MORE MOTHER’S DAY GIFT IDEAS
I had a Mother’s Day collage yesterday with super affordable finds from Zulily!
I’ve got some more gift options for y’all today!
1) bath salt trio / 2) Tory Burch tote /3) Gua Sha tool /4) convertible earrings /5) Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss trio / 6) Kendra Scott watch /7. Age Renewal Super Serum / 8. blardigan / 9. Burberry Her perfume / 10. Always Pan / 11. bliss plush throw / 12. heart photo collage / 13. cz stud earrings
1) bath salt trio / What mama doesn’t love baths? And I think the presentation of this trio is beautiful.
2) Tory Burch tote / Has your mom been a realllllllllly good mama this year? If so, surprise her with this amazing TB tote.
3) Gua Sha tool / I have one of these tools, and I know it’s supposed to be amazing for your skin’s elasticity and tone, but I always forget to pull it out and use it. I know this would be something my mom would do religiously every night while watching tv.
4) convertible earrings / I have these earrings. I LOVE these earrings. You can wear them three different ways….1) all gold, 2) gold huggie with a silver drop, 3) take off the drop and just wear the huggies. 3 in 1, baby!
5) Charlotte Tilbury lip gloss trio / Such pretty colors! I love CT glosses.
6) Kendra Scott watch / Again, if you really want to spoil your mom, surprise her with one of the brand new Kendra Scott watches! Or maybe send this link to your hubby? Or maybe buy it for yourself and send your hubby the receipt? 🙂
7. Age Renewal Super Serum / SALE ALERT! The Age Renewal Super Serum is $23 OFF this weekend! WOW! I promise you, this would be an EXCELLENT gift for your mom. As I told y’all last month, this is my mom’s new favorite product that she absolutely swears by. She says the deep smile lines she has on each side of her face were GREATLY REDUCED after 1 use….and after several uses she says even though she can still see them right now, she can’t feel them like she used to. (She says she used to run her fingers over her face while watching t.v. and she could feel them. But not anymore!) If you have any doubts, go read the reviews. Click HERE for all of the special deals at Colleen this weekend (look for the “SALE” circles).
8. blardigan / I will always recommend the blardigan as a Mother’s Day gift. And a Christmas gift. And a birthday gift. ALWAYS. It’s the most luxurious thing you can put on and wear around your home (I wear it outside of the home too), and I always say it’s like gifting a hug.
9. Burberry Her perfume / I fell in love with this scent earlier this year when one of my friends hopped in the car with it on. I bought it that day, and now others ask me what I’m wearing, just like I asked her. It’s just the loveliest scent. I know it’s hard to buy perfume online, so either get to a store to sample it, or just trust me.
10. Always Pan / I love and use this pan just about every single day, and I think it makes an EXCELLENT gift. Click HERE if you want to see my very thorough review of the pan (and see lots of recipes)! And great news…all the pieces are still ON SALE.
11. bliss plush throw / This is the softest blanket I own. Honestly, this makes a great gift for everyone you know (it’s an awesome graduation present too), but it’s perfect for Mother’s Day. It’s pretty because of the fringe, and it launders beautifully.
12. heart photo collage / I’M SO EXCITED, Y’ALL! Minted contacted me and let me know that they’ve reinstated the 20% OFF code for us! Use the code SHEAFFERMOM20 thru the weekend to get 20% OFF of your Minted order. Click HERE to learn all about the heart collage I made for my mom and all of the other gifts I got her (all or 20% OFF right now) from Minted. They are all personalized and super special!
personalized photo art (20% OFF with code SHEAFFERMOM20)
13. cz stud earrings / My mom told me the other day that she lost one of her cz studs. I’m going to grab these for her!
My local Nordstrom finally got a great selection of sandals in!
Now listen, I’m not going to wear these if I’m going to be walking all over town. They will mostly be pool and beach shoes, but I will wear them to run the occasional errand as well.
They only come in 1/2 sizes. I’m a 6 1/2, and the 7s were too big. The 6s are perfect on me.
