Happy Monday, Everybody! I’ve already highlighted the Top Fashion Picks of 2022 and the Top Amazon Home Picks of 2022.
Now it’s time to talk BEAUTY!
Over the last several years, Amazon has become one of my Top 3 GO TO retailers that I order many of my favorite beauty products from on the regular. Most products arrive next day and some even arrive same day, so the convenience of ordering them on Amazon is undeniable.
Y’alls most loved Amazon Beauty products of 2022 of course contain many of my personal favorites as well.
Let’s see what made it to the top of our lists…
1) Laneige lip balm / 2) pmd Smart Facial Cleaning Device / 3) eltaMD tinted sunscreen / 4) chin masks / 5) Lumify eye drops / 6) spinning beauty organizer / 7) Biolage shampoo / 8) Stridex pads / 9) toiletry travel bag / 10) Revlon drying brush / 11) Biolage conditioning balm / 12) Tula Rose Glow Cooling and Brightening Eye Balm / 13) CHI hairspray / 14) Kenra blow dry spray / 15) hot rollers / 16) STUFF bag / 17) face roller / 18) ilia lip gloss / 19) facial hair remover / 20) Mario Badescu Drying Lotion / 21) St. Tropez self tanner
1) Laneige lip balm / This Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is a product that I absolutely swear by. I keep it on my nightstand and use it every single night. Like, I can’t go to sleep if I don’t have it on, and I travel with it too.
I don’t suffer from dry and flaky lips, which is what this product really targets, but I do love going to bed at night with super moisturized lips and my goodness does this product deliver. For me, it just gives me extra silky and smooth lips. If you suffer from dry lips, this is going to be a game changer for you. If you apply a thick layer at night, when you wake up the next morning, the flakes are going to be sitting on top of the skin. They then recommend taking a damp wash cloth to wipe the flakes away.
It has well over 15,000 5-star reviews, and I have several friends that swear by it as well.
2) pmd Smart Facial Cleaning Device / I don’t remember talking about this very often, so I must have mentioned this device when it was on sale one time or another since it made the Top 20. It’s a is a smart facial cleansing device that uses over 7,000 vibrations per minute. The Sonic Glow technology deeply removes the skin’s impurities by breaking down dirt and oil from within the pores. It has excellent reviews and people say their faces are so soft and so clean after using it.
3) eltaMD tinted sunscreen / When I shared this EltaMD sunscreen, I could hardly believe the incredible feedback I received from y’all. It seems that tons of y’all were already devoted users of this product and y’all needed to be telling ME to. #yalldroppedtheball
Well, instead of being mad at you (haha!), I’m just going to be happy that I am now using it myself. The hype is real.
Click HERE if you want to get to the Facebook post to see what everybody else had to say about it. It seems that not just my dermatologist recommends it, but everybody’s dermatologist does.
Here are just some of the comments:
The best sunscreen by far! I’ve had multiple dermatologist tell me that’s what I have to use. I use the tinted one on my face everyday. Zinc oxide is very important to have in a sunscreen especially on the face. – Summer V.
I use it everyday and have for about 3 years now! Love it! Will never use anything else. Makeup goes on great over it! – Liz B.
I just starting using the Elta Glow and really like it too. Mix just a tiny bit of the Drunk Elephant drops you told me about and it works great! – Jill M.
Yes! I’ve used it for probably 10 years, my husband uses it too. I love the tinted and sport versions also! – Brooklyn D.
Best facial sunscreen, hands down! I’ve been using it for years and I absolutely love it. I actually use the tinted version, which is magic on my skin – almost has like a blurring effect and leaves me with a lovely dewy look. Amazing. – Laura L.
4) chin masks / Several beauty influencers I follow swear by these masks, so I finally ordered them to try for myself. They really do make a noticeable difference as they help to restore shape and definition to your jawline. The masks strap under your chin, cover your entire chin and the top portion of your neck, and hook over your ears. They are very cooling, and they seriously do tighten up your chin and neck skin. #goodbyedoublechin
5) Lumify eye drops / I bought these eye drops for the first time over the summer, and now I cannot imagine not using them. They make my eyeballs SO WHITE, which makes such a difference in overall appearance. After using the drops, the whites of my eyes really pop! The reviews are absolutely outstanding. You should one thousand percent give them a try. They work better than any other eye drop I’ve ever used.
6) spinning beauty organizer / I think this is the 3rd year in a row I’ve talked about this organizer, and to be honest, I don’t know how I ever functioned without it. You can adjust the shelf height for your personal needs, it spins all the way around, the products are super accessible, and it holds ALL THE THINGS! I highly recommend this baby.
7) Biolage shampoo / This is the shampoo I use every single time I wash my hair. Y’all know I don’t love the CR shampoo, but I do love this Biolage product. It’s a great value for the size.
8) Stridex pads / During football season, it looked for a hot minute like Carter was going to start developing acne on his chin. I immediately bought these Stridex pads, and he never had a break out!
