CALLING ALL CARDHOLDERS!
So it’s probably felt like a sweet forever that you’ve just been sitting there and watching others shop, but if you have a Nordstrom card, IT’S GO TIME!!! YOU CAN NOW SHOP THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!
I’m going to need you to focus.
Give your kids a snack and tell them to go read quietly (or let’s be real, hand them an iPad).
Mommy needs a minute.
IT’S GO TIME.
YESTERDAY’S EPIC DRESSING ROOM POST
Okay, this is super important…
Yesterday’s post was a HUGE Shopping With Sheaffer post, all straight from the Nordstrom dressing room! That’s right, I scoured the racks at my local Nordstrom and picked out all of my favorite finds to highlight for y’all.
Click HERE for the post.
I style outfits (only some are seen below), share all my thoughts, and give you fit tips.
In an effort to streamline your shopping today, before we move on to new content, here are some of my tip top favorites from yesterday (again, click HERE for the entire post)…
Everybody needs these pants. But if you work in an office environment, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THEM.
Seriously, they are a MUST HAVE.
You should replace all of your black slacks you own with these. You will never want to wear any other black pants again for the rest of your life.
They are created with technology that is designed to “mold, shape, and hold”. And I don’t know about you, but I long to be molded, shaped, and held by my pants. 🙂 The pants are super soft with a lot of stretch and they are incredibly comfy. I’m telling you, there’s nothing like them. The front pockets are functional, and they have a faux zipper, but they do have 2 hook and eye closures with 1 button.
I’m wearing my regular size 4 (not petite). However, my tummy is my problem area. If you don’t have a problematic tummy area, you will probably want to size down.
These itty bitty boot cut jeans are also a MUST HAVE. I know I’ve said this on the blog at least 50x, but these itty bitty bootcuts make you look 5-10 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller (than you already are). THEY ARE MAGIC JEANS. And you will feel incredible in them. I’m 5’4″ with long legs for my height, and I wear the regular in these (not the petites). Just like you have come to expect from Wit and Wisdom, they are stretchy, comfy, and uber flattering. I’m wearing my regular size 4, but most size down.
The floral split neck blouse has a pretty smocked collar, and I love the split neck. The sleeves are a little bit longer than 3/4 and have an elastic cuff. There are 4 colors/patterns to choose from. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I think black jeans are an essential piece for everybody’s closets.
These black jeans are fabulous. So soft, so stretchy, and so flattering. I’m wearing a 6P (I’m 5’4′ with long legs for my height) because I wanted a little ankle to show. I might have been able to wear a 4P, but they didn’t have that size in store for me to try. Pro Tip: In order to help the black jeans keep their color, I only wash them every several times I wear them. These hold their shape really well, so there’s no real reason to wash them unless they are dirty.
The tee has a perfectly relaxed fit and will be great on its own as well as layered under jackets and cardis. It runs a little big, and I’m wearing a small. Have I mentioned that it’s incredibly soft? #BECAUSEITIS I could go on and on about this tee.
2 colors of this tee have already sold out, so you better grab it if you want it.
How adorable is this skort. Ideal for tennis, workouts or outdoor exploring, this skort keeps you on the move in sweat-wicking, quick-drying fabric and a four-way-stretch skirt layer. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
The sneakers are ON SALE too! $40 OFF!
And last but not least for previously highlighted pieces that I LOVE…
This is the new blardigan that I ended up grabbing this year.
It’s quite a bit longer than what I call the baby blardigan (seen directly above), and I really like the braided detailing and ribbed sleeves. I thought I was going to get the color seen below, but in the end I got the silver ice. If you’re new to the blog, I call this a “blardigan” because it’s part blanket and part cardigan.
It’s the softest thing you will ever put on your body, and it makes an EXCELLENT gift. Ove the last 8 years I’ve given them to my mom, my mother-in-law, Chris’s grandmother, one of Carter’s much beloved teachers, and countless friends and family members when they have gone through tough times. I say that giving a blardigan is like giving a hug.
Head to the post for tons more outfits.
I have 3 NEW collages for you today that highlight items that caught my eye across several different categories! That’s right, I scoured through hundreds of pages of sale items, and I found the best of the best for you.
