Happy Monday, Everybody!
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend with friends and family. Our church service was incredible, both families came over for burgers and an egg hunt, and we might have snuck in a little nap as well. It was a great day!
In other news, after being hacked on March 9th, I was hopeful that my Sheaffer Told Me To Facebook page was going to be restored over the weekend (because my Facebook imposed restrictions “expired” on Saturday). I’m sad to report that it was not restored. And if I’m being honest, I cried for a straight hour. I realize as problems go, there are a lot worse things, but I’m starting to lose hope that I’m going to be able to get my page back. I know I can of course start another page, but it took me over 10 years to build that community of 78,000 followers, and the thought of that just being gone is heartbreaking. Today I’m going to dedicate some more time to clicking around all over Facebook and seeing if there’s anything else that I can do. And as always, if anybody has any suggestions or a contact, please e-mail me directly at email@example.com.
Okay, back to happier things! Today’s HELLO SPRING post!
I wasn’t able to finish the post that I originally had planned for today (the denim shorts review is taking me forever), but I was able to pull together some other great pieces that are currently catching my eye!
Check out these finds…
1) square neck sundress / 2) rattan earring set / 3) shorts / 4) Dolce Glow self tanner / 5) Farm Rio dress / 6) scalloped dress / 7) knit tank dress / 8) sandals / 9) Hoka sneakers / 10) striped tee / 11) strapless bra / 12) bracelets / 13) orange shorts (come in tons of lots of washes) / 14) cuffed denim shorts
1) square neck sundress / This square neck dress comes in navy, hot pink, and sunshine yellow. There’s a smocked panel across the back, which means it’s both forgiving and super comfortable. I’d wear it with wedges to dress it up, but I also think it would be cute with fashion sneakers and a cardi or denim jacket.
2) rattan earring set / I got this earring set last year, and I love both pairs. I wear them alllll the time. They are super lightweight, but definitely big enough to make a statement.
3) shorts / These shorts have a 5″ inseam and fantastic reviews. I love this “blue tile” print, and they come in other prints as well like a green gingham and a black and white gingham. And don’t worry, you can also grab them in classic black, navy, white, and khaki. They do have some stretch in them, which I definitely appreciate. If between sizes, size up.
4) Dolce Glow self tanner / This is my new favorite self-tanner. Actually, it is the best self-tanner I’ve ever used!!! (And listen, I’ve really liked other self-tanners, but this one is seriously the best.) It’s a foam that goes on incredibly smoothly, and because the foam is colored, it makes it very easy to apply it evenly and without any streaking. Also, the smell isn’t offensive at all! In fact, I actually think it smells good! It blends very well and will leave you a beautiful golden brown, and not orange at all (like 1 reviewer wrote). Not only was it the best application process of any self-tanner I’ve ever used, I also like the color the best. I bought this after hearing Dani Austin talk about it on her podcast, so consider me #influenced.
5) Farm Rio dress / I own two Farm Rio pieces, and I LOVE both pieces that I own. Is the line pricey? Yes. Do I think it’s worth it? Also yes. The pieces are undeniably special. Click HERE to see all the Farm Rio pieces at Nordstrom. Click HERE to see all the Farm Rio pieces at Bloomingdale’s which seems to have any even better selection. I’m also in love with this dress.
6) scalloped dress / There’s just something about scallops, don’t ya think? They are so pretty and feminine. I’m smitten with this vibrant pink, but it also comes in black and a powder blue. It’s short, which I like. And the sleeves have a bit of length to them, which I like too. It would of course look great with both flat sandals and wedges, but I love how they’ve styled it with sneakers too.
7) knit tank dress / This tank dress made of a ponte knit that is perfect for lounging, running around town, or lunching with girlfriends. It’s got pockets, a drawstring waist, and a flattering cut. Wear it on its own, or throw a denim jacket on top! Y’all know that’s how I will wear it.
8) sandals / I grabbed these sandals last time I was at Nordstrom. I tried them on in the store and immediately fell in love. They are gorgeous. However, after reading the online reviews, I’m now a little bit worried. It seems there are issues with the pearls falling off. But here’s the deal, I’m going to wear them anyway. Nordstrom’s return policy is amazing, and if they end up falling off on my sandals, I’ll just take them back. I’m reallllly hoping that I don’t have an issue though! I’ll be sure to keep y’all posted! They are true to size, comfy, and I love the look.
9) Hoka sneakers / I’ve been hearing all about Hoka sneakers all over IG for months and months now. I think I’m going to have to try them for myself after hearing all the fanfare. They come in some awesome color combos!
10) striped tee / I want to love this t-shirt, and I did love it, until I read the reviews. It looks pretty in the collage, but I’m afraid it’s too much of a risk to try. Reviewers report that it’s see through and it shrinks when laundered. Shoot! (I didn’t read the reviews until after I made the collage.)
11) strapless bra / Every year when warm weather styles start to roll out, I always talk about the must have strapless bra. It’s the best strapless bra IN THE WORLD. Seriously. It stays put, you won’t have to tug on it at all, it gives you a nice and rounded shape, and it’s comfy! In fact, it’s so comfy that you will most likely finding yourself wearing it even a strapless bra isn’t required. FOR REAL.
12) bracelets / I showed this bracelet a couple of months ago, but it sold out very quickly. There’s been a small restock, so you can grab it now! I actually recommend getting two to stack.
13) orange shorts / I think this orange is so bright and fun, and the shorts come in an awesome hot pink too! You can also get a light wash, a medium wash, a dark wash, white, cream, and black. I like to affectionately refer to these as “toddler shorts” because there’s an elastic waistband in the back. There is a functional button and zipper, but the elastic in the back makes the fit both forgiving and insanely comfortable. They are short, and they are quite distressed, but I still really like them. Click HERE to see them on me in the medium wash denim.
14) cuffed denim shorts / Stretchy, comfy, and incredibly flattering. These denim shorts are from Wit and Wisdom, so they have the AbSolution technology that we all know and love. They’ve got a 5″ inseam, so they are plenty long without being too long. A 5″ inseam really does seem to be the sweet spot for those that want a little length, but don’t want to wear Bermuda shorts. 😉 I like the level of distressing on these too.
That’s all for today, y’all! Short and sweet! Have a wonderful Monday.
Erika Slaughter says
I’m HERE for all the bright colors this season!
Shay Shull says
Happy Monday, friend! Here’s praying this is the week your FB is restored!
Every morning I walk several miles in my Hoka shoes. When I first started wearing them I was a little put off by the strange color combination and the look, but they are so comfortable. I tried All Birds, Brooks, and Karhu (most running stores have a 90 day guarantee where you can return them without question) before trying the Hokas; they are an investment. Without question for a serious walker, Hoka and Brooks are probably the best out there.
Such a great endorsement, Sandi! Thanks for taking the time to leave it!!! xoxo
Sara Schultz says
If you have any kind of foot issue, order these inserts from Amazon to put into your Hokas. Super supportive and comfy!
PowerStep Insoles, Original, Arch Pain Relief Insole, Designed For Tight Shoes, Arch Support Orthotic For Women and Men https://a.co/d/7qIMFEx
Thanks for the tip, Sara! xoxo
Can you recommend shorts that are a little longer for those of us who want less thigh showing ? And thank you for sharing your church’s Easter link- wonderful way to promote your shop and Jesus’ love.
Hi, Renee! How long do you want the inseam? 5″?