We’ve basically made it to the end May.
And you know what that means? We’ve made it to the end of school!
We need to reward ourselves for making it here. #forreal Because OH MY WORD I know it’s been a challenge for most. We had it easy in my neck of the woods because the kids were basically in school the entire year, but I know that wasn’t the case for many of y’all. I truly cannot imagine how difficult this year has been for most, and I know that many of you are
limping crawling to the finish line and cannot wait till summer.
Anyway, we made it.
YOU MADE IT!
So, today you should treat yourself to a little something. You know, just a small YOU ARE AWESOME gift to yourself. #youdeserveit Nothing is over $40, and most of the items featured are actually under $30! Have a fun little shopping day for yourself. Or you might consider grabbing something for a friend that might need a little pick me up! If you’re a teacher, you should grab yourself something for sure. Y’all are the real MVP’s of this year. (Actually, I’ll share at the end of this post how I want to treat a handful of teachers!)
All of today’s items have me all sorts of ready for summer!
1) travel bluetooth speaker / 2) swimsuit / 3) smocked tie shoulder top / 4) bra / 5) flip flops / 6) always stay humble and kind tee / 7) LOVE bracelets / 8) glow screen / 9) cover up ( pat3 – light blue ) / 10) muscle tank / 11) striped tote / 12) denim shorts / 13) lip oil (dragon fruit) /
1) travel bluetooth speaker / First of all, how cute is this mini Bluetooth speaker?!? It packs a sonic punch and includes a handy mini USB charging cable so the tunes never stop. It’s an incredible deal at only $25 and will be so easy to throw in your bag for all of your summer adventures.
2) swimsuit / I’m a 1 piece swimsuit girl. Always have been, and definitely always will be. I LOVE a strapless one piece (with the option of straps), and the colors and the floral pattern on this one have me swooning. And how cute is the little tie on the bust? I actually grabbed this suit in the white last year and absolutely loved it, but they shipped me a small even though I ordered a medium, and I definitely needed the medium. I thought it was awesome and was totally bummed when I hopped online last year to order the medium and it was sold out already. Great news! It’s available again! The cups are molded, super supportive, and lined with padding for modesty. It comes up high on the back (yay!) and has full bootie coverage (double yay!). Also, the fabric is almost like a thick pique and the shirring is incredibly flattering. It really holds you in! The reviews on the site are fantastic, and there’s even a 66 year old woman who posted a picture of herself in the suit and looks AMAZING (you can find her picture on the 2nd page of reviews). We are headed to the beach next month, so I ordered it for myself yesterday.
3) smocked tie shoulder top / This little smocked top is adorable. My favorite is the blue stripe, but there are also red and black gingham options that are also available. It’s the adjustable tie shoulders for me.
4) bra / I’m not done screaming and shouting about my love for this bra just quite yet. If you haven’t given it a shot, I’m going to continue to plead with you to just give it a try! Order it (free shipping and free returns) to just see what you think. It’s still on sale for $19.99. Click HERE to get to the post that I dedicated to this bra last week. It’s sooooo good y’all. It’s got perfectly rounded cups (I don’t enjoy a pointy boob), and the entire thing is stretchy and feels amazing on. And because of the stretch, the sizing is so forgiving. This particular bra is available in a range of sizes from S to 3 XL, and the medium is PERFECT for me! This bra is the other bra I highlight in the post, and I love it just as much. SO comfy, SO supportive, and SO affordable.
5) flip flops / These are my favorite flip flops, forever and always. I wear them all summer long around town as well as to the pool and the beach. They are comfortable, flexible, and they clean up so easily because you can just rinse them off! The “light golden” and the “rose gold” are both perfect neutrals that look great with a tan.
6) always stay humble and kind tee / I love the pink and navy color combo, but I REALLY love the message. I haven’t shown this tee on the blog yet (I just got it last week), but it’s soooo soft and soooo cute. I hope to show it to you next week in a styled outfit picture. For size reference, the medium is great on me. And if you’re like me and love a great graphic tee, make sure you check out my Graphic Tees Galore Post! I highlight a ton of super cute graphic tees, and the majority are under $20.
7) LOVE bracelets / I mean. DARLING. And only $15.99. I have these and have already taken outfit pics with them that you will see later this week. It’s a great little set.
