Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your
Top 12 Top 10 picks from June.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 10 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 10 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all but one of the items are UNDER $80, the majority are under $50, and there are even several under $30 and a couple under $15! The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Madewell, Amazon, and Walmart!
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) square neck mini dress / 2) flutter sleeve dress / 3) lace trim shift dress / 4) striped t-shirt dress / 5) EltaMd tinted sunscreen / 6) beaded necklace / 7) tiered t-shirt dress / 8) smocked floral blouse / 9) paperbag shorts / 10) denim shorts
1) square neck mini dress / This gauzy little A-line dress is the newest Madewell dress in my collection, and I can’t quit wearing it. And I have no doubt I’ll be wearing it years from now. This is the “dark baltic”, and although it looks black in the pictures online, it’s more of a deep navy in person. I do feel like it runs big, so keep that in mind if ordering it. I’m wearing a small, and it’s still a very relaxed fit. I would think most people need to size down.
When the dress went on sale, I ended up grabbing it in the pink color (vintage quartz) too. I’ll show you that one soon!
GREAT NEWS! This dress is 30% OFF today with the code CLASSIFIED!
If you grab this dress, I know it will become a favorite for you too!
2) flutter sleeve dress / This DARLING ruffle sleeve dress has made the Top 12 list for 2 months in a row! I showed it in May in red, and I showed it in green in June. It’s lightweight, soft, feminine, and flirty. Notice the double ruffle sleeve, the deep v neck, and the way it lays so nicely. You’ll see that not all of the reviews are raving like mine, but I really do love this dress. I do agree with some reviewers that it would be best suited for those that aren’t super busty, but it’s actually okay on me (watch for size info. next). It comes in 12 colors, so there’s something for everybody! And the dress is lined, which is awesome.
Now let’s talk sizing. I’m wearing a medium in this green one, but I’m wearing a large in the red one (picture several down below). I prefer the large in the chest area, but I prefer the fit of the medium everywhere else.
As a reminder, here it is in red. Again, I’m wearing a large in this one and you can see how it’s a bit longer and cut a bit more generously.
ruffle sleeve dress / earrings / sunglasses / multicolor clutch /True Colors necklace / Chasing Rainbows 30″ necklace / True Colors bracelets / gold beaded stack bracelets / wedges (order 1/2 size up)
Here’s a mirror selfie for a different angle…
3) lace trim shift dress / This shift dress has pretty lace trim at the yoke and sleeves. I like how the sleeves are fitted up top, and then they transition to a large ruffle on the hem. The dress is a crisp cotton, but it’s still got a little bit of give to it. It also comes in tan, a soft green, and a coral. This might seem kind of random, but I think that the tan dress would also be great to wear to any type of western themed event you might have (like a charity event or rodeo). Style it with cowboy boots, and you will be good to go!
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. If not for a large chest, I would prefer the fit of the small. The body of the dress is cut very generously.
Styled with wedges and a clutch, this outfit could be appropriate for a baby shower, a ladies’ luncheon, or even a day wedding. I’ll also be wearing it to church.
You can see in this picture how the lace on the yoke is pretty open, so although a nude bra will work, a strapless bra will be your best bet. (Click HERE for the best strapless in the world. ON SALE RIGHT NOW! You will never have to tug on it, it totally stays put, and you might even wear it when a strapless bra isn’t required. Because it’s just that good.)
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that the dress has pockets. And who doesn’t love pockets.
4) striped t-shirt dress / This t-shirt dress is super soft, incredibly comfortable, and crazy cute! It’s hard to believe that it’s only $18. It comes in 6 color choices, but this punchy pink and coral stripe was a no brainer for me. I’M IN LOVE WITH THE COLOR COMBO AND THE STRIPES. It’s just so fun! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
5) EltaMd tinted sunscreen / I had full makeup on this day, but as always, I started with my eltaMD tinted sunscreen. Ever since getting the IPL, I apply it ever single morning. There are many days that it might be all I wear. It’s approved by my dermatologist, and I will never go without it.
I’m also wearing this luminous bronzer in sunrise. The reader above was right. It’s a nice cool pinky brown color. It’s so good and gives such a pretty sun kissed glow. I then used the Day Glow highlighting glaze on my cheeks and love the illuminating effect it gives.
The Flower Beauty eyebrow pencil is awesome, but I have one complaint. It’s the pencil on one end, and the spoolie brush on the other end, but it’s important you don’t get the caps messed up and try to put the spoolie cap on the pencil end….because it’s shorter and will crush the pencil. I’m speaking from experience.
WELL, IT’S BACK BABY! There are tons of color options, but I initially featured the orange and the “balloon party”. It’s the “balloon party” that I’m wearing in all of today’s pictures. I’m afraid it might sell out again, but they also added a “multicolor” option that’s similar. I’m loving the necklace, I’m wearing it constantly, and I’m getting tons of compliments on it, so I was thrilled to see it back! It’s a great way to add some extra style and color to your outfits, but without wearing a dated pendant necklace.
I’m going to show it styled in several outfits…
I have this tee in 3 colors. The price is right, and it really is the perfect basic tee for me. It’s got a relaxed fit and a bit of thickness to it. I mean, it’s not too thick, but it’s not thin either. It really is the perfect weight. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I don’t usually go for purple, but I thought this mauve was a great dusty purple. Get it. Get it in several colors.
This white swing dress is adorable and I’m so thrilled to have found it. It also comes in black and spice, but I love how the white is so fresh and summery. It’s got a slip lining, but I’ll still have to wear a nude bra and undies with it for sure. The cut-out details are nice, and I love the the drop ruffle hem. I’m wearing a small here, and although I wish it were a little bit shorter, the petite was too short on my 5’4″ frame. I think if not accessorized well, this dress could lean to kind of a nightgown look, but I love it. And it has pockets!
