This post is sponsored by Nordstrom and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote items that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
IT’S HERE! IT’S FINALLY HERE! EVERYBODY CAN OFFICIALLY SHOP THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!
I know many of y’all have been waiting for this day for a sweet forever. I’m sending you all sorts of positive thoughts that the items you really want are still available! But listen, if they’re not, I want to encourage you to keep checking back. Returns continue to roll in every single day, and when returns roll in, often times a small number of previously sold out items pop back onto the site. I’ve gotten lucky several times before because I was a dedicated stalker, so don’t be afraid to check back frequently!
Today I’m highlighting BEAUTY! Why? Because the beauty products FLIPPING ROCK this year.
However, before we get to beauty, I want to list out a handful of items that are still available that I 1000% recommend you throw in your cart right this very second. Do it before everybody else does and they’re gone.
YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
* The best blanket in the history of blankets. Like EVER. And don’t get just 1, get at least 2. It’s incredibly soft, so warm, comes in tons of colors, and it launders beautifully. And it makes THE BEST GIFT for all ages. Your college son, your 90 year old grandma, EVERYBODY will love it. I’ve had readers that say they have bought as many as 18 over the years for themselves and to give out as gifts.
* You HAVE TO get the MUST HAVE soft pocket lounge leggings. Like you have to. Please listen to me. Click HERE to see an entire post I dedicated to them. You can read all my thoughts and see me in several different colors.
* I love the classic simplicity of these hoops. And I love that they don’t have posts sticking out.
* This is one of my favorite jackets from the sale, and I can’t believe it’s still stocked!!!! It’s so vibrant and fun! I wear a medium, which is true to size for me in North Face jackets.
* These Adidas sneakers (in black) appear to be fully stocked in the smaller sizes (like 7 and below). I have last year’s version and LOVE them.
* I really love these grey jeans with the frayed and step hem. They aren’t as short on me as they are on the model. At 5’4″, I got the regular size 4. I love grey jeans as an option to regular and black denim. I will show these styled in an outfit on Friday!
* If you don’t have a MUST HAVE baby blardigan, this is your year. I know it’s expensive, BUT IT’S WORTH IT. #treatyoself
NSALE BEAUTY FINDS
Now I’m going to get right into it and start sharing beauty items I purchased this year or already owned from this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
This Riki 10x lighted mirror is an item I picked up during last year’s sale. It’s worth every single penny at full price, so it’s an amazing deal during the sale at $80 OFF! It’s got LED lights, a magnifying mirror attachment, and a cell phone clip. It’s so thin that I travel with it, and if I lost it, I would immediately buy it again (even at full price). That’s how much I love it. More information: Five stages of dimming gives you full control of the level you want to see, while the 10X magnifying mirror helps you get up close and personal with lashes and brows and for detail work, especially around the eyes.
I’m always a sucker for a pretty gloss, and I love Charlotte Tilbury glosses. This Charlotte Tilbury gloss trio was a no brainer for me. All 3 colors are beautiful and they contain collagen to give lips a fuller and more hydrated appearance. I decided to include the boxes in a lot of my shots today because I want you to see that they are packaged beautifully in case you want to consider picking up some as early Christmas gifts.
I’ve tried and love all 3 of the colors in the set. Shades include Pillow Talk, Walk of No Shame, and Refresh Rose. I’ve had both Pillow Talk and Walk of No Shame before and they are both colors I highly recommend. Also, they all contain peppermint extract, which gives a minty fresh taste and feeling.
This MAC lipstick and lip gloss set contains a Prep and Prime lip treatment, a lipstick, and a gloss. I think the “deep” set is so pretty and an awesome deal for all 3 products. The primer reduces feathering and provides immediate hydration before putting on the lipstick. The “deep” color is like a light colored berry, and I think it’s gorgeous for fall (it looks darker here than it actually is once on), and the gloss provides glass like shine with a pretty berry pigmented color. This is a great set.
First of all, I’m a sucker for packaging, and this NARS cheek palette is a great size and such a pretty pink.
It includes a blush, a highlighter, and a bronzer. You can apply the shades individually or you can blend them together for customized and personalized looks. This would make a great Christmas gift.
Another excellent gift for yourself or somebody else, this Trish McEvoy mascara set.
