Y’all. I’M STRAIGHT UP GIDDY.
Remind me to breathe and please fetch me a Dr. Pepper and a taco. It’s GO TIME.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Icon Access Begins NOW.
I’m shopping the sale in person LIKE A FREAKING MACHINE today, so I’ll definitely have more picks for you after I’m able to physically try on the items and as the sale goes on. BUT TODAY IS A REALLY GREAT START! Here’s just a peek…
WHAT CAUGHT MY EYE
The items I’m highlighting today are ones that I have my eye on! I either have these things on my wish list and I’m moving them to my cart today, or I know they are at my local store and I’ll be trying them on today.
Now listen, this collage is a great guide for me, but it’s not set in stone. I won’t be buying and keeping everything in this collage, but these are the items that caught my eye online. I know there will be stuff in the store tomorrow that I’ll end up loving (that’s not even on this collage), but I always start with a list and go from there. On the flip side, there will be things I try on from this collage that I end up not loving, but that’s just how it goes.
I have several (what I consider to be) HIGH DOLLAR items on today’s collage like the diamond necklace, the fashion sneakers, and the TB tote. I won’t buy and keep all of these more expensive items, but I do think I’m going to allow myself to keep 1 of them and I’m excited to get a special item this year!
1) Kendra Scott gold earrings / 2) diamond pendant necklace /3) set of huggie earrings /4) Tory Burch leather tote /5) gold paperclip chain necklace /6) NueLash brow enhancing serum /7) quilted knit jacket / 8) striped pouch / 9) pocket cardigan / 10) puff shoulder cardigan / 11) Madewell cardigan / 12) North Face insulated jacket / 13) leather jacket / 14) fleece jacket / 15) v neck sweater / 16) v neck sweater / 17) funnel neck cashmere tunic / 18) Eileen Fisher knit booties / 19) Edge Lux sneakers / 20) Steve Madden block heel bootie / 21) mules / 22) low top sneaker / 23) Barefoot Dreams pajamas / 24) black raw hem straight leg jeans / 25) floral ruffle shirt dress / 26) straight leg and cuffed hem jeans / 27) nap dress / 28) sweater dress /
1) Kendra Scott gold earrings – The simplicity of these textured earrings are great for everyday wear, but you could also dress them up with a great suit or a little black dress. These are going to be classics that you’ll wear for years to come.
2) diamond pendant necklace – Okay, so this is a splurge, but I think it’s beautiful. Like I said, I’m thinking I’m going to allow myself 1 splurge during the sale, and this might be it. I also love these large diamond hoop earrings.
3) set of huggie earrings – These huggies are so affordable and I love that they are chunky and give you the choice of both regular gold and pave.
5) gold paperclip chain necklace – These paperclip chain necklaces are all the rage right now. For some reason I wasn’t in to them at first, but I’ve gotta say, now I love them! A brand sent me one last week, and now I totally get the hype.
6) NueLash brow enhancing serum – So y’all know I’m a fan of the Nuelash eyelash serum, and I’m excited to give the brow serum a try this year. If you’ve seen any of my makeup posts, I’ve been talking about how I’ve started noticing that my eyebrows have started becoming sparse in areas. I’m hoping this serum might be the answer for me!
7) quilted knit jacket – It’s no secret that I love a good military jacket. I think this is a new and different alternative. I’m not sure if I’m going to love the quilting, but I’m excited to try it.
8) striped pouch – This could be used as a clutch, but I think it’s also going to be a great bag to help me keep things separated in my purse.
9) pocket cardigan – I love this warm “rust spice” color for fall. It will be good with regular denim, black denim, and grey denim.
10) puff shoulder cardigan – A cardigan, but make it more stylish and modern with puff sleeves.
11) Madewell cardigan – Another great cardigan, another great fall color. This heather eggplant cardi is speaking my language.
12) North Face insulated jacket – Water resistant and heat seeking, this jacket will keep you warm and dry. I love that it has zippered pockets to hold your valuables, a hood for when you need it, and elasticized cuffed sleeves to keep your sleeves put. If you don’t need a basic black jacket, #14 is a great option as well!
13) leather jacket – Okay, so I haven’t loved any of the leather jackets available in the sale the last several years, but I’m very hopeful that this one is going to be great. I love the biker styling and the supple leather and the fact that it looks a little distressed. Recommendations are to order up 1 size.
