Ambassadors….it’s YOUR TURN!!! You can NOW SHOP THE SALE! It’s your time to shine! It’s the day for you to throw caution to the wind and throw some cardigans, jeans, and booties into your cart. Fall better watch out, because we are going to be ready with all of our super cute clothes as soon as the temperature dips. WE’RE GONNA BE WAITING. This is going to be fun.
Grab a Dr. Pepper (or a coffee if you’re a real adult) and a breakfast taco and LET’S GET BUSY.
Here’s what’s happening today.
I’m going to only be showing you THE BEST OF THE BEST. #tipofthetop #creamofthecrop
THE STUFF IS GOOD, Y’ALL.
And although the post is long, please know that I tried on a ton of stuff that I’m not even showing you today. If I tried it on and didn’t love it, I took it right off and didn’t even take a picture. Also, did you see yesterday that I revised my picks I made before the sale went live? Some of the things that I thought I was going to love, I didn’t. Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the post to see that updated collage.
Here’s a little peek at what you are going to see today…GET EXCITED…
I want to start by saying the shoes in the sale are wayyyyyyyyy better than I was expecting. Typically, I get most excited about seeing the shoes, but this year I was just kind of like “eh” when I saw them all online.
WELL. I STAND CORRECTED.
The shoes are awesome again this year.
I personally don’t need a lot of new shoes this year, but I did get a pair of heeled booties, a pair of mules, and some sneakers. I’m also getting a pair of flat booties (haven’t decided which ones yet), and might possibly get a pair of tall boots I fell in love with (even though I don’t need them).
Time for a shoe parade!
I’m really hoping that these Steve Madden block heel booties are stocked very deeply, because I’m quite certain they are going to be one of the most popular items of the sale. I picked the “tan suede” (it’s a perfect neutral), but they also come in grey suede and a natural snake print. I love the pointy toe, the block heel, and the deep cut out (so flattering). And y’all know I wouldn’t get them if they weren’t comfy!!!
They also have a zipper up the back to make putting them on and taking them off so easy. I’m imagining that popular sizes are going to start selling out today and tomorrow.
True to size for me.
This pointed toe mule is possibly my biggest surprise of the sale. I saw them online and wasn’t interested at all. I thought the chain was too big and too shiny, and I just didn’t like them.
And then I saw them in person.
They are DARLING. I mean, SERIOUSLY DARLING.
I got my regular size, but I would size up a 1/2 if between sizes.
I have this side view here because you get a better look at the colored thread running through them. They are called “navy multi”, but I think of them more as a black mule with colors running through them (including navy). I cannot wait to wear them with jeans and basic sweaters. Talk about elevating an outfit! (Sidenote, you aren’t going to see them in any of my outfits today because the sweaters I want to pair them with weren’t at my store. However, I will style them for you hopefully as soon as Friday.)
They also come in olive, but here are the other colors. The black, neutral, and cognac are all perfection and the pink is FABULOUS. All of the colors are fabulous actually. I predict these are going to be another super hot item that will fly off the shelves.
I have a couple of pairs of tall boots in my closet already, so I don’t NEED another pair. But my goodness, I sure do love these over the knee boots. They are very comfy, they have a padded foot bed, and they have a zipper on the side that makes putting them on and pulling them off super easy. There were actually a couple of other boots I tried on, but they didn’t have the side zippers and they were soooo hard to get on. That’s a no from me, dog. Today you’ll see them styled with a dress, and Friday you’ll see them styled with skinny jeans. They are a great looking boot AND they are waterproof!
I would suggest sizing up a 1/2.
There are a TON of sneakers in the sale, but my heart belongs to these rose gold sneakers. Y’all know I own several pair of these Edge Lux sneakers and think they are awesome. I just couldn’t say no to these that look like rose gold to me. They are suuuuuuuuuuuuuper comfy and look great!
True to size for me.
So, I went to the mall thinking I was going to grab these knit booties, and I still might. However, since they weren’t in stock at my store, I tried these buckle booties instead. I like them a lot, I just want to try on the knit booties before I make my decision!
The buckle booties are true to size for me.
So these Tory Burch sneakers weren’t on my radar at all. You might remember that I actually had these fashion sneakers on my collage on Monday, but I tried them on in store and they were way too wide and chunky looking on my feet. These are much more feminine and I love how neutral they are. And yes, they are very comfortable.
I would recommend sizing up a 1/2.
THE BEST THROW EVER
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times….this blanket is one of THE BEST VALUES OF THE ENTIRE SALE.
IT’S ON SALE for ONLY $24.90 y’all, it’s soft as all get out, it looks pretty (I love the fringe!), and it launders great. Buy SEVERAL for your own home (just to keep your family from fighting over it), and then buy them as gifts too. THIS BLANKET IS AMAZING. PRO TIP: For some reason, 2 colors on the link aren’t showing up as the sale price, so make sure you click around to find the ones that are actually reduced to $24.90!
Throw one over the back of your couch, throw one on the foot of your bed, and pile them up in a great basket. You’re going to want to have plenty on hand or your family will fight over them. I’m not even kidding.
