Day #3 is here, Ladies! And it does not disappoint!
I’m super pumped, so is Shay, and I have no doubt that y’all are going to be too!
But first things first…
The winner of yesterday’s giveaway is Kari Shanaver!!!
CONGRATULATIONS, Kari! E-mail me (email@example.com) or Shay (firstname.lastname@example.org) to claim your prize within the next 48 hours!
Next, check out today’s prize…
$700 worth of Delsey luggage for yourself and $700 worth of Delsey luggage FOR A FRIEND! WOW!
That’s, right ladies! $700 worth of Delsey luggage FOR YOU and another $700 worth of Delsey luggage FOR A FRIEND!
I bought my one and only piece (so far) of Delsey luggage before traveling to L.A. for the Gibson Glam Holiday Shoot last year. My luggage was soooo old and tattered, and I was honestly embarrassed to take it to the airport. The trip was a great excuse to grab a new suitcase considering I’d actually needed a new one for years.
And what can I say, I didn’t even have to shop around because I had already been influenced by some influencers that I follow. Haha!
I simply followed a lot of other blogger’s leads and went ahead and got this suitcase.(mine is the large 28″). And I’ve been so happy with my purchase, because IT IS LEGIT. (The only negative about this suitcase is that the white does show wear. However, most marks do come out with a magic eraser. And to be honest, I like how the white looks so much that I’m willing to deal with scuff marks here and there.)
And here’s what EXTRA AWESOME! This luggage is actually the Deal of the Day at Macy’s today, and the whole collection is 60% OFF! This bag is usually $700 on it’s own, but today it’s ONLY $279.99. WHAT A FANTASTIC DEAL!
Y’all know I don’t travel a lot, but even a girl that doesn’t travel all the time still needs a great suitcase for the random occasions that she does hit the road. The second time I was able to take this baby for a spin was last month when I went to Boston with my girls.
If you haven’t seen it yet, you definitely need to go check out my recap of our girl’s trip to Boston. We had an absolute blast.
Before the trip, my genuine love for my suitcase convinced Shay that she needed one too. Shay obviously travels a lot more than I do, and she is super impressed with the functionality as well. More on that in just a minute.
(I also always travel with one of my Barrington totes. This time I chose my camo tote. It’s the perfect size to hold my laptop, a water bottle, and some snacks. And remember, you can always use the code STMTSAVE10 for 10% off your Barrington purchase.) Anything from Barrington makes an awesome personalized gift, and there’s still a handful of shopping days left where they can guarantee Christmas Eve arrival!)
MY SUITCASE AND OTHER TRAVEL ACCESSORIES
Here’s the suitcase open. In addition to the hard shell and how easily it glides all over an airport, one of it’s very best features is that both sides have zippers that shut. Most suitcases only have 1 side that zippers shut, BUT BOTH SIDES ZIPPERING SHUT IS A TOTAL GAME CHANGER.
Look how much it holds! And look how everything packs so tightly into it!
I’m also super excited about my new makeup travel bags (one is leopard and one is gold – seen on the bottom left). They come in a pack of 2.
This is the second largest bag from the set. And I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s holding 6 sweaters. SIX SWEATERS! Yes, I was only there for 3 days. But that’s how I roll.
And we can’t forget my new Lay-N-Go Bags. They come in a pack of two. I use one bag for my makeup products and one for my skincare products and other toiletries.
These little drawstring bags are freaking genius. They cinch up very easily, hold a lot, are easy to throw in the wash, and I absolutely LOVE how you can spread them out like this. When you spread them out, you can see all of your products without having to search for them or take them out of a bag. And when it’s time to go, you just cinch them back up and throw them in your suitcase or bag.
I’m telling you. GENIUS.
You can also click HERE for my travel skincare. It’s 20% OFF right now with FREE SHIPPING (the discount gets immediately applied at checkout)!
That’s it for the luggage and travel portion of today’s post (don’t forget to enter to win the luggage at the bottom), but I’ve got some other things to talk about!
A NEW MUST HAVE
Did you see yesterday’s post? I named a NEW MUST HAVE!!!
I’ve only named 15 or so MUST HAVES in 7 years of blogging, so it’s a big deal and a title that I don’t hand out easily.
Click HERE for the Colleen Rothschild cleansing balm that is 100% A MUST HAVE!
And click HERE for yesterday’s post where I tell you all the reasons I love it, and readers chime in too!
