Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from January. Actually, I’m going to share your Top 13… let’s just consider it a bonus.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Amazon, Social Threads, and Colleen Rothschild. And besides the shoes, everything that made the Top 12 is below $100.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) batwing cardigan / 2) striped mixed media top / 3) frayed hem ankle jeans / 4) face oil #9 / 5) woven bag / 6) earrings / 7) tote with chain / 8) white boot cut jeans / 9) denim jacket / 10) spring sweater / 11) fashion sneakers / 12) On Cloud sneakers / 13) camo pants
1) batwing cardigan / I’m pretty obsessed with this sweater. If you remember, this is how I styled it the first time I showed it. Officially this one is called “red/orange”, but I think it’s a very true red. And it comes in 16 color options, so there’s truly something for everybody! I really want the khaki one too. This cardi is a chunky knit and a mid-weight. It’s a batwing design, but you can see how the lower arms are super fitted, so it doesn’t look sloppy. I love the slouchy fit. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
batwing cardigan / crew neck tee / blingy heart earrings / similar cross necklace / Mother jeans / white sneakers
2) striped mixed media top / HOW CUTE IS THIS mixed media top! It’s got some nautical vibes with the stripes and the cutest little chambray ruffle puff sleeves you ever did see. The body is a thick knit, and it’s a structured and slightly boxy silhouette. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. Use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF.
mixed media top / earrings / white boot cut jeans / wedges
3) frayed hem ankle jeans / Let’s talk about the jeans. These aren’t new to me. I loved them last year, and I love them this year. To me, they are like if a skinny jean and a straight jean had a baby. And they have the ‘Ab’solution technology that slims, shapes and lifts in all the right places! They aren’t super fitted on the calf or around the ankle, and the ankle has a little split on the side. They are great with sneakers, sandals, booties, flats, wedges, whatever! These are great for spring and summer because I love to have just a tiny bit of ankle showing. I do suggest sizing down. I’m wearing a size 2. THESE ARE AWESOME JEANS. They have the perfect amount of stretch.
zip up sweatshirt / jeans / sneakers
Here’s a close up look at the jeans. Again, I’m wearing a size 2.
4) face oil #9 / The Face Oil #9 used to be too much for my skin, but now I can’t imagine it not being a part of my nightly routine. Colleen touts it as the ultimate in skin luxury, and I have to agree. It improves radiance. RADIANCE! Who doesn’t want to increase their radiance?!? And although I use it all year long, I NEED it during the winter months. Since using it, I haven’t had to battle dry or flaky skin even once. I put 1 full pump in my hand with the Extreme Recovery Cream (also seen below) or my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream and apply it all over my face and neck. It hydrates and plumps like nothing else I’ve ever used. The Extreme Recovery Cream is thick, rich, and ultra-creamy. My skin absolutely drinks this special little cocktail up.
And I’m not the only one that swears by it in my family. My mom and sister do as well. Actually, they are both devoted users of many products in the line. My mom did a full review of her favorite products awhile back, and you can click HERE to read all of her thoughts. She’s added in new products since then, but it’s a comprehensive review of her routine at the time. My mom is in her mid 70s and looks AMAZING, so copying her skincare routine wouldn’t be such a bad idea.
Face Oil #9 / Extreme Recovery Cream
In fact, I had tons of readers order Colleen’s products for the first time this month due to a facebook post I shared about my mom!
So this is my super cute mom. I posted this last year right after she came over one day to help me clean out my closet, and she was super excited about my haul. She looks FANTASTIC, right? She’s 75 in this picture (now 76) and she almost exclusively uses Colleen Rothschild skincare products.
Her new favorite find is the Age Renewal Super Serum. She swears that the deep smile lines she has on each side of her face have been greatly reduced after she started using the serum. She said she can still see them, but she can’t feel them like she used to. (She says she used to run her fingers over her face while watching t.v., and she could feel them. But not anymore!)
The Face Oil #9 is also one of her ride or die products. The oil keeps her skin moisturized, hydrated, and so supple! She talks about her skin CRAVING the oil, and she credits the use of it to the overall health and appearance of her skin. That’s saying something, y’all! And seriously, you need to go read the reviews on the site. There are 453 reviews, with an average of 4.9 stars.
