This post is sponsored by eBay and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote pieces that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
Happy Monday, everybody! I’m super excited about today’s post, and I’m not even talking about clothes. I’m talking about our newest household gadget. This new gadget is an item that we’ve used every single day since receiving it, and I legitimately wonder how we ever lived without it and why in the world it took us so long to take the plunge. So, what is it? It’s a MOOSOO STICK VACUUM! And y’all. I’m full blown obsessed. More on the MOOSOO in a minute.
If you are new around here, you might not know that we have 2 Golden Retrievers.
Well, if you know anything about Golden Retrievers, you probably know the following two things: 1) they are incredibly sweet and 2) they have an incredible amount of hair.
BOTH. ARE. TRUE.
I get questions, lots and LOTS of questions about the pups. Chris runs the pups instagram account, and he gets lots of questions too. But out of all of the questions, the #1 asked question asked several times each week is if we have any tips to manage the hair around the house. Like this one from Rachel we got just last week:
I need help. I have 1 Golden and the hair is about to take over my entire house. You’ve got two and I never see hair covering your house or in any of your pictures. Give me some tips, please!
We certainly wish we had some type of magical answer over here, but we don’t. However, we do have some tips that help make the constant hair a bit more manageable. One of our secret weapons is our favorite new tool, more on it in a minute.
And I thought it would be the perfect day to do a DOG UPDATE as well…because heaven knows they go hand in hand.
I think a proper introduction is in order, mainly because I want you to fall in love with them before I show you ALL. THE. HAIR.
These are our pups. That’s Charlie on the left and Buddy on the right. We ADORE them.
Here are some pics of the pups from the early days. And if you are new here and haven’t seen the post where I announced that we got them, you simply must go read it. Carter didn’t know we were getting two, so the post tells you how we told him (and even links to the video where he finds out)! I cry every single time I watch it. It’s seriously one of my very favorite memories of my entire life.
Okay, now that you’ve had a chance to fall in love with them (and not hold their obscene amount of hair against them)…let’s get down to it. BRACE YOURSELVES. Things are going to get ugly for a minute.
Here’s the deal with the dog hair in our home. It’s everywhere. If not managed daily (and most often more than once a day), it will roll like tumbleweeds over our dark wood floors, and there’s certain places that these tumbleweeds like to collect. Like under the little wooden chair in the entry way…
Under the sofa table in the family room….
And THE MOST aggravating place, underneath the bar stools in the kitchen.
I mean, there’s no way around it, it’s just gross.
Buddy and Charlie are 1000% worth what we have to do to manage the hair, so we work together as a family to keep our home as hair free as possible. It’s really easy, we just have to be consistent. So what do we do?
1) Chris brushes the dogs frequently. We’ve found that getting their undercoat under control drastically reduces the amount of shedding. I cannot even imagine how much hair there would be if Chris didn’t brush them regularly.
2) We have a couple of vacuums that we love. We rotate their use, but we always vacuum at least once a day.
Our routine for years has been to use our big vacuum every 2 days, and we would do maintenance in between with a dust buster. We thought it worked just fine. BUT NOW THAT WE HAVE THIS MOOSOO STICK VACUUM, we are significantly more pleased with our results. Now we’re using our big vacuum every 4-5 days, and we are using the stick vacuum for daily maintenance in between. It’s a relatively small tool, but it sure is mighty! And we love that we aren’t having to drag our big vacuum out as frequently.
And here’s something that is truly amazing….this amazing stick vacuum is ON SALE for JUST UNDER $90! INCREDIBLE!
When eBay reached out and asked me to do an honest review of a MOOSOO vacuum, we were thrilled. We hadn’t heard of the brand before, but we hopped online to read some reviews and were intrigued. The reviews were great, and the price point was totally affordable (and much more reasonable than most other stick vacuums out there). We learned that while MOOSOO is new to the US, they are well-known in Europe and Asia as a trusted, top brand for smart and cordless vacuums.
Chris was PUMPED and was like “NOW WE’RE TALKING! A box on our front steps without clothes!” We hopped on eBay , looked around a bit, read some reviews, and ended up going with one of their stick vacuums. We’d been hearing from friends that we needed a stick vacuum for years, but we’d just never taken the plunge. We thought our system was fine and we didn’t think we needed another vacuum.
We stand corrected.
We love our new vacuum and we definitely needed it in our lives.
The furry fellas make our vacuums probably the most used appliances in our house, and this stick vacuum has exceeded our expectations. It’s SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the dust buster we had been using for years. It’s more powerful, it’s easier on our backs, and even though it’s much larger than our dust buster…it still manages to get in to smaller spaces.
Now it’s time for the full review! I’m going to share many of the reasons we love this vacuum so much.
* First and foremost, it’s cord free! It’s so wonderful to be able to zip all over the house without having to worry about cord length.
* This vacuum has really great suction. I don’t want to have to put the vacuum right on top of the hair, I just want it to get near the hair and have the powerful suction GET IT OFF MY FLOOR! This vacuum does that.
* It hugs corners and maneuvers around them easily. It can also maneuver around curved surfaces!
