Earlier this year I decided that at the beginning of each new month, I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. Today it’s time for March’s recap!
These recaps won’t necessarily always follow the same formula, but they’ll always be fun and interesting. I’ll just let the items and posts from the previous month dictate what the recap post will look like. For January, I recapped the Top 5 READER picks. For February, I talked about my 10 personal favorites from the month.
This month I found several stand out items that I continue to be super pumped about, so today I’m going to highlight MY PERSONAL TOP 12 FAVORITES for March. I couldn’t limit the list to 10 because there were just too many great items in March.
All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and several under $40!
1) navy and green tie dye tee / 2) navy and white striped poncho sweater / 3) turquoise stud earrings / 4) lounge set ( tie dye oversized sweatshirt / tie dye terry shorts ) / 5) peach henley / 6) pink leggings / 7) neutral wedges / 8) Jewel Lip Gloss / 9) Supergoop Glow Screen / 10) Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask / 11) washed black denim shorts / 12) white jeans
1) navy and green tie dye tee / This tee is so good that I own it in the navy and green combo as well as the pink and red combo. It’s not too fitted, and it’s so incredibly soft. It looks good with regular denim, denim shorts, and white denim. Click HERE to see the pink and red one on me with white jeans. For size reference, I wear a medium in the tee.
tie dye tee (plus size tee) / denim shorts / gold sandals
2) navy and white striped poncho sweater / I pretty much always love a stripe, and I’m totally smitten with these large navy and white stripes. It’s crazy soft, it’s got a great relaxed fit, and it’s a great weight for spring days and cool summer nights and mornings. And I’m not the only who loves it, it has fantastic reviews and it just feels great on. Notice how the sleeves are kind of blousy up top, but more fitted on the bottom, so even though the sweater is oversized, it doesn’t look sloppy. Click HERE to see the striped sweater on me styled 2 ways. On the same post, you can also see the “rosy grapefruit” sweater styled 3 ways.
LEFT: striped sweater / statement hoops / logo necklace / straight leg cropped jeans / cognac sandals
RIGHT: striped sweater / statement hoops / logo necklace / favorite denim shorts / cognac sandals
3) turquoise stud earrings / These turquoise earrings became fast favorites for me. They are teeny tiny, and although there’s just 1 post, there’s 2 little studs. They are so fun to wear, a little bit edgy, and I’ve received so many compliments on them. When you wear them horizontally, it even kind of looks like there are 2 studs in separate holes. They’re awesome.
white long sleeve tee / turquoise earrings / layered necklace
4) tie dye oversized sweatshirt and tie dye terry shorts / Y’all didn’t see this on me until last week, but I’ve owned it for 2 weeks now, and I’m not kidding when I say that I’ve already worn it like 8 times. You need to make sure you grab it on sale because it’s pricey, but if you can get it for 30% OFF or more it is absolutely worth it. I’ve been wearing it so much in the orange and pink combo that I just went for it and grabbed the blue colorway at 40% OFF. I wear a small in both the sweatshirt and the shorts, and they are both still plenty oversized.
tie dye oversized sweatshirt / tie dye terry shorts
5) peach henley / I just showed you this henley last week, but it became a favorite for me immediately. I love this top. If it came in 3 other colors, I would buy all 3. FOR REAL. It’s like a thick t-shirt material, but the styling makes it cuter than just a regular ol’ t-shirt. This color is called “sheer pink”, but it’s not sheer at all, and I think it’s more peachy than pink. It’s such a pretty color and will look great with a tan! For size reference, I’m wearing a small and it’s still a very relaxed fit. If you want to more more about the shorts, click HERE (make sure you size UP).
henley t shirt / logo necklace / frayed hem shorts / cognac sandals
6) pink leggings / I LOVE THESE LEGGINGS. I mean, of course I do. They’re a MUST HAVE after all, and I’ve been wearing the heck out of the dark grey ones since October. I couldn’t resist the pink because they are perfect for spring. They are sooooooooooooooo soft (the softest leggings I own), so comfy, and so flattering. They have a high waist band, they have banded cuffs on the bottom, AND THEY HAVE POCKETS. They fit like leggings, but they have the styling of a jogger. They don’t have as much compression as other Zella leggings, but I like that these are just crazy comfy. To be honest, I’m obsessed. I’m wearing a small in the leggings. I’m wearing a medium in the top in the pic below, but I exchanged it for the small and it fits much better.
white long sleeve tee / pink must have leggings/ turquoise earrings / layered necklace / sneakers
white long sleeve tee / pink must have leggings/ turquoise earrings / layered necklace / sneakers
7) neutral wedges / These wedges are fabulous. The wedge is braided, there’s little white stitching details, they’ve got a great square toe, and they are a perfect neutral. These are a lot easier to get on and off than the studded wedges I showed y’all, and since the strap has a bit of stretch to it, you can actually pull them off and on without having to mess with the buckle (which I totally appreciate). I love not having to buckle them each time I put them on. They are on the narrow side, so if you have wide feet, these might not be for you.
I would recommend sizing up a 1/2.
I haven’t even shown them in an outfit yet, but expect to start seeing them regularly!
8) Jewel Lip Gloss / This lipstick is “Very Victoria” and I would describe it as a matte pinky neutral (with brown undertones). When paired with the jewel gloss in “champagne diamonds” , it just gives a super shiny overall neutral look with some soft color. I love a shiny lip, so I would never wear a matte lip without a gloss. This gloss is high shine and has staying power. It’s a tiny bit sticky (that’s what gives it it’s staying power), but not overly so. It feels very hydrating on my lips.
