At the start of this year, I decided at the beginning of each new month that I was going to do some type of recap from the previous month. I think it’s so fun to look back and see what favorites emerged from the month, and y’all really love these posts too!
Now listen, I know we’re still in August right now, but due to some scheduling difficulties I had for upcoming posts, we’re going to go ahead and recap the most popular August items today!
Today I’m going to share y’alls Top 12 favorites from the month. Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 are in my top picks as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all but one of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $50, and several are under $20!
So, what were your favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) coffee graphic tee / 2) cheetah bracelet / 3) striped tote and bag strap / 4) huggie earrings / 5) block heel booties / 6) striped sweater / 7) star military jacket / 8) layered necklace / 9) Cloud 9 Wire Free Bra (butterscotch)/ 10) wedge sneakers / 11) elbow sleeve tiered dress / 12) grey jeans /
1) coffee graphic tee / I don’t even like coffee, but I think this coffee tee is adorable. It’s also super soft with some stretch, so it’s a cute and comfy fit. For size reference, I wear a medium. It comes in several colors, all are under $20, and some are under $15! The reviews are excellent. You can click HERE to see it on me.
2) cheetah bracelet / The STMT x Victoria Emerson fall COLLECTION was definitely a favorite of y’alls! THANK HEAVENS! Launching these collections is always a bit nerve wracking for me, but I knew y’all would LOVE this one, and everybody was just so incredibly supportive. The Lynne bracelet is named for my precious mama. Her name is Judy Lynne, and I’m just so lucky that she’s mine. There’s so much I love about her, but one of my favorite things is that she’s the absolute best prayer warrior. If she says she is going to pray for you, you can trust that she is absolutely committed to storming the heavens on your behalf. Love you, Mom! Click HERE to get to the launch post to see all of the bracelets. They extended the deal for us, so the bracelets are still BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!!! No code needed, just put at least 2 items in your cart, and the discount will be applied at checkout. You could buy 8 bracelets and only be charged for 4. And I’m telling you, that’s not a bad idea. Consider stocking up on gifts!
Here’s a quick look at the entire collection…
The bracelets are regularly $34 a piece, but with the BOGO promotion, you can get them for $17 each! What a deal!
3) striped tote / This striped tote was the biggest surprise for me for this Top 12 list. I mean, I just showed it for the first time this past Friday, but y’all went crazy for it. I’m hopeful that mine is going to arrive today so I’ll have a more detailed review later this week. The bag doesn’t come with a strap (just the handles), but you can click HERE for the black and white strap you see below if you want to add it on your order.
The medium is what is shown below, and the medium is what I’m getting! I think it’s adorable and absolutely love the black and white stripe. It features 2 interior pockets (one with a zipper!), magnetic snap closure, 2 gold rings that allow you to attach a strap, and 4 gold studs on the bottom of the bag.
4) huggie earrings / The Katherine earrings are named after my mother-in-law, Diane Katherine. I knew I wanted huggie earrings in the STMT fall collection, but it took a couple of designs to get them the right size, weight, design, and finish.
The earrings are a stainless steel base with 18k gold plating, so you can even shower in them! They are very well made, and they are also included in the BOGO Sale. You can get two pairs of earrings, or you could get a pair of earrings and a bracelet! Whatever your heart desires.
I put them on my finger so you could get a good idea for the their size. I love both of them.
As you can see, like some of the bracelets, they also come with pyramid studs or round studs.
The huggies with the round studs are a just a tiny bit more substantial than the pyramids, but they are both a great size and weight. I haven’t taken them out of my ears in days (LOVE that you can shower in them!). I only have 1 hole in each ear, but Shay sent me a picture with them stacked on her ears and they look awesome stacked!
5) block heel booties / I bought myself a pair of super similar booties from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this year. I believe I got them for around $89 (but they are now $129), and they are Steve Madden. You can still find them HERE and some sizes are available again in the neutral and they seem to still be well stocked in the snakeskin.
For those that no longer have their size available or don’t want to pay that price, I found a great alternative on Amazon! Click HERE for the chunky booties seen below. Mine are the “light brown”, but there are several other very similar neutrals to choose from as well as white, cognac, black, snakeskin and others. The block heel, the pointy toe, and the deep cut out on the side all look awesome. And listen, I clicked around, and all sizes and colors appear to be UNDER $50. What a deal!
I think they are quite comfortable and they are true to size for me. If you are often between sizes, I think I would recommend going down 1/2 a size.
6) striped sweater / I first showed y’all this sweater a couple of weeks ago with a pair of straight legged jeans that I wanted to love, but I didn’t. It was a big ol NO on the jeans for me dog. But I showed the sweater again last week with some new jeans. The sweater is lightweight and a perfectly relaxed fit. I love the navy and camel stripe and I know I will wear it all fall long. It looks great on it’s own, but it would also look awesome under a military jacket…even the star military jacket in the collage! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
7) star military jacket / This is the military jacket that I had on my Fun Fall Finds collage last month…and now that I have it…I have to say it is definitely a FUN FALL FIND. And it was one of y’alls favorites (mine too)! It’s lightweight with just a bit of stretch. It has button closures, which I thought I didn’t like at first, but I never zip up a jacket so it’s actually fine. And I really do like the look of the buttons.
