Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month! Today I’m going to share your Top 10 picks from March. (This month is a little different because I usually share y’alls Top 12 picks from the month. But today I’m going to share y’alls Top 10, and then I’m going to share 2 of my favorites from the month that didn’t make y’alls Top 10.)
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls top picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 10 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And two of the month’s picks have been on previous month’s lists as well! The picks that made this month’s list are from Nordstrom, Amazon, GAP, and Colleen Rothschild. And with the exception of the Farm Rio top, everything is under $100! In fact, several things are under $50!
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) must have joggers / 2) dress / 3) woven bag / 4) neutral patent sandals (size up a 1/2) / 5) short sleeve sweatshirt / 6) drawstring skirt / 7) cover up / 8) eye cream / 9) Farm Rio blouse / 10) white jeans
1) must have joggers / I think this is 3rd time that these joggers have made the Top 12 list. Listen. I GET IT. If we were to pick the top picks list based only upon how often I wear an item each month, these joggers would be on the Top 12 list each and every month. I named these performance joggers a MUST HAVE back in the fall, and I believe it now even more than I did then. I have several different colors, and I wear all of them constantly. They are so soft, so comfy, and so flattering. I wear a small in the joggers. I wear a medium in the tee and a small in the denim jacket. If you prefer a lighter wash, check out this new denim jacket. It looks fabulous.
The sneakers are probably my favorite purchase of 2023 thus far. They are just so dang cute! I love the colors, and I love that they are slip on with the bungee cord laces. True to size for me.
Like I said, I have the joggers in several colors. I own the color above, but I couldn’t put my hand on a picture in them!
This pullover sweatshirt from Amazon is a Lululemon dupe. I’ve shown it several times now in a couple of different colors. I wear them alllllll the time. I don’t personally own any Lulu so I have nothing to compare it to, but I can tell you I’m obsessed with this pullover. It’s the collar for me, y’all! I wear it with both jeans and joggers. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
If you’re only going to buy 1 color of the joggers, buy the black. I sure do love all the colors, but black is definitely my most worn.
In addition to the joggers, I also can’t stop wearing this sweatshirt (which is also in this month’s Top 10). I probably need to stop, BUT I CAN’T. It’s perfect for this time of year. It’s a bright springy color, it’s got a little bit of warmth, and it’s short sleeved! Seriously, spring perfection.
I really do LOVE a short-sleeved sweatshirt. I have several in my closet, and they are definitely pieces that I reach for often. This one is a relaxed fit and super soft with a sleeve that’s got some length (which I also love). For size reference, I’m wearing a medium, but I think I might prefer a small.
This crop hoodie comes in several styles, and this is the full zip with the hood. Its fleece lined, it’s got thumbholes, and it has a really cool collar (seen better on the site). The sweatshirt is quite warm, and it’s so dang cute! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. It has fantastic reviews, and at just under $40 it’s an awesome deal.
2) dress / Simple summer dresses are my jam because they are so easy to just throw on and go! This one is easy, breezy, flattering, and I have no doubt it’s going to be a GO TO dress for me all spring and summer long. For size reference, I’m wearing a small. If you remember, I showed it in white a couple of weeks ago, and it was then that I immediately hopped on and ordered it in black too. This dress would be cute with heels, with wedges, with flat sandals, or even with cowboy boots! It’s a blank slate and can be styled virtually any way you can dream up!
The white one is lined, so it is very well made. I’m wearing it casually here with flat sandals, but it could easily be dressed up a bit with wedges and jewelry. Again, I’m wearing a small.
3) woven bag / I don’t even own this exact bag, but I loved this color when I saw it online, so I included it on several different outfit collages this month. Here’s one example! I love the blush color so much. It was also in the Travel Style collage at the beginning of today’s post, and you’ll see it again later in today’s post with the Farm Rio blouse.
This ruffle midi dress is a little more romantic and feminine than I usually go for, but there was just something about this dress. And I thought it was just so pretty styled with the pearl accessories, the pale pink bag, and the creamy sandals.