BAGS AND ACCESSORIES
1) colorful stretch bracelets / 2) link bracelet / 3) suede foldover clutch / 4) chevron quilted tote / 5) rose quartz earrings / 6) rose quartz necklace / 7) rose quartz ring / 8) tote / 9) diamond cross necklace / 10) layered necklace / 11) black bag / 12) black quilted satchel / 13) necklace no longer available / 14) stud set / 15) link earrings / 16) ear climbers / 17) classic hoop earrings / 18) dangle huggie earrings / 19) leather weekender bag / 20) spinner carry-on suitcase
1) chunky chain mules / 2) braided mules / 3) suede loafers / 4) leopard waterproof booties / 5) chain heels / 6) sneakers / 7) black pumps / 8) neutral booties / 9) chunky heel booties / 10) western booties / 11) wedge booties / 12) over the knee boots / 13) neutral sneakers / 14) black sneakers
1) grey jeans / 2) girlfriend jeans / 3) distressed straight leg jeans / 4) high waist straight leg jeans / 5) dark wash girlfriend jeans / 6) frayed crop mom jeans / 7) ankle straight leg jeans / 8) distressed crop straight leg jeans / 9) itty bitty boot cut jeans / 10) black jeans / 11) dark wash boot cut jeans / 12) grey jeans
1) large wood bowl / 2) cutting board / 3) MUST HAVE throw / 4) bathroom rug / 5) art / 6) paper towel holder / 7) kitchen towels / 8) round marble and wood serving board / 9) nesting bowls / 10) pura refresher / 11) large mango wood cheese board / 12) Barefoot Dreams throw
I added several things to my cart yesterday that weren’t in my store when I shopped on Wednesday. I still have lots of things I want to review for y’all, and there are also several items I want for myself! Here are some things that are on their way to me:
- super soft mid-length cardi
- this gorgeous ring
- cashew color poncho (I’ll wear with skinny jeans and booties and my SPANX faux leather leggings and sneakers)
- smocked waist dress
- fall floral tiered dress
- distressed straight legged frayed hem jeans
- a black quilted tote that would be an awesome work tote
- a huge blonde bowl I saw in store yesterday and couldn’t stop thinking about it
SOME OLD FAVORITES IN NEW COLORWAYS
After scouring the site, I also found some oldies but goodies that they brought back this year in new colors!!!
So the pics you are about to see probably have colors that are no longer available, but just click to see this year’s color options!
This cardigan is what cardigan dreams are made of. It’s super soft, has some extra style with the side slits and big front pockets, and it’s the perfect layering piece. It comes in 5 color options. I’m wearing the XXS, and I am never an XXS. It also comes in plus size.
Okay, this bobble cardigan really surprised me (and it comes in plus size too)! I almost didn’t even try it on because I thought the sleeves were going to be too voluminous. I’m so happy I gave it a whirl, because I love it! The sleeves are dramatic without being over the top, and I love the overall fit. Now, the knit is definitely a sturdy knit, so don’t expect it to be crazy soft…but it’s not itchy or anything. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
The black raw hem skinny jeans are sooooo stretchy and comfy, and they also come in plus size. For size reference, I’m wearing a 4P. I can wear the 4P with booties and tall boots, but they are too short for flats or mules.
Y’all. Who even am I. I cannot believe I took this to my dressing room, but I’m so happy that I did! This top is precious…but not too precious. It’s got a great fit, and the collar and the pearls definitely make it special. I think it looks great with jeans, but it will also look great paired with slacks or a pencil skirt for the office. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Madewell has been doing a color block cardigan for years, and although this is last year’s, they have a new version this year that is so cute. There are actually 2 options, and I think both are great. For size reference, I’m wearing the x-small.
- If you want to see my TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITES in the sale, click HERE. These are items that I personally own and personally LOVE so I’m HIGHLY RECOMMENDING THEM.
- If you want to see the items that first caught my eye for this year’s sale, click HERE.
- Maybe you are in the market for beauty products? Click HERE for what I’m most excited about from the beauty department.
- And again, if you want to see an epic dressing room post, click HERE.
That’s all for today.
I hoped you all shopped your faces off!!!
Have a wonderful weekend with your people.