Y’all. I’M STRAIGHT UP GIDDY.
Remind me to breathe and please fetch me a Dr. Pepper and a taco. It’s GO TIME.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Icon Access Begins NOW.
I’m shopping the sale in person LIKE A FREAKING MACHINE today, so I’ll definitely have more picks for you after I’m able to physically try on the items and as the sale goes on. BUT TODAY IS A REALLY GREAT START! Here’s just a peek…
WHAT CAUGHT MY EYE
The items I’m highlighting today are ones that I have my eye on! I either have these things on my wish list and I’m moving them to my cart today, or I know they are at my local store and I’ll be trying them on today.
Now listen, this collage is a great guide for me, but it’s not set in stone. I won’t be buying and keeping everything in this collage, but these are the items that caught my eye online. I know there will be stuff in the store tomorrow that I’ll end up loving (that’s not even on this collage), but I always start with a list and go from there. On the flip side, there will be things I try on from this collage that I end up not loving, but that’s just how it goes.
1) dress / 2) earrings / 3) bracelet / 4) rose quartz pendant necklace / 5) girlfriend jeans / 6) traveling ruana / 7) fleece full-zip jacket / 8) blouse / 9) v-neck wool and cashmere poncho / 10) oversize pocket tee / 11) SPANX skort / 12) chain link mules / 13) sneakers / 14) braided mules / 15) sunglasses / 16) jacket
1) dress / I’m really excited for this dress and am hoping that it is in my local Nordstrom today! It will be the perfect fall dress! Smocked waist (so super comfy), great fall colors, and a fun pattern.
2) earrings / These are a great hoop, updated a bit with an oblong shape and chain link design.
3) bracelet / This is a bracelet that will look awesome in a stack, but it will also look pretty on its own.
4) rose quartz pendant necklace / This year I have my eye on a handful of more expensive items, and this necklace is one of them. There are coordinating earrings and a ring that match this necklace, and there are a couple of different color options available including a beautiful and vibrant green. I think this rose quartz is a gorgeous neutral that will go with pretty much everything.
5) girlfriend jeans / I love girlfriend jeans because I love having the option to not wear skinny jeans. I think the girlfriend jean is the perfect option for a new look. They obviously have a more generous fit, but they are still flattering!
6) traveling ruana / This dark camel color is one of my very favorite colors for fall and winter, and y’all know I love a piece like this to throw on with skinny jeans or leggings.
7) fleece full-zip jacket / How cozy does this fleece look? I’m all about cozy, and the stand-up collar is totally my jam.
8) blouse / This blouse looks like the perfect piece that will transition easily from being worn casually with jeans to pairing with nice slacks (I’m grabbing these from Wit and Wisdom in the sale) or a pencil skirt to the office. 4 different color combos/patterns are available for the blouse.
9) v-neck wool and cashmere poncho / Another great option for skinny jeans and leggings.
10) oversize pocket tee / I don’t love a fitted tee, but I also don’t want my tee to be huge and sloppy either. This oversized pocket tee looks like it will be a perfectly relaxed fit.
11) SPANX skort / Okay, so SPANX sent me this skort in white. AND IT’S SO CUTE. I’m definitely grabbing the black.
12) chain link mules / The pointy toe and the chunky chain are DARLING on these mules. I know I haven’t tried them on yet, but I expect that they are going to be my favorite shoes in the sale. I think the plaid in the collage is super cute, but I also love the black, the white, the cognac, and the sand. I seriously love them all, well except for the pink.
13) sneakers / I have 2 different pair of Dolce Vita sneakers that I’ve purchased over the last several years, and I love them. They are comfy, cute, and a great casual option for fall outfits. This pair comes in this white option, but it also comes in a metallic black that’s lots of fun.
14) braided mules / Cognac leather, a pretty braid, and a tiny heel…. what’s not to love.
15) sunglasses / These look totally designer to me. I’m hoping I like them once I try them on.
