This post is sponsored by JCPenney. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote products that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
Happy Monday, everybody! Today’s post features lots of great pieces that are all perfect for assembling a casual and versatile wardrobe for fall. And what do you need for fall? Jeans and sweaters! Bring on the football games and pumpkin patches, y’all!
I know in my neck of the woods that the temps are finally dropping, which means I’m hoping to start pulling out sweaters soon. I think most of us can agree that sweater weather is the best weather.
And y’all know that I’m a jeans girl through and through. I really like the varied washes and styles I’m featuring today. And I think you’ll find that the sweaters and the button down featured in the collage will provide you with great options for all of your fall activities.
I hope you’ll see that if you’re wanting to freshen up your closet for the season, a complete wardrobe overhaul isn’t necessary. You could of course invest in lots of new pieces that all work well with each other. OR you could just grab 2-3 key pieces that will help you extend items you already have in your closet, and the new items will help breathe new life into your casual looks.
And GREAT NEWS! Almost everything that I’m featuring today is ON SALE! And some of it is on sale AND AN ADDITIONAL 30% OFF! WOW!
Check out some of the great fall pieces I found…
1) crewneck sweater / 2) striped sweater / 3) sweater vest / 4) cardigan / 5) denim button up / 6) henley sweater / 7) striped sweater / 8) belted cardigan / 9) straight leg jeans / 10) high rise flare jeans / 11) Levi wedgie straight jeans / 12) high rise carpenter jeans / 13) straight cropped flare jeans
1) crewneck sweater / A crewneck, cuffed sleeves, and a pretty rose color. What’s not to love? It also comes in red, cream, grey, and a light turquoise.
2) striped sweater / This sweater looks incredibly soft and cozy. And while it would be great with jeans and sneakers, it’s also definitely nice enough to style for the office. The drop shoulders, the exaggerated hem, and the side slits are all really nice design features. This relaxed and swingy fit is my favorite fit.
3) sweater vest / This sweater is chic, preppy, and I absolutely love it.
4) cardigan / Everybody needs several cardigans they love, and this is a great one. On the shorter side, but not cropped, it will be a perfect light layer for early fall. I love the rust color, the v-neck, and the big buttons.
5) denim button up / This chambray button up from Levi’s has a Western vibe, and I’m totally here for it. It would be great for a denim on denim look, but I would also love to pair it with black denim and cognac boots. It would of course look great layered under a military jacket too.
6) henley sweater / The neckline of this Henley sweater is what drew me to it in the first place. This “snowdrift” colorway totally caught my eye, but it also comes in clay, black, brown, and indigo.
7) striped sweater / I love this classic crewneck sweater in the soft pink and stripes.
8) belted cardigan / How cozy does this belted cardigan look? Cream, wine, rust, and mustard all combine to create the perfect fall sweater. Wear it styled with skinny jeans and tall boots, with straight leg jeans and sneakers, or with boot cut jeans and booties!
9) straight leg jeans / Made from soft stretch denim, this high-rise pair is cut in an ankle length with ripped details, and features a classic button-zip fly and 5-pocket tailoring.
10) high rise flare jeans / These jeans are from Wrangler with a fierce flare leg, 5pkt styling, stretch denim, and destruction at the knee.
11) Levi wedgie straight jeans / This vintage-inspired style includes special construction to highlight your curves and give your butt an extra lift. Trust us, you need these jeans in your closet. The cheekiest jeans in your closet made with a classic straight leg designed with a special construction to lift and flatter your backside. You can also grab them in black with a hole on one knee.
12) high rise carpenter jeans / Carpenter jeans are making a comeback, and the price point of these would allow you to try the trend without breaking the bank.
13) straight cropped flare jeans / Designed with a bit of stretch- for all-day comfort, this denim pair has edgy distressed details throughout, a classic button-zip fly closure, belt loops, and 5-pocket tailoring. These jeans are cut for a flared ankle-length with distressed cuffs for you to pair with your favorite kicks or heels.
And here I have a handful of outfits highlighting jeans and sweaters from the collage above. I’ve just styled them into outfits with booties, bags, and some jewelry.
Or maybe you have your casual pieces covered, but you need some items to freshen up your business casual looks. If that’s you, don’t forget about these great finds below!