And get this..it’s on SUPER SALE right now! This JUMBO balm (a $130 value) is on special for ONLY $69 (while supplies last)!
THE PERFECT $20 GIFT
Did you see Friday’s post? This fabulous little bracelet set comes with 2 bracelets, the pretty gold ribbon, the “Silver and Gold” card, and an Accessory Concierge gift box all for ONLY $20! It’s a great present for pretty much every lady on your list!
This deal ends in 24 hours and then will be GONE FOR GOOD, so click HERE to get to the post to see all 3 bracelet set choices and get the code!
GIFT GUIDE ROUND UP
I’ve had lots of “HELP! I STILL NEED GIFT IDEAS” requests lately, so today I’m going to publish several gift guides from last year and this year (if the items are still in stock)
Christmas List For Her
I had to swipe out some items that had sold out for some new picks, but I’m loving all of the current suggestions in this collage!
I talk about most of these items a lot, but I liked the idea of putting them all in 1 spot for easy gift reference!
1) GRAPEFRUIT NEST DIFFUSER – This might seem like a summer fragrance, but I use it all year long in my home. It’s light and fresh and seriously just makes me happy. I have it in my closet, and every single time I walk in it, I enjoy the scent. I also have it in our guest bathroom, and people are always talking about how wonderful it smells! There are lots of other fragrances to choose from, but the grapefruit is my personal favorite.
2) GORJANA CIRCLE HOOP EARRINGS – These are hands down the earrings I wear the most. I’ve had them for about 4 years now, and I still wear them at least 3 times per week. They are expensive at $59, but the quality is awesome. They are large, but still dainty…and they are SUPER light. I love how they make a big impact, and they go with just about any outfit. I’ve worn them with a little black dress and heels, but I’ve also worn them with a sweatshirt and jeans.
3) BLARDIGANS – I mean….if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it
a thousand a million times….I think blardigans are THE VERY BEST GIFTS to both give and receive. I’ve recently come to the conclusion that the baby blardigan (pictured) is my favorite. These are great for every single lady on your list. Doesn’t matter if she’s 14 or 104, she will LOVE it and cuddle up in it all the time.
4) COLLEEN ROTHSCHILD CLEANSING BALM – When my skin is dry, I use this amazing cleansing balm to cleanse my face. And I’m telling you, you’ll feel like you are in a spa. Using it is like an experience. It smells amazing, and your skin will look bright, polished, and healthy! I truly don’t even mind washing my face at night. #whichisabigdeal BUT RIGHT NOW, BECAUSE OF THE STELLAR DEAL, I RECOMMEND YOU BUY THE JUMBO CLEANSING BALM INSTEAD!
I mean, last year the balm was in the collage…AND THIS YEAR IT’S A MUST HAVE!!!
If interested in more of Colleen’s products, they are all 20% OFF right now. I use the dual enzyme polish to exfoliate so all of the other products will work to their utmost potential! I’m using the Vitamin C complex to work on my dark spots and the the eye cream has definitely made a difference on the thin lines around my eyes. And fyi, my mom recently tried their new Retinol Supreme Night Oil . She called me in the morning (after only using it one night), and she swore that her skin looked better and smoother after just 1 use! Now THAT’S impressive results!
I mean, what’s better than giving the gift (or receiving the gift) of beautiful skin?!?
5) BLISS UNDIES – I promise you, these undies are the bomb. Now, I wouldn’t give underwear to just any lady on my list…but if you already have and love these undies like I do, you should totally consider gifting them to your mom, your sister, your bestie, etc. SHARE THE LOVE! And if you haven’t tried them yet, put them on your list RIGHT NOW. If you try these undies, you will fall in love…..and then you will want to replace your entire underwear drawer with either them or the Soma vanishing line undies I fell in love with this year.
6) FREE PEOPLE COWL NECK PULLOVER – I own this top in grey, in wine, and in oatmeal. It’s one of my favorite shirts of all times. I wear the x-small/small. It’s very roomy, so it’s actually easy to estimate a size and buy it for a loved one.
7) “DIAMOND” STUDS – So sparkly people will assume they are real.
8) NEW WEDGE UGG Booties – UGG went and fancied up their signature boot, and I’m not mad about it. They are everything we know and love about UGGs, but now they are better. They are prettier and more feminine because they are MUCH slimmer. And if you are like me, you want everything on your body to look as skinny as possible. AND THAT INCLUDES YOUR FEET! The slim profile UGGs I bought a couple of years ago are no longer available, so this bootie is an excellent choice.
