We spent the long weekend at the ranch with friends and family and had the best time. I’m always just so incredibly thankful for time at the ranch with my people.
We played cornhole like it was our job, and these two were VERY serious about it. Especially the little guy on the left. He’s HARD CORE.
We spent two afternoons on our friend Jason’s family lake. It was a blast.
MY LAST 5 AMAZON PURCHASES
Okay, so I started making the collage, and it couldn’t get it to look balanced with 5 items…..so you are actually getting to see my last 6 Amazon purchases. Haha! 🙂 #bonus
puff sleeve dress / I’ve shown this exact dress in black and in a spotted pattern, and I LOVE IT. I love it so much, I wanted to order this beautiful lilac to show for summer. It arrives this weekend! It’s soooo soft and sooooooooo flattering. It’s a great dress.
Deep Roots family devotional / Y’all. I am SO EXCITED about this devotional book. My ig friend Laura Godfrey (influencer, wife, and mama of 4 precious girls) is one of my favorite follows, and she has recently written a family devotional! I pre-ordered it, and I cannot wait to receive it and dive right in. It includes 52 family devotionals written by Laura (of course), and there are also tear out scripture cards. I’m looking so forward to incorporating this book into our prayer time.
GIMME Beauty Detangling brush / I left my very favorite brush EVER at the ranch last weekend, so I reordered it immediately upon realizing it. The brush has completely spoiled me, and since we aren’t planning on going back to the ranch for 3 weeks, I knew I had to just grab a 2nd one. The other one can just stay at the ranch, and I’ll keep the new one here.
Tom and Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle / I grabbed this cute eyelet sleeve shift dress from Walmart (haven’t shown it on the blog quite yet), but when I got it out of the box it was SUPER wrinkly. I hung it up, sprayed it with Tom and Sheri’s Iron in a Bottle, pulled on it a little bit, and then let it dry. THAT’S IT. And Voila! NO MORE WRINKLES!
I’ve been using this spray for years, and I’m thrilled that you can now grab it on Amazon! I swear by this magical solution and try to make sure I never run out. I always get asked how it smells, and while it does have a light and pleasant scent when you initially spray it on, I never smell it on my clothes after they dry.
eltaMD tinted moisturizer and sunscreen / I have about a week or 2 left of my first bottle, but I will never go without this stuff again, so I’ve already ordered my new product! It was recommended by my dermatologist, and it gives great sun protection with just the tiniest hint of color. I MUST protect the progress that I’ve made with the IPL laser.
raffia sandals / I’ve been showing my white sandals with tons of outfits over the last several months, so I decided to order the raffia version too! They arrive tomorrow!
ANOTHER MOMENT WITH MADEWELL
Last Friday I had a MOMENT WITH MADEWELL, and we are going to have another one today.
I have the same outfits that I highlighted on that post, but I’m showing the outfits in mirror selfies today!
This gauzy little A-line dress is the newest Madewell dress in my collection. And I have no doubt I’ll be wearing it years from now, just like the other ones. This is the “dark baltic”, and although it looks black in the pictures online, I feel like it’s a deep navy in person. I do feel like it runs big, so keep that in mind if ordering it. I’m wearing a small, and it’s still a very relaxed fit. I would think most people need to size down.
Remember you can use the code STMTSUMMER20 for 20% OFF the necklaces!
This linen blend maxi skirt is a real showstopper!
The skirt is a pull on with an elasticized waistband in the back, so you don’t have to mess with any silly zippers. And I’m sorry, but this graphic floral pattern is to die for. The color is gorgeous. It’s not too sunshiny, it’s not too mustardy, it’s just a beautiful and perfect yellow.
The skirt has a real retro vibe to it. I love it so much.
And again, you can use the code STMTSUMMER20 for 20% OFF the True Colors necklace.
This button shoulder top and these drawstring shorts are made of a textural and soft seersucker fabric that is incredibly soft and comfy. I know traditional seersucker can be a bit stiff, but not this seersucker. In fact, even though they call it seersucker, I’m not sure I would. I think of it as more of a textural ribbed fabric.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the top and a small in the shorts.
I’m completely smitten with this embroidered blouse. For size reference, I’m in the small, and there’s still plenty of room. It says a small is a 2-4, but I’m not typically a 2-4 in tops, so I definitely think you should size down in this top.
The back is adorable too! It has buttons all the way down the back and a little tie at the top. The square neck is great, it has a relaxed fit, it drapes beautifully, and the embroidery work is gorgeous.
BRAND HIGHLIGHT: VUORI
Did you see the brand spotlight I did with Vuori on Tuesday? If you missed it, you really need to go check it out.
Today I’m going to review the pieces I showed you, but with mirror selfies.
