Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from October.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that ALL but one of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, several are under $60, and some are even under $40! The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Walmart, Amazon, Kohl’s.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) sweater dress / 2) multicolor earrings / 3) pajamas / 4) pleated shoulder crewneck sweater / 5) floral crewneck sweater / 6) lipstick (pillow talk medium) 7) push up lashes mascara and full fat lashes mascara / 8) puffer jacket / 9) ruffle shirt dress / 10) cardigan sweater / 11) tall boots / 12) skinny jeans
1) sweater dress / I’m so happy this was one of y’alls favorites, because it is definitely one of mine faves from the month. I had a hard time deciding which color to go with, but I ultimately decided on the dark gray charcoal heather. I think the “pink smoke” is very pretty too, and I’m actually considering that one as all. The dress is super cozy, not at all itchy, and quite flattering. It’s not body conscious, but it’s not boxy either. It’s just a great relaxed fit. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, and it’s still roomy.
I love the combo of the dark grey dress styled with the cognac boots. Don’t you?
Years ago, I think black boots would have been what most would have reached for with this dress. However, over the last several years I’ve seen styling black and brown together become more of a mainstream thing. I think it adds so much more interest to the outfit when black and brown or gray and brown are paired together.
2) multicolor earrings / These multicolor earrings are straight up fabulous. I LOVE THEM. They go with soooo many different outfits, and they always add an element of fun. So yeah, I love them. That’s all.
3) pajamas / My new pajamas are DARLING. Like maybe the cutest pair of pajamas I’ve ever owned. I like them so much in fact that I kind of want to get the long sleeve version too, but I realize that’s kind of overkill, so I’m going to show restraint.
These are the pajamas that I buy a pair of every other year during the Anniversary Sale, but I didn’t get any this year because mine from last year are still in great shape. Well, I couldn’t resist these colors and this pattern, so here we are. #noregrets
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
4) pleated shoulder crewneck sweater / I showed this sweater in 2 colors this month. This crew neck sweater has a tiny little pleated puff shoulder, and this caramel color is perfect for fall. This sweater is seriously fabulous and super soft. It comes in 8 colors, and it is UNDER $30! WOW! This would be a great look for Thanksgiving day. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
And here it is in red… obviously great all fall and winter, but seriously perfect for the holiday season.
5) floral crewneck sweater / So this sweater comes in 4 colors/patterns, and I showed 2 of them in October. I love the leaf/floral pattern of the one on the collage. I think it looks designer, BUT IT’S UNDER $20. (It looks and feels a lot like a Vici sweater I had last year!)
It’s super soft and a touch thick, so it will keep us all warm. And the colors are beautiful in this one! I love how it combines blush, magenta, and orange! I think it’s an unexpected color combination that is absolutely gorgeous.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
But wait! It also comes in polka dots that are totally whimsical and super fun! Again, I’m wearing a medium.
6) lipstick (pillow talk medium) / It’s the lipstick that made the Top 12, but I want to go ahead and review all the products for the lip look I got during my Charlotte Tilbury makeover! Click HERE for the post and the Before and After pics!
Lip Cheat Lip Liner: Pillow Talk Medium was the perfect shade for the lip look that Sarah was planning on creating. She told me to smile as that’s the easiest way to line the lips, but then she said that she often goes just right above and just right below the actual lip line to create a bit fuller of a look. I find most lipliners to be incredibly drying, but not this one!
Matte Revolution Lipstick: Sarah chose Pillow Talk Medium for my shade. I told her that I really like a shiny lip, but she still chose this matte lipstick. Don’t let the matte descriptor discourage you though, this lipstick is incredibly hydrating, but the “matteness” gives it staying power. I loved the color, and we just finished the look off with gloss.
Collagen Lip Bath Lip Gloss: Sarah applied this Pillow Talk gloss at the very end. This gloss contains marine collagen and it infuses your lips with actual collagen. It also has mustard and mint extract in there too. It won’t burn your lips, it’s just going to give you a beautiful and plump smoothed out lip look. It will treat your lips over time because of the collagen.
Here it is on me…
7) push up lashes mascara and full fat lashes mascara / It’s actually my eye makeup that was my absolute favorite part of the makeover. She lined my upper lid on my actual eyelash line (not above my lashes like I’ve been doing it for years), and she didn’t line my lower lid with matching eyeliner. She used the metallic champagne eyeliner on my waterline, and then she used this eyeliner brush to apply Charlotte Tilbury Bronzing Powder where I used to apply typical eyeliner under my eye. Sarah said she’s always done the eyeliner in the upper lashline because it makes the lashes appear fuller and darker. You actually put it between the lashes! She does it to every single person that she does makeup for, and I couldn’t believe the difference it made for me.
When I lined above my eyes, I think it just covered up my eyelashes. Lining in the lash line actually just made the base of my lashes look naturally dark. It looked less like makeup (was way less severe), and I loved it so much!
And then, when working on my lashes, instead of using an eyelash primer, she just used two mascaras. She started with the Full Fat Lashes Mascara and then she finished with the Pillow Talk Push-Up Lashes Mascara.
When applying the mascara, she worked in sections and explained how you want to have your lashes look like a spread out fan to help draw your eyes out and have your eyes look more elongated. I’m telling you, my lashes didn’t even look like my own lashes when she was done with them! HANDS DOWN…BEST LASHES I’VE EVER HAD!
And then she just did a light coat of the Full Fat Lashes Mascara on my lower lashes.
