At the beginning of 2021, I decided that at the beginning of each new month, I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. Today it’s time for June’s recap!
These recaps won’t necessarily always follow the same formula, but they’ll always be fun! I’ll just let the items and posts from the previous month dictate what the recap post will look like. For January, I recapped the Top 5 READER picks. For February, I talked about my 10 personal favorites from the month. In March, I highlighted my 12 personal favorites for the month. In April I talked about the top 12 READER favorites. In May, I shared y’alls Top 10 favorites.
This month I’m highlighting the 12 items that I personally got most excited about last month. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that most of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and several under $40!
So, what were my favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) cover up tunic / 2) Unseen Sunscreen / 3) Nylon pouches / 4) paracord earrings / 5) black work out shorts / 6) green work out shirt / 7) navy striped dolman sleeve dress / 8) striped henley top / 9) cordless hair curler / 10) beach cheek palette / 11) colorful crochet tote bag / 12) swimsuit cover up
1) cover up tunic / I’m wearing the “midnight” (it comes in a black and white stripe too), and I love the nautical vibes of the vibrant blue and bright white stripes. It’s super soft and lightweight, and I happen to love the short fit. However, if you’re tall, this might not be the cover up for you. I’m 5’4″ (with long legs for my height, but no torso) and you can see that it’s quite short on me. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
Now, if you’re too tall to wear it as a cover up, consider pairing it as a tunic with denim shorts or white jeans!
2) Unseen Sunscreen / Let’s talk about the Unseen Sunscreen BECAUSE IT’S FREAKING AWESOME. For outdoor days, I’ve recently started doubling up with the Glow Screen (I use it as a glowy tinted moisturizer) and then the Unseen Sunscreen on top. The directions for the Unseen Sunscreen are to use it as a makeup primer. However, I use it differently. I apply the Glow Screen in the morning, just as I would if I was just applying makeup for the day (but with the added SPF 40 benefit). Then, I use the Unseen Sunscreen throughout the day to reapply additional coverage as needed. This stuff is incredible. It’s velvety in texture and it totally just glides on your skin, even over your makeup.
My skin absorbs the Unseen Sunscreen very quickly (like IMMEDIATELY!) and there is NO TRACE of it. It’s not oily or greasy, it gives a matte finish, and it doesn’t leave any white residue behind either. Also, from reading reviews, it seems it’s awesome for people with super sensitive skin. I’m telling you, the product is absolutely incredible.
3) Nylon pouches / Check out these cute bags! They come in a set of 3, and they are so useful! They lay nice and flat which makes them great for travel, but they also have an expandable bottom so you know you can fit all the things. I found that the small one was the perfect size for my phone and some cash. I used the other two to hold all of my sunscreen products, an extra pair of sunglasses, and even a water bottle.
Besides being super functional they are also super cute. I fell in love with this striped set, but they also come in varying solids and a leopard set as well.
4) paracord earrings / The paracord earrings from Kendra’s newest collection are so vibrant and fun! I’m wearing the gold coral mix here, but they come in several color combos. There are earrings, bracelets, and necklaces in the collection and they all scream “SUMMER!”
Click HERE to browse the new collection for yourself!
5 and 6 ) work out shorts and work out shirt / I’ve showed this tee in other colors before (I have black and blue and love them), and I couldn’t resist the green when it was added to the site. I don’t like wearing form fitting work out clothes, so the relaxed cut of this tee is perfect for me. I’m wearing a medium.
These work out shorts are fantastic. The wide and stretchy waist band is amazing. SO COMFY and flattering as well. Tons of real runners reviewed them on the site, and the reviews are near perfect. We all know that I don’t run, but I do work out (on occasion! ha!), and these are perfect to go from working out to running around town. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Listen, you have to have the black, but they come in 10 colors!
7) navy striped dolman sleeve dress / I. LOVE. THIS. DRESS. It also comes in a solid light grey and a neutral zebra, but no surprise here, I was drawn to the blue and white stripes. It’s a cotton jersey with a relaxed fit, and I really love the drawstring waist and the pockets. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
OH SHOOT! I just saw this striped version is out of stock, but there’s another link with several other options HERE.
If I was giving out awards for THE MOST WORN ITEM in my closet for the month of June, this little set would win hands down. I’m wearing a small in the henley and in the shorts. I typically size up in lounge sets like this, but it’s oversized, so my regular size is perfect and still a relaxed fit with some extra room.
Click HERE for the post where I highlight Cassie’s entire collection.
I loved my coral striped pjs so much that I bought the neutral version too. It just made good sense. Now the coral ones can get a break. Haha!
Use the code SHEAFFER15 for 15% OFF for these and the rest of Cassie’s collection.
