MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
Mother’s Day is May 9th, that means we’ve got 9 days ladies!
I’ve rounded up some great gift ideas for mom, and I own (AND LOVE) many of the items seen in the collage. I can personally vouch for #1, #2, #3, #4, #6, #9, and #12! Below the collage, you can read my thoughts on each item.
1. blardigan / 2. smooth and shine hair serum / 3. Our Place Always pan/ 4. body butter / 5. charm necklace / 6. rose gold necklace stand / 7. aromatherapy diffuser / 8. sparkly bracelet / 9. pajama set / 10. charcuterie board / 11. SCOUT tote bag / 12. throw
1. blardigan / A blardigan has been and will continue to be on every single gift guide I create for a woman from now until the end of time. It’s pricey, but it truly is THE BEST gift to both give a receive. I LOVE GIVING THEM. You get the initial oohs and ahhhhs when they first feel the blardigan, and then you get the follow up texts saying things like “this really is the most amazing thing ever”. #yes #iknow For those of you that are new around here, I gave this piece of clothing the name “blardigan” because it’s part blanket, part cardigan. And it’s the softest thing you will ever put on your body. You can wear it out and about, but my favorite way to wear it is cozied up at home.
2) smooth and shine hair serum / I picked a couple of my mom’s favorite Colleen Rothschild products for this collage, and she swears by this hair serum. Last year my mom told me that her hair had lost it’s shine and had become lifeless. I told her she needed to give the CR hair products a try, so she did, and her hair was transformed! The Quench and Shine Trial and Travel Essentials set isn’t shown, but it’s in the Mother’s Day Sale and it’s only$39 right now (regularly $54). And it comes packaged so nicely! My mom absolutely swears that the hair care products have restored her hair, and this kit is a great way to introduce yourself (or your mom) to the hair care line. Personally, I don’t love the shampoo. BUT I LOVE ALL OF THE OTHER HAIR PRODUCTS. And just fyi, The Discovery Kit is also part of the Mother’s Day promotion and it’s a PERFECT introduction to many of the star skin care products in the line ($150 worth of products, regularly $95, but on sale right now for $69).
3) Our Place Always pan / If you missed my full review of the pan, you need to make sure you check it out. My review is super thorough, plus I share two different 1 skillet recipes including skillet enchiladas that are sooooo easy and soooo yummy. And GREAT NEWS! You can still grab this pan for $30 OFF with the code GOODTASTE30, which is an incredible deal. I have the “blue salt” (bought it for myself last year) and the “terracotta” (sent to me by the brand for my post), but I also really love the “sage” pan as well. I bought my mom and my mother in law this pan for Christmas, and they both love it!
4) body butter / My sister was struggling on what to get our mom for Christmas last year, so I suggested the body butter. She ended up giving her the honey vanilla body butter and the shower oil, and the woman is OBSESSED. When I asked her how she was liking it, she literally said “I rub it everywhere I can reach. I LOVE IT.” Haha! The Tahitian Manoi is a great scent for spring and summer. Another option would be to gift her the body butter trio that’s on Mother’s Day special right now!
5) charm necklace / Kendra Scott jewelry is ALWAYS a fantastic option for a Mother’s Day gift and right now it’s 20% OFF!!! This is one of Kendra’s newer pieces, and I think it’s so beautiful and would go with pretty much anything. Click HERE for gifts $50 and under, click HERE for gifts $75 and under, click HERE for gifts $100 and under.
6) rose gold necklace stand / I own this necklace stand and ADORE it. And it’s also 20% OFF! It helps keep all of my delicate necklaces separated, visible, and easy to grab. Plus, it’s just so dang pretty! This one is from Kendra Scott and the quality is incredible, but if you want one that is more economical, you can find tons to choose from on Amazon.
7. aromatherapy diffuser / I have 2 diffusers, and although they both work great and we use them daily, they aren’t pretty. This is a lovely little diffuser! You could also include some oils with the gift. You can find a lot of Young Living oils on Amazon, or you could even grab a variety pack (this one has excellent ratings) to get her started!
8) sparkly bracelet / The Nordstrom brand makes absolutely stunning CZ jewelry. This sparkly bracelet is 60% OFF right now, making it ONLY $19.60! They are known for their round stud earrings, but I think this bracelet is beautiful too, and it’s a total steal right now.
9) pajama set / These pajamas are my favorite. I typically buy a new pair every year, and I’m really loving this navy floral. They also come in a shorts version HERE. If the navy floral isn’t your thing, there are many colors/patterns to choose from.
10) charcuterie board / Charcuterie boards are all the rage right now, but there’s definitely a learning curve when creating them. A board like this helps take some of the guess work out of creating a board!
11) SCOUT tote bag / I mean, is there a cuter tote in all the land? If you aren’t familiar with SCOUT totes, you can click HERE and choose the bottom thumbnail to watch a video that will give you a solid introduction to this brand. These totes have EXCELLENT reviews and they come in tons of size and color options. AND WAIT! I just realized there’s a SCOUT event on Zulily right now! The deals are awesome!
12. throw / All of us give these these throws like crazy as Christmas gifts, but they make great Mother’s Day gifts too! (You know how I know that y’all bought them like crazy? They have been in the Top 10 purchased items f0r the last 3 years! I even think they were Top 5 for two of those years.) They are incredibly soft and cozy, they come in a myriad of colors, and they just look great thrown in a basket or over the back of the sofa. I had readers saying they’ve bought over 10! Several for themselves and tons for gifts! They launder perfectly and they are super affordable! (And since it’s May, you should know they make fantastic graduation gifts too.)
