Happy Wednesday! It’s time for everybody to join up today with Shay and me and let us know WHAT’S UP this fine Wednesday!
SIGN UP FOR E-MAIL!
Before we get started today, hop over HERE to follow me by e-mail. It takes under 5 seconds to sign up, and you will get all of my blog posts sent directly to your e-mail inbox!
WHAT WE ARE EATING
There’s a seasonal ravioli at Trader Joe’s that I decided to try, AND OMG. I’M SO GLAD I DID. I’m a huge butternut squash fan, and this ravioli has butternut squash in it instead of the traditional cheese.
And y’all, it’s sooooooooooo good. The texture mimics a creamy cheese, and it’s very flavorful.
I tossed the ravioli in a teeny tiny bit of butter and topped with pecorino romano cheese and coarsly ground black pepper. IT WAS INCREDIBLE.
I know I’ve shared this before, but I’m sharing again because I’m obsessed. It’s made with Greek Yogurt, so it tastes rich and creamy, but it’s actually a healthy choice! Get it, you won’t be sorry. My favorite salad right now is mixed greens, arugula, tomatoes, avocado, and yellow peppers with this dressing. Oh, and let’s not forget the most important part, CROUTONS. The New York Texas Caesar croutons are the best.
And one of my favorite lunches at home continues to be roasted veggies with the cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s (I cook mine in the air fryer for crispy edges!). I add some marinara from Trader Joe’s as well. Light, healthy, and absolutely delicious.
WHAT I’M LOVING
THIS SWEATER. I LOVE THIS SWEATER and am so thankful that it is in my closet. I’ve rounded up several looks I styled with the sweater so you can see how incredibly versatile it is. I know this is a bold statement, but EVERYBODY needs this sweater. It comes in both black AND in cream.
It’s generously sized, it’s short sleeved (but the sleeves are a great longer length), and it has a flattering v- neck. The neck is deeper than I typically wear a v-neck, but I still like it! It’s just a great basic to wear on it’s own (more elevated than just a black tee), but it’s great for layering as well. It is oversized, so I would suggest sizing down.
I love it here with the famous coatigan and leopard flats. It’s a great look.
I went for a monochromatic and neutral look here, and I kept with black, grey, and brown. I think it’s very New York. This look is so simple, yet so stylish.
You know I had to style it with the must have black pants. This is a perfect and totally comfortable outfit to wear to the office!
And here it is with the same must have black pants, just styled a bit dressier with flashier jewelry and pumps.
And perhaps my favorite way to style the sweater, with a great pair of denim and sneakers.
I wanted to show the cream one styled as well!
WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO
Chris and Carter went to the OU game last weekend with one of Chris’s college buddies and his kids (and a friend). When walking around campus after the game, they spotted Brian Bosworth and had to grab a picture. Brian (famously known as “The Boz”) played for OU back in the 80s and was a larger than life (and sometimes controversial) figure. Haha! Anyway, he was on the sidelines for the game, and everybody was happy to get a pic with him!
WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT
Facebook’s Timehop feature is constantly ripping my heart out. Case and point… 3 year old Carter with the sweetest little face and golden hair…
WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT
There are 2 great sales going on, and I’m excited about both!!!
First off, Nordstrom is having a LIMITED TIME SALE with lots of fantastic deals. Click HERE to see everything included in sale!
1) black skinny jeans / 2) must have boot cut jeans / 3) eyelash primer / 4) must have bra / 5) Mario Badescu drying lotion / 6) cream stick eyeshadow / 7) cream stick eyeshadow set / 8) Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair / 9) Dior lip oil / 10) Chelsea boots / 11) NARS blush / 12) Dior gloss / 13) belted coat / 14) cashmere v-neck sweater / 15) star sweater / 16) cashmere crewneck sweater / 17) colorblock sweater
1) black skinny jeans / I’ve owned AND LOVED these black skinny jeans for years. And although skinny jeans aren’t all the rage right now, black skinny jeans will ALWAYS be a wardrobe staple. These are stretchy, comfy, and incredibly flattering. Most people size down 1 in these jeans.
2) must have boot cut jeans / I named this pair of boot cuts a MUST HAVE years ago, and they are still a MUST HAVE in my closet (and my heart). 🙂 As I saw, they make you feel taller and skinnier (than you already are). They will seriously lengthen your legs and they are so so flattering. Most people size down 1 in these as well.
3) eyelash primer / I’ve used this primer for years and think it makes such a difference. It adds length to your lashes BEFORE you even put on your mascara, and it nourishes and hydrates them at the same time.
4) must have bra / This is a bra that I’ve worn for years. It’s so pretty and very comfy! I know tons of you have this bra, and I also know that lots of you like to grab a new one every year when it goes on sale. Well, it’s on sale!
5) Mario Badescu drying lotion / I absolutely swear by this drying lotion, and so does Carter. Whenever either one of us has a blemish, we dab a little bit of this on at night, and it’s usually better by morning! (Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but sometimes there really is healing overnight!) When you get it, you will need to resist the urge to shake it up. The pink stuff at the bottom is what you will want to pick up with a Q-tip by sticking the Q-tip to the bottom of the jar. Just dab it on the problem area (it might sting a tiny bit), but that just means it’s working. It is a fantastic product!
