Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month! Today I’m going to highlight your Top 12 picks from September.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls top picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer (or already owned), and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock).
The picks that made this month’s list are from Nordstrom, J Crew Factory, Colleen Rothschild, and Amazon.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) batwing cocoon cardigan / 2) striped sweater / 3) cognac loafer mule / 4) floral mules / 5) coatigan (light camel) / 6) micro mineral resurfacing scrub / 7) 7/8 leggings / 8) slub tee / 9) straight leg ankle jeans / 10) orange and pink sweater / 11) leopard flats / 12) Warners Women’s Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra
1) batwing cocoon cardigan / This cardi was actually one that I introduced last year, and I know that tons of y’all bought it last year. I’m actually thinking that when I highlighted it this year, there were probably a lot of repeat buyers! I’m thinking that many of you that bought it last year and loved it ended up buying it again in another color! It is one of my very favorite Amazon finds over the last several years. I ordered it on a whim, and I didn’t even really love it when I took it out of the box. However, the moment I slipped it on I FELL IN LOVE.
I’m wearing the “dark khaki” here, but think it’s more of a dark and rich brown. The forearms are ribbed and fitted, it’s a batwing sleeve, and it’s a cocoon fit. It’s fitted more around the bottom, so it kind of just envelopes you. I think it’s awesome. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
Here it is styled with a colored tee and mules.
2) striped sweater / THIS DARLING SWEATER is so happy and vibrant! It’s so stinkin’ cute. (And it comes in a neutral stripe as well that is absolutely gorgeous as well.) I ordered a medium in this sweater, it arrived, and I love it so much. I’ll be showing it on me later this week.
Here I’ve taken the sweater, and I’ve styled it a bit dressier by just switching out the jeans for a great pair of light-colored cords. And the cords are on sale too!
3) cognac loafer mule / These cognac loafer mules are chic, sophisticated, and super comfortable. They are perfect for transitioning to fall! Here they are styled in a handful of different outfits…
I think they are perfect with this plaid blazer!
Here I love the cognac paired with the black sweater and the washed black denim.
And here’s one last outfit with the mules…
4) floral mules / Speaking of mules, here’s another pair! This pair is an adorable floral, and you can get them on Amazon! This floral pattern spoke to me. These are so cute with sweaters and jeans! Or with black work pants! This is a great little shoe that really makes a statement. Comfy and true to size.
5) coatigan (light camel) / Okay, ladies. I WAS INFLUENCED. Literally, I feel like 1/2 of the influencers I follow told me that I needed this coatigan. They told me I needed it, I believed them, I bought it, and they were right.
It’s called a “coatigan” because it’s 50% coat and 50% cardigan. I’ll tell you this.. I think it’s 100% fabulous. I actually don’t love wearing a coat, so I think this is a great option. And because its 1/2 cardigan, you won’t even need to take it off when inside if you don’t want to. You could wear this all day long and it would be fine. It’s not bulky at all, but it will still keep you warm. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
coatigan (light camel) / white tee / similar stretchy jeans from same maker (sky blue) / earrings / necklace / gold bracelet stack (matte gold tone) / rainbow stripe bracelet stack / chunky heel booties (1-light brown)
You are about to see that it’s incredible versatile! I’ve styled it 6 more ways below…
I’m in love with this outfit. Casual, but sooo chic too. I think the green bag looks awesome with the camel coatigan (officially called “light camel”).
This outfit is almost the same, but I switched out the studs for hoop earrings and I switched out the sneakers for leopard flats. I’ve always loved leopard and green together.
I think it looks great with this fall floral top. AND THESE JEANS! They look great with sneakers, flats, and booties. They are my favorite jeans from last year, and I’m so psyched that they brought them back! GET THEM. Seriously, get them. I wear my regular size 4, but size down if between sizes.
Here’s a classic look. I decided to go with one of my favorite black sweaters and my new black bag that I’m completely smitten with.
I mean, styling it with my favorite faux leather leggings just seemed like the right thing to do. I have no idea why I didn’t think of it before. How great is this look with a sling bag, Chelsea boots, and beaded fringe earrings. I want to wear this outfit and take a trip to New York. It feels very New York, don’t ya think?
And here I’ve taken the same base outfit, but I added a scarf and changed the bag. I feel like the above look is a bit more edgy, and this look is a bit more sophisticated. I mean, as sophisticated as you can be when rocking faux leather leggings.
6) micro mineral resurfacing scrub / Lots of you purchased Colleen Rothschild products this month, and it seems like many of you decided to try the Micro Mineral Resurfacing Scrub. I’m so happy because it’s a fantastic product. I use it every single time I have dry or flaky skin, but that’s not very often. I also use it when my skin is just looking dull and lackluster. I gently rub this scrub all over my face (it feels like very fine sand), and then I rinse it all off. My skin immediately feels and looks fresher!
7) 7/8 leggings and 8) slub tee / Here I ’m styling my favorite Zella tee and the best 7/8 leggings on the planet. Both have been favorites for a couple of years now, and I own both in several colors…. but I’m LOVING this fun new color. I’m guessing most of y’all that grabbed these pieces already have and love them in other colors. I thought the monochromatic look shown here was bold and so much fun!
If you’re a little afraid of the head-to-toe color, you can sub in the white tee. Throw a denim jacket on top and you are ready for a day full of carpool and errands. Oh, you could stop by the gym too. Haha! 😉 This is also a great travel day outfit.
