Today I’ve got some super fun and totally affordable summer items to highlight!
I don’t know about y’all, but we are summering hard over here. Like HARD hard. We’re only a handful of days in, but we are living it up! Lots of grilling, lots of hanging in the pool, lots of late nights (like starting movies at 11:00 and going to bed at 1:00 a.m.), and lots of late mornings too. We’re reallllllllllly good at Summer.
I did a post like this last year and it was super popular, so I wanted to throw together another short list of fun items that can help you kick off Summer!
So, pour yourself a lemonade (add a little something “extra” if you wish), and see if there’s anything you need to treat yourself to today! I mean, just a little YOU MADE IT TO SUMMER gift for yourself. #youdeserveit My gosh, that last semester was a beast! Haha!
*UPDATE: This collage was originally supposed to run last week, but I postponed it until this week. I ordered everything in this collage, and most of it arrived over the past week. I’ll be showing y’all the items over the next couple of weeks, but the only items I’m not 100% sold on for myself are #4 and #12. I’ll explain why below.
- puff sleeve tee / 2. t shirt dress / 3. neoprene tote / 4. red swimsuit / 5. striped maxi / 6. insulated wine tumbler / 7. sunglasses / 8. party animal hat / 9. multicolor bracelet / 10. nude patent sandals / 11. White Claw insulated cooler sleeves / 12. white shorts
- puff sleeve tee / This soft tee with these special little sleeves is perfect for both denim shorts and white jeans. I’m in love with the pink peony color, but I’m glad there are several other colors to choose from as well. And you can’t beat a great tee for under $20. I got the small and it’s perfect.
- t shirt dress / There’s not much I love more than a great t shirt dress. I love the fit to be swingy (not clingy at all), and I want to be able to wear it on it’s own as well as layered with a denim jacket (I love this under $40 jacket on Amazon HERE). I like a black dress, I like a grey dress, I like a striped dress, and I’m totally IN LOVE with this bright coral/red. And for $20? SIGN ME UP! You know I’m going to pair it with my favorite summer tassel or my favorite tile bracelets.
- neoprene tote / This tote is large, versatile, functional, AND JUST PLAIN CUTE! It’s easy to pack, super lightweight (I don’t like when empty bags are already heavy), and of course waterproof! It’s machine washable, easy to dry, and did I mention cute? There are several color combos to choose from, but I liked this vibrant orange and blue combination. There’s a removable board on the bottom to give it structure, and the snaps on the outside make it possible to configure it a couple of different ways. This is a great bag!
- red swimsuit / My friend Alli texted me about this swimsuit singing it’s praises. She said it was a miracle suit and not too cheeky, so I ordered it for myself. Alli has excellent taste, and it has fantastic reviews. Now, I’m going to be honest, I don’t love it on me because it shows a lot of my back…and for some reason I don’t love my back. I prefer my swimsuits to be straight across the back and high (like a strapless tankini top). If you don’t mind showing your back, this is a reallllllllllly great suit. And from the front, it’s super flattering! Again, I think most of you (that aren’t weird about your back like me) will LOVE it. Great find, Alli!
- striped maxi / Give me all the easy summer dresses. I like them long, I like them short, and I always like them striped. I’ll show this on me next week, but it’s very flattering and looks good on it’s own as well as layered. THIS DRESS IS AWESOME. The small is perfect on me.
- insulated wine tumbler / This is a wine tumbler, but I found it to be perfect for my coconut lime seltzer water and vodka cocktail. It kept my drink perfectly cold in the hot sun, and it’s darling. Mine is the “color swirl”, but there are over 20 colorways to choose from. Check out all the Swig products on Amazon from coffee cups to water bottles to tumblers of all different sizes.
- sunglasses / I first purchased these sunglasses in the tortoise and LOVE them. They are great quality and an amazing deal for under $15! The tortoise has been out of stock forever, but they are finally available again, so I went ahead and ordered the black too. They look much more expensive than they are. To see them on me, click HERE and check out the outfit pics with the red dress.