4) neutral patent sandals (size up a 1/2) / So until last year, I had never owned any Tory Burch Miller sandals. I bought my first pair last year in “light makeup”, and then I purchased a cognac pair this year. I love them, and I guess I now understand the hype.
HOWEVER, if you think it’s crazy to spend almost $200 on a pair of sandals, I get it. I have a great option for you that is SO MUCH MORE AFFORDABLE! Look no further than these neutral patent sandals. These are the “almond”. I first purchased these sandals in June of 2020, AND THEY STILL LOOK BRAND SPANKING NEW. I can’t even say that about my TB Miller sandals I bought last year (they look a little worn on the front portion right under my big toe), but these look dang near perfect still! I do recommend sizing up a 1/2 size.
You can wear them with pretty much everything.
You can wear them casually with jeans and a tee…
I’ve shown you this ruffle sleeve tee before in olive, but this orange (totally leans coral) is such a pretty spring and summer color! It’s soft, and the ruffle sleeves are flouncy, but not too exaggerated. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
WAIT! I’m laughing so hard! When reading this post for the final time before hitting “publish”, I just realized I’m actually wearing the TB sandals in the pic below, even though I thought they were the others when I decided to put this pick in the post. See! They’re a great option!
Do y’all remember this Happy Camper tee from a couple years ago? I’m still wearing it and still loving it! It’s very soft and super cute. I’m wearing a medium.
Here I have it paired with a new pair of Levi’s denim shorts. I LOVE these shorts, but here’s a pro tip: SIZE UP 2 SIZES. I had to size up TWO for a comfortable fit. If your tummy isn’t your problem area, you might need to only size up 1 size, but I went up two full sizes because they don’t have any stretch. I’m wearing a 29. I really like the light wash for summer, and the frayed hem is great fun.
They look great with white jeans…
This swiss dot blouse is so pretty and so feminine with the v neck, the subtle puff sleeves, and the swiss dot detailing. I’m wearing the “15-purple 2”. It’s got a bit of length to it (as you can see on the right), but you can see on the left how you can still do a 1/2 tuck very easily.
This sweater has over 2,000 5 star reviews and it’s ON SALE right now! It has a deep v neck (but not too deep), a subtle puff sleeve, and a banded hem. I like to wear it out, but I also like to wear it with a 1/2 tuck. It looks great both ways. You will definitely want to wear a nude bra under it because the tiny little holes do let the color of the bra peek through a bit. For size reference, I’m wearing a small, but I think a medium might be better on me.
And they of course look great with skirts and dresses…
Like this adorable embroidered dress! I showed it last year in red and y’all loved it, so I thought I should share in navy too. It comes in 14 colors! It’s totally festive and obviously perfect for a Mexican vacation. I love the little pom poms on the sleeves and the little ruffle at the bottom. I’m wearing a medium here, and I need the medium in the chest. Otherwise, a small would be fine.
This swiss dot dress is so soft, so feminine, and it feels like pajamas. The chest is fully smocked (which is super comfortable and forgiving), the sheer sleeves have a bit of length to them, and the skirt is lined with a ruffle at the bottom. It’s a really sweet little dress.
Officially this color is called “rosepink”, but I think it’s a soft lilac. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
This sweatshirt is fun and vibrant, and I’m obsessed with the highlighter pink color. And listen, I LOVE a short-sleeved sweatshirt. I have several in my closet, and they are definitely pieces that I reach for often. They are perfect for spring. This one is a relaxed fit and super soft with a sleeve that’s got some length (which I also love). For size reference, I’m wearing a medium, but I think I might prefer a small.
AND LOOK AT THIS! CHECK OUT THE MATCHING SET!
I absolutely love it paired with the sweat shorts. For size reference, I’m wearing a petite small in the shorts. And remember, I’m wearing a regular medium in the sweatshirt. It’s quite oversized, so a small would definitely be fine. Look how cute it is with my favorite sneakers.