1) sunglasses / 2) straight fit trousers / 3) long sleeve cardigan / 4) stud earrings / 5) floral blouse / 6) crewneck sweater / 7) midi pencil skirt / 8) belted trench / 9) gold hoop earrings / 10) cowl neck animal print sweater / 11) crossbody bag / 12) slim checked trousers / 13) slim fit ankle trousers / 14) midi sweater dress / 15) short sleeve sweater dress / 16) paisley fit and flare dress
2) straight fit trousers / Whether you have a day full of meetings or a casual event, this pair of Liz Claiborne women’s pants are a versatile style choice. Cut from soft, stretch woven fabric, these chinos feature a concealed hook-and-eye and zip closure and side and back pockets in a flattering straight-leg silhouette.
3) long sleeve cardigan / This long sleeve cardi is a beautiful camel color and according to reviews is very well made. I’d wear it with straight leg jeans and sneakers, but you can see it also pairs nicely with black slacks and pumps.
4) stud earrings / You can never go wrong with a beautiful pair of stud earrings. I love the halo ring around the studs on these and they are on SUPER SALE!!! Regularly $125, only $25 today! WOW! They are lab created white sapphires and have incredible reviews. I know it’s only September, but it’s not too early to start thinking about Christmas! These would make a great gift!
5) floral blouse / This blouse has a great v-neck, 3/4 length sleeves, and nice ruffle detail along the neckline and down the center. This is the “black tile”, but it comes in 5 other colors and patterns.
6) crewneck sweater / This sweater is on its way to me. I love the simple crewneck shape with the banded hem, and the wavy navy and coral stripe spoke to me. It also comes in an olive and white stripe, a solid coral, and a solid olive. I think mine will be super cute with boot cut jeans, but it will also be great with navy slacks.
7) midi pencil skirt / I find that pencil skirts never fit me right and are almost always tight and uncomfortable. This one is a ponte knit (with 5% spandex) and an elastic waist! If I had an office job, I would definitely be grabbing this skirt.
8) belted trench / I love a belted trench. Always have, always will. This one is fitted with a removable hood, and its water and wind resistant.
9) gold hoop earrings / Everybody needs a classic pair of gold hoops, and these have a fun little knot detail.
10) cowl neck animal print sweater / You will rarely see me in a turtleneck, but your girl LOVES a cowl neck situation. I love a dramatic and drapey neckline, and this one fits the bill. You can also choose from a black and grey animal print or a teal or burgundy lattice pattern.
11) crossbody bag / This bag is so chic and classic. It also comes in solid black and solid taupe.
12) slim checked trousers / My heart always goes pitter patter for a tiny check, and I’m in love with the colors in this pattern. The fit looks super cute with the wide waistband and straight leg fit.
13) slim fit ankle trousers / These are ankle pants for you tall girls! So often when I feature my favorite ankle pants, my tall readers comment that the ankle pants I’m recommending are much too short on them. Well, these are made especially for those that are vertically blessed. Liz Claiborne’s Emma pants from their women’s tall collection are versatile to wear with a graphic t-shirt and heels or a button-down and flats, so no matter how you wear them, your look will be stylish and tailored. They are cut for a slim-fit from a soft stretch cotton-blend with a sateen finish, a hook-and-eye with zip closure, and side and back pockets.
14) midi sweater dress / Y’all. I’m completely smitten with this dress. It looks like it’s a sweater and skirt set, but it is a dress. Horizontal stripes on the top and vertical swipes on the skirt gives this dress a totally modern vibe and I love it. As I wrote the description, I added this to my cart too. I got a medium. And this is hard to believe, but it’s under $35!
15) short sleeve sweater dress / Classic, chic, and very New York. Slip on this turtleneck midi dress from Worthington’s women’s collection in cooler months and style it with heeled ankle boots or sneakers for an office-ready look or to dinner with friends. It’s knitted from a soft wool-blend with recycled fabric, dolman short sleeves, and a side slit.
16) paisley fit and flare dress / Deep purple and wine colors come together to make a beautiful paisley pattern. This dress is lovely with lots of feminine details and it’s only $35 today!
And here’s the deal… the prices are all so reasonable that you could really add lots of new pieces to your wardrobe without spending a fortune. Whether you are doing a full closet overhaul or just wanting to spruce up your current wardrobe, JCPenney has lots of darling and affordable options for you!
A huge THANK YOU to JCPenney for sponsoring this post.