* We really like the small vacuum head. When we first got it out of the box, I immediately said “I wish the head was bigger“, but that thought was quickly shot down. The small size enables it to easily get into smaller spaces which I appreciate greatly. For example, it goes between chair legs, which is awesome.
* The head has a light, which makes it easier to see dust and hair in darker spaces.
* The design makes it possible for the head to go ALL THE WAY under a lot of our furniture. THIS IS HUGE FOR ME. I hate it when I’m sitting on the couch and can see dust and dog hair under the entertainment center. This is no longer an issue! WooHoo! (Before getting this stick vacuum, I would use those disposable dusters, but I would have to throw them away after each use.)
* Carter hated using the dust buster (it would hurt his back from being hunched over for like 20 minutes) and maneuvering the big vacuum was still pretty awkward for him because it was so heavy. This stick vacuum is PERFECT for him.
He uses it with ease all over the house.
That’s right, Buddy! Get all the way under there! Mama doesn’t like to see dust when I’m watching Bravo!
He actually loves it and does a really great job with it.
* We like the attachment options a lot. With the push of a button, this attachment can go from a wand to a brush. We use the wand on upholstery and on the stairs. We use the brush on furniture, ceiling fans, and shutters.
* And the stick easily converts to a handheld, which is awesome too!
This baby can go basically anywhere, and it’s great to use in your car as well.
* You can also use the brush attachment on the end of the stick for all of those hard to reach places.
* The carpet on our stairs gets so beat down, and it looks so dingy when that happens. The stair attachment not only picks up the dirt and the dog hair, but it also fluffs the carpet fibers up really nicely! The stairs look awesome after we use this attachment. Before on the left, after on the right.
* It goes from hardwood floors to carpet easily. We don’t even change a setting to do this! And I was SHOCKED at how well this vacuum works on carpet. When we decided on this vacuum, I was really thinking it would be used pretty much only on our hard wood floors and our rugs. I never imagined how well it would work on carpet too.
Pretty much nothing makes me happier than a defined vacuum line on carpet, and this vacuum really delivers. IT JUST FEELS CLEAN when I see these lines! Raise your hands if you love a vacuum line, ladies! (I know our heavy-duty vacuum has got to do a more thorough job on the carpet, but the stick is definitely great for maintenance.)
A couple more things:
* Chris was really curious how long the battery would hold, so he conducted a timed test. He was able to go through the kitchen, family room, dining room, foyer, hall, half bath, laundry room, and master bedroom without having a battery issue. Then he kept going just to see how long he could keep going. He was on low power, and he stopped his timer at 26 minutes, but only because he was just DONE vacuuming. Haha! The information provided by the manufacturer says it can go 20-35 depending on what level you are on and if you are switching levels.
Look how happy this vacuum makes me.
* We love the charging station too. We keep it in our laundry room and it’s out of the way, but super convenient to grab.
So, let’s sum things up.
Is there a lot of hair with 2 Golden Retrievers?
These faces, their snuggles, and their unwavering devotion make it all worth it. And our new stick vacuum makes it loads more manageable! Click HERE for all of the MOOSOO options on eBay if you want to browse around yourself.
I mean, there’s no doubt that staying on top of the hair situation at our house is definitely a team effort. I’m just happy to have this guy on my team. And I have to say it, Chris is the best one on our team. The man is great with a vacuum. #luckyme
I sure do love this boy.
And I sure do love a freshly vacuumed house.
So now that I’ve shouted my love for our new stick vacuum from the rooftops, I feel like you deserve some new pup pics.
The pups are 3 years old now, and they weigh between 80-90 pounds. (I know this means they probably aren’t classified as “pups” anymore, but they will forever be “the pups” to me.) We all love them like crazy, but Carter absolutely ADORES them. He must say that they are cute at least 23 times every single day. For example, “Oh my goodness, Buddy is so cute laying there sleeping.” or “Oh my goodness, Charlie looks so cute with that piece of grass in his mouth.” Yep, Carter thinks they’re cute.
They are SUPER schedule oriented. We usually take them on their daily walk about 2:30. If we aren’t starting to move to the front door at 2:27, they are like “UM. HELLO?” They also want our love and attention constantly. And we are happy to give it to them.
Their personalities are actually pretty different. Charlie is much more chill and Buddy is much more high maintenance, but we feel like we picked the two best pups for our family. Oh, and they are the best of friends. When napping, you can usually find Buddy’s head resting somewhere on Charlie’s body. It’s the sweetest. And they play together all day long.
WE LOVE THEM SO MUCH!
In closing, if you’ve never shopped eBay before, there’s a couple of points I want to share with you! Do you know that eBay now has approximately 1.1 billion listings at any given time? Let that sink in. ONE BILLION ITEMS. 81% of those 1 billion items are NEW, and most of those are listed as BUY IT NOW! So, even though some items are still auction style where you can bid, the majority of items can be purchased immediately. Personally, I love the “buy it now” feature, because who has time to always be checking back in on an auction these days?!?
I’ve shopped eBay MANY times in the last several years. In addition to small vintage items for around the house (like a bread board, a tole tray, and a decorative bowl just to name a few), it’s also where I purchased my refurbished Dyson hair dryer. And my most recent purchase was an authenticated Louis Vuitton bag (which I hope to be posting about very soon). So yes, I love shopping eBay!