My mom used to not bat an eye at spending serious bucks on skincare. Like, SERIOUS bucks. She felt like her skin was important and it was worth the money to take care of it. After my dad retired, she started to become more mindful about the money she was spending and ended up sacrificing product quality. She started to realize that her skin wasn’t looking as great as it had in the past. Enter, Colleen.
The CR products revived her skin like 5 years ago, AND SHE CONTINNUES TO BE A DEVOTED USER. She credits the hair products for changing her hair too! She says her hair was starting to look dry and old, but not anymore!
BOTTOM LINE: THESE PRODUCTS WORK.
Shop everything right now for 20% OFF with the code STMT20!!!
One more idea…
If my mom’s pictures and testimonials have convinced you to finally try the brand but you don’t know where to start…
You need to grab The Discovery Collection. It’s the perfect way to try 6 of Colleen’s most loved products! You can’t use my code on it, but it’s on SPECIAL DEAL right now anyway! Regularly $95, you can get it right now for ONLY $64! Head to the site to see what all it includes and read the reviews.
5) woven bag / When I ordered this brown tote, I had high hopes, but I was afraid it was going to maybe look or feel plastic-y. It doesn’t at all! It’s a pliable vegan leather that’s very soft and it fits comfortably over my shoulder. It doesn’t have any interior pockets, but it does come with a large zippered pouch. I love it in the cognac, but it also comes in taupe, creamy white, black, and silver.
white button up / Mother jeans / chunky heel booties (1-light brown)/ hobo tote bag
6) earrings / LOOK! HOW! DARLING! Lightweight, super colorful, and totally whimsical! They are definitely going to be my GO TO earring all spring and summer long.
Here they are on me…
multi-tweed crewneck sweater / earrings / similar heart necklace / braclets / jeans / sneakers
7) tote with chain / This bag was definitely one of my personal favorite finds of the month. I may or may not have squealed when I first opened the box. #okayidid
pleated shoulder sweater / black bag / Mother jeans / chunky heel booties (1-light brown)
This bag reminds me very much of a much more expensive Stella McCartney bag. The Stella version is just over $1,000, but my bag is UNDER $40!
This bag somehow manages to be chic, classy, and edgy all at once.
black bag / Mother jeans / chunky heel booties (1-light brown)
8) white boot cut jeans / I first showed you these white boot cut jeans last year, and I’m still wearing the heck out of them and still loving them. They are stretchy, comfy, and flattering as all get out. As I say every single time, you will look taller and skinnier than you already are when you put these babies on. 😉 Make sure you size down in these, I’m wearing a 2.
About the top… Y’all know I’m a sucker for embroidery. This blouse is one of my favorite kind of blouses. Loose, a tiny bit flowy, and just plain pretty. I love the colors, the elasticized cuffs of the sleeves, and of course the colorful embroidered flowers. Leave it out, or do a 1/2 tuck, whatever! Use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF.
embroidered blouse / earrings / white boot cut jeans / wedges
9) denim jacket / This denim jacket is from Kut from the Kloth, y’all. And if you’re an OG follower of this blog, you might remember that the very first item that I ever named a MUST HAVE was a Kut from the Kloth denim jacket almost 10 years ago now! Kut really knows how to make a denim jacket. This one has a bit more structure than other denim jackets I’ve recently highlighted in the past, but I think it will soften up after some washings. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
denim jacket / sweater / earrings / white boot cut jeans / wedges
10) spring sweater / This is my idea of spring sweater PERFECTION. I love the colors, the wide stripes, the swingy fit, and the ribbed collar, cuffs, and hem. It’s lightweight, feels great on, and is just the type of sweater I like to wear with ankle jeans and sneakers in the spring. Talk about a spring uniform! I think it looks great for a super casual look with these sneakers we’ve all been obsessing over all week, but it would also look great with a pair of Dolce Vita fashion sneakers. If you want to dress it up, style it with white boot cut jeans and some neutral wedges.
After showing the sweater on facebook last week, there were some questions about the colors of the stripes. I would say the stripes are a vibrant orange and a realllllllly light blush (which I know is hard to read in the below picture). I love the color combo. It’s so fresh!
sweater / earrings / similar heart necklace / bracelets / jeans / sneakers (use code HONEY15 for $15 OFF)
11) fashion sneakers / These sneakers are really comfy and a great neutral! I’m wearing the “white/tan leather”. Last year I purchased the “white/black leather”, and I love those too. I still wear the white/black ones frequently and can vouch for the fact that they are super comfy. True to size for me.