9) L’OCCITANE BUBBLE BATH – Okay, so this is lavendar foaming bath. I know what you’re thinking. $39 FOR BUBBLE BATH? It’s shocking. But it’s lovely and luxurious and fabulous. The scent will truly transport you and the bubbles are better than any other bubbles I’ve ever experienced. If your mom or sister is a bath person, TREAT HER TO THIS. I got a bottle 2 years ago at a conference, and I continue to purchase it, even though it’s expensive. I’m not typically a bath person, but when I do take one, I always use this. I love everything about the experience, including my baby soft skin afterwards.
I wanted to read what others had to say about it in the online reviews, and I now want to be friends with the reviewer Kate88Kate. Here’s what she had to say: So make sure your mortgage is manageable and you’ve got a good financial strategy because once you go down the L’Occitane road it’s a one -way trip. KATE! Let’s be besties! Click HERE for all L’Occitane products if you want to check out all they have to offer.
10) DIORSHOW PLUMPING EYELASH PRIMER – I received this as a sample about a year ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since. You apply it to your eyelashes before your mascara, and it lengthens your natural lashes. It keeps lashes separated, prevents clumping, and truly does help your lashes appear longer. I wear it every day now, and can really tell a huge difference if I forget to apply it. (And y’all know I started using THIS PRODUCT on the recommendation of my sister. It’s definitely made my lashes a bit longer, but I haven’t had the amazing results that she and some of y’all have had. I guess I need to be more consistent about using it! Also, click HERE and scroll down the post a bit to see her CRAZY LONG lashes.)
11) URBAN DECAY EYESHADOW PALETTES – First of all, it’s not just me who loves Urban Decay palettes….America loves them. If you click over to see the choices, one of them has 4,706 5 star reviews! #thatsimpressive There’s a good mixture of matte, satin, shimmer, and sparkle shadows in the palettes…and they all mix very nicely together. And the brush that comes with these sets is awesome!
12) PERSONALIZED MAKE-UP BAG – I love the sentiment behind a personalized gift. The person receiving the gift knows that you took the extra time (and spent the extra money!) to make their gift special, and they always appreciate it. Barrington make-up bags are an economical way to give a really nice personalized gift. I mean, if you can afford it, go ahead and spring for one of their totes too!!! But if a tote is out of your budget, a make-up bag is still a very thoughtful gift that you will be proud to give. And laptop cases and sunglasses cases are great too!
Use the code STMTSAVE10 for 10% OFF your Barrington purchase.
13) BRACELET – I own this bracelet in both the turquoise and the platinum gold/drusy combination. I pretty much wear one of them almost every day. The turquoise lends a bright pop of color to outfits, and the platinum/drusy combo is just so dang sparkly and pretty!
Christmas List For Him
I haven’t gotten around to making a new men’s gift guide this year, so I’m going to republish this one from the past. In addition to the items here, I also recommend this cool little gadget from Amazon if you have a hubby that loves to grill.
These are the items that my guy LOVES and are HIS must haves. Some of these items he’s had for years, and he still loves them and uses them just as much as he did when he first received them. He’s owned everything in the collage for at least 2 years. This isn’t just some random gift guide of items I think would be good for guys, these have all met Chris’s seal of approval…and that’s not an easy seal to get.
He syncs the Bose speaker with his phone or any smart device (via bluetooth connection) and plays music EVERYWHERE: the neighbors, the pool, the ranch, tail gating, EVERYWHERE. He’s owned it for 4 years, and it’s still going strong. The range is about 30 feet with no obstructions, battery life is 6-8 hours, and the sound quality is awesome! So many readers have purchased it for their husbands, sons, boyfriends, and/or dads over the years, and everybody says they were gift giving heroes! His specific one in the flat lay is sold out, but the one linked has excellent reviews.
I gave Chris e tip gloves 2 years ago. They allow him to use his i phone while keeping his gloves on. He loves them. He’s been wearing Under Armour tees for a couple of years now, and he really likes the fit. They’re soft, not too loose or tight, and they wash great. He also loves their shorts. His slippers are slip on, cozy, and ON SALE for $29.90!!!! WOW!
AMAZON GIFT GUIDE
This gift guide was a big hit with y’all!
It only includes items THAT I PERSONALLY OWN AND LOVE. Because of this, I have the utmost confidence that these are items that will make FABULOUS gifts. They are tried (by me!) and true, and I would be excited to give any of these suggestions to loved ones on my own list.