9) straight leg ankle jeans / These jeans are my favorite jeans from last year, and I was so excited to see that they brought them back this year!
hey are a straight leg jean, they are the perfect ankle length, and they have a raw hem and cute little slits on the sides. They are perfect with sneakers, with flats, with booties, and with heels! If you’re looking for an awesome pair of jeans at an affordable price point, these are your jeans.
They are a great way to not wear a skinny jean without having to go total wide leg or flare. As far as I’m concerned, these are THE JEANS for fall! I’m wearing my regular size 4, but size down if between sizes. If you’re not familiar with Wit and Wisdom jeans, they are super stretchy and very comfy. They have Ab-Solution technology, and they mold and hold you while still allowing you to breathe. They really are soooo flattering and incredibly comfortable.
This pic is about the sneakers, but check out the subtle frayed hem and the side slits on the jeans. So cute! (And while you’re at it, check out the precious pup.) 😉
These sneakers come in tons of color options, and I have a couple of them, but this pair is a great neutral option (officially the “white/tan leather”). I love that you just slip them on and don’t have to worry about tying the laces. They are quite comfy and are a great casual touch with so many outfits. I wear them with jeans, shorts, skirts, and dresses. True to size for me.
Earlier this week I showed you a $25 pair of sneakers that are super cute too, but the ones below are real leather if that’s what you would prefer. They are also more narrow than the $25 option. Both are great options to the over $500 Golden Goose sneakers. (But I have to say, I do love my pair of GG sneaks.)
10) orange and pink sweater / Y’all have already seen tons of outfits with these jeans, these sneakers, and this jewelry… I just added a new sweater and a new bag. I’m totally smitten with this pink and orange combo. I ordered it immediately, it arrived, and I love it so much! I’ll share it styled on me later this week.
11) leopard flats / Here’s a close up look the leopard flats. These ballet flats are totally charming and will add a little bit of sass to your outfits. I happen to love this leopard pattern, but if you don’t, there are lots of solid options as well. I love them with ankle jeans and my must have black pants. True to size for me.
Look! How! Cute!
Here’s an outfit styled with the flats….
(There are lots more outfits with these flats in other places on this post.)
12) Warners Women’s Easy Does It No Bulge Wire-Free Bra / This bra was very popular with y’all this month, but it isn’t even the NEW bra I was highlighting this month! I first highlighted this bra last year, but I talked about it again this month just because I still love it and still think it’s fabulous.
This bra offers the following:
- underarm smoothing fabrics and technology
- a no-dig bottom band
- natural lifting
- no dig wire engineering
This bra is really great for all day wear as well as lounging at home. It will provide the support you need and the comfort you desire.
It’s got perfectly rounded cups (I don’t enjoy a pointy boob), and the entire thing is stretchy and feels amazing on. Doesn’t it look SO COMFY?
And because of the stretch, the sizing is so forgiving.
This particular bra is available in a range of sizes from S to 3 XL. This chart should help you decide on your size. I’m a 34D, this chart told me to order a medium, and the medium is PERFECT for me!
Tons of y’all bought this bra too (I had lots of requests to review a bra with underwire), but more of you bought the OG you see above.
With extra-cushioned underwire, this T-shirt bra is almost too comfortable to believe. It features full-coverage cups to ensure you get your best shape under clothes, plus convenient, front-adjustable straps. Support, plus comfort—it’s the perfect best-of-both-worlds bra.
In a nutshell, the fit is great, and the support is excellent.
I’ll admit, when this bra first arrived, I didn’t think I was going to like it. At first glance, I thought it looked like a push up bra, and I’m not a fan of push up bras at all because I never want for my boobs to look bigger than they already are. But y’all! I was surprised to find that this bra provides shape and support, but it doesn’t add bulk! #justsaynotobulkyboobies
BONUS: MY PERSONAL FAVORITES
I’m also giving y’all some BONUS CONTENT today, only because I had a handful of personal favorites that didn’t make y’alls Top 12.
I keep reaching for both of these sets of bracelets again and again. And then again.
I’m officially FLIPPING OUT over this dress.
The colors are gorgeous, the floral pattern is so pretty, and the fit is fabulous. It features a ruffle detail neckline, button-down front, sheer sleeves with smocked cuffs and a relaxed silhouette with self-tie belt. It comes with a lilac-colored spaghetti strap slap to wear under it, so you don’t have to worry about the body being too sheer. If you’re a tall girl, this might be too short on you, but I love the length on me. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. Don’t forget to use the code STMT10. This is a dress that I would expect to pay well over $100 for, but it’s only $79 AND you get the 10% discount!
I styled it here first with a pair of studded sandals with a modern heel.
And I couldn’t resist styling the dress with this puff sleeve jacket. It’s a beautiful caramel color, it has bronze buttons, and tiny little pleats with super subtle puff sleeves. And probably most importantly, it has quite a bit of stretch in it! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. You can use the STMT10 code on both the jacket and the dress!
The $25 price tag on these make these totally accessible to everybody! If you’ve been wanting to try a fashion sneaker with a sparkly star, but haven’t wanted to spend the money, here is your sign! Grab them for sure.
FYI: I’m in love with the bag too.
This crossbody bag is one that I just showed for the first time early in September, and I can’t get over it. It’s a wonderful Kelly green, and it is beautifully made. IT LOOKS DESIGNER, Y’ALL. The interior has 2 different compartments and a large zippered pocket, which makes it easy to organize your stuff inside. Carry it cross body or by the top handle. It’s a really great bag. I wish it came in other colors for those of you that don’t want to go bold with green, but I happen to love it! It would be so chic with an all black outfit! And get this. It’s just under $25.
That’s all for today, y ‘all! Did you grab one of these items earlier this month? If not, are you grabbing something today? Sound off in the comments!