Click HERE for the throw. It makes a FANTASTIC Christmas present for anybody on your list. Seriously, ANYBODY and EVERYBODY. It’s also a great graduation present. STOCK UP ON THESE BABIES.
Oh, and they launder perfectly and don’t lose any of their softness.
I asked people on Facebook how many they had purchased, and several people had purchased over 8. There were even a couple of ladies that had purchased 18 over the years for themselves and gifts! It also comes in an oversized throw HERE.
The baby blardigan is the shortest of all the blardigans, it has a rounded hem, and it has pockets. I wear it both in and out of the house and it seriously still brings a smile to my face each time I put it on even though I’ve been putting one on for like 7 years now. When I’m wearing it, I’m living my best life. The x-small/small is the size I prefer, but the next size up is a more relaxed fit with some extra length as well (which others prefer). The arms are fitted, which is what allows it to be worn out of the house (and not just look like lounge wear), so consider sizing up if you prefer extra room in your arms.
Click HERE for the baby blardigan. If you’re new here, I named it a blardigan many moons ago because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. It’s seriously the most cozy thing you will ever put on your body. And it makes an EXCELLENT gift for mothers, mother in laws, sisters, sister in laws, grandmas, best friends, and/or anybody that’s going through a hard time. I say it’s like gifting a hug.
I’m wearing a Queen graphic tee under it (in a small), and you can click HERE for all graphic tees in the anniversary sale.
Queen graphic tee / baby blardigan / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch sneakers
Click HERE to check out all of the different Barefoot Dreams options in the sale. There are soooo many different styles of blardigans, robes, pajamas, blankets, socks, etc. Everybody needs something from Barefoot Dreams in their life. TREAT YO’SELF.
These are the 3 pieces I’m wearing in almost every single outfit in today’s post. I think they are all beautiful and classic pieces. Look for them in all of the outfits!
The palm coin pendant necklace is great on it’s own and for layering. It’s just so feminine and pretty!
The hoop earrings are actually one of my favorite finds! So lightweight, totally simple, and the post doesn’t stick out the back!
The opal dot chain necklace is so dainty and a perfect layering piece.
palm coin pendant necklace / hoop earrings / opal dot chain necklace
I can’t talk about jewelry without mentioning this earring set. I bought the set a couple of years ago and was blown away by how pretty and sparkly these studs are! And they come in this nice box, which makes the set perfect for gifting. I’m telling you, people will think you are wearing real diamond studs. They are seriously gorgeous and sooo sparkly (the picture doesn’t even come close to doing them justice). They are big enough to be seen, but small enough for people to think they just might be real. Haha!
PLUS SIZE OPTIONS
Before we get started on today’s post, I want to point out that tons of the pieces I’m wearing today come in plus size options! If there is a plus size option, I will link that option in the links found directly above the picture. Yay for size inclusivity!
SHIRTS AND SWEATERS
SEVERAL of the sweaters I was looking forward to trying on weren’t at my store, so I ordered a handful of them and hope to show them later this week or next week. But never fear, I have plenty of great options to show you today!
This chunky sweater is one of the pieces that comes in plus size too! I’m wearing the “autumn gold” in this picture and think it reads much more mustard in real life (and less sunshine yellow like it appears in this picture). It’s an awesome sweater. It has really great texture to it, and I love the banded neck, hem, and cuffs. It’s got a perfectly boxy fit and comes in several colors. I love the “cool fog” too and and will show it with black denim on Friday’s post. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
sweater (plus size sweater) / Kendra Scott colorful layered necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch sneakers
I love the raw hem slim jeans jeans too. See picture above for a good look at them, but look how cute the hem is with the little split and subtle fray. And aren’t the Tory Burch sneakers a great look? Remember to size up a 1/2.
raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch sneakers
First of all, let’s talk about the fact that the Caslon basic scoop neck tee is ONLY $12.90 right now. WHOAH. You will see it throughout today’s post under all the cardigans and jackets. It comes in several colors and it also comes in plus size!
This cardigan is what cardigan dreams are made of. It’s super soft, has some extra style with the side slits and big front pockets, and it’s the perfect layering piece. It comes in 5 additional colors, including a really pretty rust. Size way down. I’m wearing the XXS, and I am never an XXS. It also comes in plus size.
white tee (plus size white tee) / cardigan (plus size cardigan) / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ straight leg cuffed jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
They didn’t have the rust in my store, but here are the other colors. It’s just a really awesome basic.
white tee (plus size white tee) / cardigan (plus size cardigan) / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ straight leg cuffed jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
Okay, this bobble cardigan really surprised me (and it comes in plus size too)! I loved the color, but I almost didn’t even try it on because I thought the sleeves were going to be too voluminous. I’m so happy I tried it on, because I love it! The sleeves are dramatic without being over the top, and I love the overall fit. Now, the knit is definitely a sturdy knit, so don’t expect it to be crazy soft…but it’s not itchy or anything. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
The black raw hem skinny jeans are sooooo stretchy and comfy, and they also come in plus size. More on the jeans later. For size reference, I’m wearing a 4P. I can wear the 4P with booties and tall boots, but they are too short for flats or mules.
