LADIES! IT’S ALMOST HERE!
If you’re an Icon, you can shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale tomorrow morning. Actually, you can shop it late tonight (11:00 p.m. CST). If you’re an Ambassador, you can shop the sale on Thursday, and if you’re Influencer Level (which has nothing to do with actually being an influencer), you can shop on Saturday.
And as always, I will be your Anniversary Sale Tour Guide! I hope to be a really great resource to you and my plan is to make shopping the sale FUN. You should probably eat some tacos and get some really restful sleep. And don’t forget to hydrate. Preparation is key. Haha!
I’ve got a collage for you today to help you get an initial game plan.
Today is all about items that are in the sale that I already own and love! Seriously, these aren’t things that I just own, THESE ARE THINGS I STRAIGHT UP LOVE. Everything you see is from years past and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND all of the items. If there are things on this collage you don’t already own, then I think you should consider putting them at the top of your list. They are TRIED AND TRUE for a reason.
ITEMS I OWN AND LOVE
So today’s collage is full of items that I’ve had and loved FOR YEARS. We’re talking tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with.
But before we get to the collage, I can’t believe that I accidentally left of a super important item.
The MUST HAVE THROW needs to be on this collage! If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. I actually recommend that you put at least 3 in your cart. If you don’t keep them all for your own home (which you might), they also make EXCELLENT gifts. And if you only have 1, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and graduation gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. At just under $25, you won’t be able to beat this deal. And seriously, I love them even more than the Barefoot Dreams blankets that are 4x as much.
1) lighted makeup mirror / 2) sneakers / 3) blardigan / 4) cozy wrap jacket (plus size HERE)/ 5) round neck tee / 6) bra / 7) strapless bra / 8) must have undies / 9) stud earring set / 10) Supergoop Glow Duo / 11) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream / 12) deodorant 3 pack / 13) itty bitty boot cut jeans / 14) faux leather leggings / 15) skinny jeans / 16) black jeans / 17) must have leggings
1) lighted makeup mirror / I bought this last year during the sale 2 years ago and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
2) sneakers / I grabbed these sneakers last fall. First of all, I love the way they look. I always love blush and grey together, and this color combo is a great kind of neutral option (with a little bit of sass). They have a slim look and they are true to size.
3) blardigan / I probably get a blardigan every other year during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. This year I’m not sure if I’m going to get the baby blardigan or the long blardigan. If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, THIS IS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 9 years ago (which is when I named it a blardigan), and I’ve never looked back.
4) cozy wrap jacket (plus size HERE)/ I got this jacket 2 years ago and fell in love. I’ve worn it TONS over the last 2 years. It’s got a funnel neck collar, snap closure, and a super cozy fleece lining. I think the relaxed styling is a lot of fun and I absolutely love wrapping up in it. For size reference, I wear an extra small in this jacket, so it runs quite large. I would definitely recommend sizing down a size (or maybe even 2). Click HERE to see me in it.
5) round neck tee / I grab new Caslon tees every year. I mean, how can you say no to a great t-shirt that is under $12. There are literally TONS of colors to choose from. I wear a medium in these tees.
6) MUST HAVE bra / I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 6 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale). Both bras are super comfy and have perfectly rounded cups. I love how the lining is minimally padded (so it minimizes nip issues), but I wouldn’t actually considered padding at all (I don’t like padded bras).
7) MUST HAVE strapless bra / I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 8 years or so now, maybe more. I feel like I was the only one talking about it at first, but now the whole world knows about it. And the whole world agrees with me. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
8) MUST HAVE undies / GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They truly are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly placing all of their undies with these babies.
9) stud earring set / Nordstrom is known for their really great CZ jewelry. This earring set is stunning. I love both shapes, they are sparkly as all get out, and I think they look real. You will definitely fool some people with these babies.
10) Supergoop Glow Duo / Well, it’s been two years now of me screaming and shouting about the Supergoop Glow Screen. I’ve actually never tried the Glow Stick, but I’m assuming that it’s awesome as well.
11) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream / I’m super excited about this deal in the sale. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is a product I use daily. This set includes 1 Magic Cream (with the glass tub it comes in) along with 2 refills. This set will save me $84.