If y’all have been following me for awhile, you know I’ve never found a mascara that I’ve loved and been loyal to for over a handful of months. Well, I’ve only had these for about a week now, but so far I’m truly loving both of them! Both of the brushes are great, and I feel like one gives me a fuller look while the other one gives me a wispy, long, and separated look.
I’ve been using the Magic Cream for years, and I was thrilled when they introduced this travel set. I always take my Magic Cream when I go out of town, but the regular size jar takes up so much room in my bag, so I’m THRILLED that this travel set comes with a smaller Magic Cream jar. It also comes with the Magic Serum and the Flawless Setting Spray, both awesome products and so handy to have in these travel sizes.
Look how whipped and creamy the Magic Cream is! I have to say, it is my favorite moisturizer I’ve ever used. It’s been my go to for a couple of years now. I will use others when I’m out of this that I like just fine, but I LOVE the CT Magic Cream.
I bought this silk hair tie set for myself, but this is another set that would make a fantastic Christmas gift.
The set includes 6 small hair ties and 2 larger scrunchi like hair ties. Both sizes are AWESOME. Every night I use a small tie to pull my hair back before going to bed. It stays put, and I don’t have to worry about damaging or breaking my hair with a regular elastic.
I scooped the Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum up and I am PUMPED! I’ve shared how my eyebrows have become sparse in areas, and I’m really hoping this serum is going to help. It’s a fantastic deal during the sale. I swipe it on right after I swipe on the Nuelash eyelash serum. I’ve started keeping both on my bedside table because I found I was having trouble using the eyelash serum consistently, and I never wanted to get out of bed to swipe it on after I remembered. Now it’s not a problem. I just reach over, do a little swipe swipe, and let the serums do the work. I know the eyelash serum works, so I’m anxious to see my eyebrows fill in!
This Voluspa set with 5 candles is an incredible deal! Keep them all for yourself or parcel them out as birthday gifts, teacher gifts, or stocking stuffers.
That’s it for what I grabbed from the beauty department this year. Click HERE to shop the entire beauty department for yourself!
IT COSMETICS 30% OFF at NORDSTROM
In addition to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale items found in the beauty department, Nordstrom is running several awesome beauty sales that just started today!
Get This! It Cosmetics is 20% OFF the entire line!
I was introduced to It Cosmetics in October of 2020, and I absolutely fell in love with several products. Let’s start with the products that create the palette for the rest of the makeup.
My first step is the primer. The Your Skin But Better Primer + Oil Free will hydrate your skin while also providing a makeup gripping base. It will extend the life of your makeup, and their claims state that extended use of this product will also refine the look of pores. Large pores are definitely a problem area for me, so I’m all about any type of pore refining technology. I really liked the way it felt on my skin, and I felt like the CC cream went on top of it very smoothly.
Next up, we’re talking about the CC+ Cream.
It’s the CC Cream that I’d been hearing about for years, and now I know why. IT’S TOTALLY LEGIT. And because I didn’t know for a lonnnnnnnnnng time, CC stands for “Color Correcting.” It makes so much sense. Ha!
IT Cosmetics has the #1 CC Cream in America with over 20,000 5 STAR REVIEWS! It will provide you with:
- Lightweight, hydrating texture that won’t crease or crack
- Hydrating anti-aging serum that improves the look of your skin
- Physical sunscreen with up to SPF 50+—perfect for even sensitive skin
If you’re a regular reader here, you know that during the summer months I like combining SuperGoop Glow Screen with the Drunk Elephant Bronzing Drops for my summertime foundation. I also recently discovered a tarte foundation I love.
But this CC+ Cream is what I’ll be wearing in fall and winter months. The CC+ cream gives FULL coverage, and I appreciate that I now have this as an option. I mean, heaven knows I’m not getting any younger. There are many of you out there who didn’t love my other recommendation simply because you felt it was too sheer for your needs. WELL. This CC+ Cream is going to make you SO HAPPY. I mean, look how happy it makes me.
If you hop over to the It Cosmetics site and scroll down, you will be directed to a chart that helps you know if you’re undertone is Cool, Neutral, or Warm…which will in turn help you choose a color. And if you scroll down right under that chart, you will also see a Before and After picture where the CC Cream is showing off. The After pic is awesome.
Here’s the deal…
I had gotten away from using full coverage foundations because I always found them to be drying and to look cakey. WELL, NOT THIS ONE!
