Today it’s time for the 24th installment of Conner’s Closet!!! WOW! NUMBER 24! I can hardly believe it!
I’m just so thankful that when I had this idea a couple of years ago that Conner was excited about the idea too and more than happy to come play dress up over here once a month. I know that there are so many ladies that very much appreciate the time and effort that she puts into these posts, and I’m so happy to share her office style with all of you.
In case you are new here, Conner is my little sister, and she works in HR for a hospital system. Here she is with her little guy, Brody! I MEAN. HOW CUTE ARE THEY. But lemme tell ya, don’t let this precious picture fool you. That boy will give you a run for your money. And so did his mama when she was little. #sassy #karma
And we’ve got some news to share with you just in case you missed the announcement last month. Conner is pregnant and is already 6 months along! Conner, her hubby, and Brody are excited to welcome a new little nugget into their family in October. Congratulations, sister!
photo credit: Narci D Photography
Conner’s thoughts on all of her outfits today will be in italics, and my thoughts will be in regular font. Let me start out by saying that her super cute outfits almost make me want to work in an office. #almost
Let’s Get Started!
STRIPED FLUTTER SHELL AND CARDIGAN
You guys, I was so proud of myself for putting this outfit together sight unseen. The colors in the shell and the cardigan are a perfect match! I love this look with the cardigan, but the flutter sleeve shell is SO cute on its own, too! The shell has a linen look to it, so it can easily be dressed up or down. And let’s be honest, the flutter sleeves are to die for. I decided to wear it to work on casual Friday with white skinny jeans and I received so many compliments.
For a dressier look, the shell and cardi also look great paired with the skinny Marisa pants in navy (I don’t have a picture, so sorry…but just trust me here ). The cardigan is 74% cotton and 24% nylon, so it’s perfect for a chilly office during the summer. I’m wearing my Splendid wedges from last season, but check out these great Sam Edelman wedges that are 40% OFF right now!!!
All items fit true to size. I’m wearing an XS in the shell, XS in the cardigan and 00 in the Marisa pants (not shown here). WARNING: Do not dry the shell, I repeat…do NOT dry the shell. I know it will shrink because I have a similar top. I haven’t had to wash mine yet, but when I do, I will hand wash it and then hang it to dry.
Conner actually sent me a text on her way to work one day, and I think this pic gives you a really good look at the colors in the top. They are so fresh and summery!
STRIPED PULL ON PENCIL SKIRT AND BOAT NECK SWEATER
You guys…now that I am 6 months pregnant, I am ALL ABOUT the pull on skirt. I’m thankful that the LOFT makes them in so many prints and colors. (Side note: I know this obsession will continue even after pregnancy…these skirts are too comfortable to give up!) I think I have 6 or 7 now, but this new one is my favorite! How great are the colored stripes? I love them! The material is thick and very forgiving.
The skirt looks black in the photo, but it’s a dark navy. I decided to wear the skirt with a white boatneck short sleeve sweater. The neckline is so cute and I love the band at the bottom. It’s important to mention that this sweater is slightly sheer, so you definitely need to wear a nude (not white!) cami underneath. I recommend the LOFT clean cami in nude – you don’t see the lines!
The skirt (XS) and sweater (S, I sized up to a small to accommodate the growing belly) fit TTS. I have washed both items and hung them to dry with great results.
Conner, when you said the skirt was navy I clicked over to see it, and I couldn’t believe how bright and happy the colors are! This skirt is DARLING.
I know what you guys are thinking…Conner, is this dress work appropriate? Eh, not really…but my curiosity got the best of me and I HAD to add it to my cart. I’m so glad I did! This dress has it ALL…seersucker, crochet, bell cuffs and an off the shoulder neckline. Does it get any cute than this dress? Nope, don’t think so.
This dress is perfect for a casual dinner or a day at the beach! I can’t wait to take it with me on our annual summer trip to WI. It will also make a great swimsuit cover up! The material is thick enough so you don’t need to wear a slip or cami underneath.
Oh, I almost about the straw hoop ball earrings in beige – they’re to die for! They’re also super versatile…I’m wearing these earrings with both of the outfits mentioned above. Go ahead, add them to your cart already! I recommend sizing down in the dress. I’m wearing an XXS and it fits perfectly. I will wash the dress on the gently cycle and hang it to dry…no iron required!