white tee (plus size white tee) / bobble cardigan (plus size cardigan)/ hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ black raw hem skinny jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
Y’all. Who even am I. I cannot believe I took this to my dressing room, but I’m so happy that I did! This top is precious…but not too precious. It’s got a great fit, and the collar and the pearls definitely make it special. I think it looks great with jeans, but it will also look great paired with slacks or a pencil skirt for the office. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
pearl collar sweater / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ black raw hem skinny jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
Madewell has been doing a color block cardigan for years, and this is definitely my favorite one they have ever done. It’s a perfect combination of neutrals with cream, taupe, camel, and grey. This is going to get a lot of wear, and I’m so happy I grabbed the last one in my size at the store.
For size reference, I’m wearing the x-small.
white tee (plus size white tee) / color block cardigan (plus size cardigan) / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ straight leg cuffed jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
This pin stripe button up shirt was another surprise for me. I mean, it’s “just a button up”, but it’s incredibly cute. The subtle pin stripes are great, and I love the relaxed fit. When styling it, I like to pop the collar, unbutton the top two buttons, and casually roll up the sleeves.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It’s oversized, but I always wear a medium in button ups. It also comes in plus size.
And check out just how fabulous the Tory Burch tote is. It’s big, but not too big, and it’s perfectly neutral.
pin stripe button up shirt (plus size shirt) / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch tote / Steve Madden booties
I also love this sleeveless turtleneck sweater. I tried it on at my store, but I want to style it with a long sleeve white tee, so I ordered this fitted layering tee (ONLY $16.90!) and will hopefully show you a styled outfit on Friday’s post. I think it’s a totally classic look and reminds me very much of Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy.
There’s a v neck sweater dress in the sale that I was hoping to try, but they didn’t have it at my store. I did order it though because it’s a much more relaxed fit, so I hope to show it soon.
In the meantime I’ve got this turtleneck sweater dress for you! There’s a ribbed turtleneck and ribbed sleeves (which creates a subtle balloon sleeve). It’s soft, but there is some wool in it, so if you are super sensitive to that you might want to pass. Also, the turtleneck isn’t super loose, so if you are super sensitive to turtlenecks you might want to pass as well.
The wool and the turtleneck didn’t bother me, so I grabbed this dress! I didn’t want it to be super fitted, so I got the medium so it would skim my curves instead of hug them. I just saw that it also comes in plus size! I love it styled with the over the knee boots. I think it’s a totally chic look.
turtleneck sweater dress ( plus size dress ) / hoop earrings / over the knee boots
I’ll be showing y’all this dress (in both colors) on Friday, and I also ordered both colors of this dress!
WORK OUT GEAR
GIRLS! The MUST HAVE leggings are in the sale and they come in plus size too! I first named these a must have back in November, and you heard me talk about them pretty much daily for several months. I own this color (called black, but more of a really dark charcoal grey), a pink, a vibrant blue, and a soft green. And no, I’m not ashamed. I wear them all the time, so it just makes good sense. #practical
They have a super soft high waisted waistband, and they have the look of a jogger, but the fit of a legging. And excuse me, but they have pockets. WooHoo!
I. LOVE. THEM.
They don’t have as much compression as regular Zella live in leggings, so I think they are more comfortable. I wore these for weeks straight during the fall and winter while lounging at home and running errands around town.
If you haven’t tried them, PLEASE TRY THEM. At just UNDER $40, it’s a no brainer. If you don’t like them, just send them right on back. But you won’t have to worry about that, because you’ll love them.
For size reference, I wear a small in the leggings.
hooded sweatshirt / hoop earrings / MUST HAVE leggings (plus size leggings) / rose gold sneakers
The hooded sweatshirt is comfy, slouchy (without being sloppy), and really warm! It’s got a hood and a kangaroo pocket. I got a medium for the bit of extra length (since I’m styling with leggings). The arms a little long with the medium, but I’ll just cuff them. I got the blue veil for myself. And get this, the sweatshirt is just under $30.
And please notice the rose gold sneakers. Because OMG they’re cute.
hooded sweatshirt / hoop earrings / MUST HAVE leggings (plus size leggings) / rose gold sneakers
Okay, y’all. Listen up! This is another item that I predict is going to sell out quickly. It’s SO GOOD.