Charlotte Tilbury Jewely Lip Gloss / Matte Revolution Lipstick
9) Supergoop Glow Screen / I’ve been using Supergoop Glow Screen for over a year now, but it’s making my March favorites since it was in my beauty post this month. The Glow Screen is a primer that has a beautiful tint to it with a glowy finish (that’s not too glowy or sparkly)! It’s described on the site as a lightweight, pearlescent sunscreen with SPF 40 that hydrates the skin while acting as a makeup-gripping primer.
I do not enjoy a sparkly face, and I was worried that this product would make me sparkly or glittery. Instead, I was so happy to find that it just gives a healthy looking sheen and highlight. I wore it every single day in the summer last year and loved the results. It has SPF 40 in it so it protects your skin beautifully from the sun’s harmful rays AND it gives really pretty coverage. It doesn’t leave you greasy or oil, you just get protection with a pretty finish. Another bonus is that it has hyaluronic acid! Other face sunscreens I’ve used in the past leave me greasy or oily, and I feel like my makeup slides off my face, but this product doesn’t disappoint!
Sometimes I use it under makeup simply as my sunscreen and primer, but most often it’s the only “foundation” I wear during the warm weather months.
I LOVE that this product can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. It gives me the SPF I need and the coverage I want! I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH.
10) Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask / This is on March’s favorites list only because it’s been out of stock for awhile, and it finally came back in stock last month! THANK HEAVENS! My goodness my hair was missing it.
You will notice a major difference in your hair after the very first use, and after repeated use (I use it 2x a week) you will NEVER want to go without it. I’m telling you, your hair will be so soft…so shiny…and it will look so healthy. It’s a truly amazing product. I would give it 100 stars if I could.
11) washed black denim shorts / These shorts are from the same maker as my favorite denim shorts, they are just a washed black! They are essentially the exact same shorts, just in a new color. I know all of you that already have and love the best denim shorts are immediately putting this black version into your cart. IT’S A TOTAL NO BRAINER for those of us that already have the other pair. I can wear both the size 27 and the size 28, but I’ve decided I prefer the fit of the 28.
ruffle hem peplum top / statement hoops / logo necklace / black denim shorts / black sandals
12) white jeans / In March I found my white jeans for the spring and summer! I never found any I liked last year, so I was thrilled to find these this year. They are actually called “ankle skinny pants”, but I totally think of them as just super soft and awesome white jeans.
Now that I see that they aren’t called jeans, I get it, because they are SO DANG SOFT and stretchy….but I really do think of them as jeans and will style them like they are jeans. They are 53% cotton, 29% polyester, 15% rayon, and 3% spandex. I think there must be at least 5% unicorn dust in them too because they’re just that good. These jeans are really stretchy, very slimming, and incredibly comfortable. I love the white button and the little side slits at the ankle. They aren’t see thru (although you can see the pockets a bit), but I of course still recommend wearing nude undies. They actually come in 8 colors, and I predict that some of you will like the fit and comfort so much that you will end up ordering them in at least 1 more color. Click HERE to see them styled in 10 different outfits.
chambray shirt / beaded hoop earrings / heart layered necklace / bracelet set / white jeans/ dark bourbon leather buckle sandals
Click HERE if you want to hop over to the post and read my thoughts on February’s items.
That’s all y’all! I hope you found something today that you think would be a great addition to your closet as well!
Erika Slaughter says
Yes!! Give me all the Glow sunscreen too!
Happy Birthday Shaffer!
Sheila C says
I love these posts! I hemmed and hawed over the Loft sweater, but now I know it’s a must-have for me! Also, Happy Birthday, Sheaffer! (I’m also an April girl, I knew I liked you!) Hope you have a wonderful day and year ahead 🙂
Thank you, Sheila! You’ll love the sweater! xoxo
Alison Althouse says
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHEAFFER! Hope you have a fantastic day to celebrate!
Thank you so much, Alison!!! xoxo
Jo Ellen Hickey says
Happy birthday dear Sheaffer! You bring such joy and inspiration to me each morning as I read your blog. Every time I use my Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm I thank you! Have a fabulous day!
YES, please think of me each time you use the balm. I love that! Thanks for the birthday wishes! xoxo
Shay Shull says
I mean…I hope you’re doing something so fantastic today. xo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHEAFFER!!? Hope you have a beautiful day!
Your blog is a bright spot for me, thank you!?
Awwww! Thanks so much, Julie!!! xoxo
Happy Birthday Sheaffer. I hope you have a fantastic day with your people! Your blog is a bright spot for me, so thank you for everything you do!
Such a sweet thing to say! Thank you, Keri! xoxo
Happy Birthday, Sheaffer! From your birthday twin up north!
Patrice Bennett says
Happy Birthday Shaefer!!! Thank You for upping my style game (way up!!) for years now!!!
Laurie S says
Hope you had a blessed Easter weekend! Those wedge sandals caught my eye… very pretty, love the square toe – although I’d prefer a lower height. I’ll also check out your the SuperGoop sunscreen – I’d love a bit of “shimmer” since I’d be wearing it on its own.
Julie Bradford says
Hope you had a great birthday!!!! Hope you were celebrated all day long!!!!
question…have you noticed the washed black denim shorts fitting a little different than the regular denim… so I bought a 28 last year in the regular denim and they were big (odd b/c I usually wear same size as you in everything) 😛 so this year I saw the black ones and ordered a 27 in the black and thought what the heck I will order a 27 in the denim too… black 27 fit great and the denim 27 are still just a little big… I think maybe bc the denim are a boyfriend fit.. anyway just curious if this is the case for you.. i think my issue is I don’t have a rear. HAHHAHA just curious
Hi, Julie! I was thinking that they were the exact same shorts, but after getting this question, I went to read more about them and you’re right. The black ones are 1″ smaller at the leg opening, so they do fit a bit tighter. The regular denim will have a little more room at the leg, which will lead to a different fit. I just hadn’t noticed! xoxo