Earlier this year I decided that at the beginning of each new month, I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. Today it’s time for May’s recap!
These recaps won’t necessarily always follow the same formula, but they’ll always be fun! I’ll just let the items and posts from the previous month dictate what the recap post will look like. For January, I recapped the Top 5 READER picks. For February, I talked about my 10 personal favorites from the month. In March, I highlighted my 12 personal favorites for the month. In April I talked about the top 12 READER favorites.
This month I’m highlighting the 10 items that were YOUR favorites in April! So many of y’all trusted me, you purchased these items, and then I heard awesome feedback (which obviously excites me to no end). All 10 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that most of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and several under $40! Heck…One of the items is just under $20!
So, what were y’alls favorites for the month? Look and see…
1) luggage (white 28 inch) / 2) sunshine and tacos graphic tee / 3) beaudreaux bracelet / 4) bronzing drops / 5) pink eyelet top / 6) maxi dress / 7) french stripe black maxi / 8) bra / 9) drawstring shorts / 10) kimono (A278 Green) /
1) luggage / I bought my first piece of Delsey luggage back in 2018 after being #influenced by just about every blogger in the world. Haha! Mine is the white 28″. I simply followed a lot of other blogger’s leads and went ahead and got this suitcase, and I’ve been so happy with my purchase, because IT IS LEGIT. (The only negative about this suitcase is that the white does show wear. However, most marks do come out with a magic eraser. And to be honest, I like how the white looks so much that I’m willing to deal with scuff marks here and there.) THIS LUGGAGE IS AWESOME.
Here’s the suitcase open. In addition to the hard shell and how easily it glides all over an airport, one of it’s very best features is that both sides zipper shut.
AND GREAT NEWS! It’s ON SUPER SALE right now at Amazon! We are talking 52% OFF! I bought it on sale too.
2) sunshine and tacos graphic tee / This Sunshine and Tacos tee is SO FREAKING CUTE! I mean, truer words have never been spoken. I am a girl who LOVES sunshine and tacos!!! I fell in love with this green, but it comes in several other colors as well. It comes in men’s, women’s, and kid’s fits, and I’m wearing the men’s fit in a medium.
I actually dedicated an entire post to Amazon graphic tees, and it was super popular. The tee above was the most popular, but only by a small margin. If you want to see all of the others I highlighted and styled in outfits, click HERE.
Here’s just a quick look at some of them…
Again, click HERE to see me in all of the above tees AND MORE!
This was my favorite tee and the 2nd most popular graphic tee…
This Sunshine tee says it’s “orange”, but I would definitely describe it as yellow. It’s not even a tiny bit orange to me. It’s got more stretch in it than the tees above, and it’s a bit more of a feminine fit. This one is very soft. Again, I’m wearing a medium.
3) beaudreaux bracelet / The Boudreaux bracelet is a 6 strand cuff that combines lovely blush beads and stones with a silver strand thrown in for a bit of interest. This is the most girly of all the bracelets, and I’m here for it. The colors are so feminine and pretty, and I love the mix of materials. The mottled blush beads have my heart. And right now it’s 50% OFF!
If you didn’t see earlier this month, this is actually just 1 of 5 bracelets that I launched with Victoria Emerson!
The summer collection has 5 bracelets, and all 5 were thoughtfully designed and created to complement all of your summer outfits. Each bracelet features different colors and materials, all with your summer wardrobe in mind! We’ve got turquoise, golds, whites, blushes, and lots of sparkle. These bracelets will give all of your summer outfits a little something extra. Click HERE to browse the entire collection, and please take a minute to ooh and ahh over the bags. #ilovethebags All of them are currently 50% OFF!
4) bronzing drops / You’ve heard me talk about the Drunk Elephant Sunshine Drops and the SuperGoop Glow Screen many times before and know I love both products. But here’s the deal, you had never heard me talk about using them together….because I’d never done that before.
But now I have.
And now y’all have!
And the feedback is awesome.
Last month I had what I can now only refer to as a STROKE OF FREAKING GENIUS.
So I used to either use Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream and Drunk Elephant Sunshine Drops as a tinted moisturizer OR I would use SuperGoop Glow Screen as a primer under real foundation or as my foundation during the day (during spring and summer months).
One day I was explaining to my mom why I loved each product because she was interested in trying the Glow Screen and wanted to know what the differences were between the two. When talking her through the differences, I shared how I love the bronzy color that the Sunshine Drops provided, but I also loved the spf and the coverage that the Glow Screen provided.
AND THAT’S WHEN GENIUS STRUCK.
Instead of mixing the Sunshine Drops with moisturizer, WHY NOT MIX THE SUNSHINE DROPS WITH THE GLOW SCREEN???
When mixed, magic happens. I get the bronzy color I love from the Sunshine Drops…and I get the spf, healthy glow, and coverage from the Glow Screen.
I’M A FLIPPING GENIUS.