I had ordered a couple of more items for this post, but I ended up not loving them. And like Sheaffer, I never want to recommend items if I don’t truly love them. Because of this, today’s post is short and sweet!
Thank you, Conner! You are the cutest little pregnant thing I’ve ever seen, and I have to have that last dress!
Before we go today, I have a Father’s Day gift guide where everything is from Amazon! I got lots of specific requests for an Amazon gift guide specifically, and I get it. Amazon makes everything so easy and the shipping is typically super fast.
And in all seriousness, what the heck did we do before everything was at our fingertips with Amazon? Oh, I remember. WE WENT TO THE STORE FOR EVERYTHING. How exhausting.
Everything in this collage is Chris approved and would make an EXCELLENT Father’s Day gift! See thoughts below.
- drawstring shorts / 2. electric knife / 3. croc flip flops / 4. electric griddle / 5. pressure washer / 6. 2 pack athletic shorts / 7. under armour freedom flag tee / 8. corn hole / 9. oral b electric toothbrush
- 2 pack athletic shorts – For years, Chris exclusively wore Under Armour shorts. Not because he cares about the brand, because he doesn’t at all….but because that’s what I bought him. Ha! I saw these last week and grabbed them, and Chris likes these just as much. The reviews are great and they are a total steal at $18 for a 2 pack.
- electric knife – Several years ago, Chris took Carter out to buy me a Christmas present, and Carter picked out an electric knife. He was all, “She won’t have to move her arm back and forth all the time while cutting things.” Ha! I thought it was so sweet. I have NEVER used the electric knife myself, but it’s one of Chris’s most used gadgets now. Fajitas on the grill? Get the electric knife. Pork tenderloin? Get the electric knife. Grilled steak or chicken? Get the electric knife. He uses it all the time.
- croc flip flops – So I’ve been talking about Chris’s Reef flip flops for years now. I got them for him for Father’s Day several years ago, and he loves them. On our walk with the dogs on Monday evening, I told him that I was doing an Amazon gift guide with some of his favorite items and he told me to make sure I included his flip flops that he was wearing. I told him I already had talked about the Reefs in my Lord + Taylor post earlier that day, and that’s when he told me the flip flops he was wearing were actually Crocs. I HAD NO IDEA. Even when I looked down, I thought they were the Reefs. Chris went ON AND ON about the Crocs. Apparently he purchased them for himself from Amazon a couple of months ago and says they are…and I quote… “the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned”. So there you go. They have fantastic reviews.
- electric griddle – This is an item Chris purchased for himself last year. He got it for the ranch to help make making breakfast easier when he’s down there with a bunch of guys. He loved it so much, that he got one for our house too. He piles on bacon, hash browns, and eggs for large groups and it’s so easy! And clean up is a breeze! Oh, and if you haven’t lived until you’ve made burgers on them. We like them even more than grilling burgers now.
- pressure washer – This is another item that he purchased for himself (I’m seeing a theme here!), and it was right before Christmas a couple of years ago. Isn’t it so annoying how men always do that right before holidays? He had mentioned wanting one and I had every intention of surprising him with one under the tree. But NOPE! Ha! He has pressure washed just about everything that stands still and when he does, I get a lot of “Come out here and look at this!”. They really are amazing and this one has excellent reviews.
- drawstring shorts – Along with the athletic shorts above, I grabbed these for Chris too. They are comfy, look great on, and are a step above athletic shorts before moving to a full blown khaki short. They are great for lounging around the house and running around town.
- Under Armour freedom flag tee – You know how I mentioned how annoying it is when men buy themselves items right before holidays? Well, a version of this happened on Monday evening in our house. Chris was in desperate need of new tees. He loves the quality and the look of Under Armour tees, and he wears them almost every single day at home. We hadn’t grabbed any new ones in several years, so on Monday morning I ordered 9 that would all be here by Father’s Day. And then Monday evening, Chris said, I’m about to order myself lots of new Under Armour tees. And then I had to tell him not to, so now he totally knows what he’s getting for Father’s Day. #men
- corn hole – Our family loves playing games like this, especially at the ranch. But these are just as easy to set up in your backyard at home.
- oral b electric toothbrush – Chris has used this toothbrush for years and swears by it. He finally convinced me to get it for myself last year, and I’ve never looked back.
All right, that’s it for today! I hope the post was helpful and you were able to cross some stuff off your list!