This post is sponsored by Our Place and ShopStyle Collective. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote pieces that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
Happy Wednesday, y’all!
Today is a little bit different over here, so get ready! Y’all know that most of the time I talk fashion in this space, but I have a passion for sharing everything I love with others, even if it’s not clothes. So today I’m sharing a couple of things I love from the kitchen. Full disclosure here, I’m straight up obsessed. I’ve talked with you about both the Our Place’s Perfect Pot and the Our Place’s Always Pan before, and today we are talking about both of them again. Because when I’m straight up obsessed, I keep talking about things. Just ask my friends and family! Haha!
And because I’m soooo happy with these pieces, I think your kitchen needs them too.
I’m telling you, they’re an entire cooking system in just two pieces. They were thoughtfully designed to replace 16 pieces of traditional cookware, they are so beautiful, the pieces can go from oven to cooktop to table, and clean up is a breeze! AND the nonstick ceramic coating made without potentially toxic materials like PFOAs, PTFEs, other PFAs, lead, cadmium, toxic metals, and nanoparticles. What’s not to love?
WHY am I talking about these pieces again?
Well, I’m glad you asked.
I’ve got two reasons:
1) There are some specials going on right now that I want to make sure y’all know about. The Perfect Pot and Always Pan can always be purchased separately, but right now you can also purchase them together for bundle pricing. This month they are also running a promo on their Always Pan, and it’s on sale for ONLY $115 from October 5-18th.
2) I’ve got a couple of incredibly easy and super delicious recipes to share.
Let’s kick things off just talking about how pretty the Perfect Pot is. BECAUSE SHE’S A REAL BEAUTY. There are several colors to choose from, and this is the “blue salt”. Y’all know I already own the Always Pan in blue salt, which is why I decided to get the pot in the same color. I had a hard time deciding because I also think it would be fun to mix and match colors, but I ultimately decided to stick with the blue.
They have a great feature on the site to help you decide which colors you want to go with if you are grabbing both. When you choose the color for each piece, it changes the color for you so you can see what they look like together!
The Perfect Pot includes the following:
- 5.5 QT Cast Aluminum Pot (Big enough to cook for a crowd! Holds 22 cups!)
- Cast Aluminum Straining Lid
- Beechwood Spoon with Patent-Pending Notch System
- Cast Aluminum Nonstick Roasting Rack (that doubles as a steamer)
It’s got a non-stick coating and it’s PFA and PTFE free. I love that it’s cookware that you can feel good about. It’s compatible with all cooktops, and you can also put this in an oven up to 425 degrees!
The Perfect Pot is a dutch oven, stock pot, saucepan, roasting rack, steamer, colander and braiser ALL IN ONE. WOW! And I can’t emphasize enough how much I love the wooden spoon it comes with. It also has a perfectly-sized pour spout which has come in super handy for me on a couple of occasions. When I made pasta in the pot, I was able to drain the water before adding the sauce to the pan. When I made taco meat in the pot, I was able to drain the grease with ease.
These grooves are what enables the spoon to rest perfectly on the handle, which means it’s always right where you need it.
And this nesting roasting rack doubles as a steamer!
Now that we know all about the Perfect Pot, let’s get to the recipe!
THE PERFECT POT and a ROAST RECIPE
When choosing today’s recipes, I landed on one that holds many memories for me AND is incredibly delicious.
Growing up, we always had family lunch on Sunday after church, and I loved it when my mom would make a roast! I called her for her recipe, and she just rattled it off over the phone from memory. I can’t believe I’d never made a roast before, but I hadn’t. And I have absolutely no idea why, because I love roast! Heck, I even order it on occasion from a neighborhood restaurant and Carter loves it too.
Now that I’ve made it and see how easy it is, I have no doubt it will be in the regular rotation now! I have a hunch you might be adding it to your rotation also, because when good and easy combine like this, it’s a no brainer.
- 2 pound chuck roast
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- white onion, sliced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 6 cups beef broth
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes cut into chunks
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Coat meat generously with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Drizzle the pot with olive oil and sear the meat on all sides. I did about 3 minutes per side.
- I added the onion after searing the first side and let it cook when I was searing the other sides.
- Add 4 cups of beef broth to the pot. (The broth should cover about 1/2 the roast). Keep checking on it during baking and add water or more broth if needed.)
- Cover and bake for an hour and half.
- Reduce heat to 350 and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Add quartered potatoes and sliced carrots to the pot. Add another cup of beef broth if needed. Cook an additional 45 minutes until the meat, potatoes, and carrots are all tender.