It also has an internal drawstring that allows you to cinch in the waist and customize the fit. The tone on tone stars make it interesting and I of course love the collar. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium, but I actually have it cinched up quite a bit…so I think a small would be a better fit. I guess I would say that it runs on the big side because I would typically take a medium in a jacket like this.
8) layered necklace / The necklace is really 3 necklaces in 1, which is awesome. They aren’t attached, so you can wear each of them on their own or you can wear both of them together for a layered look. It’s got fabulous reviews, it’s a great price, and many of you can get it same day or next day! I love mine, and it’s ONLY $12.99! Although they didn’t make the Top 12, the chunky hoop earrings were recommended to me by a reader, and I’m so happy to have them. They are simple and classic, but they are chunky so they make a bit of a statement. And you can’t beat the price. If you prefer a slimmer profile, these hoops are awesome too.
9) Cloud 9 Wire Free Bra / Okay, so this is a funny story, stick with me here. I mentioned a scheduling conflict in today’s intro, but this post was supposed to go live this coming Wednesday. In my original edit calendar, today’s post was supposed to be about a couple of new Warner’s bras that I’m reviewing. Do y’all remember when I reviewed 2 Warner’s bras back in May? I loved both of the bras AND Y’ALL LOVED BOTH OF THE BRAS TOO! I got soooo much great feedback on them (click HERE if you want to read about those bras).
So when Warner’s reached out to have me review 2 new bras, I was all HECK YES!!! So….here’s where the funny part starts. The bra post was supposed to be today, and the Top 12 post was supposed to be Monday. I went ahead and included the bra in the collage BECAUSE I KNOW Y’ALL. I have no doubt it would have been a Top 12 item for the month. In fact, if I had to guess, I imagine it would have been a Top 5 item for the month. Now, we don’t know yet since the post isn’t until Wednesday, but you can guarantee I’ll report back to you on Friday. In case you want a sneak peek, you can click HERE for the bra in today’s collage (without underwire) and you can click HERE for the other bra I’m reviewing (with underwire).
10) wedge sneakers /I bought a pair of neutral wedge sneakers that I absolutely loved several years ago, and I still love them, but I wanted to find a current pair for y’all for this fall. I find that I love throwing on a wedge sneaker with a lot of my casual fall outfits with both jeans and joggers.
These wedge sneakers are an incredible deal. All colors available are under $35, and many are under $30 right now. The ones I have are the “taupe”, and I like the perforations on the side and the band across the top. The fit is really cute and they are super comfy. True to size for me.
11) elbow sleeve tiered dress (tan/black floral) / This dress is DARLING, don’t ya think? It’s a washed linen with tiers, a split neck, and ruffles. It’s adorable without being too sweet, and I think it’s so cute styled with booties for fall…although it would be just as cute styled with sandals for now. I’m wearing the “tan/black woodblock floral” here, but it comes in several solids as well as some other seriously cute patterns (including an awning stripe and an indigo ikat).
It’s 55% linen and 45% cotton, so it definitely has a bit of structure to it. It’s a great dress! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It doesn’t have any give at all, so I definitely needed a medium for room in the chest.
12) grey jeans / I love having grey denim in my closet for fall and winter. I think it looks great styled with lots of different colors (black, white, red, olive, blush, and camel just to name a few), and it’s just nice to have denim options.
I’m almost 5’4″ (with long legs for my height), and wearing the regular size 4 here. As you can see on the site, they are much shorter on the model, but I definitely prefer them this length. I wouldn’t mind them a tiny bit shorter, but I definitely don’t like them as short as they are on the site. I think the petites would be way too short on me in this particular pair of jeans.
So that’s it for August’s Top 12! Were some of these items your personal favorites from the month too? I’d love to hear your feedback, so please sound off in the comments!
But before you go, I’ve got a couple more things I want to share….
This has nothing to do with August favorites, but I want to show you two pairs of sneakers that I just ordered. And I’ve gotta say, I’m pretty certain that at least one of these pairs will be on September’s Top 12 list.
Y’all know the Madewell sneakers I showed last month? I thought they were so cute, but every single time I put them on they were kind of a fight to get on. Once they were on, they were super comfortable, but I realized fighting to get them on wasn’t worth it. So……I ordered 2 new pairs of sneakers. I want a pair of sneakers that I LOVE, and I want y’all to have some sneaker choices to choose from.
So I ordered these Veja’s last night, and I’m super pumped about them. I think the vintage styling is so much fun! They are European sizing, and there’s a note on the site to please size up. I’ll obviously review them as soon as I get them, but I’m afraid these babies are going to fly off the shelves.
I also ordered these fashion sneakers from Dolce Vita. I had a pair of DV sneaks that I LOVED last year, so I’m hopeful I’m going to love these! These are a great neutral!
That’s it, y’all! It’s obvious from the favorites this month that y’all are done buying summer pieces, and everybody is starting to build their fall wardrobes.
If these items didn’t catch your eye earlier in the month, maybe they did today? I’m so happy to have them in my closet, and I know they are going to serve me well. Have a great Monday!