They didn’t have the Treasure and Bond leather jacket I had my eye on at my store, but they did have this this leather jacket. I love the moto styling AND it has a removable hood. Actually, the entire inner cloth portion can be removed with the hood. So we’re talking 2 looks for 1 with this jacket! A more casual look with the lining and the hood (and warmer), or a dressier look without the lining. SERIOUSLY SO GOOD.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small here, but I think the medium would be better on me. I’m pretty broad across my chest and shoulders, so I most often need a medium in jackets like this. And I’m so happy to say this comes in plus size too!
white tee (plus size white tee) / leather jacket (plus size leather jacket) / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Steve Madden booties
WELL. This mixed media fleece jacket is crazy warm and super adorable. I liked it online, but when I saw it in person, I realized the zipper is a cute contrasting Kelly green! It’s lined with a t-shirt material, so it’s very soft on the inside. This jacket is great with jeans, but it will also be great with athleisure. When zipped, the collar stands up on it’s own (which I love). You gotta love a stand up collar.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
white tee (plus size white tee) / mixed media fleece jacket / beaded stretch bracelets / chain bracelet/ raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch sneakers
I’ve got another DARLING jacket for you. I don’t normally describe North Face jackets as darling, but trust me…this North Face jacket is in fact DARLING. The blue is so vibrant and the blue on blue color blocking is a lot of fun! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. And$104.90 is a great price point for North Face.
If you would prefer a basic black North Face jacket, click HERE.
white tee (plus size white tee) / North Face jacket / raw hem slim jeans (Wit and Wisdom plus size jean options) / Tory Burch sneakers
This houndstooth jacket is a classic check made modern with the asymmetrical zip and moto styling. It’s soft with a little bit of stretch. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, fix that now! There are 3 different pairs of Wit and Wisdom boot cut jeans in the sale, and this is the darkest wash. The dark wash can be dressed up super easily. They come in plus size too.
white tee (plus size white tee) / houndstooth jacket / hoop earrings / palm coin pendant necklace / opal dot chain necklace / itty bitty boot cut jeans (plus size jeans) / Steve Madden booties
PAJAMAS AND LOUNGEWEAR
Well, EXCUSE ME.
These pajamas are basically blardigan pajamas.
They are like a thin blardigan material and I AM HERE FOR IT. Talk about luxurious and crazy comfy. These babies are awesome. Treat yourself to a little piece of heaven. Or maybe if you have a mom that loves her blardigan, grab this pj set for her for Christmas. It’s the ULTIMATE in lounge wear, and I would be so excited to give it to my mom or grandma.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
pajama set / plus size pajama set
This lounge set is from Barefoot Dreams as well, and although it’s not blardigan material, it’s absolutely dreamy.
The fabric is soft, silky, and has a little bit of stretch.
For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
To make the outfit even more heavenly, I topped it off with the Barefoot dreams robe on the left (I just don’t have it tied) and a long blardigan on the right. I’m telling you, the comfort level was absolutely off the charts. I need to lay around the house in this get up and watch Bravo.
pajama set (plus size pajamas) / robe / long blardigan
MY GO TO BRAS AND UNDIES
I first purchased THIS BRA several years ago during the sale, and it’s become a tradition to get a new one every year. It’s expensive when not on sale ($72), but I have found that it’s SO WORTH the money. Grabbing it at the sale price at $47.90 is a no brainer. I named it a MUST HAVE several years ago, and I know so many of you are believers now too! If you doubt me, just check out the online reviews. The cups are perfectly rounded, it has just the right amount of lining, and the material is oh so comfy. And look how pretty the straps are! Click HERE for the bra. True to size for me.
I discovered the THESE UNDIES 4 years ago during the sale, and now they have a cult following. (They are called “girl briefs”, but they are definitely for women.) They stay in place without digging into the skin, rolling down, etc. Plus, they are pretty with the lace detailing. And I’m telling you, you can barely even tell you have them on! I wear a small, so they are true to size for me. I initially bought 1 pair to try several years ago, and then I immediately hopped on and purchased 3 more. Since my initial purchase, I’ve probably purchased 20 additional pair. When I found myself sad when they were all in the laundry, I started grabbing several pair every time they were on sale. Life’s too short to wear undies that you don’t love. You can quote me on that.
I get sooooo many comments from readers that say that they stock up on these every single year as well!
OH…and very important…I DO NOT HAND WASH THESE UNDIES! Who in the world would do that? I just wash them with everything else!!!
OH! AND CHECK THIS OUT! The strapless bra that I’ve been raving about for 6 years now (and have turned so many of y’all onto) is NOW IN THE SALE! My friend Meagan finally bought one last year, and she kept texting me about it saying things like “My saggy boobies have been perfectly happy and supported since 7 a.m. They feel confident again!” And days later “I’ve decided I only want to wear the strapless bra. Always.” YEP, THAT’S RIGHT. So many of us wear this strapless EVEN WHEN WE DON’T HAVE TO WEAR A STRAPLESS. That’s pretty much unheard of, y’all! Sizing tips: Some buy their regular size, and some size up in the band or the cup.
Click HERE for this strapless. Even if you are large chested, you need to try this bra. And you see it also comes with detachable straps. You can wear them straight, you can criss cross them in the back, or you can of course take them off all together.
AND, if you are a Hanky Panky devotee, don’t you worry! My favorite regular rise thongs can be found HERE.