The recipe calls for peeled potatoes, and I actually find it easier to use my everyday chef’s knife to peel the potatoes rather than use an actual peeler.
And I used the same knife to quarter the potatoes and cut the carrots into chunks.
I put them all in the pot, and then transferred the pot to the oven. The Perfect Pot is oven safe up to 425 degrees!
I will tell you this, the house smelled HEAVENLY.
Carter grabbed it out of the oven for me (it’s lightweight unlike most other Dutch ovens), he took one look, and he said he could barely wait to dig in.
Is your mouth watering yet?
I stole a bite, and OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY WORD.
So tender, so flavorful, and SO EASY. My favorite combination.
Look how pleased I look with myself. Haha!
THE ALWAYS PAN AND SKILLET GREEN BEANS
Now let’s talk about the other part of this dynamic duo, the Always Pan. The pan comes with a lid, a metal steamer basket/colander, 2 easy pour spouts, a stay cool handle, and a wooden spatula (and built-in notch and rest for that spatula). It’s CRAZY how much I’ve grown to love the built-in spoon rest. It’s just so dang convenient! There’s also a special sponge included that makes clean up so easy.
It’s got a non-stick coating and it’s PFA and PTFE free. I love that it’s cookware that you can feel good about! It’s compatible with all cook tops, which is a frequently asked question. Click HERE for other frequently asked questions and answers.
You can braise, sear, steam, strain, sauté, fry, boil, serve, and store with the Always Pan.
And listen, I’m not the only person who is crazy for this pan. Oprah, The New York Times, and Food & Wine magazine all love it. I MEAN! Plus, pretty much all my favorite bloggers sing its praises as well. At one point, this pan had a waitlist of over 30,000 people. It’s BACK IN STOCK now, so snatch it up for yourself and your mom too. And don’t worry, if this color doesn’t appeal to you, there’s a color for everybody with over 8 colors to choose from.
AND RIGHT NOW IT’S $30 OFF! WOW!
If you remember, I also have the pan in terracotta too.
To go with the roast, I decided to add a green veggie to the mix with some yummy skillet green beans.
INGREDIENTS for SKILLET GREEN BEANS:
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- garlic salt (to taste)
DIRECTIONS: Heat up oil in pan and sprinkle in some hot pepper flakes. Add green beans and turn to coat with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic salt to taste on top. Cook on medium heat until desired tenderness is reached. I still like mine to have a little bite to them, so I stopped cooking after about 8 minutes or so. They are bright green (so pretty!) and so tasty!
This recipe could not be any simpler.
DINNER IS SERVED
This was my favorite home cooked meal we’ve had in a good long while. And listen, there were TONS of leftovers, and I’m super excited for those too!
LOOK! HOW! DELICIOUS!
I plated it on my Our Place dinner plate. And just fyi, they’ve got bowls and glasses too. I grabbed each in sets of 4, but if you need 8 you can take advantage of the savings. If you want to take advantage of SERIOUS savings, you can get the Dinner for 4 bundle which includes the The Always pan from Our Place, 4 plates, 4 bowls, and 4 glasses. And you can customize what colors you want for each piece!
I love that their plates have a large surface area and just a tiny little lip that helps keep the food contained.
Serving up some serious comfort on a plate right there.
Absolutely DELICIOUS and tied to so many memories eating lunch after church on Sundays with my family when I was growing up.
I want to leave you with 3 thoughts…
- When it comes time to clean up, you are going to be amazed! I mean, we all know that the clean up is always the worst part of cooking, but not with these pieces! Clean up is SUPER easy. The nontoxic nonstick surface is crazy slippery and nothing gets stuck to it. Even after the roast had been in the oven for over 3 hours, I literally just did a couple of quick sweeps with the sponge and everything literally slid right off!
- Also, with the holidays right around the corner, both of these items are fabulous for gifts. As I said, I gifted the pan to both my mom and mother in law last year. Luckily I was able to grab them before the pan sold out last year, so don’t delay! Grab them now for any holiday gifts you might need.
- And great news! Right now you can use the code SHEAFFER10 to receive 10% OFF anything on the site that isn’t already on bundle pricing or on sale. So if you want dishes or bamboo steamers, you can grab them with the discount! The knives and the cutting board are awesome, and you can grab those for 10% OFF too!
A huge thank you to Our Place and ShopStyle for sponsoring this post. Now I’m off to decide what I’m going to cook next!