Let’s get started!
AMAZON ITEMS I PERSONALLY OWN THAT MAKE EXCELLENT GIFTS
1. Bath Robe – The robe is cute, and soft, and plush, and warm, and darling. I’m so happy to have it for myself, but it’s also going to make a FANTASTIC Christmas gift at just $25! It comes in 15 colors, but I love the blush polka dots and the grey with stars the most. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. It would be SO CUTE to give a loved one a gift set with a microfiber hair towel, the robe, and these slippers. Click HERE to see me in the robe.
2. Leopard Sweater – It’s only $24.50, and it’s very soft and super versatile. It’s a classic! Click HERE to see it styled ON ME with black jeans and gold buckle mules. Click HERE to see it styled on me with the best black work pants ever. Click HERE to see it styled on me with cropped jeans and wedges. See? Versatile! It looks great on it’s own, but it would also look great under a blazer. It’s fitted, so I sized up to a medium. This sweater has EXCELLENT reviews and comes in tons of colors and patterns if the leopard isn’t for you.
3. Diffuser – I’ve got one of these upstairs and one downstairs, and it’s excellent. If you don’t believe me, trust one of the other 35,000 reviews! Give this by itself or with some of your favorite oils.
4. Revlon Dryer and Styling Brush – LIFE. CHANGING. Y’all, I have the $400 Dyson dryer, and I’ve only used it a handful of times since buying this brush for myself this summer. If you already have it and are as obsessed as I am, share the love by gifting it! Click HERE to see the post where I originally talked about it. It makes my hair soft, shiny, and oh so smooth.
5. Beige Leopard Cardigan – This leopard cardigan is fabulous (mine is “A-Beige”). It’s soft, it’s a great length for both jeans and leggings, and it would also look great with a nice pair of slacks. It’s perfectly oversized and a cardigan that I think just about everybody would reach for again and again. I’m wearing a small.
If you need further convincing, go check out the excellent reviews. Many of the reviewers left pics of themselves in the cardi too. Click HERE to see me in it.
6. Denim Jacket – Y’all know I think a great denim jacket is necessary for every closet. And this is a great and much less expensive option than the must have jacket I’ve talked about for years. It has a good amount of stretch so it doesn’t feel boxy or stiff, it comes in 3 great washes, and it’s a more generous fit and has a bit more length than the must have denim jacket which I know many of you have been asking for!!! It’s really good. And it’s ONLY $39. I’m wearing the “medium wash”, but there’s also a light and a dark wash. For size reference, I’m wearing the medium, although I think a small would have been fine for just a closer fit. Click HERE to see me in it.
7. Sheets – These sheets are truly amazing and an incredible value! They are soft, they are crisp, they are cool, and they have over 60,000 5 star reviews! Everybody loves these sheets. If you have guests coming to your home this month or next, have the guest bed made up with these sheets.
8. Tassel Necklace – This adorable tassel necklace is under $12 and it now comes in several new colors! The Amazonite beads are so pretty, and y’all know I love a tassel. Click HERE to see me in it. This would make a great stocking stuffer.
9. Pajamas – These pajamas are so comfy and so darling. Click HERE to see me in them. I love them and have been wearing them at least once a week for months and months. I’ve washed them at least 25 times since getting them last December, and they seriously still look awesome! I actually have the navy stripes, but now they come in some new patterns…like a red buffalo check, leopard, and pink with white polka dots.
10. Wine Colored Leggings– I own the wine color (officially called “burgundy”), but there are several color options and they are all under $20. They are high waisted, suck you in, still allow you to breathe, and are very flattering. Click HERE to see me in them with a black tunic and mesh sneakers, with a fleece pullover, with a grey sweatshirt, and a blush fleece top. I also love these deep grey camo leggings , and you can click HERE to see me in them with an awesome modal fleece high low sweatshirt .
11. 360 Degree Makeup Organizer – I bought this to organize my beauty products for my Sephora Haul post, and I immediately fell in love. IT SPINS, Y’ALL. I’m so impressed with the look and the functionality of this organizer and think it could help out soooooo many bathroom counters. The shelves are adjustable and you can make them whatever height you need to accommodate your specific products. I also grabbed this tower one and love it as well. Click over HERE if you want to see mine in action.
