Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from August.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet (or kitchen), and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all but 1 of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, and a couple are under $50! The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Amazon, Colleen Rothschild, and Our Place.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) Colleen Rothschild Smooth and Shine Hair Serum / 2) fray hem kick flare jeans / 3) cardigan / 4) best black pants ever / 5) plaid mules / 6) Our Place Cast Iron Always Pan / 7) necklace / 8) shirt dress / 9) relaxed blouse / 10) earrings / 11) New Balance sneakers / 12) itty bitty boot cut jeans
1) Colleen Rothschild Smooth and Shine Hair Serum / There was a special sale on a select group of Colleen’s products earlier this month, and the Smooth and Shine Hair Serum was one of them. I sang its praises, and lots of y’all decided to give it a whirl. My mom and I absolutely swear by this product, and now so many of y’all do too. I squirt some in my hands and then apply it to my hair after it’s curled and styled. It makes it extra shiny, extra smooth, and just make it look so healthy! My mom had been complaining of her “old and dry hair”, and she swears that this product restored it! Go read the reviews on the site, and you’ll read about a lot of people that are as obsessed with it as mom and I are. A little goes a long way, and it has the most lovely light scent.
I actually love all of the CR hair products, except for the shampoo (it burns my eyes). If you have questions about any of her hair (or skin) products, feel free to sound off in the comments!
There’s a Labor Day sale happening right now, and it’s 20% OFF sitewide with the code LABORDAY.
2) fray hem kick flare jeans / These fray hem kick flare jeans are a fun new take on cropped denim. The leg opening is wide (but not too wide), and the step-hem and frayed finish make them interesting and fun.
In addition to all of the fun style elements, they also have the Ab-Solution mold and hold technology that I pretty much have to have in all of my jeans now. What can I say, I WANT MY JEANS TO MOLD ME AND HOLD ME. 😉 I’m wearing my regular size 4, but they were quite snug.
And here they are again…
The blouse is a gorgeous color. It’s officially called “twilight mauve”, but I think of it as a smoky lilac color. It has lacy embroidered smocking up top with a split v neck and tassels. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
3) cardigan / This cardigan was in y’alls Top 5, and it was in my Top 3. It’s an awesome staple piece that will serve us all well. I’ll wear it with jeans, a tee, and sneakers when running around town for sure. But it would also look great at the office! It comes in tons of colors, and I went with the Pink Adobe (even though it wasn’t on sale). Some of the colors are on sale, so you might want to check those out!
Here are several outfits that it works with. Look how versatile!
Here it is on me. I’m wearing a small.
4) best black pants ever / These are THE BEST BLACK PANTS EVER. Like, seriously. EVER. I don’t know how many times I’m going to feel like I need to tell you about these pants, but the answer is apparently at least one more time. (And let’s not kid ourselves, I’ll probably tell you about them 20x more.)
If you work in an office environment, YOU HAVE TO HAVE THEM.
PLEASE listen to me.
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE let me tell you to.
Seriously, they are a MUST HAVE.
You should replace all of your black slacks you own with these. You will never want to wear any other black pants again for the rest of your life.
Just like the jeans from Wit and Wisdom, they are created with technology that is designed to “mold, shape, and hold”, The pants are super soft with a lot of stretch, and they are incredibly comfy. I’m telling you, there’s nothing like them. The front pockets are functional, and they have a faux zipper, but they do have 2 hook and eye closures with 1 button.
I’m wearing my regular size 4 (not petite). However, my tummy is my problem area. If you don’t have a problematic tummy area, you will want to size down.
Words do not do these pants justice.
You have to try them for yourself to understand their magical powers.
Here they are in 2 additional outfits…
I’ve shown you this elbow sleeve blouse before in the blush colorway, but this black multi is perfect for styling with black pants. It’s a very pretty blouse with lots of feminine detailing. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Do you like wearing color to the office? If so, this floral puff sleeve top will be right up your alley! It’s got a bit of a poplin feel, and the puff sleeves have just the right amount of puff to them. I like it worn out (on the left) and with a half tuck (on the right). For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
5) plaid mules / I have these mules in neutral suede too (and really love them), but these plaid ones are straight up FABULOUS. The pattern, the colors, the pointy toe, and the chunky chain are all soooooo cute.
They just pack such a style punch! I recommend sizing up a 1/2 in the mules.
Regularly $155, on sale for $116
Here’s what you need to know about the Cast Iron Always Pan:
This pan is EVERYTHING I love about the original nonstick Always Pan, BUT IT IS NOW AVAILABLE IN AN ENAMEL CAST IRON! We’re talking heirloom-quality and super-easy-to-care-for, so get excited!
In fact, it doesn’t require all of the care and upkeep that you are used to with typical cast iron, AND IT LOOKS SO GOOD! It comes in several of Our Place’s signature colors, but I actually went with the “char” for myself, even though I’ve gone for bolder colors in all of my other pieces. I think it’s fun to mix and match.
And check it out, this cast iron pan comes with a lid!
The Cast Iron Always Pan is compatible with all types of stovetops (even induction!), it creates even heating with no hot spots, and it boasts maximum heat retention. With the lid, the pan is oven safe up to 425°F. Without the lid, it’s oven and broiler safe up to 500°F! WOW!
