Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from September.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that ALL but one of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $60, several are under $40, and the accessories are under $20! The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Walmart, Amazon, Social Threads, and Kohl’s.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) bomber jacket / 2) mixed media puff sleeve tee / 3) high collar lululemon sweatshirt dupe / 4) cocoon cardigan / 5) chunky hoop earrings / 6) necklace / 7) Ab-Solution jeans / 8) sneakers (white/black leather)/ 9) hoodie / 10) blazer / 11) chunky heel booties (1-light brown)/ 12) orange leopard cardigan
1) bomber jacket / I feel passionately about y’all trying this shrunken bomber jacket. In fact, it might have been my favorite find from the month. I’ve been singing the praises of my military jackets (yes, I have several) for years and years now, but this is like an updated version. It’s the great muted olive color that functions beautifully as a neutral, but the bomber styling gives it a modern edge. And y’all know when I feel passionately about something I will continue to talk about it again and again.
I styled it several times during September…
I think it’s so cute styled below with ripped up jeans and sneakers.
And how great does it look with black jeans?
Sidenote: If you are in need of a great pair of black jeans, LOOK NO FURTHER. These are the perfect black jeans. Soft, stretchy, and incredibly flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6Petite, but I need a 4P.
And it of course looks great with dark denim, a dark grey sweater, and booties.
2) mixed media puff sleeve tee / This was another personal favorite from the month. I’ve worn it several times already. The body is just a basic soft black tee, BUT THESE SLEEVES. These sleeves, y’all! They are EXTRA in the best way possible. They’ve got a bit of a puff up at the shoulder, and a ruffle under an elasticized band. And oh my word I love the gingham.
THIS TOP IS DARLING. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium (size down if between sizes).
And styled several other ways…
With the best black pants ever…
With black jeans…
And dressed way down with distressed denim and sneakers…
These sneakers that I’m wearing in the outfit above are ON SALE! I got them last year during one of my Target hauls, and I still find myself wearing them quite often. I love the leopard and I think the silver laces are lots of fun! They are a great alternative to a designer sneaker, and right now they are UNDER $20! The reviews are excellent.
3) high collar lululemon sweatshirt dupe / I actually showed three styles of this sweatshirt this month. The one without the hood is in the collage, but there’s also a full zip with a hood and a half zip with a hood.
This is the full zip with the hood, and I feel like I reach for it the most. Its fleece lined, it’s got thumbholes, and it has a really cool collar (seen better on the site). The medium has plenty of room for me, and it’s cropped (like it’s supposed to be), but without being too short. The sweatshirt is quite warm, and it’s so dang cute!
These are the 7/8 leggings that everybody swears are a perfect dupe for the lululemon Align leggings. Now, I wouldn’t know because I’ve never even tried the Aligns, but I do know that I think these are incredible. THEY FEEL LIKE BUTTER. I’m wearing the black, but they come in many colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
And here it is with joggers my new soft fleece joggers. These joggers are incredible. They are a “soft cloud fleece”. I don’t know exactly what that means, but I do know I love it and that they are suuuuuuuuuuuper soft. They aren’t too tight or restrictive, but they are fitted and super flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
Here’s the sweatshirt one more time…
Look how fun these leggings are! I’m wearing the rose/black. I will say, I recommend that when you wear this particular color that you make sure you cover your hiney and crotchal region. I really like the color, but because they are kind of fleshy, I think it’s best practice to have your areas covered. #justlookingoutforyou #peoplewouldtalk For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
4) cocoon cardigan / This batwing cocoon cardigan was one of the Top 3 items in September’s Amazon haul. I ordered it on a whim, and I didn’t even really love it when I took it out of the box. However, the moment I slipped it on I FELL IN LOVE.
I’m wearing the “dark khaki” here and am totally smitten with the color. The forearms are ribbed and fitted, it’s a batwing sleeve, and it’s a cocoon fit. It’s fitted more around the bottom, so it kind of just envelopes you. I think it’s awesome. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
And here’s the same cardi styled again with a rust-colored tee and light wash jeans. I think these leopard mules are the perfect choice for this outfit. Comfy and true to size!
I wore these earrings and this necklace in just about every single outfit in my Amazon haul, and you see them pretty frequently in non-Amazon posts as well. Both the earrings and the necklace are awesome and super affordable pieces of jewelry. I’ve had everything you see here for over a year and the pieces look great with everything.
7) Ab-Solution jeans / I first introduced these jeans to y’all last year, but I featured them again in September’s Amazon Haul and y’all loved them again. These “light blue” jeans (definitely more of a medium wash) are stretchy, flattering, totally comfy, and ON SALE right now for under $60 (and a couple sizes are under $40)! They do have some distressing, but there are no open holes, which I know y’all often request. I’m wearing my regular size 4, but most size down if between sizes. I do wish these were shorter on me (I’m 5’4″ with long legs for my height). As you can see below, I have them cuffed a couple of inches in order to be the perfect ankle length on me. I’m actually considering cutting these off at ankle length for a frayed hem. p.s. They have the Ab-Solution technology we all know and love!
