Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from February.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that most of the items (with the exception of just 1) are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, several are under $50, and some are even under $30! The picks that made this month’s top list are all from Amazon, Target, and Nordstrom. Oh, and we have a product from Colleen Rothschild as well!
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1. polka dot sweater / 2. LOVE necklace (gold) / 3. Ambient Light Makeup Palette / 4. sneakers / 5. Dolce Vita braided sandals (cafe) / 6. denim jacket / 7. Age Renewal Super Serum / 8. boyfriend jeans / 9. ruffle sleeve tee / 10. coral striped sweater / 11. waffle knit sweater / 12. floral dress /
1. polka dot sweater / How completely adorable is this polka dot sweater?!? It’s very soft, has a great amount of stretch in it, and the fit is so dang cute. I love the fabric, the quality is great, and y’all know that I’m a huge fan of the longer sleeves. I was immediately drawn to the pink (as I often am), but it comes in 9 total colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. This is definitely nice enough to wear to the office as well.
polka dot sweater / LOVE necklace / 40 mm chunky hoop earrings / distressed girlfriend jeans / chunky booties
I’m wearing these jeans on repeat.
They are a great light-medium wash that is perfect for spring. I originally recommended them a couple of months ago, and I’ve received tons of feedback (at least 50 comments or e-mails!) from y’all letting me know that you ordered the jeans and love them too. They aren’t normal jean sizing, but at a regular 27 or sometimes 28 (depending on the jean brand), I ordered the medium. They have some serious stretch to them, so I think a small would have been fine, but I’m good with the fit of the mediums.
I really like these jeans, and at under $40 they are an incredible buy.
distressed girlfriend jeans / chunky booties
2. LOVE necklace / This sweet little necklace is hard to see in pictures, but I’ve worn it almost every single day for the last 4-6 weeks or so. If you want to know about the top or the rest of my outfit, click HERE.
mixed print ruffle sleeve top / sunglasses / turquoise earrings / LOVE necklace/ leather tote, / distressed girlfriend jeans
3. Ambient Light Makeup Palette / Now, I’m assuming the presence of this Hourglass Ambient Lighting Face Palette in my LET’S TALK EYES post might have confused you, and I totally get it. What’s a face palette doing in an eye makeup post? Well, in an effort to streamline my getting ready process in the morning, I’ve been using this palette for blush, highlighting, AND EYESHADOW.
Isn’t the palette GORGEOUS?!? I was sold when I realized it included a blush, a highlighter, and a bronzer. And then when I learned the products are supposed to mimic the effects of ambient lighting, I couldn’t throw it in my cart fast enough. It really does provide soft and beautiful color and highlighting.
The following tips are given for how to use it ON YOUR FACE: Apply Infinity Powder all over the face. Brush Glistening Bronze Light along the temples, hollows of your cheeks and jawline for enhanced definition, or sweep all over for a sun-kissed, bronzed glow. Apply Vibrant Heat or Luminous Rose to the apples of your cheeks. Apply Supernatural Strobe Light to the high points of your face including the tops of your cheeks, bridge of your nose, brow bone and cupid’s bow.
Now here’s the deal, you’re hearing about it in my LET’S TALK EYES post because I’m using it for my all over eyeshadow color as well.
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Face Palette
I use a brush similar to this one when applying the blush, the highlighter, and what I’m using as a neutral eyeshadow from the below palette. It makes it so easy to apply the face color with the large side of the brush, and then just flip it over to the smaller side to apply the eyeshadow. I love how this 1 palette and this 1 brush covers so many different applications!
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Face Palette
4. sneakers / Okay. Get the shoes. Seriously. Get the shoes.
I have several pairs of Dolce Vita sneakers that I’ve purchased over the years (which run about $115-$125 each), and I love them all. And although I’ve never purchased them, I really do like the Golden Goose designer sneakers. BUT I LOVE THESE TOO. I think the animal print is great, but I love how it isn’t IN YOUR FACE animal print. They are totally neutral, but with a little bit of sass.
I have the laces tucked inside the shoes here, but after I took these pics I did a tutorial on how I like to tie them (like people tie Golden Goose). I saved the tutorial on my highlight and titled it “SNEAKERS” if you want to check it out. I love the way it looks, and I love that it makes the sneakers slip on sneakers.
