FIRST THINGS FIRST, Y’ALL.
If you didn’t see yesterday’s post, head there right now. It’s an EPIC dressing room post with tons of outfits I styled, all with pieces from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! I give a super thorough review and fit tips for all of the BEST OF THE BEST NSale items, and it’s my hope that the post helps make your shopping experience EASY and FUN!
I actually have another big dressing room post tomorrow, but today we are breaking down some of my finds in some more categories.
Wait! Before we get to the NSale categories, I’ve got a HUGE DEAL to share with you that I just stumbled upon this morning! I’M SO PUMPED.
I had so many readers that were so bummed that they missed the Dyson deal I shared a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve got great news! I just stumbled upon the RED one ON SALE TODAY! (Red one not pictured, but you can see it in video on site.)
YOU GUYS! If you’ve always wanted a Dyson stick vacuum, TODAY IS THE DAY! It’s regularly between like $530-$599 depending on the retailer…. BUT TODAY IT’S $329.99! (PLEASE EXCUSE THE SPACING ISSUE ON THE REST OF THE INFO ABOUT THE VACUUM. I’VE TRIED TO FIX IT, BUT NO LUCK.)
OKAY! BACK TO THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!
BEST OF DENIM
There’s A TON OF DENIM in this year’s sale, including a huge selection of designer denim (AG, Paige, Mother, etc.). But true to what you usually see from me, Wit and Wisdom jeans are at the top of my list! Out of the 9 pairs of jeans in the collage below, 7 pairs are from Wit and Wisdom. There’s just no beating the fit and the comfort for me. I’m not kidding, if jeans don’t have the appropriate amount of stretch in the waistband, I’M OUT. Wit and Wisdom jeans have spoiled me forever. You’ll see some close ups of jeans in styled outfits on tomorrow’s post, and you can of course see me in several pairs in yesterday’s post as well.
1) dark wash itty bitty boot cut jeans / 2) dark wash skinny jeans / 3) lighter wash raw hem skinny jeans / 4) AG high waist skinny jeans / 5) medium wash raw hem slim jeans / 6) raw hem straight leg jeans / 7) medium wash itty bitty boot cut jeans / 8) cuffed straight leg jeans with side panel / 9) black raw hem ankle jeans /
1) dark wash itty bitty boot cut jeans / If you’ve never tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans, you need to fix that immediately. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, they make you look 5 pounds skinnier and 2 inches taller. FOR REAL. This dark wash pair is perfect for the office and for date night. They dress up so easily and look awesome with a pair of heels. At 5’4″, they are the perfect length for me to wear with like a 3 inch wedge or bootie.
2) dark wash skinny jeans / These are the perfect pair of dark wash skinny jeans that are clean without any distressing AT ALL. They are stretchy, comfy, and figure flattering.
3) lighter wash raw hem skinny jeans / These jeans are a great light to medium wash that you can wear right now all the way into Fall. They’ve got a cute little split hem with a subtle fray. They are great with booties and flats, but super cute worn casually with sneakers! I’m wearing them on Wednesday’s post with the mustard sweater and Tory Burch sneakers and the Madewell pin stripe button up and booties.
4) AG high waist skinny jeans / This is a pair of high rated designer denim from the sale. I have a pair of AG skinny jeans from years ago that I still love, and this pair is very similar to those.
5) medium wash raw hem slim jeans / These are the perfect medium wash with the perfect amount of distressing for me. Just enough distressing to add some interest, but there’s not any full blown rips or holes.
6) raw hem straight leg jeans / These are more of a straight leg than a skinny leg, and they look good worn straight as well as cuffed. You’ll see them in Friday’s post.
7) medium wash itty bitty boot cut jeans / So, if I had to pick 1 pair of itty bitty boot cut jeans, I would pick these. The wash makes them appropriate for year round wear, and they are always perfect for a date night or a girl’s night out. I wear my regular size 4 in these jeans, but if your waist is between sizes (mine is not), I would definitely size down.
8) cuffed straight leg jeans with side panel / I’m wearing these jeans in Wednesday’s post with all of the Madewell cardigans. They have a wide panel down the side of the jeans that adds a fun and modern design element. Get a good look at the side panel with the side view on the site. These are more of a girlfriend fit, and I would recommend sizing down 1. I’m wearing the 4 in the pics in yesterday’s post, but I could definitely wear a 2 in these.
9) black raw hem ankle jeans / These jeans look like jeans, but they feel like jeggings. They are soooooooo stretchy and comfy. On Wednesday’s post, you can see them on me in my outfit with the bobble sleeve sweater and the black sweater with the white and pearl neck. I’m 5’4″ and wearing the 4P, and they are perfect for booties and tall boots, but the petites are too short for me to wear with flats and sneakers.
BEST OF SHOES
When I first looked at the shoes online, I wasn’t super excited. But after I hit up the shoe department in person, I changed my tune! The shoes are really great this year.