12. Lay N Go Bags – I recently bought these for my girl’s trip to Boston, and now I’m OBSESSED. Click HERE to see them in action on my trip. They come in a pack of two. I use one bag for my makeup products and one for my skincare products and other toiletries. These little drawstring bags are freaking genius. They cinch up very easily, hold a lot, are easy to throw in the wash, and I absolutely LOVE how you can spread them out. When you spread them out, you can see all of your products without having to search for them or take them out of a bag. And when it’s time to go, you just cinch them back up and throw them in your suitcase or bag. I’m telling you. GENIUS. And speaking of genius, my packing cubes definitely should have made the list too. Click HERE to see them in action. If you have a traveler on your list, get them both items. They will love you forever.
13. Slip On Mesh Sneakers – These slip on mesh sneakers are freaking fantastic, and gifting them is an EXCELLENT IDEA. But you also need to get them for yourself FOR SURE. Click HERE to see when I first talked about them back in August. Click HERE to see them styled in several different outfits with joggers, leggings, and jeans. I’m telling you, I wear them constantly. Mine are the “apricot”, and I think they are a nice neutral taupe with maybe a hint of blush. I’m typically a 6-6/12, and the 6s were good for me in these, so I would suggest sizing down a 1/2. These sneakers are like no other sneakers I’ve ever had. They almost feel like a thick and tight sock when wearing them, but they are obviously shoes because of the soles and the tread on the bottom. One reader said she “wore them all over Europe with no pain” and another said that she “pops them in the washing machine and they come out perfectly“. Another said that she wears them without socks “but they never get stinky like her Converse“. All really good information, right?
They come in TONS of colors and go on easily with just a little tug on the tabs in the back.
They have THOUSANDS of 5 Star Reviews, and the price point is $29.99. INCREDIBLE.
Here’s another reader comment I received just this week:
Sheaffer, I have to tell you – I ordered the mesh sneakers you recommended right after I read this post. This weekend my hubby and I did a 3 day getaway to Kyoto (we live in Japan!) and I wore these shoes the entire time. I didn’t even pack another pair. They were SO comfy and needed no break-in period. I walked 20k+ steps per day and never once did my feet hurt. I’m ordering more pairs ASAP! – Rachel
14. Pave Huggie Earrings– These earrings are so sparkly and under $15. If you aren’t familiar with huggie earrings, the post gets covered by the hoop, so they are great for sleeping, talking on the phone, etc. No pokey posts to deal with!
15. Navy Star Hoodie – First off, it’s ONLY $18! It’s soft and cute, two requirements I have for my hoodies. There’s not really any give, so I would suggest sizing up 1, and maybe even 2 depending on how slouchy you want it. I was totally drawn to the stars, but it comes in lots of solids, a stripe, a camo, and another star color combination. Click HERE to see me in it with both joggers and jeans.
And although this Puffer Jacket didn’t make the list, it should have. It’s warm, it’s water resistant, the pockets are deep, and it covers my bum! The quality is awesome, and the price is INCREDIBLE!!! This jacket also comes in grey and navy. I got a medium, but if I didn’t need room in the chest, I probably could have stuck with a small. Click HERE to see me in it in a styled shoot around town. Click HERE to see me in it on my girl’s trip to Boston!
ACADEMY GIFT GUIDE FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Academy has SO MANY great things for the entire family. The portable rocking chair is our favorite and makes a really great gift!
- men’s hoodie / 2. sports wagon / 3. men’s slippers / 4. Under Armour 3 pack of socks / 5. fleece blanket / 6. portable rocking chair/ 7. portable waterproof speaker/ 8. football/ 9. football gloves / 10. men’s fleece / 11. women’s fleece jacket / 12. Yeti tumbler / 13. Yeti cooler / 14. Cornhole set
NOW IT’S TIME TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
THAT’S IT FOR TODAY!
BUT MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK TOMORROW TOO. We’ve got some great new content, a new awesome giveaway, and today’s winner will be announced!
Now, don’t forget to enter the Rafflecopter. Good Luck Everybody!!! To make all the entries easy for you, here are some links for you:
* Follow me on Facebook HERE. And if you want to make sure you never miss a post, click “see first” in your news feed. My facebook posts are only seen by around 10% of my followers on average, and I do tons of SALE ALERTS over on facebook that never even make it to the blog, because they sell out! Follow Shay on facebook HERE.
* Hop over HERE to follow me by e-mail. (It takes under 5 seconds to sign up, and you will get blog posts to your e-mail inbox!) Follow Shay by e-mail by finding her “subscribe to e-mail” box on her right sidebar.