16) jacket / This sporty little jacket is one of the items I’m most excited about. I hope it lives up to all of my expectations!
MORE ITEMS I’M SUPER INTERESTED IN THIS YEAR
I have a handful of items that just didn’t fit on the collage, but I’m definitely going to be looking for them in person today. I LOVE THESE ITEMS, I just ran out of real estate on my collage. 🙂
How cute will this sweater be with the girlfriend jeans and white sneakers from the collage!
I think this is the blardigan I’m going to grab this year. I like that its design is different than the other ones I have, and I like this color the most of all of this year’s options.
I fell in love with Wit and Wisdom black slacks a couple of years ago, and I’m hoping I love THIS YEAR’S PANTS just as much.
UPDATE: Wit and Wisdom sent these pants to me, I tried them on yesterday, AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM! They don’t have a built-in belt like the pants from a couple of years ago, but I actually like these even better! I love the length on me, and they really are the perfect office pant. They also come in a couple of patterns including a small check and a big plaid found HERE. They are very stretchy, so I think most will size down. (My problem area is my belly area, so I need my regular size 4. But I want to reiterate that I expect the majority of y’all will need to size down.)
I think the Perfect Pant Back Seam Skinny Ankle Pants from SPANX are going to be a great option for you taller ladies.
This paisley ruffle dress looks designer to me! I mean, it looks super high end, right? But it’s right under $80!
TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITES
In order to streamline your shopping, I thought I would go ahead and post yesterday’s post again. These are all of my tried and true favorites. Most of these items are ones I’ve had and loved FOR YEARS. We’re talking tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with.
But before we get to the collage, I can’t believe that I accidentally left off a super important item.
The MUST HAVE THROW needs to be on this collage! If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. I actually recommend that you put at least 3 in your cart. If you don’t keep them all for your own home (which you might), they also make EXCELLENT gifts. And if you only have 1, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and graduation gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. At just under $30, you won’t be able to beat this deal. And seriously, I love them even more than the Barefoot Dreams blankets that are 4x as much.
1) lighted makeup mirror / 2) sneakers / 3) blardigan / 4) cozy wrap jacket (plus size HERE)/ 5) round neck tee / 6) bra / 7) strapless bra / 8) must have undies / 9) stud earring set / 10) Supergoop Glow Duo / 11) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream / 12) deodorant 3 pack / 13) itty bitty boot cut jeans / 14) faux leather leggings / 15) skinny jeans / 16) black jeans / 17) must have leggings
1) lighted makeup mirror / I bought this last year during the sale 2 years ago and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
2) sneakers / I grabbed these sneakers last fall. First of all, I love the way they look. I always love blush and grey together, and this color combo is a great kind of neutral option (with a little bit of sass). They have a slim look and they are true to size.
3) blardigan / I probably get a blardigan every other year during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. This year I’m not sure if I’m going to get the baby blardigan or the long blardigan. If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, THIS IS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 9 years ago (which is when I named it a blardigan), and I’ve never looked back.
4) cozy wrap jacket (plus size HERE)/ I got this jacket 2 years ago and fell in love. I’ve worn it TONS over the last 2 years. It’s got a funnel neck collar, snap closure, and a super cozy fleece lining. I think the relaxed styling is a lot of fun and I absolutely love wrapping up in it. For size reference, I wear an extra small in this jacket, so it runs quite large. I would definitely recommend sizing down a size (or maybe even 2). Click HERE to see me in it.
5) round neck tee / I grab new Caslon tees every year. I mean, how can you say no to a great t-shirt that is under $12. There are literally TONS of colors to choose from. I wear a medium in these tees.
6) MUST HAVE bra / I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 6 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale). Both bras are super comfy and have perfectly rounded cups. I love how the lining is minimally padded (so it minimizes nip issues), but I wouldn’t actually considered padding at all (I don’t like padded bras).
