This post is sponsored by Nordstrom Rack and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote pieces that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
It’s CHRISTMAS WEEK!!!
I hope everybody has all of their names crossed off their lists and all of their presents beautifully wrapped and under the tree.
I MEAN, I don’t. But I sure hope y’all do.
We’re spending the week over here soaking up all sorts of family time. Think twinkle lights, Christmas movies, game nights, and pie. Lots and lots of pie. #tistheseason
Today we are going to take a break from all things Christmas, and we are going to look a little bit ahead to New Year’s Eve. Just like Christmas, New Year’s Eve is going to look quite a bit different for most of us this year. I’m guessing that the majority of us are going to be spending a nice quiet night at home. And if I know my family, there’s a possibility we might not even make it till midnight. Haha!
With the thought that many of you will also be ringing in the new year at home, I decided to put together a fun collage of items that could help make your New Year’s Eve (at home) the best year yet, and maybe even a little special!
1) beverage infuser / 2) This Calls For Confetti glass / 3) pave star necklace / 4) slippers / 5) men’s lounge sweatshirt / 6) fresh cream and mint body spray / 7) two tier stand / 8) candle holder / 9) wifey hubby glasses / 10) What Do You Meme / 11) best throw ever / 12) ice cream maker / 13) men’s slippers / 14) man’s robe / 15) men’s lounge pants / 16) 5 Second Rule / 17) champagne glasses / 18) chocolate fondue fountain / 19) lounge cardigan / 20) pajamas
1) beverage infuser / I know lots of us are going to be spending New Year’s Eve with our kids this year. Fill this up with some sort of party beverage for the kid’s drink station. Make them feel special!
2) This Calls For Confetti glass / How cute and festive are these little glasses. I LOVE the confetti! And I tell you what, saying goodbye to 2020 CALLS FOR CONFETTI, am I right?
3) pave star necklace / This sparkly little necklace caught my eye! This year, wear it with your cozy pajamas. Hopefully next year you’ll be wearing it with a fancy dress and heels.
4) slippers / Speaking of heels, this year there will be lots of ladies out there trading in their heels for slippers. If we’re honest, I’ve been in slippers for the last several New Year’s celebrations, so this is nothing new for me. These slippers come in several colors and they are UNDER $15! I’m hard on my slippers, so I typically start out every year with a new pair.
5) men’s lounge sweatshirt / If spending a cozy night in with your man, have him cute and comfy in this lounge sweatshirt. And check out the joggers too (#15).
6) fresh cream and mint body spray / I mean, even if you are at home in pajamas, you want to smell nice. Haha!
7) two tier stand / Maybe your evening at home starts with a nice charcuterie? Fill this two tiered stand with cheese, meets, nuts, and dried fruit for a nice little date night at home.
8) candle holder / If it’s a romantic night at home, it will definitely call for candles. This holder is perfectly rustic and absolutely beautiful.
9) wifey hubby glasses / These glasses are adorable.
10) What Do You Meme / As soon as I saw this, I ordered it for our house. Our New Year’s Eve will definitely consist of some games, and I’ve heard great things from friends about this one! From what I gather, there are some things that aren’t age appropriate for the younger ones, so plan on playing this one after the kids go to bed.
11) best throw ever / Well, I’ve been talking about this throw for years now. It truly is THE BEST THROW EVER. It’s back up to regular price at Nordstrom right now, but its ONLY $24.97 at the Rack. If you’re buying it for your own home, buy at least two. I’m not kidding. Kids will gladly snuggle up with you under this blanket, which is one of the reasons that qualifies it as THE BEST. Also good to know is that people will fight over this blanket. And not just the kids. Until we had enough to go around, Chris and I would have words about who got the soft blanket and who got the scratchy blanket.
12) ice cream maker / You might not be at a fancy restaurant this year or partying it up with friends, but it doesn’t mean you can’t make your own ice cream at home! Now that’s a party.
13) men’s slippers / Your man is going to need awesome slippers to go with his awesome loungewear.
14) man’s robe / If you’re celebrating Hugh Hefner style, get your man this robe. #fancy
15) men’s lounge pants / Does your guy love a great pair of comfy pants? These look perfect!
16) 5 Second Rule / If kids are going to be part of your NYE at home, 5 Second Rule is a great game for ages 10 and up. Pick a card, read the seemingly easy topic, then start the timer! After the timer stops, you’ve only got 5 seconds to name 3 things that fit the topic. Family fun for everybody! And although it says 10 and up, I think some 6 and 7 year olds could definitely play.
17) champagne glasses / Let’s all ring in 2021 with a hopeful toast! If kids are a part of your celebration, fill with sparkling cider!
18) chocolate fondue fountain / Y’all. It’s a chocolate fondue fountain. HOW FUN IS THIS. For ONLY $40, this would be such a great way to make your night at home a little special. Adults and kids alike will love this! Get strawberries, all types of fruits, marshmallows, graham crackers, whatever your heart desires and just bathe it all in chocolate!
19) lounge cardigan / This reminds me very much of our much beloved Barefoot Dreams blardigan. It’s cute and looks SO cozy. Wear with jeans and a tee, or throw it over a pair of great pajamas. (You can click HERE for all things Barefoot Dreams at Nordstrom Rack.)
20) pajamas / Speaking of great pajamas, I love the color of these. They are under $3o and have great reviews.
That’s it for today, y’all! Short and sweet!
I hope you got some ideas for your own NYE celebrations, and I hope everybody is able to make this year special! After all, you don’t need sequins and fanfare to ring in the new year, you just need the people you love the most. And maybe a chocolate fondue fountain and new pajamas.