For size reference, I typically wear a 6 1/2, but I purchased these in a 6. I would have liked to try the 6 1/2, but they only had a 6 at the store. I put them on and they worked! From reading the reviews, it sounds like most go with their regular size. If you are often between sizes, I would size down a 1/2.
shoulder bag / distressed girlfriend jeans / sneakers
Here’s a look at the the sneakers with the laces knotted on the sides like I prefer them. Again, you can head to the “SNEAKERS” highlight on ig stories if you want to see how I do it.
5. Dolce Vita braided sandals / These braided sandals are a style I would typically wait to wear until closer to summer, but I think they will work for spring too if styled correctly. I’m wearing the “cafe”, but they come in 16 total colors including a cork that is absolutely made for summer. The site says they are true to size, as do several of the reviewers, but I found that I needed to size up a 1/2. I think they are very comfortable, and many reviewers shared that they’d worn them for hours on end with no discomfort at all!
boyfriend jeans / braided sandals
6. denim jacket / I’m glad it was a favorite for y’all as well, because I’m in love with my new denim jacket. I’ve been blogging for 9 years now, and a Kut From The Kloth denim jacket (similar to this one) was actually the first must have I ever named! You have seen that jacket countless times on the blog, and it’s a jacket I actually still wear. 9 years later and going strong! I will say this, I think a great denim jacket is an absolute necessity for everybody to own. Even if you think you aren’t a denim jacket girl, I challenge you to try one on. I can all but promise you that it will become one of the most worn items in your closet. I reach for mine ALL. THE. TIME.
This year (and last year) there’s been a lot of denim jackets that have come on the scene that are realllllllly oversized. I was never interested in those, but when I saw the one I’m wearing today, I became intrigued. It was an oversized and relaxed fit, but it wasn’t HUGE. I didn’t want it to be huge, but I didn’t want it to be fitted either. This jacket was just what I was looking for. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
To style it, I roll the sleeves up and pop the collar. It looks awesome with black denim, grey denim, white denim, cream denim, and colored denim. And it’s often the perfect item needed to throw on over a casual spring dress.
denim jacket / tee / sunglasses / hoop earrings / blingy necklace / layered necklace / cross body bag / bandana / black jeans / sneakers
7. Age Renewal Super Serum / So there is NO DOUBT that this serum made the Top 12 list because of the adorable picture I posted of my mom on facebook a couple of weeks ago. I had cleaned out my closet, and she had come to take everything that I was getting rid of. (She takes some, she gives her friend Suzy some, and my aunt and cousins take some as well! She donates everything that’s left to her church or Genesis Women’s Shelter.) When I posted the pic, nobody could believe that she’s 75 years old. And hey, I understand. She looks FANTASTIC. And get this, she almost exclusively uses Colleen Rothschild skincare products.
Her new favorite find is the Age Renewal Super Serum. She swears that the deep smile lines she has on each side of her face were GREATLY REDUCED after 1 use….and after several uses she says even though she can still see them right now, she can’t feel them like she used to. She says she used to run her fingers over her face while watching t.v. and she could feel them. But not anymore! She gives all the credit to the Age Renewal Super Serum.
If you want to pick up the serum to try, I’m hoping they extended their weekend sale to today. It’s a BUY MORE, SAVE MORE SALE. Buy 1 item, get 15% OFF with SPRING15. Buy 2 items, get 20% OFF with SPRING20. Buy 3 items, get 25% OFF with SPRING25.
8. boyfriend jeans / Okay, let’s talk about the jeans! The site officially calls them boyfriend jeans, but they aren’t as generously cut as most boyfriend jeans I’ve tried in the past. I think of them more as a girlfriend jeans. They are definitely more of a relaxed fit than a skinny jean, and they are cut straight through the hips and legs. They do have a bit of stretch in them, which I appreciate. For size reference, I’m wearing a 4. If your belly isn’t your problem area, you could probably get away with sizing down 1, but I stuck with my regular size. They have just a tiny bit of distressing and boast a thick cuff at the ankle.
jacket / tee /boyfriend jeans / braided sandals
FYI. On Friday I posted that the Wit and Wisdom girlfriend jeans from last year were back in stock, and I received a couple of messages from readers asking me the difference between the above Kut jeans and the Wit and Wisdom Jeans.
If I had to choose just one pair for myself, I would choose the Wit and Wisdom pair. Personally, I think they are more comfy and more flattering than the Kut pair. The Wit and Wisdom pair also have quite a bit more stretch to them, which I like. I know some prefer the structure of the Kut pair. I also feel like the length of the Wit and Wisdo pair is more suited to my 5’4″ frame.