14) fleece jacket – I mean, this jacket is $35.90! I love the color combo of this one (the other choice is seriously questionable), but I think this blue and white is a great option to throw on with athleisure!
15) v neck sweater – Everybody needs a basic black v neck sweater. If you need to update yours, now is the time.
16) v neck sweater – A great ivory sweater is also a necessity.
17) funnel neck cashmere tunic – I cannot wait to try this cashmere tunic. I’m most excited to style it with the Spanx leggings (also in the sale). The funnel neck, the color, the side slit, I LOVE it all.
18) Eileen Fisher knit booties – Okay, so I’m realllllllllllly curious to see these in person and try them on. I love the design, the heel height, and the color….but they are knit. HUH? I didn’t realize that when I was first drawn to them, but I’m still super curious and bet they are super comfortable. I’m interested in the “antelope” color. If they are as comfy as I imagine them to be, I’m getting them.
19) Edge Lux sneakers – I’m a huge fan of the Edge Lux sneaker line. I already have a black pair and a neutral pair, but I’m thinking I need this rose gold pair too!
20) Steve Madden block heel bootie – Love the pointy toe, the stacked block heel, the zippered back, and the neutral color. But most of all, I love the deep cut outs. They’ll look great with cropped jeans and with dresses, but they are also tall enough to wear with my boot cut jeans. I’m hoping to grab the tan suede.
21) mules – These mules are simple, classic, and the perfect transition shoe. They also come in black and a very subtle muted spotted leopard.
22) low top sneaker – Last year I fell in love with fashion sneakers and wore them all the time. I never sprang for Golden Goose or anything, but I did have a couple under $100 pairs that I found myself reaching for constantly. IF these are comfy, they might be coming home with me. I could see these styled with #17 and frayed hem jeans or SPANX leggings. They’d also look great with jeans and a cardi!
23) Barefoot Dreams pajamas – These stopped me in my tracks. A TWO PIECE LOUNGE SET FROM BAREFOOT DREAMS. Yes m’am!!!! I can’t decide between Gray Skies and Ocean, but I feel confident I will own one very soon. Hopefully by the end of the day!
24) black raw hem straight leg jeans – They switched the picture on me for these, and I like the way they look in the picture on the collage better than the one that is currently on the site. Wit and Wisdom sent me a ton of jeans a couple of weeks ago that are in the sale, but somehow these were left out of my package, so I’m super excited to try them. I really hope they have them in store today! I’ve worn the heck out of my Wit and Wisdom black skinny jeans over the last several years, so I’m more than ready for an updated pair.
25) floral ruffle shirt dress – This little floral number looks like the perfect fall dress for me. I love a shift, and I love the pattern and the length of this one. I think it will be so cute paired with the #20 boots. If you’d prefer wearing tall boots, these are fabulous and also in the sale. #sassy
26) straight leg and cuffed hem jeans – These are an updated straight leg jean with a cuffed hem and wide side panels. I’m ready for some new and modern jeans!
27) nap dress – I’ve been seeing nap dresses from high end designers on other influencers all over instagram. I’ve been interested (they seem right up my comfort loving alley), but the designer ones have all been pretty expensive. For $45.90, I’m ready to give this one a try!
28) sweater dress – Gosh, I love a great sweater dress. This one comes in both camel and black, and if I love the fit, I’ll be getting both colors. It’s right under $50, and I think it will be so cute with both booties AND tall boots!
TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITES
In order to streamline your shopping, I thought I would go ahead and post Friday’s post again. These are all of my tried and true favorites. Most of these items are ones I’ve had and loved FOR YEARS. We’re talking tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with.
- baby blardigan / 2. long blardigan / 3. Zella crewneck sweatshirt / 4. SPANX faux leather leggings / 5. Zella cozy wrap jacket / 6. MUST HAVE bra / 7. pajamas / 8. MUST HAVE Itty Bitty Boot Cut Jeans / 9. raw hem straight leg jeans / 10. Must Have jogger leggings / 11. makeup mirror / 12. MUST HAVE undies / 13. Adidas Edge Luxe Sneakers / 14. cz earring set / 15. MUST HAVE strapless bra / 16. MUST HAVE throw
1) baby blardigan – I get a blardigan every single year during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. This year I’m not sure if I’m going to get #1 (the baby blardigan) or #2 (the long blardigan). If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, THIS IS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 8 years ago (which is when I named it a blardigan), and I’ve never looked back.