See! Perfectly neutral, but with a little bit of tone on tone interest.
12) On Cloud sneakers /So these are the sneakers we’ve all been going crazy over the last couple of weeks. I first featured them at Nordstrom, but they were sold out. 🙁 You can now find them HERE, fully stocked (with free shipping). And you can use the code HONEY15 for $15 off $150 or more.
And if you just prefer to order from Nordstrom (because of saved credit info., I get it), some sizes are available again HERE.
Runner-tech construction brings all-day performance to a sneaker set on springy cushioning that keeps you moving wherever your feet take you.
True to size for me.
SO comfortable and crazy cute. I’m in love with the colors. They look great with jeans too. And check out the laces. They are like little bungee cords, so you just slip them on and off!
leopard strap / Daily leggings / sneakers
I shared the sneakers on facebook last week , and I received TONS of great feedback!
READER REVIEWS LEFT ON MY FACEBOOK POST:
Yep! I started wearing these when they gave 50% discounts during the beginning of COVID for healthcare workers. Now I have 4 pairs and refuse to wear a different shoe, especially while working a 12 hour shift in the hospital. – Rebecca S.
I walked around NYC in mine and my feet didn’t hurt. – Amy R.
I work in health care with kids and these are my all day, every day work shoes! I slip my shoes off/on a lot when playing on the floor with babies and love that they slide on without the heal collapsing! – Leah M.
I travel in them! Especially great for Europe when you do a ton of walking! Cute with joggers, shorts, and even a casual dress! – Rachel K.
My husband loves his! All the doctors and nurses in the NICU were wearing them this summer while we were there with our daughter and they raved about how comfortable they are for 12 hour shifts. – Jen
I have these in another color – I get SOOO MANY compliments from the younger people! High school kids tell me they love my shoes! #yesplease
I have a lis franc injury and have been told that I can never go barefoot or wear shoes without support. With that being said… these don’t have the most support. I put my Superfeet inserts in these and they work just fine! Because they don’t “tie,” they don’t offer the most side support. But I have worn these all over New York on a trip and my feet felt great! – Melinda P.
I put miles on mine recently when I toured Israel … they are the BEST – Stacy H.
And those were just some of the comments! Clearly, it’s not just me that loves these shoes!
13) camo pants / This is an outfit that should definitely be one of your spring uniforms. An outfit that is a total no-brainer to put on and feel cute! I’m so happy to have these camo pants in my closet. Just like the jeans, they too have the ‘Ab’solution technology that holds you in while still allowing you to breathe. You’ll be comfy and you’ll feel skinny. Two of my favorite things. For size reference, I’m wearing a 4.
denim jacket / white tee / camo pants / sneakers
Here’s a close up!
My most popular post of the month was the Nordstrom athleisure post. However, the sales were spread out over many of the items I highlighted that day, so none of them emerged as a top pick. Click HERE for the post.
The performance joggers are a Top 5 pick for me each and every month all year long. And the Daily leggings are my new favorite leggings.
And one of my personal favorite posts for the month was the Walmart athleisure post! I couldn’t believe how incredible the deals were, and the clothes were SO CUTE! Click HERE for the post.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at December’s Top 12 picks. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!
The multi tweed sweater is perfection and I can see why it made it to your top 12! The colors are absolutely beautiful and very eye catching. And how cute is that tote with chain bag? Very good deal indeed!
Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
Erika Slaughter says
Still eyeing those sneakers!
Shay Shull says
Your mama is SO STINKIN’ CUTE!
The jean jacket is PERFECT. I received it a few days ago and have been wearing it every day (I should probably stop) – ha!
Yay! So happy you love it, Abby! xoxo
Katie Compton says
Do you spray your fashion sneakers with a weather protectant? If so do you recommend one? I have the same ones and I just want to make the “elements” don’t ruin them!! p.s. Can you tell I don’t have a lot of expensive shoes? Haha!
I don’t, Katie! Sorry I’m no help! xoxo