At the start of this year, I decided at the beginning of each new month that I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. I think it’s so fun to look back and see what favorites emerged from the month, and y’all really love these posts too!
Today I’m going to share y’alls Top 12 favorites from the month. Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 are in my top picks as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all but one of the items are UNDER $100 and the majority are under $50.
So, what were your favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
OH WAIT! I have a disclaimer this month…there were several items this month that made the Top 12 that are totally sold out. If that was the case, I bumped another item up. A couple of other pairs of Wit and Wisdom jeans and a Madewell dress were definitely in the top 12, but since they aren’t available anymore, they didn’t make the list.
1) short sleeved sweater / 2) wedge sneakers / 3) face oil / 4) open front cardi / 5) military jacket / 6) sling bag / 7) balloon sleeve sweater / 8) batwing pullover / 9) Cloud 9 Wire Free Contour Bra / 10) leather sneakers / 11) Dyson V11 / 12) raw hem skinny jeans
1) short sleeved sweater / Okay, I’ve got lots to say about this sweater. I saw Shay wearing one in a different color, and I immediately wanted to order it for myself. First of all, I think this rust color is absolutely beautiful and love it for fall. It’s officially called “red”, but it’s definitely more of a pumpkin or rust. It also comes in black, blue, grey, beige, khaki, and a light pink.
This sweater has mixed reviews, but I really like it. In fact, I like it so much I think I might grab it in black too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
And here it is with my camo pants. These pants were previously totally sold out, but right now there are a handful available in most sizes.
2) wedge sneakers / I bought a pair of neutral wedge sneakers that I absolutely loved several years ago, and I still love them, but I wanted to find a current pair for y’all for this fall. I find that I love throwing on a wedge sneaker with a lot of my casual fall outfits with both jeans and joggers.
These wedge sneakers are an incredible deal. All colors available are under $35, and many are under $30 right now. The ones I have are the “taupe”, and I like the perforations on the side and the band across the top. The fit is really cute and they are super comfy. True to size for me.
3) face oil / So the Colleen Rothschild face oil is a product my mom and sister have always sworn by, but I didn’t start using it until kind of recently. AND NOW I CANNOT IMAGINE NOT USING IT. Every single night I mix a pump with my favorite moisturizer and gently rub it all over my face. My face absolutely drinks it up and my skin LOVES it. And if you use the code STMT20, it will take $17 OFF! This product will last you forever. I think I’ve had mine for a year, so it’s really an incredible value.
4) open front cardi / You’ve seen the cardigan many times on the blog. It’s so soft, hangs perfectly, and comes in 13 colors. I have it in several colors and it’s a staple in my closet for sure. For size reference, I wear the small/medium.
5) military jacket / This particular military jacket is FANTASTIC. I’m wearing the “surplus”, but it comes in 6 additional colors. The fit is SO CUTE. The jacket is very flattering, and I love the stand up collar. It’s got a little bit of stretch in it, which makes it very comfy, and not restrictive at all like other similar jackets sometimes are. All of the colors available are under $40, but depending on the size and color you want, you might be able to grab it for under $30. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6. It has EXCELLENT ratings.
6) sling bag / I featured this for the first time last Monday, and it still made the Top 12! It’s going to be a great year round bag for me and it’s made exclusively for Anthropologie by Urban Originals. I love that the brand takes pride in creating stylish, luxe-looking bags and accessories out of sustainable and recycled materials. They are even endorsed by PETA and their entire collection is certified vegan.
There is one outer snap pocket, one inner slip, and a 4 card slip pocket. It has a zip closure, the embroidered strap is adjustable, and you can even switch out straps for different straps/patterns.
I. LOVE. THIS. BAG.
7) balloon sleeve sweater / This balloon sleeve sweater is a cotton blend with drop shoulders and a beautiful balloon sleeve. It’s lightweight, very soft, and has a bit of stretch in it which makes it very comfy. It’s casual enough to wear with jeans and sneakers, but it could very easily be dressed up for the office as well. I’m wearing a medium and there’s some extra room, so I would say it’s true to size or maybe even runs a bit big (even though the description says it runs small). I love the fit and the sleeves.
AND GREAT NEWS! I thought that there was only a couple of colors left, but then I got the bright idea to search the sweater and found out that they’ve just been separated into different links because SEVERAL COLORS ARE ON SALE!
8) batwing pullover / Check out this batwing pullover! First of all, the ratings are EXCELLENT. Secondly, you won’t even believe how soft this sweater is. It’s stupid soft, crazy cozy, and DARLING. I have it pulled up at my waist here, but the next picture will show you that it’s actually tunic length.