Here they are in a couple of more outfits…
8) sneakers (white/black leather)/ I’m dying because I looked back to see what my Top 12 were last September, and these sneakers were in the top post last September as well! Clearly, these babies have stood the test of time.
Here’s just one outfit I’ve worn them in recently…
The sneakers are cute, comfy, and they look great with leggings, jeans, sneakers, and dresses! I have them in my regular size, but since they are leather they have stretched out a bit over time. I kind of wonder if I should have sized down a 1/2.
9) hoodie /This hoodie has become a fall MUST HAVE for me, and I’m pretty certain if you grab it that it will become a MUST HAVE for you too! I started out with white one last year and I FELL IN LOVE. For size reference, I wear the small.
And right now you can use the code STMT10 to get 10% OFF!
This hoodie is PERFECT for leggings. It’s a little bit longer in the back, it has a banded hem, and it has a cute and flattering fit. It also has a kangaroo pocket and ribbed cuffs on the sleeves. See how the arms are long? That’s because they have thumbholes (you can see me showing them in the picture with the plum hoodie). If I don’t have my thumbs in the thumbholes, I typically turn them up 1 big cuff. My favorite part of the sweatshirt is probably the snap neckline. It just makes it extra cute.
You can see in this picture how I have my thumbs through the thumbholes here. I feel confident that you are going to love it just as much as I do! Again, I’m wearing a small.
I also showed you a similar one from Amazon, and y’all liked it as well! It’s quite similar to the Social Threads tunic sweatshirt highlighted just above, but there are some differences that I want to outline.
This Amazon one is lined with a light fleece, so it’s actually a bit cozier than the Social Threads version. HOWEVER, I do think the Social Threads one is a bit more flattering. Also, the Amazon version’s pockets are smaller and not really very functional because it’s hard to actually get your hands in them easily.
Still, even with the pitfalls of the Amazon one, I still really like it. And I really love this color. It’s a bit more affordable, so that’s another check in the PRO column too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. I wear a small in the Social Threads one.
10) blazer / This blazer is FABULOUS! This is the famous Gibson blazer that I’ve shown in year’s past in both black and in red, but how amazing is the new navy with the wine colored-lining! If you aren’t familiar with this blazer, it’s a soft knit and oh so stretchy. It’s the most comfortable and the most flattering blazer I’ve ever tried on. It’s an awesome piece, and I’m so happy to have it in my closet. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I love it styled here with a basic white tee, distressed jeans, and fashion sneakers.
Here’s the site info: Classic blazer in a soft knit fabrication. Features a notch collar, one-button closure, flap pockets and a tailored fitted silhouette. Pair with slacks, jeans or wear over a dress! Lined.
And you can use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF of your entire purchase!
11) chunky heel booties (1-light brown)/ This is my 2nd year with these booties, and I still love them. I think the chunky heel is great, and the deep cut on the sides is flattering to the foot. I wear them with jeans and dresses. Oh, and they zip up the back, so they are super easy to get off and on. I don’t wear socks with them. True to size for me.
It has a bit of stretch in it, and it’s very comfy. I was unsure about the colors when I ordered it, but I absolutely love the colors in person. Officially, this one is called “orange”, but I’m not typically an orange person and I still love these colors and this pattern. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
If you don’t care for this pattern or these colors, the link has TONS of options including lots of solids.
WALMART WAS THE TOP POST IN SEPTEMBER
Also in the Top 12 was this pullover from Walmart, but I didn’t include it in the collage because it’s basically sold out.
This mixed media hoodie was an awesome find, and a couple of sizes and colors are available again, so I wanted to post it again in case you missed out on it the first time. As the site says, it’s “part sweater, part sweatshirt, and totally fabulous“. For what it’s worth, I do consider it to be much more sweatshirt than sweater.
The relaxed and oversized fit speaks to my heart. And while I’ll wear it with jeans as well, my favorite way to style it will be with leggings. For size reference, I’m actually wearing a large. I follow another influencer who is teeny tiny, and she sized up to a medium to get the fit she wanted, so I figured a large would be good for me. The shoulders are big, but I still liked the super generous sizing for this particular item.
I had soooooo many pieces on that post, but I think this was my favorite. The cardi is just a total classic. And I love the jeans and lug boots too!
And just fyi, based upon clicks, my Walmart post was the most popular post of the entire month! Their fashion buyer is KILLING IT right now, so I’m not surprised. I’m actually taking pics for my next Walmart post this morning, and I cannot wait to show you my new finds like this pink raglan popover (the reviews are near perfect), this puff sleeve sweatshirt (in the abstract pattern), and this $15 sweater (I got the pink stripes) just to name a few.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at September’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!