6) drawstring skirt / I absolutely love a drawstring skirt moment. Today I’ve styled a couple of different skirts with a super fitted tee and a denim jacket. If I lost the jacket, I’d style the skirts with a more relaxed tee. This skirt is the “T3” colorway. It’s a really great neutral with a spotted pattern that will look great with a tan! I love how flirty it is. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
I was really drawn to this green too, but I also love the soft pink floral on the same link. I think they are fun, flirty, and a really great option for spring and summer dressing! For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
7) cover up / I showed you this crochet cover-up for the first time last year when I purchased it in both black and red. I LOVED IT. This month I created this outfit collage because I knew that this neutral option would look so chic with a black swimsuit and gold jewelry. I think this outfit collage proves that! The bracelets are waterproof and perfect for the pool and beach. These flip flops have been my GO TO summer flip flops for like 5 years now. They are flexible (so super comfy) and waterproof.
If you don’t have one of these cover ups yet… FIX THAT NOW.
I’m quite sure it’s my favorite cover up I’ve EVER owned. It’s one size fits all, and I never really get how that works, but it totally does! The smocked waist is super stretchy and I love the loose cap sleeves. It’s short (which I love), but it also keeps you totally covered up.
It’s very affordable, so this year I threw the “hollow out apricot” and “hollow out orange” in my cart.
Here it is in the orange. What a great color!
THIS IS MY PERSONAL #1 FIND FOR THE MONTH! And it’s definitely in my TOP 3 finds for the year!
It makes my under-eye area appear brighter, more radiant, and more youthful. TRULY! The formula specifically targets common concerns of tired and dull eyes, such as under-eye darkness, fine lines, dryness, and puffiness.
- Hyaluronic acid: helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Caffeine: targets puffiness and water retention
- Pearlized pigments provide an instant brightening effect and create a radiant, glowing appearance. Peach-colored pigments neutralize blue undertones, helping to balance out skin tone and create a more even appearance.
- Peptides: help smooth texture
You can use it on its own on a fresh-faced day, but it also functions beautifully under your makeup. This eye cream is going to WOW you.
It’s really hard to capture how awesome the eye cream is in a picture, so you’re going to need to trust me. I don’t like concealer and never use it, but I think this eye cream not only does the job of an eye cream, but it also functions a bit like a concealer does…but it doesn’t settle into lines or crepiness, which is why I don’t like or wear concealer.
I obviously highly recommend this product. And you can use the code STMT20 for 20% OFF
9) Farm Rio blouse / I’m in LOVE with this ruffle sleeve top. It’s pricey, but it’s special! I own both the white jeans and the Mother jeans in the below collage, and they are both in constant rotation. I wear my regular size 27 in both. The white jeans are very stretchy, the Mother jeans definitely have some give, and both are incredibly comfy and cute. And I’m DYING over these sandals.
Okay, this top is a splurge, but I love highlighting special tops sometimes…. and this is a special top.
Farm Rio is a favorite new (to me) brand, and while it’s definitely pricey, I’ve found some items to be worth it to me. I got a Farm Rio top to wear to a friend’s fun birthday party, I grabbed a Farm Rio dress to wear 1 night in Nashville and this summer sunrise blouse definitely spoke to me.
The colors are to die for, the pattern is so fun, and the cut and shape is definitely special. The ruffle sleeves, the neckline, the tassel, and the little ruffle hem are ALL fabulous. This top is SPECIAL, and every so often I’m willing to pay extra for special. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I just saw that it’s almost sold out at Nordstrom, but you can also find it HERE!!!
Here’s the Farm Rio blouse again, styled super casually now with my new denim shorts.
10) white jeans / I first talked about these white jeans last year, and this is the 2nd consecutive month in 2023 that these white jeans have made the Top 12. And I’m imagining they will probably be in next month’s Top 12 list as well. I wear them so often and feature them in so many outfits, they just can’t help but be in the top!
This next outfit is SO ME. Since I already own the white jeans (they are a MUST HAVE) and the cognac Miller sandals and love and HIGHLY RECOMMEND both, I basically feel like it’s my civic duty to buy the other items so I can show you the entire outfit on me. The floral top is everything I love in a top with the design and fit, and I think the colors and the pattern are gorgeous. I ordered a medium. (I showed you the top on me on Friday’s post!)