- party animal hat / Judith March hats are my favorites, and I thought the colors and the design were just too much fun on this one. I had to have it. Click HERE for all of the choices!
- multicolor bracelet / Excellent reviews, every color under the rainbow, and under $20. What’s not to like? I also grabbed this wrap bracelet with the turquoise stone and am absolutely blown away. I got the “ocean jasper silver” and it is gorgeous. If you love pink, you’ll want to check out the “rose quartz”.
- nude patent sandals / I know that so many of you are Tory Burch Miller sandal OBSESSED. I’ve always wanted to be a Miller lover (because I really do LOVE them on others), but I don’t love flip flops on my feet (because I don’t love my toes and I often find flip flops to be uncomfortable). I still wear Havianas even though they are flip flops, because I do love those for some reason. I think it’s mainly because their flexibility makes them comfy. But enough about me. Haha! If you’ve always wanted the look of TB Miller sandals but haven’t wanted to pay the price, CHECK THESE BABIES OUT! I ordered them just so I could comment on the quality, and they truly are amazing. The foot bed is a little bit padded, and they actually seem like they would be more comfortable than the Miller sandals that don’t seem to have any padding. Also, I got these Melissa leopard and gold bow flip flops in and I’m OBSESSED. These are so similar to Havianas (fit wise, material wise, and comfort wise), so I kept them for myself even though they are flip flops. I’ll show them next week, but I LOVE THEM.
- White Claw insulated cooler sleeves / White Claws, Trulys, and all sorts of seltzer adult beverages are all the rage right now. And I’ve gotta say, I think they are delicious. These little cooler sleeves will keep your drinks crisp and cool. Plenty sleeves for you and your friends in this set of 6.
- white shorts / Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I hope to have glowing reviews soon. I did see that they appear to be more of a creamy white than a bright white, and I think I’d prefer a bright white, but we’ll see. They definitely look like they are going to have a great fit and they are certainly a great price. If you are concerned about the shade of white or about if they are see thru, you might want to wait until I can review them before purchasing!
OTHER UNDER $40 SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOT JUST AMAZON):
*I grabbed this tiered skirt from Target when I popped in for something totally unrelated, AND Y’ALL. It’s DARLING. I wish the top was available for the matching set, but it’s sold out. STILL, it’s going to be so cute styled with a tee.
*Supergoop Glow Screen Sunscreen – I’m wearing this primer every day. I’m thrilled that it has the SPF I need, and I love the subtle glow it gives!
*lace undies – have them and love them
*3 pack bras – have them and love them
*leopard and gold Melissa flip flops – I mentioned these above, but they for sure deserve another mention #becauseCUTE.
*This light wash denim jacket is $1.77 over the $40 limit, BUT IT’S WORTH IT. I’ve had the medium wash in a size medium for over a year now and think it’s awesome. After getting lots of questions over the last year if the light wash was comparable to my must have denim jacket, I finally ordered it. The medium was a little oversized on me, so I grabbed it in a small AND OHEMGEEEEEEE. It’s fabulous. I will definitely show it next week, but it just came in on Sunday afternoon so I haven’t had a chance to style it. I love the fit of the small and the collar seems to stay popped on it’s own. It’s a great jacket.
And before you go, I’ve got a handful of UNDER $25 items that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, even though they didn’t make it to the collage.
*This $20 flutter sleeve tee is adorable on and such a great tee that’s a little special. I grabbed the terra cotta stripe.
*Ladies! I’m obsessed with this navy and white striped tank one piece swimsuit. When wearing it with denim shorts, it looks just like a bodysuit, but it’s a swimsuit! It’s got great back coverage, soft and removable pads, and it’s not cheeky at all. This is a total mom suit, BUT IT’S AWESOME. And it’s right at $25. It will be so cute at the lake on the 4th! I’ll show it on me in my Amazon Haul later this month.
*I’ve talked about this lip mask at least 5 times, but I’m even more obsessed with it than ever. I absolutely cannot go to sleep without it on, and I love putting it on in the morning too.
That’s it for today!
So I’m curious, do you have any of your own Amazon Summer Essentials that we need to know about? I love when y’all tell me to!