KENDRA SCOTT SALE
As mentioned above, starting today through through 5/2 you can take 20% OFF all fashion jewelry, home, and Color Bar (excludes fine jewelry, giftsets and giveback). Order by 5/2 to receive by Mother’s Day with ground shipping!
Click HERE to shop the entire sale!
Here are some of my current Kendra favorites…
These turquoise earrings became fast favorites for me. And now they are 20% OFF! They are teeny tiny, and although there’s just 1 post, there’s 2 little studs. They are so fun to wear, a little bit edgy, and I’ve received so many compliments on them. When you wear them horizontally, it even kind of looks like there are 2 studs in separate holes. They’re awesome. The layered necklace is great too and also 20% OFF!
Here’s another shot of the earrings…
And they look great with this turquoise crystal necklace.
Here’s the same necklace and earrings…they are very versatile.
I thought it would be fun today to share with y’all a handful of things I’ve recently ordered. These are items you will see on the blog in the next couple of weeks….
- These linen drawstring shorts from J Crew (with FAB reviews). I got the clementine, and I love the fuschia and the olive too.
- This J Crew eyelet popover in wild petunia. It’s going to look so awesome with white jeans!
- I can’t wait to get this striped Madewell tee on Monday. I love the contrasting color and the white, blue, and coral color combination. This baby is going to sell out fast!
- This tiered maxi skirt (with the elastic waist!) is on sale at LOFT right now, and I cannot get over the gorgeous pattern and color combination. I also grabbed the duster in the same pattern! I think it will be so amazing with white jeans. I won’t keep both, but I hope to love one of them.
- I’m excited to try to style this green and cream ikat kimono with a white denim and distressed denim shorts.
The last several years, all of my swimsuits have been from J Crew, Target, and Amazon.
I grabbed both of these last year from Target, and they’re back this year! They both have great coverage on the booty and ruching across the belly, so I think they are quite flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in both.
This suit impressed me so much. I grabbed the black and it’s totally chic! It also comes in several other colors/patterns.
It has over 5,000 5 STAR reviews, so lots of people LOVE THIS SUIT. If you click over to the site and scroll down, many reviewers posted pictures of themselves in the suit, so you can see it on lots of ladies. You’ll see that it’s very flattering on many different body types.
For size reference I’m wearing a 6, but I think an 8 might be better for me.
This year I ordered 2 new suits from Amazon. Both of them have FANTASTIC reviews.
The ruffle swimsuit has over 5,000 STAR REVIEWS! WOW! It comes in several solid colors, several different color florals (love the teal floral too), AND IT’S UNDER $30. That’s an incredible deal. If you head to the link and scroll down to the reviews, there are lots of pictures of people with all different body types in the suit. Some even leave their weight, height, and bra size for reference. For size reference, I grabbed a medium in this suit. The straps are a little long for me (I have the shortest torso in the world), but the fit is fabulous otherwise.
The strapless swimsuit is a classic Anne Cole suit. I own two of these Anne Cole swimsuits already from year’s past (1 is a paisley and 1 is a floral), and I absolutely LOVE the fit of her strapless suits. I’m excited to add the black to my collection now. The reviews on this suit have pics too. For size reference, I wear an 8 in her suits.
MUST HAVE LEGGINGS AND A GREAT TEE
Y’all. I have a straight up obsession with these leggings, which explains why I have them in 4 colors.
I’m obsessed with this long sleeve tee too.
The tee is lightweight, it has thumb holes (which is a nice detail), and it is a perfectly relaxed fit. I’m wearing a small and it’s slouchy (without being sloppy).
I LOVE THE LEGGINGS. I mean, of course I do. They’re a MUST HAVE after all. They are sooooooooooooooo soft (the softest leggings I own), so comfy, and so flattering. They have a high waist band, they have banded cuffs on the bottom, AND THEY HAVE POCKETS. They fit like leggings, but they have the styling of a jogger. They don’t have as much compression as other Zella leggings, but I like that these are just crazy comfy. To be honest, I’m obsessed. I’m wearing a small.
They restocked the linen blend tee I featured in my all neutral outfit on Monday’s post. I LOVE the color of this tee, and I’ve styled it several ways for you today. It’s a super relaxed fit, and even a small is still perfectly slouchy on me.
Looks how cute it is with this skirt . This skirt is ADORABLE. It only has 8 reviews, but they are ALL FIVE STAR! It’s cute, it’s flirty, and the fit is so flattering! I’m wearing a medium petite, but I think they are just about sold out of the petite. I think a regular small would have worked on me as well.
In this picture I’m wearing almost the exact same outfit, all I did was trade out the skirt for these stretchy cargo shorts. I love the color, and I love the subtle frayed hem. They do have quite a bit of stretch to them and have the Ab Solution stretch panels, just like the jeans.
And I wanted you to see the outfit without the jacket. These colors are great together.
This striped dress comes in tons of color options, and it’s ONLY $22.90! I also really like the black and white stripe option and both the black and blue wavy stripe options (that remind me of tie dye). It’s a rayon and spandex combo, so it’s got some stretch to it, but it’s not a clingy fit! And it has pockets! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
It of course looks great with a denim jacket thrown on top.
WEEK IN REVIEW
Click HERE for Monday’s post. I shared 3 great pairs of jeans that are PERFECT for spring and summer. The post also included included some great spring tops and accessories.
Click HERE for Wednesday’s post. It was What’s Up Wednesday and I shared some family pics as well as some super cute outfits!
That’s it for today, y’all! Have a wonderful weekend with your people!