Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month! Today I’m going to highlight your Top 12 picks from October. Actually, I’m highlighting your Top 14….. because they all fit nicely onto the collage. Haha!
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls top picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 14 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer (or already owned), and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock).
The picks that made this month’s list are from Nordstrom, Kohl’s, Walmart, and Amazon.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) zip up sweatshirt / 2) shrunken bomber jacket / 3) mock neck sweater / 4) beaded fringe earrings / 5) straight leg ankle jeans / 6) colorblock sweater / 7) colorful fair isle sweater / 8) Mario Badescu drying lotion / 9) Colleen Rothschild Tinted Illuminating Eye Cream / 10) NARS blush / 11) throw blanket / 12) 7/8 leggings / 13) sweatshirt / 14) Calpak duffle bag
1) zip up sweatshirt / This zip up sweatshirt is a must have for me and I love these leggings too. The sweatshirt is fleece lined, it’s got thumbholes, and it has a really cool collar (seen better on the site). For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. The medium has plenty of room and it’s a tiny bit cropped. Actually, it’s on the shorter side, but I wouldn’t say it’s cropped. The sweatshirt is quite warm, and it’s so dang cute!
These are the 7/8 leggings that everybody swears are a perfect dupe for the lululemon Align leggings. Now, I wouldn’t know because I’ve never even tried the Aligns, but I do know that I think these are incredible. THEY FEEL LIKE BUTTER. I’m wearing the black, but they come in many colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
The sweatshirt comes in several colors.
2) shrunken bomber jacket / This jacket might look super familiar to you because I first introduced it to you last year. I would say it was one of my personal Top 10 Favorite finds for 2022. When I realized it was back again AND it came in new colors, featuring it again was a total no brainer.
Because this bomber jacket? Well, it’s the bomb. And it’s ON SALE for UNDER $40!!! I love it so soooooooo much.
Y’all know I love the stand-up collar, and the bomber styling is super cute. The material is soft, comfy, and has just a bit of stretch in it. It’s not heavy, so it’s going to be perfect for early fall and spring as well. This is the olive (which actually functions as a neutral), but it also comes in black and khaki this year. I think it will be cute with regular jeans, white denim, and black denim. I’ll wear it with both boot-cut jeans, straight legged jeans, and skinny jeans all season long.
I’m wearing a medium. A small would definitely fit, but I like the relaxed and roomy fit of the medium.
Here are some pics of how I’ve styled it in the past…
I think it’s so cute styled below with ripped up jeans and sneakers.
And how great does it look with black jeans?
Side note: If you are in need of a great pair of black jeans, LOOK NO FURTHER. These are the perfect black jeans. Soft, stretchy, and incredibly flattering. For size reference, I’m wearing a 6Petite, but I need a 4P.
And it of course looks great with dark denim, a dark grey sweater, and booties.
3) mock neck sweater / This mock neck sweater has such a cool vibe. I love this beautiful “nutmeg” color, but it also comes in black and cream. Click through to see it on the model to get a better idea of the fit. I’ve styled it here with the Wit and Wisdom cords I first featured a couple of weeks ago. They have the Ab Solution technology and are stretchy, so I’m betting they are quite comfy. I’m loving this all neutral outfit with the only pop of color coming from the earrings (also in y’alls Top 12)
All of the accessories here are the same, but I changed out the cords for our favorite jeans (also in the Top 12), and I created an edgier look with the black sling bag and Chelsea boots.
4) beaded fringe earrings / I’ve fallen in love with pretty much everything Ink+Alloy, and I love that you can grab the pieces on Amazon. From the feedback I’ve been receiving from y’all, you are just as obsessed as I am. The Ink + Alloy pieces add a perfect pop to just about every outfit.
This is my idea of a perfect casual fall outfit. A great tee, my must have jeans, a cozy cardigan (in a lovely color), and some neutral sneakers. My beaded fringe earrings are getting lots of wear because they always add a little bit of oomph.