I was so excited to see this rolling spinner suitcase in the sale this year. I got a Calpak carry on from Nordstrom last year when they had a leopard one that randomly went on sale, and I’ve been SO HAPPY with it! Mine has a zipper close on each side, and it looks like this one only has a zipper close on 1 side, but that seems to be the only difference (besides the pattern). This is such a great price for under $100!
Click HERE for all luggage in the sale.
I GRABBED SOME PICS FROM LAST YEAR….
So I realized I had some pics from last year of some absolute favorites that are in the sale again this year!
THE BABY BLARDIGAN
If you’re new here, a “blardigan” is part blanket and part cardigan. I named it a blardigan many moons ago, and the name stuck. Haha! And it’s a little piece of heaven on this here earth.
This is the “He Pewter/Pearl”, but it comes in other colors that I will show later in the week. Click HERE for the baby blardigan.
Are you like me? Do you buy a new pair of these pajamas every year when the sale comes around? I’ve talked about these the last couple of years, and I was excited that both the pants and the shorts are both in the sale again. I’m wearing a small in both. I usually size up in pajamas, but I’m able to stick to my regular smalls in these.
These pajamas are insanely soft, have such a cute fit, and wash like a dream. These pajamas are from last year, so the floral pattern isn’t available. Click HERE for other pajama choices in the sale.
Now let’s talk about some athleisure! We’ve got Zella leggings and Zella sweatshirts and both are awesome. (It was late in the day, and I couldn’t be bothered with shoes.)
This is called an Amazing Crewneck Sweatshirt on the site, and I would have to agree. It’s not a normal sweatshirt. First of all, it’s fleece lined. It doesn’t say this anywhere on the description, but it was definitely lined with the softest material ever! It’s long enough to cover the booty, it’s got a split hem, and it has pockets!!! I’m wearing a small in the sweatshirts.
Both leggings are high waisted, super flattering, and very comfy. However, I would only recommend the pink leggings if you’re going to be wearing a long top with them. I feel like they are going to show everything.
Concerning the black leggings, I actually prefer the black 7/8 leggings with the side pocket to the full length ones I have on. I wear smalls in Zella leggings.
Now remember, these are pics from last year, so the color options are different this year.
pink and grey sweatshirts / live in high waist black leggings (7/8 leggings I prefer) / pink crop leggings
I’m SOOOOO HAPPY they brought these leggings back again this year.
I ADORE THESE HIGH WAISTED ANKLE LEGGINGS. They come up above my belly button, and they suck me in like crazy, while somehow still allowing me to breathe and be 100% comfortable. THEY ARE MAGIC. Once I tried the high waisted option several years ago, I have never purchased the regular rise again.
If you prefer the longer length, click HERE to choose from full length, 7/8, plus size, and maternity.
Sizing tip: I’m wearing my regular size small. Click HERE for the leggings.
That’s it for today! I HOPE YOU LOVED TODAY’S POST AND FOUND IT SUPER HELPFUL. This sale is completely overwhelming, and it was definitely my goal to make it more manageable (and more fun!) for all of you to shop. I would love it if you would leave a comment telling me what your favorite items are and/or if there are certain things you would like to see me review that you didn’t see on today’s post! My store didn’t have a lot of the things I’d seen online and fallen in love with, so I placed an order that is supposed to arrive very soon.
GAME ON, LADIES. Go forth and shop your faces off.
AND EVERYBODY REPEAT AFTER ME: WE’RE NOT SPENDING MONEY, WE’RE SAVING MONEY.
#thinkit #sayit #believeit
OH WAIT! I need to post the collages from earlier in the week so you can see everything in one place!
This collage is mostly full of items that I’ve had and loved FOR YEARS. We’re talking tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with.
- baby blardigan / 2. long blardigan / 3. Zella crewneck sweatshirt / 4. SPANX faux leather leggings / 5. Zella cozy wrap jacket / 6. MUST HAVE bra / 7. pajamas / 8. MUST HAVE Itty Bitty Boot Cut Jeans / 9. raw hem straight leg jeans / 10. Must Have jogger leggings / 11. makeup mirror / 12. MUST HAVE undies / 13. Adidas Edge Luxe Sneakers / 14. cz earring set / 15. MUST HAVE strapless bra / 16. MUST HAVE throw
1) baby blardigan – I get a blardigan every single year during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. This year I’m not sure if I’m going to get #1 (the baby blardigan) or #2 (the long blardigan). If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, THIS IS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 8 years ago (which is when I named it a blardigan), and I’ve never looked back.
2) long blardigan – So if you want a blardigan that covers your tush, the long blardigan is for you. I wear all of mine out and about around town, but they are absolutely perfect for just lounging at home too. I put one on almost every single night of my life. A blardigan will improve your quality of life. I know it’s a big claim, but I stand by it.
3) Zella crewneck sweatshirt – I got this sweatshirt (WITH POCKETS!) in a really pale blush pink last fall, but I only showed it like once because it sold out so quickly. I was so excited to see there are several colors available this year in the sale! It is sooooo soft inside and incredibly cozy.
4) SPANX faux leather leggings – I got these 2 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up, I wear a medium. Click HERE to see them on me.