I also picked up these Franco Sarto sandals when I was at the mall. Very comfy, true to size. The leather is really beautiful and I really appreciate the padded footbed.
Even though I grabbed the ones above, I wanted to show you some other current options I saw in store.
I think these sandals are incredibly chic. They didn’t have the black ones in store, but the black sandals on the site are GORGEOUS
These are great too!
LOTS OF GREAT NORDSTROM FINDS
Nordstrom has been hitting it out of the park lately, y’all. I’m constantly finding things I want to order, and when the item arrives, I’m typically falling in love.
It’s lower cut than I normally go for, but it’s super fun for a date night! It’s a crisp cotton, and I love the deep v, the longer sleeves, and the ruffle detail on the hem of the sleeves. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It’s roomy in the bodice, but I definitely needed the room in the chest.
I know some of you bought this clutch when I featured it a couple of weeks ago. There’s only 3 left, so buy it before its gone!
The ruffled and gathered straps! The pink and blush color blocking! The pockets! I love it all!
It is very generously sized, so keep that in mind. I’m wearing a small here, and I actually think an x-small would fit me better. I’m most often a medium in dresses, so for sure size down 1 (and maybe 2).
This linen mini dress is precious and ON SALE! Actually, it’s ON SALE and then it’s an additional 30% OFF. It comes in both dusty blush and white, and it comes in both regular sizing and petite. HOWEVER, I’m in the regular small and it’s quite short on me (and I like short dresses), so I think you would have to be under 5’2″ to need a petite. You can see here that the small is tight across my chest, but I’m afraid a medium would be too big everywhere else. It’s not lined, so you will probably need a slip.
Here’s the same dress styled more casually…
Since it is short, I think it works better for me with flat sandals.
I showed y’all the stock picture of this embroidered blouse last week and told you I had ordered both colors, they had arrived, and I had decided I was keeping both colors.
I’m completely in love with this top. For size reference, I’m in the small, and there’s still plenty of room. It says a small is a 2-4, but I’m not typically a 2-4 in tops, so I definitely think you should size down in this 1. The back is adorable too! It has buttons all the way down the back and a little tie at the top. I’ll show it to you on stories sometime this weekend.
The square neck is great, it has a relaxed fit, it drapes beautifully, and the embroidery work is gorgeous.
I actually like the blush one even more than this one, but I had to go grab Carter from school, and I forgot to take the pics of the blush one after I got home. I’ll show it next week for sure!
Let’s talk about these boot cut jeans. I’ve talked about them several times before, but they deserve yet another mention. And if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, they make me look at least 5 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller than I actually am. They are magic jeans. MAGIC. They have the Ab-Solution technology, so they suck you in and smooth you out, but they do that while somehow remaining incredibly comfortable.
I’m going to say it again.
For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4 (not the petite). I’m 5’4″,but I have long legs for my height.
These are the wedges that are perfect height for me for this jeans. Very comfy, true to size, and a great neutral that goes with just about everything.
DENIM SHORT OPTIONS
Let’s start with the top….
This short-sleeved sweatshirt doesn’t have great reviews, but I happen to love it so much that I bought it in the lavender as well. It’s VERY thin, so even though it’s the fit of an oversized sweatshirt, it’s not warm like you would expect a sweatshirt to be. One review says it’s boxy and it runs large, and I agree with that, but those are a couple of reasons I love it! Haha! 🙂 The other reviewer says it’s too cropped, and I don’t agree with that at all. If you don’t have a super long torso, I think you will be fine. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, so consider sizing down.
If you’re a first time shopper on HSN, don’t forget to use the code HELLO10 for 10% OFF the tote. And you can click HERE to read my full review of the tote. Here’s the short version: It’s flipping LEGIT and you probably need it for your summer. It’s waterproof, it holds a TON, you can carry it for your everyday bag (like I’m showing here), but it’s seriously perfect for the pool and beach.
Here I’m wearing the same sweatshirt, but I styled it differently with different sandals and a crossbody strap.
BUT, LADIES. That’s not what’s important here.