I believe her method really opened my eyes up, and the whole look was just younger and fresher!
Lining in my lash line is going to take a little bit of practice, but I’ve done it every day since the makeover, and I’m already getting better at it. See how it looks like the base of my lashes is just really dark? It doesn’t even look like eyeliner! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
Here’s a picture from a previous makeup post, and it highlights how different my eyes look was when I was using the dark eyeliner on the bottom as well as the top (above my lashes). Such a difference, right? I really like the new look above so much more! THANK YOU, SARAH!
8) puffer jacket / Okay, y’all. This one surprised me because it only appeared once in my Amazon post, and I didn’t even make a really huge deal out of it. In fact, I only highlighted it in the collage below, but lots of y’all scooped it up! All 3 puffers are FANTASTIC, but the one on the left was the clear winner. I’m wearing mediums in all of them, but the bronze one on the right definitely runs large, so I would suggest sizing down in it. I would also say the cream and the black ones run a bit on the small side, so I would suggest sizing up if between sizes.
If history is any indication, by the time we all will actually need puffer jackets, most of them will be picked over. I remember that all the puffers went quickly last year, so grab one now if you think you need a new one.
9) ruffle shirt dress / I’m super excited about this ruffle shirt dress. This is the “retro daisy”, and it’s a pretty wine color with a taupe floral design. There are vertical metallic threads running through it, but they don’t make the dress too sparkly, they just add a subtle shimmer which I actually like. There are no zippers or buttons, so you just slip it on over your head. It’s a super comfortable fit with an elastic waist and a split neck.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. I will say that I’m 5’4″ (with long legs for my height), and it is short. I happen to like short dresses, but if you are over 5’5″, this dress is probably going to be too short on you. You can find it in plus size too!
If you have family fall photos coming up, this would be the perfect dress! You could wear it on its own, but I also have a couple of ideas on pieces to layer on top of it. And layering is always great for photos. This dress is regularly $60 and worth every dang penny, but right now it’s ONLY $36! What an amazing deal!
10) cardigan sweater / Y’all know I love a cardi, but this cardi is extra fabulous, because although you can of course wear it unbuttoned over anything you like (like a traditional cardigan), you can also wear it all buttoned up and styled as a sweater. I think this is a cool and kind of edgy way to wear it! It’s a great ribbed texture and has an interesting braided design down the sleeves. If you don’t like the taupe, it also comes in black, grey, and a pretty royal blue. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. Regularly $64, you can grab it right now for $39.99!
11) tall boots / These gorgeous cognac boots were in my personal Top 3 for the month. First of all, the cognac color is perfection. They are truly the most beautiful warm cognac color I’ve ever seen. I also love the stacked heel, the pointy toe, and the overall fit. I did size up a 1/2 in these. I haven’t had a chance to wear them all day yet, but they’ve been very comfortable for me for several hours at a time. (If you’re more interested in short booties, I have this pair and love them. I sized up a 1/2 in these as well.)
12) skinny jeans / When I first bought the tall boots, I knew I also needed a new pair of skinny jeans to love. Because y’all, I might reach for my straight cut and mom jeans a lot right now, but I’ll always remain loyal to a great pair of skinny jeans. And tall boots really shine with a great pair of skinny jeans.
These skinny ankle jeans are from Wit and Wisdom, which y’all know has been my favorite denim brand for years and years. You just can’t beat the fit, and the Ab Solution technology is quite literally life changing. When a pair of jeans can be stretchy, comfy, and flattering as all get out – SIGN. ME. UP. The power mesh panels mold and hold you. They suck you in, but they still allow you to breathe. It’s a thing of wonder, y’all. I’m wearing my regular size 4. With Wit and Wisdom, definitely size down if between sizes.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at October’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!
And just for fun, you know I’ve already ordered for and have started planning and photographing content for November. I already have 3 personal favorites: this sherpa (I got it in blush and it’s amazing. It’s expensive, but I think it’s totally worth it.), this $39 sweater from Nordstrom (I got the “pink gale marl”, but think it’s more of a lilac. It’s so soft!), and I’m sooooooo excited about this fair isle sweater.
If you didn’t see yesterday’s post, the Sephora Sale is happening right now!
Click HERE to see what level you are at Sephora so you know when you can shop. Rouge members get 20% OFF right now, VIB members get 15% OFF now and all Insiders will get 10% off their purchase starting 11/3. If you haven’t signed up for Sephora’s Beauty Insider program yet, just make sure you sign up now to unlock 10% off so you can start shopping on November 3rd. It’s so easy!
I discovered the Burberry HER perfume when my friend and neighbor got in my car earlier this year and I couldn’t get over how amazing she smelled. I bought it for myself the same day. The PTR mini mask set would be awesome for a stocking stuffer! And I love the idea of trying a variety of the masks. Plus, the set is just super cute. I talk about most of the other products found in the collage in the post below.
1) Burberry HER perfume / 2) Laneige lip mask / 3) CT flawless setting spray / 4) CT Magic Cream / 5) Origins spot treatment / 6) Fenty gloss bomb / 7) PTR mini mask set / 8) PTR eye patches / 9) Bobbi Brown eysehadow stick (dusty mauve) / 10) Drunk Elephant Sunshine Drops / 11) Bum Bum gift set that smells heavenly / 12) Ambient Light Palette / 13) Supergoop Glow Screen / 14) Unseen Sunscreen