Today’s post is sponsored by eBay and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote pieces that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To.
Happy Wednesday, Everybody! It’s time to join up today with Shay and me to let everybody know WHAT’S UP this fine Wednesday!
Let’s get right to it!
*WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT*
Scout and Baby Carter
This was on my Facebook TimeHop this week. And WOW. I have to say, I got a little teary. I remember this day so clearly, and it doesn’t seem like that long ago. These two were so sweet together.
*WHAT I’M LOVING*
When eBay reached out to see if I wanted to partner up this month to talk about items that could make the stay at home life easier, I immediately jumped on board.
But before I get to the items, I want to talk a little bit about eBay in our current climate because I am SO IMPRESSED with how they are helping small business owners navigate these crazy times. eBay has gone above and beyond to support small businesses and independent sellers who have been significantly impacted by these uncertain times. They designed a program to specifically help main street retailers to get online and start selling on their platform! Small businesses can learn more about the program HERE.
eBay has also made it possible for its sellers to choose to donate between 10% to 100% of a sale to organizations like Feeding America, Direct Relief and The Opportunity Fund. eBay has been matching these charitable donations dollar for dollar, up to $1 million.
Here are my STAY AT HOME choices!
- Bingo / 2. Magnatiles / 3. puzzle / 4. headphones / 5. office chair / 6. Dyson cordless vacuum / 7. Starbucks coffee pods / 8. Nutribullet / 9. exercise bike / 10. popcorn popper / 11. electric griddle / 12. weights / 13. hair clipper kit / 14. yoga mat / 15. Kong / 16. dog bed
1. Bingo / We’ve had more family game nights in the past 6 weeks than we’ve had in the past 6 months, and I’m guessing that most of you are in the same boat. eBay has lots of games to choose from, but Bingo caught my eye.
2. Magnatiles / If you have children at home 8 and younger and you don’t have Magnatile already, fix that right now. These tiles are magnetic and they will provide ENDLESS hours of independent play for your kid(s). FOR REAL. Endless hours of INDEPENDENT PLAY.
3. puzzle / The world is puzzle crazy right now, and you can find lots of puzzle choices on eBay. They are a great way to pass the time, and it’s fun to have all members of the family working towards a common goal.
4. headphones / Carter’s headphones have been a blessing from above during the quarantine. He uses them when listening to all of his school videos during e-learning, and I’m able to do my work right next to him without being distracted. And I’m totally pumped that I don’t have to listen to all of the Dude Perfect videos now. Don’t get me wrong, I like Dude Perfect too, but I need a break every so often. Ha!
5. office chair / I included an office chair in the round up because I know many of you probably want a chair upgrade for your work at home desk. eBay has a large variety of chairs to choose from.
6. Dyson cordless vacuum / Y’all know we have a big Dyson vacuum and love it so much, but I’ve always wanted one of these cordless vacuums. I hear over and over again how awesome it is, and the only complaint I ever hear is that people wish it would hold its charge longer. I can get over that, but we just don’t have a great place to charge it. If you have the perfect place for charging, I envy you. You should get one.
7. Starbucks coffee pods / I’m not a coffee drinker, but I know that most of the world LIVES for coffee. You can get the Starbucks pods on eBay!
8. Nutribullet / We absolutely love our Nutribullet, and we’ve been pulling it out a lot while at home. It’s a great way to get fruits and veggies down your kids, and I love adding protein powder to smoothies too. It’s easy and fun to use, and it makes amazing smoothies.
9. exercise bike / We don’t have a Peloton, but we do have a good ole fashioned exercise bike, and it gets the job done. It’s easy to hop on and do a quick 30 minutes while watching your favorite tv show. I do not enjoy exercising, but I do enjoy watching tv, so this makes it easier for me.
10. popcorn popper / If your family is anything like my family, you’ve been on a movie kick. We’ve been working our way through a lot of great oldies but goodies (think Goonies, Field of Dreams, Rudy), and the boys ALWAYS want popcorn.
11. electric griddle / Chris LOVES his griddle. We mainly use it for big breakfasts with bacon, sausage, eggs, and hash browns. However, we’ve also started making skillet burgers and think they taste awesome! You can cook several items at once, and it’s easy clean up.