9) toiletry travel bag / My toiletry bag is one of my very favorite items. I have the LARGE, it holds SO MUCH STUFF, and I love how you can hang it up and everything is so easily accessible. It has over 30,000 5 Star Ratings and could be at your house by this afternoon.
And this is what it looks like all folded up and zipped up. Again, mine is the large.
I have this weekender bag and flipping LOVE it. AND IT’S 37% OFF RIGHT NOW! It holds sooooooo much. I’ve had it for a couple of years now and it’s awesome. It’s totally spacious and holds way more than I thought it would. And I love the zippered compartment on the bottom for all my shoes.
I shared this before, but my friend Keely bought them for Christmas presents for some of the girls in her family and had them monogrammed! I think they look awesome, and they would be a great Valentine’s gift as well!
10) Revlon drying brush / After I wash my hair, I use the Revlon One Step Dryer and Volumizer to dry my hair. I typically wash my every other night, and then in the morning I pop these rollers into my hair. Yep, I use rollers. We’ll talk about them more in a minute.
Yes, I have the super expensive Dyson dryer, and I do still love it. But this one is over $300 less, and I love it too. Here’s what I love the most about it: it’s sooo hard to get the bumpy ridges out of the back of my hair…AND DARE I SAY, THIS UNDER $50 TOOL MAKES IT EASY. Did you hear that? I SAID EASY. I know it’s pretty unbelievable, but it’s true. I try to let my hair air dry as much as possible before using it. The only complaint I have is that it gets realllllllllllly hot, so I most often use it on low.
11) Biolage conditioning balm / I absolutely swear by the Colleen Rothschild Quench and Shine Restorative Mask, but it was sold out for a while, so I had to find another option. I stumbled upon this Biolage HydraSource conditioning balm. Y’ALL. It’s AMAZING. My hair is so soft, so shiny, and so manageable!!! I love this product. Go ahead and get the big size in the rub. You won’t regret it.
12) Tula Rose Glow Cooling and Brightening Eye Balm / I’ve actually been using this product for several years now and really enjoy it. I don’t really deal with dark circles (which many say it helps tremendously), but I use it every morning and I do feel like it brightens my eyes and wakes up my face. It gives a really nice sheen and just a healthy little glow. I sweep it on under my eyes, on my brow bone, and even sometimes on my cheekbones.
HOW TO: After you moisturize, apply around the entire eye and on the orbital bone for a brighter appearance. You can even use it as a highlighter on your cheekbones, cupid’s bow, nose or anywhere else you want a glow effect. Due to the unique balm texture of this product, you can reapply throughout the day to energize and brighten the eye area.
13) CHI hairspray / I’m super picky about my hair spray. I of course want it to hold my hair, but I also want to still be able to run my fingers thru my hair. I like buying it in these small bottles and usually buy 3 at a time.
14) Kenra blow dry spray / This Kenra blow dry spray has been a favorite product of mine for at least 3-4 years now. In fact, it’s a MUST HAVE for me. I spray it on my wet hair before blow drying. First of all, it smells fantastic. I’d seriously buy it for the smell alone, but it’s also a heat protectant. It reduces dry time and it manages fly aways. You’ll love it.
15) hot rollers / I have lots of hair tools that I use and love (my Dyson hairdryer, Revlon dryer brush, curling iron, and rollers are all awesome). But if I had to choose only 1 of them to keep, I would definitely choose my Conair rollers. I get questions about my hair pretty frequently, and these rollers are definitely what give my hair the “bounce” that lots of y’all often ask me about.
I put 1 on the crown of my head, 1 on each side, and 2 in the back. PRO TIP: I don’t use the roller clips that come with it because they crease my hair. Instead, I use these.
This brush is also one of my favorite Amazon purchases EVER. It wasn’t in the Top 20 because it’s usually sold out, but it’s available now! The shipping is a bit delayed, but at least it’s available! And yes, it’s a brush that is $35 (which of course seems pricey for a bush), but it’s worth EVERY DANG PENNY. I’m telling you, this brush is incredible.
I use it on my dry hair of course, but I also use it on my wet hair before I even get out of the shower. It gets tangles out gently, and there’s something about the handle that makes it ergonomic. I know it sounds silly, but it just fits perfectly into my hand.
Revlon drying brush / brush / hot rollers
Here’s a shot of my hair after using the hot rollers.
ultra-soft pullover / colorful earrings / Risen jeans / chunky heel booties (1-light brown)
16) STUFF bag / I first talked about this at the beginning of December and highlighted it as a Santa Alert, knowing it would make an excellent Christmas gift. Y’all agreed and bought it up. It’s super cute, has great ratings, and of course is an awesome and less expensive option to Stoney Clover bags.
17) face roller / Place the roller in the fridge to get it super cold. In the mornings, roll your face and to wake it up and decrease puffiness. This little tools has thousands of 5 star ratings. To be honest, I don’t love putting something so cold on my face…but it’s all the rage and so many people swear by it.
