Today’s post is sponsored by ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote items that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To.
During these trying times, I know that we all want to do our part to support small businesses, and today’s post will hopefully help with that! As a small business owner myself, I know firsthand how this changed climate has impacted my business, and I know that most small business owners are in the same position. Thankfully, ShopStyle (my affiliate network) recognizes this as well. ShopStyle has stepped up in a big way and is proud to be funding this campaign on behalf of Uncommon Goods. This is just one way that ShopStyle has instituted some much needed relief efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Uncommon Goods has always been a platform that enables small businesses to sell their products, and this campaign is all about reminding everyone to support small businesses whenever they can! Through this crisis, Uncommon Goods is doing all it can to support its own employees and small business partners through working from home, extended paid time off, and closure of their main Brooklyn warehouse. They have also maintained their charitable support through their “Better To Give” campaign (see more info HERE).
Is this your first time hearing about Uncommon Goods? On their site, they proclaim that they offer remarkable designs by independent makers, and they do it with a positive impact on both people and the planet.
Personally, I can tell you that I have spent hours and hours just happily browsing on their site. Here’s what I’ve learned…THEY HAVE REALLY COOL STUFF. The team at Uncommon Goods has curated a phenomenal catalog of items for us to have online access to by working with their very talented community of artist and designers! The items offered (by independent sellers) are all unique and incredibly imaginative. And while browsing the site, you will feel like you are strolling through a really cool market with items from around the world.
I really hope that you will take the time to hop over and get a feel for the site yourself! You will not only find items that you will undoubtedly want for you or your own home, but you will also find gifts that you would be so excited and proud to give.
Today I’ve grabbed a small number of items to highlight that piqued my interest!
- shower steamers set / 2. bath time essentials wine holder / 3. DIY doodle plates / 4. microwave pasta pot / 5. karaoke microphone speaker / 6. terrarium candle / 7. tabletop cornhole / 8. Birthday cake in a mug / 9. create your own reel viewer / 10. birth month flower grow kit / 11. make your own hot sauce kit / 12. my life story journal / 13. world map coloring tablecloth / 14. smartphone sanitizer / 15. kabob grilling baskets / 16. gourmet oil dipping spice kit / 17. compact swivel cheese boards with knives
- shower steamers set / These lovely little cubes are such a treat and will fill your shower with soothing essential oil scents like lemongrass and lavender. You can use them as a body scrub, or you can just place one in the corner of your shower. They are made with all-natural and vegan ingredients, and even the colors are made from seeds, roots, and minerals.
- bath time essentials wine holder / Is bath time the only time you are getting to yourself right now? Kick it up several notches with this bathtub friendly wine holder! #thisisgenius
- DIY doodle plates / If you have small kids, how much would they love to create their own plates?!? The ink will set after they are baked in the oven.
- microwave pasta pot / You can cook and drain your past in the microwave with this handy dandy little contraption. #thisisgeniustoo
- karaoke microphone speaker / Well, this looks like an absolute blast. I have several people in mind that I know would abuse this thing! #imlookingatyouMonica Haha! All you do is connect it to the karaoke app of your choice and then live your best life.
- terrarium candle / These candles are lovely. They would be sure to brighten any space, and they would make lovely gifts as well.
- tabletop cornhole / My family loves playing cornole when we are at the ranch, but I love the idea of bringing the fun indoors while at home. Uncommon Goods actually has a wonderful selection of unique games for the entire family, and I encourage you to click HERE to check them all out!
- birthday cake in a mug / This sweet kit includes a ceramic mug, chocolate cake mix, multi-colored sprinkles and a candle.
- create your own reel viewer / When I first saw this reel viewer, it brought back all sorts of childhood memories. And then I realized that I could personalize it with my own photos! MIND BLOWN! It has excellent reviews. Cute and nostalgic!
- birth month flower grow kit / Do you have any friends or family with a birthday coming up? Send them this birth month flower grow kit! What a unique way to celebrate the birthday of a loved one! Another cool find, check out this mason jar indoor flower garden.
- make your own hot sauce kit / I’m betting all of us have somebody in our lives that we know would love this kit. There are so many great reviews from people who gave it as a gift and received wonderful feedback from the recipient. For the barbecue lover, there’s also a great BBQ blend rub and sauce kit. If you are a foodie or you know a foodie, you should definitely click HERE to check out all of their unique and delicious food items!
- my life story journal / I absolutely love the idea behind this life story journal. In fact, we gifted something very similar to Chris’s grandmother last year. There are thought provoking writing prompts throughout that will spark memories and allow the writer to record experiences for family members and loved ones to read for years to come. How wonderful!
- world map coloring tablecloth / Educational and FUN! This tablecloth could provide hours of fun during this stay at home life.
- smartphone sanitizer / We all know now that phones are a breeding ground for germs. This sanitizer zaps those germs with the push of a button (and you can even keep listening to music while it’s working). It uses ultra violet light to do the dirty work, and this is obviously a very timely gadget.
- kabob grilling baskets / We grill a ton of vegetables, so I’m going to grab these for Chris for part of a Father’s Day gift. There’s obviously no need to use a skewer, and the design make the baskets easy to flip for even grilling.
- gourmet oil dipping spice kit / Well, this kit is right up my alley. Spices to flavor oils to dip bread in? Sign me right on up.
- compact swivel cheese boards with knives / This will be great for when we are all entertaining again, but right now this cheese board is the perfect vessel for a romantic date night at home!
So what do y’all think? Are you as pleasantly surprised by the fun and unique items as I was? I’m so happy to now know about this company, and I will definitely continue to shop with them. In addition to the kabob grilling baskets, I also grabbed this microwave egg cooker for myself, and I have my eye on this gorgeous personalized platter.
I’m still waiting on the grilling baskets, but the egg cooker actually arrived over the weekend and I immediately put it to use. Ladies, this thing is legit! First of all, I love the way it looks. It’s stoneware (handmade in Portugal), it’s a gorgeous blue, and it’s just cute.
You are supposed to be able to make scrambled eggs, a fried egg, and a sunny side up egg all in this little crock. I didn’t have success with the fried egg (it kind of exploded on me), BUT I LOVED THE SCAMBLED EGGS I MADE.
I decided I wanted to zshush up my eggs, so I grabbed all of my favorite veggies that I love in an omelet. I chopped up an orange pepper, green onions, mushrooms and some cherry tomatoes.
Oh, and cheese. You can’t forget the cheese.
I sprayed the crock with cooking spray, cracked 2 small eggs into it (the crock could have accomodated more), and then I scrambled them up.
Next, I layered in all of my toppings with some salt and pepper.
I microwaved the crock for 30 seconds, stirred the egg mixure around, and then popped it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. The result? Perfectly scrambled and fluffy eggs chock full of yummy veggies! It was faster than doing them in a skillet, it required less tools, and the clean up was a breeze!
I love this egg cooker.
And here’s the money shot. Look at that warm and melty cheese! Look at those perfectly fluffy eggs!
All right, I’m going to sign off and hop over to browse the site some more! It is a true treasure trove of uncommon goods, and it’s so much fun to see what type of gem you might stumble upon! Now that I’ve been introduced to the site, it will for sure be a shopping destination for me in the future, especially when looking for special items.
A huge thank you to ShopStyle for sponsoring this post!