12. weights / With all of the extra time we have at home right now, picking up some weights every now and then wouldn’t be a bad idea.
13. hair clipper kit / Well, this one is self-explanatory. My goodness my boys need a trim right now.
14. yoga mat / I’m not into yoga, and to be honest; I’ve never really been interested. However, if you have been interested but have never taken the leap to try, now is the time! Grab a new yoga mat and check out an online class!
15. Kong / Our pups absolutely love having all of their people at home with them. They also like being right up on us ALL THE TIME. If we want a little break, we just put a treat or a little bit of peanut butter in the Kong, and voila. #alonetime
16. dog bed / We’ve thought about getting them new dog beds too. You know, to further encourage some of that alone time. Haha!
Thanks to eBay for sponsoring this portion of the post. And remember, when you shop eBay, you are shopping small!
*WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO*
I found some more pictures from our last time at the ranch that I forgot to share with y’all. This boy LOVES to fish.
And check this out!
One night after dinner, the sky filled with clouds that seemed to be lit from the inside out. We went out to enjoy it, and I snapped this picture. Doesn’t it look like a painting?
This boy steals puppy snuggles just about every single time he walks by them. They don’t mind.
*WHAT WE’RE DOING THIS WEEKEND*
Um, more of the same that we’ve been doing for the last 6 weeks or so. Even though different places are opening around McKinney this weekend, our family isn’t ready to venture out quite yet. We are going to play it extra safe and stay at home a bit longer, which means more of the same for us this weekend.
*WHAT I’M WATCHING*
I’m really into American Idol, The Voice, and Songland right now!
Have you watched Songland? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Here’s the set up: Every week a famous artist is on the show as a special guest. The famous artist sits on a panel with 3 well known music producers, and they listen to 4 different songwriters perform original songs that they’ve written. They briefly workshop the songs on the spot, and it’s so cool to see these super smart and creative people do what they do best. Out of the 4 songs, they choose 3 to workshop further, and each songwriter spends some 1:1 with 1 of the producers, and then they come back and perform the song for the artist.
After hearing the songs, the artist chooses which one of the songs they want to record for themselves! My favorite this season so far was the season opener with Lady Antebellum, but even when it’s not a music genre or artist that I like, I love seeing the entire process. Give the show a try!
*WHAT I’M LISTENING TO*
I’m finishing up the post right now as we are watching Rudy as a family. It’s one of our favorite movies and one that we can watch over and over again.
*WHAT I’M WORKING ON*
I’m pulling together some Mother’s Day ideas for Friday’s post!
*WHAT WE ARE EATING*
Instead of sharing our meals, I thought I would share a handful of my new Trader Joe’s favorites. Like this nut combo. It has cashews and almonds (my two favorite nuts) with Everything But The Bagel seasoning.
I also picked up the new to me Everything But The Bagel dip. It’s super creamy and tangy (Greek yogurt is the base), and I love it with both crackers and veggies.
I think I grabbed these because I’d seen them on Shay‘s blog and OHHHHHEMMMMMMGEEEEEEE. They are so dang good. They are sweet and a tiny bit tart, really chewy, and I think they are better than candy. I bought 1 bag the first time I purchased them, and I bought 4 bags the second time if that tells you anything.
Well, the one thing I have to say about these crunchy peas is that I have to be reallllllllly careful about portion control. Because I could easily eat the entire bag in 1 sitting. Without even batting an eye.
I like chocolate, and I love peanut butter, but I rarely eat either.
UNTIL I FOUND THESE BARS.
Chocolate, peanut butter, and oats all come together for a chewy granola bar that reminds me of a Watchamacalit (my favorite childhood candy bar). I have very fond memories of hopping in to a 7-11 with my dad, and we would always grab a Watchmacalit. Well, the bars below are much better for me and packed full of fiber. 9 grams of fiber per bar!
*WHAT I’M WEARING*
Well. I had ordered some items to share today, and none of them arrived in time, so look for some new outfits on Friday’s post. I’m very excited about a couple of things that are on their way to me!
Don’t forget to link up and let us know what’s up with you!