5) straight leg ankle jeans / These jeans are my favorite jeans from last year, and I was so excited to see that they brought them back this year! They made the Top 12 last month too. They are the PERFECT every day jean.
They are a straight leg, they are the perfect ankle length, and they have a raw hem and cute little slits on the sides. They are great with sneakers, with flats, with booties, and with heels! If you’re looking for an awesome pair of jeans at an affordable price point, these are your jeans.
They are a great way to not wear a skinny jean without having to go total wide leg or flare. As far as I’m concerned, these are THE JEANS for fall! I’m wearing my regular size 4, but size down if between sizes. If you’re not familiar with Wit and Wisdom jeans, they are super stretchy and very comfy. They have Ab-Solution technology, and they mold and hold you while still allowing you to breathe. They really are soooo flattering and incredibly comfortable.
This pic is about the sneakers, but check out the subtle frayed hem and the side slits on the jeans. So cute! (And while you’re at it, check out the precious pup.) 😉
These sneakers come in tons of color options, and I have a couple of them, but this pair is a great neutral option (officially the “white/tan leather”). I love that you just slip them on and don’t have to worry about tying the laces. They are quite comfy and are a great casual touch with so many outfits. I wear them with jeans, shorts, skirts, and dresses. True to size for me.
Earlier this week I showed you a $25 pair of sneakers that are super cute too, but the ones below are real leather if that’s what you would prefer. They are also more narrow than the $25 option. Both are great options to the over $500 Golden Goose sneakers. (But I have to say, I do love my pair of GG sneaks.)
Here are some more outfits with the jeans…
I love the jeans here with the famous coatigan and leopard flats. It’s a great look.
Here’s a look with heeled booties and an adorable jacket.
I always love a blazer with jeans.
Casual, but sooo chic too. I think the green bag looks awesome with the camel coatigan (officially called “light camel”).
And with a floral blouse.
Here’s another classic look. I decided to go with one of my favorite black sweaters and my new black bag that I’m completely smitten with.
6) colorblock sweater / The pink with the grey color blocking is ADORABLE, but there are lots of color choices to choose from. This sweater is a super relaxed fit, so most size down. The pink and grey colorway is on its way to me.
7) colorful fair isle sweater / You might remember that I teased these sweaters with a screen grab a couple of weeks ago. Well, they arrived yesterday afternoon, and they are DARLING! I’ll show them on me on Friday, but I’m featuring them again today because I’m so afraid that both (especially the fair isle one) might be quick sell-out risks. They are soooooooooo soft and beautifully made.
The colors are so happy, and the design is so fun! It’s no surprise that so many of y’all grabbed this one.
8) Mario Badescu drying lotion / This Maria Badescu drying lotion has a cult following. It’s pink on the bottom and clear on top. Resist the urge to shake the bottle up. Leave the liquids separated and insert a Q-tip in to grab some of the pink product from the bottom. Put the pink stuff on your blemish at night and get ready to be amazed in the morning. Your blemish will look soooooooo much better, and in many instances, it will basically be gone. The results are truly incredible. I’ve used it on Carter too when he has had a zit pop up here or there, and we are all always amazed at how well it works.
9) Colleen Rothschild Tinted Illuminating Eye Cream / My favorite eye cream is BACK IN STOCK, baby! And with the code STMT20 you can get 20% OFF! This was my personal #1 find when I first used it back in March, and it’s actually in my Top 3 finds for the entire year! It was in y’alls Top 5 for 2 months earlier this year, and now it’s back in the top again! Once it came back in stock (it was gone forever), I knew it would rocket up to the top again.
It makes my under-eye area appear brighter, more radiant, and more youthful. TRULY! The formula specifically targets common concerns of tired and dull eyes, such as under-eye darkness, fine lines, dryness, and puffiness.
Here’s what’s in it and what it does:
- Hyaluronic acid: helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Caffeine: targets puffiness and water retention.
- Pearlized pigments provide an instant brightening effect and create a radiant, glowing appearance.
- Peach coloring pigments neutralize blue undertones, helping to balance out skin tone and create a more even appearance.
- Peptites help smooth texture.