1) over the knee boot / 2) buckle booties / 3) cut out booties / 4) black mules / 5) pointed toe mule with chain / 6) knit booties / 7) sneakers / 8) Ugg bootie / 9) Tory Burch sneakers / 10) wedge high top sneakers
1) over the knee boot / My goodness, I sure do love these over the knee boots. They are very comfy, they have a padded foot bed, and they have a zipper on the side that makes putting them on and pulling them off super easy. There were actually a couple of other boots I tried on, but they didn’t have the side zippers and they were soooo hard to get on. That’s gonna be a no for me, dog. On Thursday’s post you can see them styled with a black sweater dress, and Friday you’ll see them styled with skinny jeans. They are a great looking boot AND they are waterproof! I would suggest sizing up a 1/2.
2) buckle booties / I love the buckle, I love the distressed look, and I love the short heel. I bought these on Monday, but I don’t know yet if I’m going to keep these or the #6s. They didn’t have the #6s at my store, but I ordered them and they arrived yesterday. The #6s are great too, but I’m only going to keep 1 of them. I’ll keep you posted. Both are true to size for me.
3) cut out booties / I’m really hoping that these Steve Madden block heel booties are stocked very deeply, because I’m quite certain they are going to be one of the most popular items of the sale. I picked the “tan suede” (it’s a perfect neutral), but they also come in grey suede and a natural snake print. I love the pointy toe, the block heel, and the deep cut out (so flattering). I bought them for myself, and y’all know I wouldn’t get them if they weren’t comfy!!! They also have a zipper up the back to make putting them on and taking them off so easy. I’m imagining that popular sizes are going to start selling out very soon. True to size for me.
4) black mules / These weren’t at my store, so I haven’t seen them in person, but these are a classic mule FOR JUST UNDER $40! They also come in a neutral and a very subtle spotted animal print.
5) pointed toe mule with chain / This pointed toe mule is possibly my biggest surprise of the sale. I saw them online and wasn’t interested at all. I thought the chain was too big and too shiny, and I just didn’t like them. And then I saw them in person. They are DARLING. I mean, SERIOUSLY DARLING. I bought the tweed for myself, but I wouldn’t mind having the neutral and the pink as well. It’s a great little shoe. I got my regular size, but I would size up a 1/2 if between sizes.
6) knit booties / I fell in love with the shape and style of these booties and then I realized they are knit and I wasn’t so sure. Still, I was intrigued enough to order them for myself since they weren’t at my store. They arrived yesterday, and they are super cool and very comfy! I’m going to wear them around the house a bit and then I’ll decide if I’m going to keep them or #2.
7) Edge Lux sneakers / There are a TON of sneakers in the sale, but my heart belongs to these rose gold sneakers. Y’all know I own several pair of these Edge Lux sneakers and think they are awesome. I just couldn’t say no to these that look like rose gold to me. They are suuuuuuuuuuuuuper comfy and look great! True to size for me.
8) Ugg bootie / I still have AND LOVE my UGG wedge booties from several years ago and have no idea why they don’t still make them because they are AWESOME. I love wearing them all fall and winter long, and if I didn’t have those, I would definitely get these. I saw them in person and they are super cute.
9) Tory Burch sneakers / So these Tory Burch sneakers weren’t on my radar at all. You might remember that I actually had these fashion sneakers on my collage on Monday, but I tried them on in store and they were way too wide and chunky looking on my feet. These are much more feminine and I love how neutral they are. And yes, they are very comfortable. I would recommend sizing up a 1/2.
10) wedge high top sneakers / I tried these on and really loved them. However, instead of tying the laces, I stuck the laces inside because I felt like they were a distraction. If I were to buy these shoes (I don’t need them because I already have a couple pairs of wedge sneakers), I would cut the laces off very short and tie them off (to make them look like Golden Goose laces). True to size for me.
BEST OF BAGS AND ACCESSORIES
I was really pleased with the accessories in the sale this year, and I thought there were some great bags as well. I’ll be sharing several bags in tomorrow’s post, including this neutral Kurt Geiger cross body that I saw in person AFTER I had this collage made. They are some great Tory Burch crossbody bags too.
1) Kate Spade glitter stud earrings / 2) Tory Burch leather tote / 3) huggie earring set / 4) initial pendant necklace / 5) Kendra Scott bead and pearl layered necklace / 6) drop earrings / 7) Marc Jacobs wallet / 8) large diamond hoops / 9) opal dot necklace / 10) Clare V crossbody / 11) chain necklace / 12) circle stud earrings / 13) backpack / 14) Quay sunglasses / 15) small bar necklace / 16) palm coin pendant / 17) diamond pendant necklace / 18) leather pouch / 19) 22″ Inch Spinning Suitcase /
1) Kate Spade glitter stud earrings / These glitter studs have been around for years, and they are just as good as when they first came on the scene. And for ONLY $15.90, they make EXCELLENT gifts!