6) cream stick eyeshadow / I love this in “stone”, but it comes in TONS of colors.
7) cream stick eyeshadow set / This would make a great gift! All 3 colors look awesome.
8) Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair / I’ve never used this product, but the almost 20,000 5 STAR REVIEWS caught my attention. A 7-in-1 super serum that reduces the look of multiple signs of aging for a smoother, younger, more radiant and even-toned look.
9) Dior lip oil / This lip oil is unlike anything I’ve ever used before. I was introduced to it about a year ago I think, and I’ve never looked back. I would say it’s just a “hint” of color, but your lips will look so healthy and shiny! And the applicator is big and pillowy soft. It’s just an awesome product.
10) Chelsea boots / I got a pair of Chelsea boots last year and love wearing them with straight leg jeans. If you’ve been wanting to grab them, you might as well do it when they’re on sale!
11) NARS blush / NARS blush is beautiful and buildable, and the “orgasm” shade showed in the collage is said to look good on every single skin tone.
12) Dior gloss / I have this gloss in “intense brick” and think it is a gorgeous fall color.
13) belted coat / So classic. So chic. It comes in 4 colors.
14) cashmere v-neck sweater / I own this sweater in 2 colors and think I will buy a new color every single year when it’s on sale. There are 13 color choices, and while it’s still a little pricey (even on sale), I think it is 100% worth it.
15) star sweater / I think this star sweater is fun, whimsical, and DARLING! It’s a relaxed fit (which y’all know I love), and the under $60 price tag right now is great. It also comes in black.
16) cashmere crewneck sweater / I picked this up on sale earlier in the year in the “pink flash”, but it comes in 17 total colors to choose from!
17) colorblock sweater / The color blocking is so fun and comes in several color combos, but I love this camel and white the most. It will look great with regular denim, black denim, and especially white denim.
The Wayfair Way Day Sale launched this morning! Click HERE to see everything included. I plan on waking up early this morning and highlighting a small number of sale faves!
WHAT I’M WORKING ON
I have a secret project that I’ve been working on for a good while now, and it is DECISION TIME for a whole bunch of things. I hope to share with you by the end of the year!
WHAT I’M WATCHING
The Voice! I’m so happy that The Voice is back. I sure do miss Blake, but I’m still loving the show.
I’m also watching all of the Housewives reunions. I know. It’s ridiculous, but it’s who I am. 😉
This year was the first season of an entire new cast for New York, AND I WAS HERE FOR IT!
And the O.C. Season was just as crazy as ever. How could it not be with Tamara back?!?
WHAT I’M WEARING
For this portion of today’s post, I just want to highlight my MUST HAVE boot cut jeans that are ON SALE for a limited time. I included them in the collage too, but wanted to show them on me as well. Remember, they are stretchy as all get out, super comfy, and incredibly flattering. Most people size down 1 because of the extreme stretch.
This plaid button up is FANTASTIC. It’s described as a flannel, but it’s not thick or hot like a flannel. It’s much more lightweight than a flannel is, and it’s not stiff like a cotton button up. It’s relaxed and super soft and I love it so much. I did size up. I’m wearing a large here because I wanted to make sure I was going to have a relaxed fit.
I’m wearing the “berry and pine”, but it comes in 22 colors. I’m thinking about ordering the “burgundy” too.
This sweater is a great basic. It’s a piece I think a lot of you might end up buying in multiple colors because it’s so versatile. It’s soft, and I love the ribbed collar and exposed seem that runs down the middle. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It comes in 12 colors!
Red is one of my favorite colors to wear, so I immediately put this blouse in my cart. I have very little space from my boobs up to my neck, so this blouse is actually too low on me and I won’t be keeping it. But I love everything else about it, and I know some of y’all will too! It has a nice relaxed fit and some smocking detail up top. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. This one is on sale and an additional 40% OFF right now.
And now a couple of outfits with my black skinny jeans. If you are in need of a great pair of black jeans, LOOK NO FURTHER. These are the perfect black jeans. Soft, stretchy, and incredibly flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6Petite. They are ON SALE right now!!!
I love them styled with my shrunken bomber that was one of my favorite finds from all of last year, and right now it’s on sale for UNDER $40! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This batwing cocoon cardigan is one of my very favorite Amazon purchases ever. Yep, that’s right, EVER. I ordered it on a whim, and I didn’t even really love it when I took it out of the box. However, the moment I slipped it on I FELL IN LOVE. It’s FABULOUS. I’m wearing the “dark khaki” here and am totally smitten with the color. The forearms are ribbed and fitted, it’s a batwing sleeve, and it’s a cocoon fit. It’s fitted more around the bottom, so it kind of just envelopes you. I think it’s awesome. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
RECENT AMAZON PURCHASES
This sweater is sitting in a box in my entry way. I should get around to unboxing all of my recent orders and trying them on this weekend. The colors are so happy, and the design is so fun! I’m expecting to LOVE this sweater. I’m also expecting it to sell out pretty quickly.
I ordered the same sweater in this pattern too. So soft and pretty.
This sweatshirt is so flipping cute and I know it will be in constant rotation in my closet.
And I’m super excited about this lounge set. I think it’s so chic. Talk about a perfect travel outfit.
That’s all for today, y’all! Make sure you link up and let us know what is going on with you!