Okay, so it’s very easy to use. My hair has never once gotten tangled, it doesn’t take much time, and I absolutely love the curls it gives. You can change the temperature for your curl preference: use a higher temp for a tighter curl and a lower temp for a more relaxed curl. You also change the rotation of the curl depending on what side of your head you are working on (you want the curl to go away from your face). I’ve used this probably 15x times now, and I get a little better and a little faster each time I use it. I’ve found that I don’t actually leave it in that long before releasing each strand, and I like the softer curls it gives when doing that. It’s a more tousled look vs. a ringlet look.
You charge it with a USB cable, so it’s cordless when you are using it. I was running behind the other night when heading to dinner, so I threw it in the car and curled my hair on the way to dinner. SERIOUSLY. If you want to see it in action, I have it saved to a highlight reel on instastories! The one complaint I have is that I wish it held a charge for longer.
Also of importance, please pay attention to my rattan and beaded earrings. They are adorable.
10) beach cheek palette / I love this palette, and I know I’m not even using it to it’s full potential as far as the highlighting and contouring capabilities go. Right now, I’m using the top row on my eyes and the bottom row on my cheeks. I’m playing with the colors, mixing them up a bit, and just having fun with all of the beautiful sunkissed colors.
And listen, I know it’s not flashy or exciting, but I totally should have included this detangler brush in my June favorites round up. It’s new to me, and it’s FANTASTIC. I leave it in the shower and brush out my hair and wring it out a couple of times before I even step out of the shower. It glides effortless through my wet hair. If you have a little girl, I would think you straight up NEED this brush.
Here’s another look at it…
It will up the cute factor of all your summer outfits.
12) swimsuit cover up / If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you might remember this cover up from last year in black. I thought the black was great, I wore it all summer long, so this year I knew I wanted to add a new color. I chose this bright “watermelon red”. It’s one size fits all, and I never understand how that works, but I’ve seen it on a variety of body types and it looks great on everybody.
And please notice the accessories….
These sunglasses are from Amazon and I absolutely adore them. They look SUPER SIMILAR to the famous $250 Karen Walker sunglasses. However, these babies are only $12.99 for 1 pair, or you can get a 2 pack with this tortoise pair and a black pair for ONLY $19.99. WOW. I have both, so I recommend getting the 2 pack for sure.
The disc hoop earrings come in a 4 pack for just $13.99! Mine are “style A” and came with this white pair, a turquoise pair, a pink pair, and a multicolor pair. They are big, but super lightweight, and they are PERFECT for the pool and beach. I’ll also be wearing them with casual summer outfits as well.
Seriously. Why am I not on a beach RIGHT NOW.
Let’s talk about this bracelet set. It’s made out of recycled flip flops!!! Isn’t that so fun? And the set is under $13! Here’s what the site has to say about them. SO COOL!
Most of May’s list is still available if you are interested in anything you see. Click HERE for the entire post. The luggage is STILL ON SALE, but the stock is limited now.
1) luggage (white 28 inch) / 2) sunshine and tacos graphic tee / 3) beaudreaux bracelet / 4) bronzing drops / 5) pink eyelet top / 6) maxi dress / 7) french stripe black maxi / 8) bra / 9) drawstring shorts / 10) kimono (A278 Green) /
All of these items have me all sorts of ready for summer! Click HERE for the entire post.
1) travel bluetooth speaker / 2) swimsuit / 3) smocked tie shoulder top / 4) bra / 5) flip flops / 6) always stay humble and kind tee / 7) LOVE bracelets / 8) glow screen / 9) cover up ( pat3 – light blue ) / 10) muscle tank / 11) striped tote / 12) denim shorts / 13) lip oil (dragon fruit) /
Click HERE for the April favorites collage.
1) bracelet stack / 2) Always Pan /3) straw tote / 4) orange floral swimsuit / 5) washed black denim shorts / 6) Lake Life tee / 7) MUST HAVE leggings / 8) Zella Long sleeve tee / 9) straight legged cropped jeans / 10) puff sleeve sweatshirt / 11) neutral patent sandals / 12) frayed step hem jeans /
And if you missed this post the first time around, you need to click HERE to see all of the lovely coral items I rounded up!
1) ruffle coral swimsuit / 2) coral bohemian earrings / 3) clutch / 4) chiffon midi dress / 5) gold huggies of varying sizes / 6) lip gloss / 7) flip flops / 8) gold heart necklace / 9) cover up / 10) coral earrings / 11) Bobbi Brown shimmer brick / 12) kimono / 13) hipster undies / 14) gold wedges / 15) pajamas / 16) sleeveless top / 17) halter swimsuit / 18) flutter sleeve dress / 19) plunge 1 piece swimsuit / 20) tiered dress
That’s it, y’all! Have a great Monday!