I thought this mustard color looked great with the necklace, and I think this dress is adorable. See how short it is on me? I’m wearing a petite, and I don’t need a petite. I just need a regular small. I do think it would be okay for those 5’2″ and under. When wearing wedges, this looked wayyyyyy too short…so I paired it with flat sandals instead, although it still looked super short. This one could easily be worn into early fall and would look cute with a denim jacket.
THIS DRESS IS DARLING.
For size reference, I’m wearing a 6, which is often true to size for me in dresses. (I sometimes even have to get an 8 to accommodate the girls and my massive rib cage, but the 6 worked for me in this dress.)
Here’s the necklace in orange…
The material of this swing dress isn’t like a regular cotton t-shirt dress, it’s 95% rayon and 5% spandex, but don’t get worried and think that means it’s super hot and not breathable, because it’s actually cool and totally breathable. Oh, and it doesn’t seem to wrinkle at all!
It’s got some stretch in it, and it skims the body and doesn’t hug it at all. Plus, it’s super comfy AND it has pockets. #score My wavy stripe is a little funky and reminds me of tie-dye, but it comes in lots of solids and classic stripes as well.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
7) tiered t-shirt dress / When I first posted this darling dress on Facebook, a sweet reader (Shout Out, Rebecca!) posted the picture below in the comments section on my Facebook page. She got permission from everybody in the picture for me to share it, and it totally deserves to be the “WHAT I’M LOVING” this week.
Rebecca said that on the last week of school, all of these teachers coordinated to wear their dresses on the same day. As Rebecca said, the dress “fits every figure and is so comfy!”
HOW CUTE ARE THESE LADIES!!! This picture makes me smile so big!
As a reminder, here I am in the dress. It’s ONLY $15, y’all! I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to grab it in at least 2 colors.
GET THIS DRESS.
Do you want an easy and breezy dress that you can just throw on and wear just about anywhere?
THIS IS YOUR DRESS.
It’s 100% cotton and just a perfect summer dress. The subtle tulip sleeves are so pretty, and the tiers are casual summer perfection.
Designed with easy pullover styling, you will be ready in an instant while the tiered bodice gives you a put-together finish. The best part? This dress is complete with two side pockets for even more convenience.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. If I had a smaller chest, a small would work because the rest of the sizing is generous, but I need the room up top.
8) smocked floral blouse / This floral blouse is so pretty and all of the little details are so feminine. The collar has a tiny ruffle, the sleeves are on the longer side and gathered, there’s some smocking across the chest, and tiny little soft pleats all across the back. There are 4 colors/patterns to choose from, and I love the one with pinks, purples, and blues too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
These paper bag shorts have the look of a medium weight linen, but they have a good amount of stretch in them, which makes them both flattering and comfortable. I’ve tried several different paper bag waist shorts in the past, but they have never fit me correctly. THESE DO! For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4. The belt is removable if belts aren’t your thing, but I really like it.
The shorts are currently 40% OFF!
9) paperbag shorts / I’ve got another look with you for the paper bag shorts! This muscle tee (which is actually more of a light sweatshirt material) looks awesome with these high waisted shorts. It’s got an elastic hem, and you can see here how I folded the elastic under.
It’s a really cool look, and I’m happy to be in shorts that aren’t denim shorts.
10) denim shorts / These shorts are from Wit and Wisdom, our favorite denim brand. They have the AbSolution technology that we all know and love, which means they are super comfy and crazy flattering. You can roll up the hem just once (like you see below), or you can roll them twice (as seen on the site). For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4. If you want a more generous fit, size up 1.
These shorts are currently 33% OFF!
This tie front blouse is a pretty floral design with a perfectly relaxed fit. I will be keeping it tied for sure, because as you’ll see on the site that when left untied, it’s very low cut. It drapes beautifully and is very easy to wear. I love a longer sleeve, so this top really delivers. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. It runs quite large, so I would suggest sizing down.
Okay, so this month’s Top 12 list ended up being a Top 10 collage because I ran out of room on the collage. #oops
I do have 1 more BONUS ITEM for you!
Although this next item didn’t make the Top 10 for June, it is my personal favorite item from the month.
I love the entire Ovenware Set from Our Place, but the pan in the set is NEXT LEVEL. Use the code SHEAFFER10 for 10% OFF and click HERE if you want to see everything I have to say about it and get the recipe for the amazing sheet pan dinner below.
Chris’s sister was in town with her family last weekend, and I can’t believe I forgot to get a picture, but we cooked a huge breakfast on the stove top. It was awesome.
I’ve also roasted tons of veggies on it, and I’m going to continue to search for sheet pan dinners to make. I think this Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is the next up.
Again, click HERE to get to my full post on the Ovenware Set. And don’t forget you can use the code SHEAFFER10 for 10% OFF!
N SALE COVERAGE
Have you been following along with my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage? I have several days of posts, but the most popular post so far has been my Nordstrom dressing room SHOPPING WITH SHEAFFER post.
Click HERE to see all of my favorites thus far. I have ordered several other pieces that weren’t available in store, so I will have some reviews of NEW TO ME pieces on Friday!
TOMORROW IS HUGE
Make sure you come back tomorrow and Wednesday for some super comprehensive PRIME DAY coverage! As an Amazon Associate, I’m given some intel in the weeks approaching Prime Day, so my posts will be SUPER HELPFUL to you!!!
See you tomorrow! I’M SO EXCITED!!!
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at June’s Top 10 picks. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!