5) Zella cozy wrap jacket – I got this jacket last year and fell in love. It’s got a funnel neck collar, snap closure, and a super cozy fleece lining. I think the relaxed styling is a lot of fun and I absolutely love wrapping up in it. For size reference, I wear an extra small in this jacket, so it runs quite large. I would definitely recommend sizing down a size (or maybe even 2). Click HERE to see me in it.
6) MUST HAVE bra – I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 6 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale).
7) pajamas – I get a pair of these every year. They are so soft, so cute, and launder beautifully. I wear a size small in these pajamas.
8) MUST HAVE Itty Bitty Boot Cut Jeans – LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 5 inches taller? Wit and Wisdom sent me this new wash, and they are the perfect medium wash for Fall.
9) raw hem straight leg jeans – This particular pair is a great medium wash with no distressing. The ankle length is what I prefer because I want to be able to wear them easily with flats and booties. And don’t worry, they have the Ab-Solution technology. #hallelujiah
10) Must Have jogger leggings – Y’ALL!!! I was so excited when I saw that the MUST HAVE LEGGINGS are included in the sale this year!!! I named the black ones (really more like a really dark grey) a MUST HAVE back in November, and then I proceeded to buy a pink pair and a blue pair as well. Wait, I just remembered that I got a light olive pair too. I’m so pumped about the light grey that are in the sale, and there are 2 other colors as well. Click HERE to see them on me at the bottom of the post. These leggings were the #1 READER FAVORITE in all of 2020!!! And during the sale they will be right under $40! WOW!
11) makeup mirror – I bought this last year during the sale and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
12) MUST HAVE undies – GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly placing all of their undies with these babies.
13) Adidas Edge Luxe Sneakers – I have them in black and love them. I also have them in a neutral color, and this year I will be adding this pair that looks kind of like rose gold to me.
14) cz earring set – Nordstrom is known for their really great CZ jewelry. This earring set is stunning.
15) MUST HAVE strapless bra – I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 5 years now, maybe more. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. And I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
16) MUST HAVE throw – Ladies. If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. Otherwise, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and graduation gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. At just under $25, you won’t be able to beat this deal. And seriously, I love them even more than the Barefoot Dreams blankets that are 4x as much.
Click HERE to check out ALL OF BEAUTY for yourself. The beauty deals are awesome this year.
1) Flowerbomb set / 2) Riki 10x lighted mirror / 3) Olaplex Hair Care Set / 4) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Travel Set / 5) Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Deodorant / 6) Tula cleanser set / 7) Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum / 8) Nuelash Eyelash Serum / 9) Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Face Oil / 10) NARS cheek palette / 11) Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick Set / 12) St. Tropez Jumbo Bronzing Mousse / 13) Charlotte Tilbury gloss trio / 14) Anastastia Brow Deluxe Kit /15) Moroccanoil Set / 16) MAC lipstick and lip gloss set
1) Flowerbomb set – I’ve always loved the way Flowerbomb smells, so this year might be the year I grab it (depending on what else ends up in my cart and how much I’m spending on everything else). It’s a FULL SIZE perfume with a body cream, shower gel, and body lotion.
2) Riki 10x lighted mirror – I have this mirror. I LOVE this mirror. It’s worth every single penny at full price, so it’s an amazing deal during the sale at $80 OFF! It’s got LED lights, a magnifying mirror attachment, and a cell phone clip. Five stages of dimming gives you full control of the level you want to see, while the 10X magnifying mirror helps you get up close and personal with lashes and brows and for detail work, especially around the eyes.
3) Olaplex Hair Care Set – Y’all know I absolutely love the Colleen Rothschild hair care products, but I’ve been hearing a lot about Olaplex, and I’m excited to grab this set. This has the shampoo and conditioner AND a jumbo size of the best-selling No 3 Hair Perfector to help reduce breakage and visibly strengthen hair. YAY!
4) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Travel Set – I’ve been using the Magic Cream for years. I got a travel size back around Christmas and it’s been great! I always take my Magic Cream when I go out of town, but the regular size jar takes up so much room, so I’m THRILLED with the travel set that also comes with the Magic Serum and the Flawless Setting Spray. Use the Magic Serum daily, morning and night. Apply 4–6 drops onto clean skin morning and evening before your moisturizer. Shake the Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray bottle well. Hold 6–8 inches away from your face and mist on evenly. Use before and after applying makeup.
5) Donna Karen Cashmere Mist Deodorant – I think I’ve only talked about this deodorant once before because it is ALWAYS sold out. This deodorant is expensive, it’s luxurious, it smells amazing, AND IT WORKS. I have to change my deodorant up every so often because I always become immune after wearing the same deodorant for awhile, and this is my latest find. I started wearing it last year at some point. This past February I was working the Manda Strong charity golf tournament, I reached over my friend to get something off the registration table, and she said “You smell so good”. I was like “Yeah, it’s my deodorant.” Everybody got a good laugh, and then everybody freaked when I told them it was Donna Karen and $29. I swore up and down it was worth it. I’ve only bought 2 in a year’s time, so it’s actually not a bad cost per wear at all.