2) long blardigan – So if you want a blardigan that covers your tush, the long blardigan is for you. I wear all of mine out and about around town, but they are absolutely perfect for just lounging at home too. I put one on almost every single night of my life. A blardigan will improve your quality of life. I know it’s a big claim, but I stand by it.
3) Zella crewneck sweatshirt – I got this sweatshirt (WITH POCKETS!) in a really pale blush pink last fall, but I only showed it like once because it sold out so quickly. I was so excited to see there are several colors available this year in the sale! It is sooooo soft inside and incredibly cozy.
5) Zella cozy wrap jacket – I got this jacket last year and fell in love. It’s got a funnel neck collar, snap closure, and a super cozy fleece lining. I think the relaxed styling is a lot of fun and I absolutely love wrapping up in it. For size reference, I wear an extra small in this jacket, so it runs quite large. I would definitely recommend sizing down a size (or maybe even 2). Click HERE to see me in it.
7) pajamas – I get a pair of these every year. They are so soft, so cute, and launder beautifully. I wear a size small in these pajamas.
8) MUST HAVE Itty Bitty Boot Cut Jeans – LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 5 inches taller? Wit and Wisdom sent me this new wash, and they are the perfect medium wash for Fall.
9) raw hem straight leg jeans – This particular pair is a great medium wash with no distressing. The ankle length is what I prefer because I want to be able to wear them easily with flats and booties. And don’t worry, they have the Ab-Solution technology. #hallelujiah
10) Must Have jogger leggings – Y’ALL!!! I was so excited when I saw that the MUST HAVE LEGGINGS are included in the sale this year!!! I named the black ones (really more like a really dark grey) a MUST HAVE back in November, and then I proceeded to buy a pink pair and a blue pair as well. Wait, I just remembered that I got a light olive pair too. I’m so pumped about the light grey that are in the sale, and there are 2 other colors as well. Click HERE to see them on me at the bottom of the post. These leggings were the #1 READER FAVORITE in all of 2020!!! And during the sale they will be right under $40! WOW!
11) makeup mirror – I bought this last year during the sale and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
12) MUST HAVE undies – GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly placing all of their undies with these babies.
13) Adidas Edge Luxe Sneakers – I have them in black and love them. I also have them in a neutral color, and this year I will be adding this pair that looks kind of like rose gold to me.
14) cz earring set – Nordstrom is known for their really great CZ jewelry. This earring set is stunning.
15) MUST HAVE strapless bra – I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 5 years now, maybe more. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. And I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
16) MUST HAVE throw – Ladies. If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. Otherwise, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and graduation gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. At just under $25, you won’t be able to beat this deal. And seriously, I love them even more than the Barefoot Dreams blankets that are 4x as much. Oh, and they launder PERFECTLY! I’ve washed all of mine countless times and they haven’t lost 1 bit of their softeness.
GREAT SALE CATEGORIES
Click HERE for North Face for the whole family.
Click HERE for all Barefoot Dreams pieces in the sale.
BEAUTY IS AWESOME THIS YEAR! I’ll have all of my personal beauty picks in tomorrow’s post, but I thought you might want to take a look around for yourself now.
That’s it for today, y’all. I hope today’s post was a great way to get you started, but please know on Wednesday I’ll be sharing tons of pictures of items actually on me with all of my thoughts and fit tips. This sale is completely overwhelming, but it is definitely my goal to make it more manageable (and more fun)! I would love it if you would leave a comment telling me what your favorite items are and/or if there are certain things you would like to see me review that you didn’t see on today’s post!
Here’s the schedule for this week (I’m posting all 5 days!) before we get back to regularly scheduled programming next week…
TUESDAY IS THE BEST OF BEAUTY!
WEDNESDAY IS MY FIRST DRESSING ROOM POST!
THURSDAY IS THE BEST OF ACCESSORIES!
FRIDAY IS MORE DRESSING ROOM PICS.
Game on, ladies. Now go forth and shop your faces off.