See? You can wear it pulled up, or you can wear it tunic length!
I recommend you heading to the site to see pictures of tons of other reviewers in this sweater. It comes in several color block options as well as lots of solids too. I’m wearing the “khaki black”. It’s one size fits all, and I NEVER understand how that works, but this one works for me! Haha!
It’s an incredible deal at only $27.99. This is definitely one of those sweaters that I predict after receiving the first one, most people will order a 2nd one in another color. It’s just too good.
9) Cloud 9 Wire Free Contour Bra / This bra is amazing. And stupid comfortable.
The entire thing is stretchy and feels amazing on. I don’t enjoy a pointy boob at all (I mean, who does), and this bra rounds me out perfectly. It also seems to flattens me out just a tiny bit, which I actually love.
Here’s the deal, I’m not that girl that likes to take my bra off as soon as I walk through the door. (Do I hear an audible gasp from y’all right now? Haha!) Even after I’m home for the evening, I prefer the girls to remain supported. And perky. And if a bra isn’t on my body, that ain’t happenin’.
So this bra allows my girls to be perky, while still allowing me to be ultra comfortable. Like this bra is so comfy that I’ll sleep in it. Actually, I have slept in it. Not on purpose, but still. That proves just how comfy it is.
So yes….I’m wearing it at home ALL THE TIME.
Like, ALL THE TIME.
I’ll wear it out as well, but I’ve actually designated this as my AT HOME BRA. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t make an occasional trip to the grocery store, because it totally does. And you can better believe that she goes on school carpool all the time. So don’t worry about her, she still gets out of the house. Haha!
10) leather sneakers / These sneakers are so so good. They are perfectly neutral, classic, and a tiny bit sporty. I had other leather DV sneakers last year (they had neon yellow and neon pink on them with leopard accents), and I wore the heck out of them. I LOVE THEM, but I thought it would be nice to have a more neutral option. Last year I bought my regular size, but I ended up wishing I’d sized down a 1/2. Since they are leather, they stretched out a bit, so I sized down a 1/2 in these. If you aren’t often between sizes, then I would probably just go with your regular size.
11) Dyson V11 / You got a special Saturday blog post a couple of Saturdays ago because of a special sale. The Dyson V11 Cordless Vacuum with Tools was (AND STILL IS!) on SUPER SPECIAL! Regularly $699, RIGHT NOW IT’S ONLY $499!!! I cannot believe it’s still on sale.
And while I know that’s still a lot of money, it’s also an incredible savings, and I’m telling you that we think the vacuum is worth every dang penny! Head to the blog to read my full review. I compare it to the V8 that I reviewed in July and highlight all the differences.
12) raw hem skinny jeans / If you are looking for a classic pair of dark wash jeans with no distressing, LOOK NO FURTHER. I think I’ve had these jeans for 2 years now. They still look great, and they keep stocking them because they are so dang popular. I like distressing as much as the next gal, but I always need “clean” pair or two in my closet as well. These are “clean” and the dark wash makes them easy to dress up if you’d like. The raw hem is subtle. For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4 (not petite).
Since these are skinny, they would also be great with tall boots.
Click HERE if you missed August’s Top 12. Lots of great items that are almost all still available! And I’m dying that the bra and the wedge sneakers were in last month’s tip top products too. Clearly, y’all are loving them!
1) coffee graphic tee / 2) cheetah bracelet / 3) striped tote and bag strap / 4) huggie earrings / 5) block heel booties / 6) striped sweater / 7) star military jacket / 8) layered necklace / 9) Cloud 9 Wire Free Bra (butterscotch)/ 10) wedge sneakers / 11) elbow sleeve tiered dress / 12) grey jeans /
AMAZON BEAUTY EVENTS
One more thing! This morning Amazon launched their beauty holiday events, starting with cosmetics and hair deals.
Look at this Urban Decay set, almost $30 OFF! WOW!
I’ve been hearing great things about WOW products! This color security shampoo is 33% OFF!
And WHOAH! This It Cosmetics under eye corrector and brush duo is 50% OFF! I have this brush and LOVE IT. Right now I’m using the big brush to apply blush and the little brush to apply my base eyeshadow. It’s super convenient.
That’s it, y’all!
If these items didn’t catch your eye earlier in the month, maybe they did today? I’m so happy to have them in my closet, and I know they are going to serve me well. Have a great Monday!