6) Tula cleanser set – As mentioned before, y’all know I’m loyal to Colleen Rothschild products, but I do have some Tula products that I’ve tried and loved (like the exfoliating pads and the cooling eye balm stick that’s in this set). Click through to see the cute bag that comes with the set as well as a full size cleanser and a full size day and night moisturizer.
7) Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum – I scooped this up yesterday and I am PUMPED! I’ve shared how my eyebrows have become sparse in areas, and I’m really hoping this serum is going to help.
8) Nuelash Eyelash Serum – I use and love this serum. I don’t have to buy it for myself this year because I bought it last year and just broke out my 2nd tube. I need to be more consistent about using it like my sister is (because she has FANTASTIC results). I decided a couple of weeks ago that I just need to keep it on my bedside table since I always seem to forget it. Now I just need to remember to put it on the table.
9) Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Face Oil – Do you follow Kathleen Jennings on instagram? She’s always sharing and reviewing her beauty finds and is a very trusted source. I thought I took a screen shot of the slide where she showed this on insastories last week, but I can’t find it anywhere. I cannot remember exactly what she said about it, but I know she was thrilled it was in the sale and said it was a fantastic deal. Plus, it has well over 1,000 5 star reviews. That’s really hard to get on skincare products.
10) NARS cheek palette – This palette has such pretty colors and includes a contour, a highlight, and a pop of color!
11) Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick Set – Bobbi Brown shadow sticks are amazing and are fool proof for those of you (like me) that aren’t great at doing eye makeup. I swipe a neutral powder all over my lid and brow bone, and then I follow by sweeping one of these cream sticks all over my eyelid. There are 2 sticks here but if you look closely, you will see there are 4 colors!
12) St. Tropez Jumbo Bronzing Mousse – Y’all know I have a favorite self tanner from Amazon, but I’ve been hearing about this St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse for a couple of years now from friends and other influencers. This is the jumbo size that’s included in the sale, so I’m tempted to try it.
13) Charlotte Tilbury gloss trio – I’m always a sucker for a pretty gloss, and I love Charlotte Tilbury glosses. This set was a no brainer for me. All 3 colors are beautiful.
14) Anastastia Brow Deluxe Kit – I never thought I would talk about eyebrows so much, yet here we are. Y’all know I just started filling in my brows this year, and I’ve found several products that I love. But my sister absolutely SWEARS BY Anastasia products for brows. I’m for sure grabbing thesee.
15) Moroccanoil Set – For those of you that use Moroccanoil religiously, this set comes with a full size AND a travel size. It’s a great buy.
16) MAC lipstick and lip gloss set – This set includes a Prep and Prime lip treatment, a lipstick, and a gloss. I think the “deep” set is so pretty and an awesome deal for all 3 products.
BEAUTY IS AWESOME THIS YEAR! I’ll have all of my personal beauty picks in tomorrow’s post, but I thought you might want to take a look around for yourself now.
In closing, make sure you are following me on Facebook and Instagram too because I will also be posting often on social media today and throughout the weekend. I’ll be posting lots of stories as well with video try-ons.
Okay, now go forth and shop your faces off.
Erika Slaughter says
Sheaffer-first of all I LOVED this post! Thanks so much for giving us all your feedback on all the things! My items should arrive tonight/tomorrow and I’m so excited! Secondly, you’re cute in everything BUT that white collared pearl black top? Well, I think you should wear on repeat from October 1st through February 28th. SO SO CUTE! You look absolutely precious in that!
Awwwwww! Thank you, friend! That top was such a surprise to me, but I loved it! xoxo
THANK YOU, Kathleen! I hope it was super helpful!!! xoxo
So excited!!I appreciate you pairing it down for us SO MUCH.
In the Addis’s sneakers-do you find them true to size? I just want them more for errands and maybe travel walking vs. hard core running.
Hi, Amy! Yes!!! True to size for me! You’re going to love them, Amy! xoxo
If you were going to get your first Baby Blardigan, what color would you purchase?
Hi, Betsy! I would personally get the pewter/pearl so I wouldn’t have to see dog hair on it. 🙂 If you don’t have to deal with dog hair, I’d get the carbon! xoxo
Such great suggestions, Sheaffer! I already had many of those items on my wish list and added a few more after reading this post. I just had to tell you that your hair looked AWESOME in the pics of this year’s try on. ?
Angela, you’re too sweet! I was a sweaty mess by the end!!! Haha!!! xoxo
Amy Strouse says
Thank you so much for this post!! It was so helpful and I loaded up my wish list for Friday!! You looked adorable in everything! Thank you again for your helpfulness and sweet smile!
Aw, thank you Amy!!! Happy Shopping!!! xoxo
Suzy Fine says
Bummer!! The second Barefoot Dreams jammie set you have above (the charcoal one) is already sold out!!! Great items, added a few!!
NO WAY!!!! Oh man, I’m hoping for a restock! I’ll keep you posted! xoxo
Sheaffer- A little different comment on the great Nordstrom’s posts this week.