Almost everything on the site is on sale, so click HERE to see my reviews of my other favorite pieces like the Always Pan, The Perfect Pot, and the new Ovenware Set.
7) necklace / I had so much fun creating fall outfit collages this month, and this necklace was included in most of them! Here’s actually one of the planned outfits….and there are other Top 12 items in this collage too! The cardigan, the earrings, and the black pants all made it to the Top 12 as well!
Here’s a closer look…
8) shirt dress / I’d already shown you this shirt dress in Kelly green and a slate grey/blue last month, and this month I showed it in black. I know many of you bought a second color after receiving your first one. It’s SO GOOD. I love the collar, I love the tiny little pleats all around the waist, and I just think it’s a great casual dress. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Styled on the left for right now with sandles, styled on the right for fall with the jacket and booties.
Here it is styled one more way for fall. Sooooooooooooo cute!
9) relaxed blouse / I highlighted this spice-colored blouse on Monday, and y’all went crazy over it. I get it, it’s the perfect fall color, and it’s so easy to wear. Sadly, y’all went so crazy over it that it basically sold out.
Because the color above sold out, I wanted to show you the same top in Lighthouse (which is like a creamy white). It’s still available in 3 sizes and really is the perfect shirt to help you transition to fall.
10) earrings / So here’s a close up of the outfit I’m wearing directly above, but it shows the earrings well, so I stole it for this highlight. These earrings are a modern take on a regular hoop. They are more oblong than circle, and they have a nice chain link design. And great news, they are NOW ON SALE!
Here’s another great shot of the earrings…
11) New Balance sneakers / These sneakers are DARLING. They are comfy, true to size, and just plain cute. They’re great with leggings, but I’ll also wear them with ankle jeans as well. I fell in love with this “Phantom/Desert Pink”, but they come in lots of color choices.
Here they are styled with leggings…
The sweatshirt with side cut-outs is long enough for leggings and has these fun cut-outs on the side. I’m wearing the washed pink, but it comes in 28 colors. TWENTY-EIGHT. It’s a mix of cotton, modal, and spandex so it’s definitely got a bit of give and is super comfy. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. I’m wearing a small in the leggings.
12) itty bitty boot cut jeans / I’ve been singing the praises of the Wit and Wisdom itty bitty boot cut jeans for years now, and this year is no different. THESE JEANS ARE INCREDIBLE. As I’ve said time and time again, they make you look 2 inches taller and at least 5 pounds thinner than you already are. They are stretchy, comfortable, and will make you feel so confident. The majority of people size down 1 size in these jeans.
I’m 5’4″ (with long legs for my height), and I wear the regular sizing (not petites).
Here’s a close up of the jeans. They’re so good, y’all. Look how long my legs look! And remember that I’m only 5’4″.
Here’s 1 more outfit…
BEFORE YOU GO…
I made a mistake, and this hoodie should have been in the Top 12 (instead of the earrings). I only first talked about it on Wednesday, and the numbers weren’t in yet, so I didn’t know it was a top contender.
Listen, I think it is NUMBER 1 for me this month, so I’m happy it slid in to the Top 12 at the last second!!!
This hoodie is PERFECT for leggings. It’s a little bit longer in the back, it has a banded hem, and it has a cute and flattering fit. It also has a kangaroo pocket and ribbed cuffs on the sleeves. See how the arms are long? That’s because they have thumbholes (you can see me showing them in the picture with the plum hoodie). If I don’t have my thumbs in the thumbholes, I typically turn them up 1 big cuff.
My favorite part of the sweatshirt is probably the snap neckline. It just makes it extra cute.
If you don’t have 1, you really should consider getting at least one. I feel confident that you are going to love it just as much as I do!
I’m wearing a small.
Use code STMT10 for 10% OFF!!!
And for those of you that missed my Thursday post, you need to know that it’s Buy 1, Get 2 FREE at Victoria Emerson right now! That’s right, you’ll get 2 FREE! The whole site is included, and you can mix and match earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and watch straps as you please!
I style a ton of bracelets on the post, but here are some of my favorites in collage form also…
And finally, I want to highlight some of the best LABOR DAY SALES going down this weekend!
- Anthropologie is an additional 50% OFF of all sale items!
- Barrington Bags is 15% OFF sitewide with the code KICKOFF.
- Shop Avara has tons of SALE ON SALE items that are DARLING! GREAT deals!
- HSN has TONS of items on special deal HERE. For ex, the Dyson V8 is $150 OFF!
- J Crew Factory is 50% OFF sitewide. WOW! I’m loving this classic gingham button up in green.
- J Crew is 40% OFF of almost everything with the code LONGWKND.
- Kendra Scott is 20% OFF sitewide HERE and you can grab 2 pieces for $70 HERE!
- LOFT is 30% OFF of all full price styles with the code YAY.
- Nordstrom has TONS of new markdowns!
- Old Navy is up to 60% OFF sitewide. WooHoo!
- Social Threads is an additional 50% OFF of FINAL SALE.
- Target has a ton of special sales going on HERE (like 30% OFF shoes for the family, 30% OFF women’s dresses and denim, and 30% OFF patio, bedding, and decor).
- tarte has discounted TONS of their best products HERE.
- Tory Burch has a pretty epic sale HERE.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at August’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!