It’s really hard to capture how awesome the eye cream is in a picture, so you’re going to need to trust me. You can use it on its own on a fresh-faced day, but it also functions beautifully under makeup. I’m telling you, this eye cream is going to WOW you.
And just FYI: I don’t like concealer and never use it, but I think this eye cream not only does the job of an eye cream, but it also functions a bit like a concealer does. Here’s the difference though: it doesn’t settle into lines or crepiness (which is why I don’t like or wear concealer).
I obviously highly recommend this product. Like I said before, IT WILL WOW YOU.
10) NARS blush / I linked this blush when it was on sale at Nordstrom, and y’all scooped it up. Right now it’s on sale at Sephora with the code TIMETOSAVE. The color “orgasm” is supposed to be a universal color that looks great on everybody. I would like to go on record saying that it really annoys me that many of the NARS makeup products have suggestive names. I think it’s stupid. Young girls buy these products, and there’s just no reason. JUST CALL IT PEACH.
11) throw blanket / Ladies, this blanket is a must have! We’ve owned it for a while now, and we ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. It is super similar to the very expensive blanket that everybody knows and loves, but this one is a mere fraction of the price. Thank heavens, because I know not everybody wants to pay $180 for a blanket, I don’t care how cozy it is! 🙂
For just $20, you too can own this blanket that feels both luxurious and expensive. It is sooooooooooo soft and incredibly cozy and warm. Get one for your own home for sure, but also know that these $20 blankets make excellent gifts. Get one for everybody on your list!
Maybe you need this one for Christmas? There are 6 total color options.
12) and 13) 7/8 leggings and sweatshirt / Today I’ve got an awesome sweatshirt (in 2 colors) and a pair of must have leggings (in 2 colors). I named these 7/8 leggings a MUST HAVE several years ago, and they remain a must have in my closet and my heart. 😉
The 7/8 length is the perfect ankle length on me. I’m 5’4″ with long legs (and no torso) for my height, but I know the leggings stretch and they work lengthwise on taller people as well. For size reference, I wear a small in the leggings. They have a high waist with the perfect amount of compression. They suck you in, while still allowing you to breathe, and they don’t roll down on you! You definitely need the black, but after you fall in love with them, I feel certain you will grab one of the fun colors as well.
This sweatshirt is totally basic, BUT TOTALLY AWESOME.
I laughed out loud when I read the online description because it’s so true: Do your casual lineup a solid with this supersoft and cozy, classic crewneck sweatshirt because it’s essential for the gym, coffee runs or couch lounging.
Do your casual lineup a solid, y’all.
This is the “ivory grey heather”, but it comes in 5 additional colors. YOU’RE GOING TO WANT AT LEAST 2.
I’m wearing a medium and feel like it’s the perfect oversized fit on me. It’s got a bit of a high low hem, which means it’s plenty long for leggings. I did cuff the sleeves one time, so the sleeves are plenty long as well. It’s lightweight and perfect for now all the way into spring. Since it’s not thick or bulky, it will fit easily under a jacket as well when the weather calls for it.
Here’s another outfit I styled with the leggings. These are the tees that were in the Top 12 last month.
14) Calpak duffle bag / This duffel bag is fantastic. My girlfriend Cassie started talking about it years ago, but I just now took the plunge. I was thinking it would be a great gym bag, but Cassie actually sings its praises as a travel bag. The back of the bag has a sleeve that allows it to slip onto the handles of a carry-on suitcase very easily (see on site). For me, it’s going to be a perfect bag to pack for the ranch for long weekends. This would be a great Christmas gift for any travel lover on your list.
You can carry it over your shoulder, or you can use the detachable cross body strap like you saw it on me in the first pics of this outfit.
The material is soft and the bag is incredibly spacious with so many pockets. You will be SHOCKED at how much you can pack into this baby! Go read the reviews and you will be convinced. It also comes in chocolate and matte black.
That’s all for today, y ‘all! Did you grab one of these items earlier this month? If not, are you grabbing something today? Sound off in the comments!