18) ilia lip gloss / I absolutely love the “linger/berry mauve” color. It’s a pretty berry color, soft on my lips, and not sticky at all.
19) facial hair remover / The little dermaplane devices have been so popular, but I think this tool is much better and way more effective. Get all the peach fuzz of your face and create a smooth surface for all of your creams and serums. Makeup will also go on much smoother too.
20) Mario Badescu Drying Lotion / This Maria Badescu drying lotion has a cult following. It’s pink on the bottom and clear on top. Resist the urge to shake the bottle up, and put a q-tip in to grab some of the pink product from the bottom. Put the pink stuff on your blemish at night and get ready to be amazed in the morning. Your blemish will look soooooooo much better, and in many instances, it will basically be gone. The results are truly incredible. I’ve used it on Carter too when he has had a zit pop up here or there, and we are all always amazed at how well it works.
21) St. Tropez self tanner / Okay, I’ve used lots of tanning products in my day. I’ve had and used this one from Amazon for years and still really like it, and I think these tanning drops are great for those that like adding a product to their everyday lotion routine, but my current favorite sunless tanner is the bronzing mousse. I love the texture of the mousse, and I really love that it goes on brown so I can see exactly where I’m applying it. Applying it with a mitt is essential, and you can grab the mitt HERE. The color is a lovely bronzy brown, and it isn’t orange at all. Also, I love that if I miss a spot, I can tell almost immediately and can correct it!
TOP PRODUCT REVIEW
The Top Amazon Home Picks of 2022 went live last Monday. Click HERE if you want to see some of the items in mine and my sister’s homes.
1) antelope pillow covers / 2) olive branches / 3) kitchen towels / 4) white forsythia wreath / 5) jewelry box / 6) towel set / 7) hand towel set / 8) electric candle lighter / 9) wooden bowl / 10) sheet set / 11) silk pillowcase / 12) textured lamp / 13) earring holder / 14) faux olive tree / 15) acrylic shelf dividers / 16) hangers / 17) animal print throw / 18) basket / 19) round rattan tray / 20) decorative rope balls / 21) canvas print wall art
And the Top Fashion Picks of 2022! Click HERE if you want to see everything on me!
1) tunic hoodie / 2) denim jacket ON SALE / 3) batwing cardigan ON SALE/ 4) cardigan ON SALE / 5) button-up shirt ON SALE/ 6) cross necklace / 7) beaded necklace / 8) leggings / 9) crop hoodie / 10) slippers ON SALE / 11) booties ON SALE / 12) hoop earrings (options with better stock HERE) / 13) hobo tote bag / 14) wireless bra / 15) babydoll dress ON SALE / 16) white itty bitty boot cut jeans / 17) black jeans / 18) Mother jeans
Hope y’all found some favorites too!
Shay Shull says
As I was reading, I was nodding my head “yes, yes, yes”. These are all great items!
Erika Slaughter says
That’s it! I’m ordering the chin straps now!
I thought I was the only one on the world who still uses hot rollers! So glad I’m not alone ; ) I’ve tried lots of other ways to get my hair style, but my trusty hot rollers always are the best.
And I agree with you about Biolage shampoo-it can’t be beat.
I cannot imagine doing my hair without rollers! You’re not alone, Marybeth!!!! xoxo
Julie C. says
These all look & sound like amazing products!! How do you use the Biolage balm? Wet hair? Dry hair? It looks like something my daughter needs, but was wondering the best way to use it.
Hi, Julie! I use it just like conditioner! I put it on in the shower and like to leave it on as long as possible, so I’ll wash my body, shave my legs, etc. before washing it out. xoxo
Have you tried facial cupping? I bought great cups from Amazon!
I’ve never tried it or really heard of it on the face. Tell me more, Sara! xoxo
It feels so good! When I first learned about it and saw a demo, I was like…is this going to leave hickey style marks on my face?!?!?! But it is more gentle. I slather my face in facial oil (a must!) and then start cupping. I start in the center and suction then drag up and out. It increases collagen, blood circulation, brightness. Or it’s supposed to! I just started, but it feels so nice.
Via Amazon, I ordered a set of 4. The largest one is too big for my face, but I have used it on my c-section scar to try to reduce some of the scar tissue and make it lay flatter.
Sara, this is interesting! I’m definitely going to look into it more. What brand are your cups?
CFHBF is the brand per Amazon. I can’t really say if they are the best since I have only used this one, but I am liking them. Decent suction, easy to clean.
Sheaffer what Vitamin C serum are you using these days? Colleen Rothschild’s has been unavailable for so long and I’m completely out!
Hi, Cherie! I was super lucky and had a stash of the CR Vitamin C serum. I’m almost out now too, but never fear….. a new Vitamin C is about to be released! Stay tuned! 🙂 xoxo