I’m wearing a 4 here (which is my regular size), but most size down in these. I think I could take the 2, but I know they are supposed to be a slouchy and relaxed look, so I’m just going to keep the 4. (If you size down often, definitely go ahead and size down.) Wit and Wisdom also carries a great selection of plus size denim, and you can find those options HERE.)
blush tee / military jacket / girlfriend jeans / neutral mules (with chain) / pleated faux leather hobo bag / bandana
9. ruffle sleeve tee /I typically love a statement sleeve when they aren’t too overwhelming, and this is just the kind of sleeve I love! This flutter sleeve tee boasts these pretty little pleated flutter sleeves that aren’t too poofy or long, and the ruffle actually extends a bit down the top. There’s a cute little pocket too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
flutter sleeve tee / LOVE necklace / 40 mm chunky hoop earrings / distressed girlfriend jeans / chunky booties
10. coral striped sweater / This adorable sweater is a perfect spring sweater. Bright and happy colors, fun stripes, and a medium weight…. SERIOUSLY PERFECT FOR SPRING. And it’s soooooooooooo dang cute. I love the tight cuffs, the band around them hem of the sweater, and the border color on the hem. It’s definitely my favorite piece I’ve found in the last several weeks. It’s something I know I will wear on repeat. For size reference, I grabbed a medium because some reviewers wrote that even though it launders well, there is some shrinking that occurs (so I wanted to have some extra room). I LOVE THIS SWEATER.
sweater / sunglasses / earrings / LOVE necklace/ gold bracelet stack / colorful bracelet stack / crossbody bag / distressed girlfriend jeans
11. waffle knit sweater / This waffle knit sweater was probably my biggest surprise of the entire Febuary Amazon haul. I think it’s DARLING. This is the “navy”, but I think it’s in between a navy and a royal blue color. It’s fresh and so springy!
It has a drop shoulder and a casual slouchy look, but it doesn’t look sloppy at all. I love the functional buttons (they are like wood or maybe cork?), and there are side slits too. It’s a waffle knit, but it’s like a waffle knit sweater because it’s got more weight to it than a normal waffle knit. It’s the perfect weight and style to help you usher in spring. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. For a slouchier look, I’d size up to a medium.
waffle knit sweater / LOVE necklace / 40 mm chunky hoop earrings / distressed girlfriend jeans / sneakers
12. floral dress / This dress is gorgeous. I think it totally looks like a much more expensive dress from Anthropologie that someone might pay upwards of $200 for. It’s romantic and flowy, but it’s not too precious (if you know what I mean). THIS DRESS IS CHARMING. It has an elasticized empire waist, which normally isn’t a great look on me, but it works with this dress! I’m wearing it here with wedges, but I also think it would be adorable dressed down with sneakers and a denim jacket. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
floral dress /earrings / LOVE necklace/ gold bracelet stack / colorful bracelet stack / slide sandals
That’s all for today, Ladies! Have a wonderful Monday!
Christine R. says
Sheaffer, I purchased the sneakers as soon as you told me too!! They’re SO cute & comfy! Question-as you know, the laces are a shimmery silver -not a shimmer girl here. What color would you swap them out for? Thanks!!
Hi, Christine! I think I would do a neutral taupe-y color that comes close to matching the background leopard color! For fall, I might switch out for a dark color! xoxo
Is the pink polka dot sweater a warmer or cooler tone? I find I can’t wear warm blush tones; just not flattering on me although I love how they look on other people. Thanks!
Hi, Elizabeth! I’m really not great with color. I would say that it’s cooler, but to be honest, I’m not very sure. So sorry I’m not more help! xoxo
Noelle McAdams says
Love your ideas. I found the same shoes but for $40 and super comfy on Amazon. $125 seems quite pricey for this teacher. Seriously the ones I bought I can teach in all day for 1/3 the price! I know it’s Nordstrom sponsored but perhaps do a post where you can get the same thing at affordable prices!
I’m so thrilled with the Target dress! It definitely gives off Anthropologie vibes for a fraction of the price. The Social Threads jeans arrived today as well. I was super nervous about ordering a size down, but I did what Sheaffer told me to, and as usual, it was totally the right call!
YAY! So happy to hear this, Andrea!!!! xoxo