8) glow screen / This is a product that I’m now using for the 2nd year, and I’m absolutely devoted to it during the spring and summer months. I used to wear it on it’s own, but now I mix it with these bronzing drops. When mixed, magic happens. I get the bronzy color I love from the Sunshine Drops…and I get the spf, healthy glow, and coverage from the Glow Screen. Head to this post to read more about the combo and to see it all mixed together!
I also want to mention two other summer products under $40 that I get questions on almost every day:
* The self tanner I swear by. THIS PRODUCT IS FANTASTIC. Second to getting a professional spray tan, this is the best and most natural looking “tan” I’ve ever had. It comes with a mitt, you spray the product on the mitt, and then you rub the product on your body in circular motions. The great thing about this tanner is that you can see it going on, so you can see if you are missing areas and then fix them. You immediately see a difference in color, but the tan continues to develop a bit over the next hour or so. It has a light scent that I actually think smells great, and it’s not glittery. It’s awesome. Click HERE to see a before and after picture comparing my legs (1 with product, and 1 without).
* The Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Drops blow me away. Here’s what you do. You mix drops of them into your favorite moisturizer. The more drops, the deeper the tan. You rub it all over your face (being careful not to miss any spots), and within a couple of hours, a “tan” develops. It’s magical really. I appreciate that you can control the deepness of your tan with the number of drops you use. They call it “controlling your glow”, and I’m here for it. I grabbed the medium formula, and I use 3 drops mixed in with my moisturizer. I feel like it gives me an even bronze glow that’s not streaky or orange. I think it’s best to apply it at night so it can develop while sleeping. When using 3 drops, the color fades in about 3 days, so I typically use this product about twice a week. If you are still on the fence, I highly recommend hopping over to the site to read some of the other reviews. MY GOODNESS, people are obsessed with this product.
9) cover up ( pat3 – light blue ) / I’ll be showing this cover up in next month’s Amazon haul because I already got it and love it, but I wanted to go ahead and introduce y’all to it since I know many of you have beach vacations planned or are at least ready to start heading to the pool. It’s got the fit of an oversized men’s shirt, and I think it’s awesome. TONS of colors are available, but I gravitated towards this light blue windowpane pattern (officially called pat3 – light blue).
10) muscle tank / Y’all know I love Caslon crew neck tees and own several solids and stripes from over the years. I guess I’m going to have to grab this sleeveless version as well. I mean, it’s ONLY $19! It comes in several stripes, lots of solids, and even camo. It will be great with both denim and white shorts, as well as jeans.
11) striped tote / This striped tote is so vibrant, so colorful, and so dang cute! And it’s definitely big enough to be used as a beach or pool bag. It’s straight up awesome. It’s super lightweight, very roomy, and has interior pockets. This is a great tote!
12) denim shorts / My favorite pair of denim shorts is $68, and I get requests all the time from readers for shorts that are more affordable. I spotted these denim shorts and immediately ordered them for myself so I can review them for y’all. They were supposed to arrive Friday, but I haven’t received them yet. I’m regularly a 4, but I actually ordered both a 6 and an 8. I want a relaxed look, and I’m just not sure what size is going to work best. I hope to be able to show y’all on Wednesday!
13) lip oil (dragon fruit) / I have a tarte post coming up next month (they are going to have an awesome promo going on that y’all are going to flip over), and I ordered some items to try out for the future post. This lip oil is just one of the items I’m excited about. It looks a lot more pigmented in the container than it does once it goes on your lips, which I was actually happy about. I would say that this has just a hint of color. It’s thick (without being sticky), and it totally glides on.
That’s all for today! Did you treat yourself to something? Or did you grab a little happy gift for a friend? I already have and love #4, #5,#6, #7, #8, #9, #11, and #13. And I went ahead and ordered a couple of the other items for myself and will definitely share them with you after I receive them.
Now. For a small token of my appreciation…
I mentioned teachers at the beginning of the post, and I would love to celebrate a handful of teachers. If you’re a teacher, leave a comment on the post saying what you would like most from today’s collage! Or if you are somebody who would like to nominate a beloved teacher, leave the teacher’s name you are nominating in the comments. I’ll pick 5 teachers and send something to them from today’s post. Just a little way to celebrate the teachers and let them know how much we appreciate them!
That’s all for today, y’all! See you back here on Wednesday!