7) MUST HAVE strapless bra / I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 8 years or so now, maybe more. I feel like I was the only one talking about it at first, but now the whole world knows about it. And the whole world agrees with me. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
8) MUST HAVE undies / GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They truly are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly placing all of their undies with these babies.
9) stud earring set / Nordstrom is known for their really great CZ jewelry. This earring set is stunning. I love both shapes, they are sparkly as all get out, and I think they look real. You will definitely fool some people with these babies.
10) Supergoop Glow Duo / Well, it’s been two years now of me screaming and shouting about the Supergoop Glow Screen. I’ve actually never tried the Glow Stick, but I’m assuming that it’s awesome as well.
11) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream / I’m super excited about this deal in the sale. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream is a product I use daily. This set includes 1 Magic Cream (with the glass tub it comes in) along with 2 refills. This set will save me $84.
12) deodorant 3 pack / I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT. I think I told the story about my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament last year), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. It’s true, y’all. Plus, it not only smells great, it also WORKS. Which is of course the most important thing.
13) itty bitty boot cut jeans / LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 5 inches taller? These are the perfect medium wash for Fall. At 5’4″ I get the regular size (not the petites). I wear my regular size 4, but most size down.
14) SPANX faux leather leggings / I got these 2 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up for sure. I wear a small in Zella leggings, but I wear a medium in these. Actually, at 5’4″, I wear the medium petite. I wore the regular mediums for years, but I grabbed the petites when they were on sale last fall. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE! Click HERE to see them on me.
15) skinny jeans / Everybody needs a pair of dark wash skinny jeans. These are your jeans. I wear my regular size 4, but a lot of people size down in Wit and Wisdom jeans. These are a great ankle length for flats, booties, and tall boots as well. If you’ve never tried Wit and Wisdom jeans, they are seriously comfy (very stretchy) and incredibly flattering.
16) black jeans / Everybody needs a pair of black jeans too. Again, these are your jeans. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know that 95% of my jeans are from Wit and Wisdom (and for good reason). The brand is my favorite denim brand HANDS DOWN. I wear my regular size 4 in these too, but again, some size down. (To keep these their great black color, I turn them inside out when I wash them. Also, unless they are dirty, I own wash them about every 3-4x I wear them.)
17) MUST HAVE leggings / Y’ALL!!! I was so excited when I saw that the MUST HAVE LEGGINGS are included in the sale this year!!! I named the black ones (really more like a really dark grey) a MUST HAVE back in November of 2022, and then I proceeded to buy a pink pair, a blue pair, and a green pair. Wait, I just remembered that I got a light olive pair too. And I’m not even embarrassed I have so many. Haha! I’m so pumped about the light grey that are in the sale, and there are 2 other colors as well. Click HERE to see them on me at the bottom of the post. These leggings were the #1 READER FAVORITE in all of 2020 and they were in the Top 5 in 2021! And during the sale they will be right under $40! WOW! For size reference, I wear a small in these leggings.
GREAT SALE CATEGORIES
Click HERE for all of the Wit and Wisdom denim options in the sale. SO MANY awesome jeans, many just under $50!
Click HERE for North Face for the whole family.
Click HERE for all Barefoot Dreams pieces in the sale.
Click HERE for all of the Zella pieces in the sale.
Click HERE for all of the Beauty exclusives.
That’s it for today, y’all. I hope today’s post was a great way to get you started.
On Thursday, I’ll be sharing my beauty picks as well as a handful of what I consider to be MUST HAVE items on me.
On Friday, I’ll be sharing tons of pictures of items actually on me with all of my thoughts and fit tips. It’s a big Shopping with Sheaffer post with lots of dressing room pics!
On Saturday, I’ll have my home, shoe, and denim collages!
I understand that his sale is completely overwhelming, but it is definitely my goal to make it more manageable (and more fun)! I would love it if you would leave a comment telling me what your favorite items are and/or if there are certain things you would like to see me review that you didn’t see on today’s post!
Game on, ladies. Now go forth and shop your faces off.