I immediately knew that I loved the combo, but I wanted reassurance that my genius was real before I shared it with y’all, so I texted Shay. When she saw my picture, she immediately responded that she didn’t have the sunshine drops, but I explained to her that she did (mine was just old packaging). Shay had used the sunshine drops before but hadn’t loved them. After talking to me, she realized she had used wayyyyyyyy too much at a time. I basically use 1/2 a squirt for an application, and she had used several squirts! #hellotan
She tried my new combo the next day and confirmed my genius.
5) pink eyelet top / THIS BLOUSE IS GORGEOUS. It’s one of those items that when I showed it, so many readers immediately had to have it. Now sadly, the pink is sold out, but it’s still available in classic black and classic white. Both colors are totally chic. It has excellent reviews, and I think it’s going to end up being a wardrobe favorite for lots of y’all. I mean, look at the sleeves! I’m wearing the small and it was a little tight across my chest. If you’re worried about the open eyelet pattern, don’t! It comes with a cami of the same color!
First of all, there are THOUSANDS of 5 star reviews. A lot of the reviewers posted pics of themselves in the dress as well if you want to see it on different body types (I know this is often super helpful). It comes in a multitude of colors and prints. I’m wearing “red”, but I also really love the “pink”. It’s a pull on dress without any zippers, and it’s insanely comfortable. It’s smocked across the bust, and it stays put. I’m not even wearing a bra with it here, but my favorite strapless bra would also work perfectly.
It’s tiered and has little ruffles on the tiers. It’s adorable.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
7) french stripe black maxi / This is a dress I first showed last year…and it was super popular then…and here it is in the Top 10 again! You first saw it in the 5 SUMMER OUTFITS post last summer, but here I’ve dressed it down with a ball cap.
It’s a perfect maxi, y’all.
First of all, it’s ONLY $26.90.
I love that it’s not clingy, but it’s also not boxy at all. It drapes really nicely and is super flattering. The material is soft and light, and it feels great on the skin. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, and that’s the only size remaining.
And get this. IT DOESN’T WRINKLE. I pulled it right out of the package and it looked great. This would be a great little travel dress.
I love the little straw tote with pom poms. It’s just plain fun!
Here it is the first time you saw it…
And I want to mention the sunglasses briefly. You’ve seen them on the blog soooo many times because they are AWESOME. And under $13. FOR REAL.
8) bra / If you want to read my FULL POST with all of my thoughts on these bras, click HERE. THESE BRAS ARE AWESOME. Before receiving them, I thought they were going to be bras that were just for wearing at home because they wouldn’t be supportive enough to wear out and about. I was wrong. These bras are great for all day wear as well as lounging at home. They provide the support we need and the comfort we desire.
9) drawstring shorts / These drawstring shorts are FABULOUS. I love them and they have absolutely fantastic reviews. They come in 10 colors, and they really are the perfect shorts to just slip on and immediately look put together all summer long.
I’m wearing a small. These are the “warm clementine”.
Here’s a look at the entire outfit…
10) kimono (A278 Green) / This kimono is FANTASTIC. I’m wearing the “green”, but I think it’s more like a turquoise. It also comes in black, blue, and orange as well as a couple in a different pattern. I’m wearing it here with denim shorts, but it would also look great with white jeans and wedges!
When you see it closed like this, you see the kimono could also make a fabulous swimsuit cover up.
COLLAGE ROUND UP
Click HERE for Summer Finds Under $40.
1) travel bluetooth speaker / 2) swimsuit / 3) smocked tie shoulder top / 4) bra / 5) flip flops / 6) always stay humble and kind tee / 7) LOVE bracelets / 8) glow screen / 9) cover up ( pat3 – light blue ) / 10) muscle tank / 11) striped tote / 12) denim shorts / 13) lip oil (dragon fruit) /
Click HERE for my Mother’s Day collage post. Mother’s Day has obviously passed, but I continue to highly recommend everything in this collage.
1. blardigan / 2. smooth and shine hair serum / 3. Our Place Always pan/ 4. body butter / 5. charm necklace / 6. rose gold necklace stand / 7. aromatherapy diffuser / 8. sparkly bracelet / 9. pajama set / 10. charcuterie board / 11. SCOUT tote bag / 12. throw
Click HERE for the April favorites collage.
1) bracelet stack / 2) Always Pan /3) straw tote / 4) orange floral swimsuit / 5) washed black denim shorts / 6) Lake Life tee / 7) MUST HAVE leggings / 8) Zella Long sleeve tee / 9) straight legged cropped jeans / 10) puff sleeve sweatshirt / 11) neutral patent sandals / 12) frayed step hem jeans /
And if you missed Monday’s post this week, you need to click HERE to see all of the lovely coral items I found!
1) ruffle coral swimsuit / 2) coral bohemian earrings / 3) clutch / 4) chiffon midi dress / 5) gold huggies of varying sizes / 6) lip gloss / 7) flip flops / 8) gold heart necklace / 9) cover up / 10) coral earrings / 11) Bobbi Brown shimmer brick / 12) kimono / 13) hipster undies / 14) gold wedges / 15) pajamas / 16) sleeveless top / 17) halter swimsuit / 18) flutter sleeve dress / 19) plunge 1 piece swimsuit / 20) tiered dress
That’s it, y’all!
I hope you found something today that you think would be a great addition to your closet as well!