12) deodorant 3 pack / I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT. I think I told the story about my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament last year), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. It’s true, y’all. Plus, it not only smells great, it also WORKS. Which is of course the most important thing.
13) itty bitty boot cut jeans / LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 5 inches taller? These are the perfect medium wash for Fall. At 5’4″ I get the regular size (not the petites). I wear my regular size 4, but most size down.
14) SPANX faux leather leggings / I got these 2 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up for sure. I wear a small in Zella leggings, but I wear a medium in these. Actually, at 5’4″, I wear the medium petite. I wore the regular mediums for years, but I grabbed the petites when they were on sale last fall. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE! Click HERE to see them on me.
15) skinny jeans / Everybody needs a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. These are your jeans. I wear my regular size 4, but a lot of people size down in Wit and Wisdom jeans. These are a great ankle length for flats, booties, and tall boots as well. If you’ve never tried Wit and Wisdom jeans, they are seriously comfy (very stretchy) and incredibly flattering.
16) black jeans / Everybody needs a pair of black jeans too. Again, these are your jeans. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know that 95% of my jeans are from Wit and Wisdom (and for good reason). The brand is my favorite denim brand HANDS DOWN. I wear my regular size 4 in these too, but again, some size down. (To keep these their great black color, I turn them inside out when I wash them. Also, unless they are dirty, I own wash them about every 3-4x I wear them.)
17) MUST HAVE leggings / Y’ALL!!! I was so excited when I saw that the MUST HAVE LEGGINGS are included in the sale this year!!! I named the black ones (really more like a really dark grey) a MUST HAVE back in November of 2022, and then I proceeded to buy a pink pair, a blue pair, and a green pair. Wait, I just remembered that I got a light olive pair too. And I’m not even embarrassed I have so many. Haha! I’m so pumped about the light grey that are in the sale, and there are 2 other colors as well. Click HERE to see them on me at the bottom of the post. These leggings were the #1 READER FAVORITE in all of 2020 and they were in the Top 5 in 2021! And during the sale they will be right under $40! WOW! For size reference, I wear a small in these leggings.
Some items that didn’t make the collage:
I have a couple of more items that I couldn’t fit in the collage (besides the must have throw that I mentioned at the beginning of the post). I have 5 colors of this Zella long sleeve tee. It’s a great thin weight (which I love), it’s long enough to be worn with workout leggings, and it’s a perfect layering piece. It also has thumbholes! I’ll probably be grabbing this tee in two of the colors. I’m thinking the pink and the navy denim (which kind of looks like a dark turquoise).
I haven’t tried these exact black pants from Wit and Wisdom, but I have a similar pair from several years ago and have been BEGGING the brand to bring them back. I’m guessing that these are super similar and that they will be just as awesome. I will report back on Friday.
I hope today’s post has given you a great head start with your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale wish list! Now, let’s all rest up and get ready to shop our faces off, ladies
Shay Shull says
Eeeeeks! It’s such a fun time of the summer!!
Alicia Hall says
What size do you get in the Zella long-sleeve tee?
Hi, Alicia! I get a medium!
Sheaffer – I always find such great things through you and want to make sure you get credit. If I add an item to my wish list that I’ve linked through your site, and then add my wish list items to my cart when the sale is live, is that still credited back to you? Or should I just link each item from your site on the day of the sale? Hopefully that makes sense!
You are so sweet, Arika. You have no idea how much I appreciate you! It’s unclear whether or not items from the wish list will credit back to me. The easiest way to ensure I get credit is to just pop on my blog or facebook page and click any of my Nordstrom links. As long as one of my links gets you to the site right before you check out, I will get the credit! And seriously, thank you so much for even being concerned about this. I know my job is just to make the shopping experience easier for you, so I’m so thankful that you are mindful of wanting me to get credit. xoxo
Oh yay! That’s easy! 🙂 thanks
Thank YOU, Arika!!! xoxo
Kelly H says
I am always excited for the N Sale but this year is extra special. I didn’t plan it but I will actually be in Dallas this weekend and I am eligible to shop on Saturday. We do not have Nordy here and this will be my first time actually shopping in store during the sale. I couldn’t be more excited!