I am absolutely thrilled to be partnering with Mon Amie today, a new brand on the scene that gives back in a BIG way. “Mon Amie” is French for friend, which is totally fitting since they want to encourage friendships and promote philanthropic giving in a really fun and creative way (which we will get to in just a second)! The company just recently launched in October, and I’m so happy to help them get the word out about their products and their mission. They are going to do BIG things! And they have DARLING watches. #everybodywins
Stated simply, Mon Amie was created to enable people to give and empower others. The brand is rooted in 5 causes: food, education, opportunity, health, and water. All extremely important facets of life, and all areas that I’m quite sure most of us take for granted. The watches in Mon Amie’s debut collection do two things: 1) they help families in Kenya (learn about specifics in a minute), and 2) they empower the people wearing the watches by inspiring us regular folks to be a part of the change we want to see in the world!
Here are the watches in their first collection.
The specific causes are outlined below, and you can get a closer look at how each watch makes an impact.
- Health watch: Purchase gives prenatal care for one woman
- Education watch: Purchase gives school supplies for a classroom
- Food watch: Purchase gives school lunches for two months for one child
- Opportunity watch: Purchase gives financial literacy training for 10 women
- Water watch: Purchase gives clean water for a family for two weeks
The watch I chose has a blush pink band and a tiny little heart icon at the 12:00 index (or “mark”). A portion of each purchase of this particular watch provides pre-natal care for one woman in Kenya! And look how pretty the watch is! I love the clean white watch face, the size of the face, the lovely blush band, the gold trim, and the little crystals found at most of the indexes. It’s a really great watch, and a really great deal at $95.
I wore my new watch to the mall last week as I was picking up a blardigan for a friend that’s been going through a very difficult time. She received an unexpected diagnosis right around Thanksgiving, and she hasn’t left the hospital since. She’s a wife and a mama to 3, and she is going to be spending her Christmas in the hospital. She definitely deserves a little extra love and attention this holiday season, and I was excited to be able to let her know I was thinking about her and praying for her by giving her a blardigan and a note. (The blardigans didn’t make for pretty and colorful pictures, so my friend Cassie and I hopped over to the scarf section to grab some pretty pictures. We thought a scarf would be a great and relatively inexpensive item to gift somebody that’s in need of some love too!)
Get The Look For Yourself Here:
I love how the blush pink band complimented the colors in my sweater. And look at the buttons down the sides of the sweater! Such a nice detail!
The watches are beautiful (total bonus!), and they can be great reminders for all of us to DO GOOD all year long!
Each watch comes in a pretty little box with a pin for gifting.
I love it when gifts are presented beautifully, and the pin provides another great way to get the conversation started about spreading kindness and being a part of the change. “Wear the change you want to see in the world.” What a wonderful message. I’m going to give my pin to one of my friends who is in the process of adopting. She and the birth mother have become friends, and my friend has become an incredible support to the birth mama during the pregnancy. I also know that my friend is so very grateful that the birth mom is taking her prenatal care very seriously. Adoption is so hard, but it’s also so beautiful, and it’s wonderful to hear the stories of these two women that are coming together for this baby.
And how cool is this: every Mon Amie package comes with an 8-digit code allowing customers to track exactly where and how their purchase has made an impact in a WE Villages partner community. You can see exactly how your purchase helped somebody!
Purchasing a watch is of course an easy way to participate in giving, but there are so many other ways to facilitate the spirit of a giving! As a family, there are several ways we give back together every year (our favorite is definitely picking out gifts for a little one from the Angel tree every Christmas), but we also like to just be inspired throughout the year to help with causes that just come up and give back when opportunities present themselves.
I compiled a list of some ideas of how you can love on people a little extra during the holiday season and all year long. And remember, it doesn’t have to be a big and dramatic gesture to have a dramatic impact. If you have other ideas, I would love for you to leave them in the comments!
- If you know of somebody that has recently lost a loved one, do something to let them know that you are thinking of them and missed their loved one too. This might include a care package, or it might just simply be a handwritten note.
- Have y’all heard of Blessing Bags? The idea is that you fill a large Ziplock baggie with essentials that you can hand out to people in need. A toothbrush, toothpaste, baby wipes, lip balm, mints, foil tuna packs, protein bars, nuts, bottled water, a small devotional book, etc. You keep these bags in your car and they are ready to hand out to those in need.
- If you know somebody that is ill, give them a little bit of extra love. Leave them a new pair of pajamas, (my favorite thing to gift is still a blardigan because I think of it as giving a hug), and just a sweet note. If you have a group of friends, you can go in together and fill a basket.
- If you are visiting somebody in the hospital, bring treats for the staff that is caring for them.
- Give a generous tip when at a restaurant.
- Send dessert to another family at a restaurant.
- Send an e-mail to a co-worker that you appreciate. Or maybe even send an e-mail to your boss about the co-worker, and BCC the co-worker! Don’t we all love to feel appreciated?
- Donate your talents. Ex: If you are a photographer, donate a photo session to a family who might not be able to afford family photos. If you are a great cook, take a family a meal.
- Offer to keep a friend’s kids while they go on a date night!
Also, make sure to get your kids involved! It’s so important to instill the spirit of giving at an early age. Give them the opportunity to be excited about the blessings you are handing out as well, and by doing so, you will hopefully be raising life long givers!!!
And always remember, opportunities for kindness are all around us, we just have to be aware and willing to jump in! Any act of kindness, no matter how big or small it might be, can make a valuable difference in someone else’s life.
For example, this is a small gesture, but when heading home from the mall, I swung through Starbucks to pick up some gift cards for our regular UPS guy and his holiday assistant! Heaven knows he delivers a lot of packages to my house throughout the year, and I want him to know that I appreciate him!
Thank you to Mon Amie for championing the idea of giving back, for inspiring me to pass along some extra love and kindness, and for sponsoring this post.
And great news, ladies! When I told Mon Amie about my post, I asked if they would want to give a couple of watches away, and they agreed!
So, here’s what I’m thinking. In the spirit of giving, instead of entering this contest for yourself, I would like you to enter this contest for somebody that you think needs a little extra love this holiday season. Is a friend going through a divorce? Did somebody you know recently lose a loved one? You don’t need to share specifics, but to enter, please just leave a comment stating who you would gift the watch to if you won it (and make sure to leave YOUR e-mail address). The winners will be chosen by a random number generator, and I will announce the winners on Friday’s blog post!
And again, here are the watches to choose from. Just click on the one(s) you are interested in!
Have a wonderful Tuesday everybody! See you back here tomorrow for What’s Up Wednesday!