As soon as all the below items get to me, I’ll feature this exact outfit on me on a post!
Here are a couple of other times you saw the white jeans in March…
My favorite white “jeans” are officially called “ankle skinny pants”. But even though they are called “pants”, I totally think of them as just super soft and awesome white jeans. Now that I see that they aren’t called jeans, I get it, because they are SO DANG SOFT and stretchy….but I really do think of them as jeans and will style them like they are jeans. They are 53% cotton, 29% polyester, 15% rayon, and 3% spandex. I think there must be at least 5% unicorn dust in them too because they’re just that good.
Now, full disclosure, you can see the pockets a bit in them. This is usually a deal breaker for me with white jeans, but for some reason it’s not for me with these jeans. I’ve decided that I actually prefer to see the pockets a bit over having white jeans with fake pockets. I really don’t like the fake pockets, so I’m definitely willing to accept seeing some of the pocket.
They are really stretchy, very slimming, and incredibly comfortable. I love the white button and the little side slits at the ankle. They aren’t see thru, but I of course still recommend wearing nude undies. They actually come in 8 colors, and I predict that some of you will like the fit and comfort so much that you will end up ordering them in at least 1 more color.
I’m wearing a regular size 4, but because of the stretch, I suggest sizing down if between sizes.
This chambray henley shirt is totally fabulous. It’s got a bit of stretch in it with a feminine fit that I really love. I love it worn out, and I love doing a half tuck with it as well. I always think chambray looks great with white denim, but this shirt is nice enough I also think it would be a great look with my MUST HAVE BLACK PANTS and some mules or even a black pencil skirt and some heels!
This cardigan is one that I’ve shown in several different colors over the last several years. It’s a staple in my closet. I’m wearing the “tan cobblestone heather” and think it’s a beautiful neutral, but I wear the black one alllllll the time too. It’s super lightweight and although it looks kinda dressy, I still love it worn casually with jeans and sneakers. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
I grabbed this floral blouse when I was at Nordstrom last week and love how easy breezy it is. It’s a super relaxed fit and it does run quite big, so I would definitely size down. I think it’s so fresh with the white jeans, the colorful earrings, and the hot pink clutch!
I’ll show this exact outfit on me very soon!
TWO OF MY FAVORITE ITEMS FROM MARCH…
So the above 10 items in the collage were y’alls Top 1o favorites of March.
There are two more items that I want to share with y’all today. These next two items didn’t make it to y’alls Top 12, but they were both top items for me.
This dress was probably my biggest surprise of the month, and I think it is GORGEOUS.
I really liked it on the hanger, but as soon as I put it on, I fell in love because of the incredible fit. You slip it on over your head, it has an elastic waistband, and I think you’ll feel fantastic in it.
It is the prettiest black floral pattern. I typically wouldn’t think of black as being a spring color, but even though the background is black, the lightweight fabric and the sheer sleeves still have it feeling very springy.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
The fabric is super lightweight (even sheer on the sleeves), and it makes the dress totally easy and breezy. The cut of the dress is super flattering with the faux wrap, the v neckline and the 3-tiered skirt. The body is fully lined, but the sleeves are sheer. There is a little hook and eye closure at the bottom of the v-neck to ensure modesty, which I really appreciate.
There’s a belted tie to go over the elastic waist, and I tied it in a small bow on the side of my waist. And I was so excited to see it comes in plus size too!
I’m so happy I added this dress to my closet. I think it will work for so many different types of occasions!
The other item that was a top pick for me this month is this floral top from Target (that actually looks very Anthro-ish).
The pattern and colors are fabulous, and I love the split neck, the tassels, the longer sleeve, and the elasticized sleeve him. This top runs quite large. I’m wearing an x-small here, so I would suggest sizing down at least 1 size.
That’s it for today, Ladies! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at March’s Top 12 picks. What are your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!