Thank you because you really bring it in your posts and blogs! There are a lot of blogs I follow and they just phone it in and have sparse, no nothing posts that make me think they really don’t like the job or are just going through the motions. You however rise to a new level every time of caring, genuine enthusiasm and professional and helpful posts. I thank you, it helps us see the information and best of all you make it fun to read. In the end I want to run out and buy those carefully critiqued things and most of you make us feel like we wished we lived next door to you so we could laugh and chat. That all takes a special skill and you have it in spades.
CARLY! OH MY WORD! Your comment has totally made my day!!!!!! Seriously, thank you so much for the kind and supportive words. It means the world to me that you took the time out of your day to show appreciation for the time and effort I proudly put into these posts. I appreciate YOU! Much love to you! xoxo
GREAT post–thank you SO MUCH!
Thanks for the sweet words, Anne! xoxo
Great post! Thanks for all of the help in paring down the items!! In the Calson round neck t-shirt, what size do you wear?
Oh, gosh! I can’t believe I left that out. I’m wearing a small! xoxo
Gail Wilson says
WOW, WOW AND DARE I SAY, WOW!!! Not an all-caps gal, but this post deserves to be shouted from the rooftops!! I lost count of the items I put in my cart for Friday – I may have to stay up past my bedtime to buy at 12:00am PT!!
Only bummer is the BD Robe – it appears sold out online! I saw it at my store Monday, but I couldn’t talk the gal into giving me the Nsale price early; they offered it in 2019 without hesitation, but times are different. 🙁
Oh, nuts! Definitely keep checking for a restock! xoxo
Darcy Berte says
LOVE the Natori bras and the strapless bra. I wish they made the strapless bra in black also though.
Hi, Darcy! Aren’t they awesome! They do make the strapless bra in black, it’s just not included in the sale. xoxo
Darcy Berte says
Good to know. Thank you!
THANK YOU!!! Thank you for the effort and detail you put into these posts. Before I found your blog, I would have never shopped the NSale (too overwhelming!).
I’ve followed you for several years now, and each summer, I feel confident in the choices on my wish list and have gotten so much great stuff–all thanks to you! Appreciate everything you do! 🙂
Kalen, it absolutely thrills me that you find value in my posts!!! Thank you so much for your sweet words! xoxo
Thank you so much for keeping the plus-sized ladies in mind!
You’re welcome, Stacy! I was thrilled to see such big selection this year!!! So many of the items that were my favorites are available in plus size as well! xoxo
Thanks for the helpful descriptions! Do you get regular or petite in your WW jeans?
Hi, J! If I don’t specify, then I’m wearing the regular. However, I will say that some of the jeans I tried on of theirs were a bit too long for me, so I would definitely try ordering the petite specifically in those because I really like showing a bit of ankle. I’ll be specific in future posts if I think I would prefer a petite. (I’m 5’4″ but with long legs and pretty much no torso.) 🙂 xoxo
Thank you for this wonderful post! It was very helpful! Can’t wait until I can shop!
YAY! Thank you, Kristen! xoxo
Gail Wilson says
Question 2 – If I add to my wish list now through your link, will you still get credit on Friday when I can shop? If not, let us know what we need to do to get your the credit you deserve!! 🙂
You’re too sweet to even think of that, Gail! Links do expire, so if you don’t mind, I would love it if you would go back to one of my posts and just click any Nordstrom link. That will reactivate it for me! And seriously, so kind of you to even be worried about that. THANK YOU! xoxo
Schaefer, I completely agree with EVERYTHING Carly said. Thank you so much for all your details and fit tips as well as the funny side comments. My N store is an hour away and doesn’t usually have stock by the time I can shop so filling my wish list via your preview is the very best way to go for me and I’m so appreciate. Hope your sweater dresses and knit booties arrive and are just what you’re looking for!
ps. Did you drop the breakfast taco idea in Nordstrom’s suggestion box??
Awwwww, well THANK YOU Kim! I appreciate y’all so much. I’m so thankful you come around to read the posts, and I’m thankful you took the time to leave such a kind comment. And listen, somebody at Nordstrom should really take the breakfast taco idea and run with it. 🙂 xoxo
As a plus sized reader I would like to thank you for making sure you indicated what styles also come in plus size. Since I retired from teaching I have become a bit of a blog-a-holic and yours is my very favorite. (Some proof of that are the Victoria Emerson bracelets and the Accessory Concierge pieces in my jewelry box!) Also, I would definitely recommend the Born booties. I’ve been a Born devotee since the early 90s and every pair has been incredibly comfortable.
Thank you, Robin! I was so excited this year to see so many plus size offerings! And yep, I think I’m leaning towards the Born booties! xoxo
Rhonda Jones says
I am dying to see how you style the camel colored sleeveless turtleneck with a white tee shirt! Didn’t see it on Fridays post. Thanks!
Hi, Rhonda! It still hasn’t arrived! Hoping it will tomorrow! xoxo