Earlier this year I decided that at the beginning of each new month, I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. Today it’s time for April’s recap!
These recaps won’t necessarily always follow the same formula, but they’ll always be fun! I’ll just let the items and posts from the previous month dictate what the recap post will look like. For January, I recapped the Top 5 READER picks. For February, I talked about my 10 personal favorites from the month. In March, I highlighted my 12 personal favorites for the month.
This month I’m highlighting the 12 items that were YOUR favorites in April! So many of y’all trusted me, you purchased these items, and then I heard awesome feedback (which obviously excites me to no end). All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that with the exception of the pan, all of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and several under $40! Heck…One of the items is even under $15!
So, what were y’alls favorites for the month? Look and see…
1) bracelet stack / 2) Always Pan /3) straw tote / 4) orange floral swimsuit / 5) washed black denim shorts / 6) Lake Life tee / 7) MUST HAVE leggings / 8) Zella Long sleeve tee / 9) straight legged cropped jeans / 10) puff sleeve sweatshirt / 11) neutral patent sandals / 12) frayed step hem jeans /
1) bracelet stack / How cute is this stack! The original stack I linked sold out, but this stack is almost a perfect match. I’ve been showing these on the blog since last year, but when I started using them to style spring and summer items this year, they gained popularity again. Hey, they are standing the test of time!
2) Always Pan / Click HERE to get the post with alllllllllll of my thoughts on the pan. Spoiler Alert: I THINK IT’S STRAIGHT UP AWESOME. And heads up: I think today is THE LAST DAY for the $30 OFF code (use code GOODTASTE30), so get it while the gettin’ is good!
FYI: The striped sweater is on SUPER SALE and was a Top 12 favorite from March, and the jeans I’m wearing are actually #9 in this month’s collage.
3) straw tote / This straw tote is adorable. It’s lined with a blue striped fabric inside the bag and on the handles, and it comes with a cute little tassel. It’s a great little Amazon find and is the quintessential summer tote. It’s a fabulous deal at just $32.
4) orange floral swimsuit / I just showed y’all this for the first time on Friday, but y’all went CRAZY for it and so many of you scooped it up. I’m guessing it was the thousands of 5 STAR REVIEWS that did it for you. It comes in several solid colors, several different color florals (love the teal floral too), AND IT’S UNDER $30. That’s an incredible deal. If you head to the link and scroll down to the reviews, there are lots of pictures of people with all different body types in the suit. Some even leave their weight, height, and bra size for reference. For size reference, I grabbed a medium in this suit. The straps are a little long for me (I have the shortest torso in the world), but the fit is fabulous otherwise.
I also heard from TONS of ladies that already have this strapless swimsuit and swear by it!
5) washed black denim shorts / These are from the same maker as my favorite denim shorts, they are just a washed black! They are essentially the exact same shorts, just in a new color. I know all of you that already have and love the best denim shorts are immediately putting this black version into your cart. IT’S A TOTAL NO BRAINER for those of us that already have the other pair. They’ve got some stretch in them, are very comfy, and super flattering!
They were actually in the top 12 last month too!
6) Lake Life tee / I don’t even have a lake house, but I still love this tee. It says “Lake Life – Cuz Beaches Be Salty”. Haha! I did get the “orange”, but I think it’s more pink than it is orange. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It’s very soft and comfy to wear. (Spoiler: If you are in to graphic tees, you are going to freak over Wednesday’s post.)
7) MUST HAVE leggings / These leggings have made the Top 10 list every month so far this year. AND HEY, I GET IT. I own these must have leggings in 4 colors, and I know many of y’all own multiple colors as well. You can click HERE to see me in all 4 colors, but here’s the light green!
I LOVE THESE LEGGINGS. I mean, of course I do. They’re a MUST HAVE after all. They are sooooooooooooooo soft (the softest leggings I own), so comfy, and so flattering. They have a high waist band, they have banded cuffs on the bottom, AND THEY HAVE POCKETS. They fit like leggings, but they have the styling of a jogger. They don’t have as much compression as other Zella leggings, but I like that these are just crazy comfy. To be honest, I’m obsessed. I’m wearing a small.
8) Zella Long sleeve tee – I have this tee in several colors. And I want more. Just sayin’. I mean, ask my neighbors, they see me in the leggings and the tees just about every dang day. I’ll wear this pink tee with black leggings for sure, but I think it’s super cute with the bright blue leggings as well. Again, I’m wearing a small in both pieces. The tee is very lightweight, a great length for leggings, and it’s got thumbholes (which I love).
I really love the blue leggings too.
9) straight legged cropped jeans / For those that are looking for an alternative to a skinny jean, but don’t want to go full on mom jeans or baggy boyfriend jeans, these are a fantastic option. They are straight leg, they are cropped, they are distressed (without being destroyed), and they are just different enough to make me feel super stylish!!! For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 27. They do have some stretch in them, but they aren’t quite as stretchy as my Wit and Wisdom jeans.
Here’s a close up shot!
If you haven’t tried them, you really do need to! I reach for them ALL THE TIME now.
10) puff sleeve sweatshirt – So I showed this sweatshirt to y’all in green, but it sold out immediately. I ended up grabbing this light pink for myself, and I think a lot of y’all did too. I love this gathered sleeve sweatshirt so much. It’s such a light and pretty shade of pink, and I’m thrilled that I’m going to have 2 in my closet. This sweatshirt is oversized (I like it that way), lightweight, very soft, and just plain cute. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
11) neutral patent sandals / I introduced y’all to these last year when I first got them, and here they are a year later, still in the top reader favorites because I wore them in lots of outfits this month. Y’all loved them then and you love them now.
You know who else loves them? ME! They have a padded foot bed so they are comfy, the piece between my toes doesn’t bother me at all (as it often does in flip flops), and I love the neutral patent so much (although it does come in lots of other color choices as well).
I would recommend sizing up a 1/2. Mine are the “almond”, but they come in TONS of colors.
These sandals are a really great option to the Tory Burch Miller Sandal (if you don’t want to pay the price for the TB’s).
12) frayed step hem jeans / No surprise here, there’s a pair of Wit and Wisdom jeans in the Top Picks for the month. These have the Ab Solution power mesh technology that I pretty much swear by. I’m telling you they suck you in and are incredibly flattering, but they still somehow manage to remain super comfy. The power mesh technology is nothing short of amazing. These jeans will make you look and feel awesome! For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4.
Look how cute the hem is on these jeans! They are frayed and it’s a pretty dramatic step hem, which makes them very unique and extra DARLING. Oh, and I love the super light wash.
That’s it, y’all!
I hope you found something today that you think would be a great addition to your closet as well!