2) Tory Burch leather tote / This tote is GORGEOUS. It’s big, but not too big, and it’s perfectly neutral.
3) huggie earring set / I absolutely love huggie earrings. I hate it when I have an earring post that pokes me while I’m on the phone, and huggie earrings eliminate that issue. This set of two (one blingy and one classic gold) is awesome! When I got these yesterday, the blingy earrings were having difficulty clicking in and locking in, but Chris pushed the post down just a hair and they clicked in perfectly.
4) initial pendant necklace / I’ve seen this on a lot of other influencers and really like it, so I ordered the “S” for me. The sale price was just too good.
5) Kendra Scott bead and pearl layered necklace / This necklace is so colorful, so pretty, and I love that it takes all of the guess work out of layering necklaces.
6) drop earrings / So these earrings were actually a disappointment when I saw them in person because they were much smaller than I was anticipating. They are pretty, so if you like a small earring, you will love these. I was just expecting a chunkier earring.
7) Marc Jacobs wallet / A classic black Marc Jacobs wallet for almost $100 OFF? Sounds like a deal to me.
8) large diamond hoops / Well, I didn’t move fast enough on these because they’re gone. Click HERE for a smaller version of the same earrings.
9) opal dot necklace / I’m wearing this in almost every single one of my outfit pictures yesterday. It’s the shorter necklace I’m wearing, and it’s so delicate and pretty. It layers beautifully with #16.
10) Clare V crossbody / I’ve admired Clare V bags for years, and although this one sold out yesterday, you can click HERE to see other Clare V bags in the sale. The tote is fabulous.
11) chain necklace / This necklace is chunky, simple, and totally on trend. It’s a great deal for only $24.90!
12) circle stud earrings / Soooooo…some reviews have popped up since I picked these for the collage. I love the look of them, but apparently several people have had issues with the crystals falling out. Order with caution.
13) backpack / I’ve never owned a backpack purse before, but I must say I’m intrigued. I certainly love being hands free, so I’m considering giving a backpack bag a try. I like the simplicity of this one.
14) Quay sunglasses / I’m a Quay lover, and $35.90 is a fantastic price for these cat eye sunnies.
15) small bar necklace / This bar necklace has been a classic for years.
16) palm coin pendant / I’m wearing this necklace in almost all of my outfit pictures in yesterday’s post. The chain is so delicate and the entire necklace is just lovely.
17) diamond pendant necklace / I really wanted to see this necklace in person, but it sold out before I got the chance. Click HERE for all other Monica Vinader pieces in the sale.
18) leather pouch / Love the print and the size of this little pouch. It could be carried as a small clutch, or it could be used to just help organize your bigger bag.
19) 22″ Inch Spinning Suitcase / I was so excited to see this rolling spinner suitcase in the sale this year. I got a Calpak carry on from Nordstrom last year when they had a leopard one that randomly went on sale, and I’ve been SO HAPPY with it! Mine has a zipper close on each side, and it looks like this one only has a zipper close on 1 side, but that seems to be the only difference (besides the pattern). This is such a great price for under $100! Click HERE for all luggage in the sale.
That’s all for today, y’all! Tomorrow is another HUGE dressing room day with lots more great finds. See you back here tomorrow!
You do the best job of picking out and describing great finds. I only hope the inventory will hold up for purchases tomorrow. I just hate that most items sell out so quickly especially after all the work you put into it. The majority of my wish list is from your picks. Thank you for the hard work you put into this sale.
Thank you SO MUCH, Beth! I think the only things I’ve seen totally sell out so far (that I’ve talked about) are the silky Barefoot Dreams pajamas and the pinstriped Madewell button up. I’m reallllllllllllly hoping that most of the items will still be available tomorrow! Good luck and happy shopping!!! xoxo
Jan Fisher says
Great post. I appreciate all the work you do to bring us so many options! Wit and Wisdom needs to get with the program and offer their jeans in long! They do petite…what about the taller girls!!!??? Maybe suggest?
Getting ready to head to Nordstrom tomorrow when I can shop and can’t wait to try some of the things you’ve highlighted!
Thanks again for all your work!!!
Hey, Jan! I hear this a lot! They do actually have 1 pair of jeans in the sale that is designated as “long” if you search “wit and wisdom anniversary sale”. The specific page mentions an extra long inseam, and you can find them here: https://shopstyle.it/l/bwkMs Hope this helps! xoxo
Julie Bradford says
just ordered the vacuum!!!! I have been needing a new one and I wanted a Dyson but didn’t wanna pay $550-600 so thank you!!!!!!
got my Nordstrom wish list set too so I can spend $$$ tomorrow!!!!!! woo hoo!! getting Christmas gifts DONE!
You’re going to LOVE IT , Julie! Every single time we use it we talk about how awesome it is! xoxo