When applying, a little product goes a long way. I dab a couple of dots on my forehead, a couple on each cheek, and one on my nose and my chin. I then get to work smoothing it out with the Heavenly Skin Skin Smoothing Complexion Brush. The brush really does the work for me. It was developed with plastic surgeons and dermatologists and it blurs away the appearance of lines, pores and imperfections. It really does gives an airbrushed almost flawless finish. THE BRUSH DOES IT’S JOB. Plus, it’s cruelty-free and pro-hygienic for even the most sensitive skin types!
Moving on from the CC Cream.
I’m not sure if y’all have ever paid attention to this fact in previous beauty posts, but I’ve never used an under eye cream in my makeup routine.
Cue the gasps.
I’ve tried many before, but I always felt like the product would really settle in my lines. WELL. The Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer doesn’t. I dot the tiniest amount of product under each eye, then I dab dab dab with my ring finger until it’s all absorbed. It doesn’t crease or crack, and it improves the appearance of wrinkles. It also conceals dark circles, bags, redness, and more!
Sign me right on up.
Now let’s talk about adding some beautiful color to your face with this palette.
The colors are so pretty and really give you a nice soft glow. And at my age, I’m all about the glow.
I truly love this palette. It’s so convenient to have the blush, highlighter, and bronzer all in 1 compact.
BEAUTY FAVORITES STILL IN STOCK
You saw a version of this collage a couple of weeks ago, but I’ve updated it! I took items off that are no longer available, and I added new items that are still in stock.
1) Flowerbomb set / 2) Riki 10x lighted mirror / 3) NARS lip gloss set with bag / 4) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Travel Set / 5) Ambient Lighting Essentials Palette / 6) Tula kit with bag / 7) Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum / 8) Nuelash Eyelash Serum / 9) Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Face Oil / 10) NARS cheek palette / 11) Trish McEvoy mascara set / 12) St. Tropez Jumbo Bronzing Mousse / 13) Charlotte Tilbury gloss trio / 14) silk hair tie set /15) Moroccanoil Shampoo, Conditioner, and oil set / 16) MAC lipstick and lip gloss set
1) Flowerbomb set – I’ve always loved the way Flowerbomb smells, so this year might be the year I grab it (depending on what else ends up in my cart and how much I’m spending on everything else). It’s a FULL SIZE perfume with a body cream, shower gel, and body lotion.
2) Riki 10x lighted mirror – see above
3) NARS lip gloss set with bag – see above
4) Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Travel Set – see above
5) Ambient Lighting Essentials Palette – So this gorgeous palette sold out earlier in the sale, BUT IT’S BACK! I’ve seen several influencers talk about it and show how they use it, and it’s so so pretty.
6) Tula cleanser set – As mentioned before, y’all know I’m loyal to Colleen Rothschild products, but I do have some Tula products that I’ve tried and loved (like the exfoliating pads and the cooling eye balm stick that’s in this set). Click through to see the cute bag that comes with the set as well as a full size cleanser and a full size day and night moisturizer.
7) Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum – see above
8) Nuelash Eyelash Serum – I use and love this serum. I don’t have to buy it for myself this year because I bought it last year and just broke out my 2nd tube. I need to be more consistent about using it like my sister is (because she has FANTASTIC results).
9) Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Face Oil – Do you follow Kathleen Jennings on instagram? She’s always sharing and reviewing her beauty finds and is a very trusted source. I thought I took a screen shot of the slide where she showed this on insastories last week, but I can’t find it anywhere. I cannot remember exactly what she said about it, but I know she was thrilled it was in the sale and said it was a fantastic deal. Plus, it has well over 1,000 5 star reviews. That’s really hard to get on skincare products.
10) NARS cheek palette – see above
11) Trish McEvoy mascara set – see above
12) St. Tropez Jumbo Bronzing Mousse – Y’all know I have a favorite self tanner from Amazon, but I’ve been hearing about this St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse for a couple of years now from friends and other influencers. This is the jumbo size that’s included in the sale, so I’m tempted to try it.
13) Charlotte Tilbury gloss trio – see above
14) silk hair tie set – see above
15) Moroccanoil Shampoo, Conditioner, and oil set / This limited-edition set features Morroccanoil best-sellers, including full sizes of Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner.
16) MAC lipstick and lip gloss set – see above