Hey, Girls! Happy Wednesday!
For about a year or so now, at the end of the month, I often share what the most popular items were with y’all for that month.
And then a couple of months ago, I started sharing MY PERSONAL FAVORITES for the month, and y’all loved seeing what items had risen to the top for me personally. I’ve previously just listed out my favorites in a Friday Favorites post, but today my TRIED AND TRUE SUMMER FAVORITES are getting an entire collage and post!
Every single item in this collage is something that I personally own, personally reach for, and HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Most are items that I’ve used and/or worn countless times, and they have stood the test of time for me. A couple of the items are new in that I’ve only had them for a week or two, but they became fast favorites, and I know that I can vouch for them.
- beaded earrings / 2. sea green necklace / 3. lip oil (in “honey glam”) / 4. glow screen / 5. sunglasses / 6. body butter / 7. cognac sandals / 8. studded sandals/ 9. strapless bra/ 10. be kind tee / 11. drawstring shorts/ 12. striped maxi
1. beaded earrings – You can use the code AMERICA to get these beaded beauties for 40% OFF! This is just one of the 6 options, so you can click HERE to see all 6 options on me. These earrings are incredibly light (so light you barely even feel them on), and they are so vibrant and fun!
2. sea green necklace – This sea green necklace has been my favorite addition to my jewelry collection this Summer. It looks pretty on it’s own as well as layered. The shade of green is so pretty and it looks great with almost every outfit I put together. I most often wear it with these satement earrings and this dainty necklace. AND GET THIS! TODAY ONLY the sea green necklace is part of a special BUY 2 for $60 promotion (and the necklace is normally $58)!
3. lip oil (in “honey glam”) – My sister recommended this lip oil to me sometime last year, and I immediately fell in love. It got lost in the bottom of one of my bags, but I found it a couple of months ago and was so excited! It’s high shine (which I love), not sticky, and incredibly moisturizing. I have the Honey Glam. Now that I’ve found it, I’m wearing it every day!
4. Glow Screen – This Glow Screen is my favorite new product, but I’ve been using it for about 2 months now. It’s a primer that has a beautiful tint to it that leaves you with a really pretty and glowy finish! There are many days this summer that it’s been the only “foundation” I wear, and other times I wear it under my Sunshine Drop/Magic Cream combo. It has SPF 40 and hyaluronic acid! And it doesn’t leave you greasy or oily.
5. sunglasses – You’ve been seeing these sunglasses on me (in both black and tortoise) for a couple of months now. I still can’t believe that they are under $13. I love the large frames and think they look much more expensive than they are. Click HERE to see them on me.
6. body butter – Y’all know I’m one of the biggest Colleen Rothschild fans there is. Well, I’m full blown obsessed with the Tahitian Manoi body line. I use the creamy body oil in the shower and the scrub is awesome too, but the body butter is my favorite right now because it’s sooooo creamy and sooooo fragrant. I normally don’t like super fragrant lotions, but this is the exception to the rule. It’s not overwhelming at all, but it does have staying power and it smells AMAZING. How amazing you ask? Well, strangers compliment me on how I smell. I’m not kidding. TREAT YOURSELF! And right now you can use the code FIREWORKS for 20% OFF.
7. cognac sandals – Okay, so I just got these cognac sandals on Saturday. BUT Y’ALL. Less than a week later, and I’m already putting them on my tried and true list! They are that good! I think these are VERY cute and VERY Madewell-esque. The straps have a bit of flex to them and the foot bed is very cushiony! I’ve worn them to walk the dogs now 3 times with no problems. They are a great pair of sandals at a really great price! I’ve actually been really lucky with Amazon sandals that I’ve ordered lately. I also love these patent sandals (size up a 1/2) that come in tons of colors and are a great option to TB Miller sandal. And these leopard flip flops are so flexible and comfy.
8. studded sandals – These studded sandals are FREAKING FABULOUS. I was immediately drawn to the neutral version, but they also come in classic black, a funky clear, and an edgy snakeskin. I don’t usually love a strap across my ankle in a flat sandal because I feel like it cuts me off and makes my legs look short, but that’s not an issue with these at all because of the neutral color! They have a cushioned sole, are true to size for me, and are quite comfortable which is an absolute MUST for me in a shoe. It seems from reading the reviews that if you have a wider foot, you might consider ordering up a 1/2 size. They are different than any sandals I’ve ever owned, AND I LOVE THEM. They’ve added some fun to my wardrobe for sure. I can’t wait to keep styling them. Click HERE to see me feature them last week with the drawstring shorts from the collage.
9. strapless bra – If you’ve been following along for awhile, you’ve been hearing me talk about this bra for at least 5 years now. Listen to me when I say this to you: this strapless bra is the best strapless bra in the history of the world. I’m telling you, there’s not a better one out there. It has nice rounded cups, it stays put, and you won’t find yourself pulling up on it. LIKE EVER. I wear it when I don’t even have to wear a strapless, so that’s saying something.
10. Be Kind tee – Reallllllllllly soft graphic tees have kind of become my thing this Summer. This cream and neon Be Kind tee is one of my favorites. For size reference, I wear a medium in all the graphic tees I’ve ordered. Want more graphic tee ideas? How stinkin’ cute is this Just Peachy tee. THIS LINK has several sunshine themed tees (like “Sunshine and Whisky”, “You are my Sunshine”, and “Sunshine On My Mind”). I also love this Good Vibes muscle tee, this Raise Them Kind tee, and I’m laughing out loud at this It’s Fine, I’m Fine, Everything is Fine tee. Click HERE to see several graphic tees on me.
11. drawstring shorts – These drawstring shorts are my favorite alternative to denim shorts, and I reach for them constantly. First and foremost, they have an elastic waist and are crazy comfy. YES, PLEASE. And always a top priority of mine, they are very flattering. They hang nicely, and I’m a big fan of the relaxed fit. When laundering these shorts, I wash them as normal, and then I hang to dry. Click HERE to see the drawstring shorts on me. I. LOVE. THESE. SHORTS. (Another great pair of shorts I found this month are the city shorts. You can see them on me HERE. They are a bit dressier and have a much more polished look.)
12. striped maxi -I’ve got a perfect maxi for y’all. First of all, it’s ONLY $26. It comes in tons of colors and has excellent reviews. I love that it’s not clingy, but it’s also not boxy at all. It drapes really nicely and is super flattering. The material is soft and light, and it feels great on the skin. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. And get this. IT DOESN’T WRINKLE. I pulled it right out of the package and it looked great. This would be a great little travel dress. Click HERE to see it on me.
The collage was supposed to be today’s entire post, but I got this puff sleeve dress in the mail yesterday, and I couldn’t wait even 24 hours to show you. If you follow me on social media, you got a sneak peek last night.
LADIES! Please listen up before this dress is all gone! IT’S SO DANG GOOD. It’s a playful Dalmatian print, it’s soooooooooo soft, and it has these great little puffed and pleated sleeves. It’s a new release, and I feel confident in saying this is one of those items that is going to fly off the shelves.
The dress is UNDER $40, and it also comes in some solids and some other patterns. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
Here are the sandals that are #7 in the collage!
And for those of you that prefer the mirror selfie, here you go! I’m 5’4″ (with long legs for my height and basically no torso), and the dress hits just at the top of my knee. You seriously you need to try one of these dresses for yourself!
Okay, ladies! That’s it for today!
Did you find something for yourself? If you already own 1 or more of the items in the collage, I would love for you to leave a comment telling me your thoughts!