I have an announcement of sorts.
I had a birthday earlier this month, and I’m starting to think that my favorite denim shorts (seen below) might be too short for me (at least for some occasions). Now don’t get me wrong, I’ll still be wearing them (when appropriate), but I definitely need to have some longer options as well. #itstheendofanera
STILL, I love these shorts, but I’m thinking now you might see them once a week instead of like every single day over the summer. They are ON SALE now, so if you are one of the few that has resisted them all these years, now is the time.
So now I’m on the hunt for some longer denim shorts. And yes, I’m going to take y’all along for the ride. #giddyup
I’ve ordered every single one of the pairs you see below, and I’ll review them all sometime over the next 2 weeks. They are all supposed to arrive by next Tuesday.
I bought these roll cuff denim shorts a couple of weeks ago (not in the above collage), and I do think they are a great option for all of us that are starting to feel weird in the shorty shorts. They are a 5″ inseam, which seems like it might be the sweet spot for me. They are appropriate, but they aren’t quite ready for shuffle board on the lido deck if you know what I mean. I’m wearing my regular size 4, but I’m considering sizing up for a bit more of a relaxed fit.
WHITE JEAN QUESTIONS
And because I continue to get asked for white jean recommendations, I thought we would review my favorite white jeans! These are super versatile and I can wear them with wedges, sandals, or sneakers and they all look great.
These jeans are really stretchy, very slimming, and incredibly comfortable. Now, don’t get confused when you click the link, because these are actually called “Ab-Solution High Waist Skinny Ankle Pants”. But don’t worry, they just feel like super stretchy jeans, and I totally style them like jeans. (Also, for what it’s worth, I think of these as more of a mid-rise.)
I love the white button and the little side slits at the ankle. They aren’t see thru, but I of course still recommend wearing nude undies. They actually come in 8 colors, and I predict that some of you will like the fit and comfort so much that you will end up ordering them in at least 1 more color.
Now let’s talk sizing. Last year I wore these in a regular size 4. This year I ordered them in a 6P. Now remember, I didn’t realize I was ordering the same pair of jeans, but I liked the idea of them being not super tight and a little bit cropped. I often order up a size in white jeans, and if I’m getting a petite I often order up a size too (which is why I went with the 6P).
To sum it up, these do run a bit big, so you probably want to consider sizing down from the size you normally get in white jeans. Both the regular 4 and the 6P both fit me, but this year I’m going to be rocking the 6P.
AMAZON BEAUTY FINDS
I’ve been hearing TONS OF BUZZ about Amazon beauty products lately.
For example, did y’all know that Drew Barrymore has a makeup line that is carried by Amazon? It’s called Flower Beauty, and it’s SUPER reasonably priced and has great reviews. Has anybody tried her products? If you have, leave comments with specific items I need to try!
Kora is an organic skincare company that I’ve also been hearing some great rumblings about. Again, if anybody is familiar with the brand, sound off in the comments and let me know what I need to try!
CINCO DE MAYO GRAPHIC TEES
I know this is a super long post today, but I realized I needed to share these graphic tees if you wanted to be able to get them before Cinco de Mayo, because they would both be perfect for the occasion.
I sized up and am wearing a large in this tee. I ordered mediums in all of my graphic tees last year, but I found that most of them shrunk during washings and are now too small in the chest. I’ve decided to order larges this year. They aren’t huge, and I’ve got a little wiggle room for some shrinkage.
This tee is soooooooooo soft and it makes me laugh every single time I read it.
Mamacita Needs a Margarita. I mean, truer words have never been spoken. Again, it’s super soft and I’m wearing a large.
These two get in bed with us every night. They cuddle with us, and they cuddle with each other. They are the sweetest brothers.
WEEK IN REVIEW
It was the last Wednesday of the month, so I had a What’s Up Wednesday post! I cover lots of questions: What We’re Eating, What We’ve Been Up To, What I’m Excited About, What I’m Reminiscing About…
Click HERE to read it all
That’s all for today, y’all! I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your people!