The Halo Performance Joggers are truly superior to all other leggings I’ve ever tried, and I don’t even know how my words can do these joggers justice. The fit and the feel are both FANTASIC. They are incredibly soft to the touch, which makes them so cozy to wear. They are lightweight, but they aren’t too thin. And the fabric has the perfect amount of stretch built in. You can wear them to work out, for a walk around the neighborhood, or to do errands around town. For size reference, I’m wearing a small in the joggers.
Performance meets style, y’all.
And great news, the joggers come in so many different amazing colors, so there is truly something for everybody. I’m really drawn to the classic black because of their obvious versatility, but I also love the pale heather camo, the navy heather, the dogwood heather, the grapefruit heather, and their newest color…the cactus heather.
The Halo Performance Hoodie is the exact same fabric as the Performance Jogger. Again, so soft, so comfy, and the perfect lightweight fabric with some give. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the hoodie and the tee.
The Feather tee is my idea of a perfect athletic tee. It’s a lightweight organic cotton with a relaxed (but not boxy) fit. It’s great layered, and great worn on its own too. This is the same tee I’m wearing with the joggers above as well. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the tee.
The Halo Vintage Short is one of their newest styles. They are made to move with you and are sustainably crafted in their DreamKnit™ performance stretch jersey. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the shorts. The comfort level is insane. You can hardly even tell that you are wearing them.
The Cove tee is a stretched rib knit with a slouchy and somewhat boxy fit. But I tell ya, if I’m wearing bike shorts, I want my top to be slouchy and boxy! It’s not cropped at all on me, but I have a basically nonexistent torso. All of you lucky long torsoed ladies might find this top to be a little short. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
FATHER’S DAY IDEAS
I’m reposting this again because I had a dedicated post that went live last Thursday, but it went live later in the day, and I’m not sure how many people saw it. There are some really great Father’s Day Ideas here, and I know buying things for the dads in our lives is often a struggle, so I wanted to make sure everybody had a chance to see it! Kohl’s really is a 1-stop shop for so many things, and it’s definitely going to make your Father’s Day shopping the easiest it has ever been.
1) portable waterproof speaker / 2) Beats noise cancelling head phones / 3) Ray-ban sunglasses / 4) Reef bottle opener sandals / 5) margarita maker / 6) Under Armour tech polo / 7) fishing shirt / 8) Under Armour tee / 9) ladder ball game / 10) swim trunks / 11) Dry Tek shorts / 12) Under Armour shorts / 13) LED grill light / 14) anti gravity patio chair /15) BBQ tool set / 16) digital thermometer / 17) flat top grill
1) portable waterproof speaker / We don’t have this exact speaker, but we love the portable speaker we do have, and this one looks like a great one. It has excellent reviews, and it’s a really great price. Reviewers state that this speaker is powerful, has great sound, and holds it’s charge well. I think a portable speaker is one of the best presents you can give to a guy. We use ours by the pool, at neighborhood parties, in the garage, and at the ranch. Click HERE to see all of the JBL products offered at Kohl’s.
2) Beats noise cancelling head phones / Another excellent Father’s Day gift idea, y’all! I mean what dad wouldn’t want a pair of Beats head phones? Designed for all day comfort and stability, they block external sound, they are sweat and water resistant, and they hold a charge up to 6 hours.
3) Ray-ban sunglasses / Ray-ban sunglasses are always a good idea.
4) Reef bottle opener sandals / Okay, so I got these Reef sandals for Chris several years ago for Father’s Day, and now I recommend them every year. They are awesome. Not only are they good looking sandals, BUT THEY HAVE A BOTTLE OPENER ON THE BOTTOM. I mean, that’s a fun gift. Maybe give your guy these sandals and 6-pack of his favorite adult beverage! 😉
5) margarita maker / This would be a gift that I could give to Chris, but it would really be a gift for me. Not that I would ever do something like that. #exceptthatitotallywould
6) Under Armour tech polo / Chris has at least 5 of these, but he could always use more.
7) fishing shirt / Chris probably has 10 of these fishing shirts. And no, I’m not kidding.
8) Under Armour tee / I can’t even count how many of these tees he owns.
9) ladder ball game / I’m thinking about grabbing this for Chris. It will be perfect to keep at the ranch for family fun!
10) swim trunks / I always get swim trunks for Carter for his Easter basket, and I always grab Chris a new set of swim trunks for Father’s Day. I feel like he always needs a new pair, so why not pad his Father’s Day gift with a little something extra (that he needs anyway).
11) Dry Tek shorts / Chris likes a 9″ short, and these are only $15 a piece!
12) Under Armour shorts / If your hubby is a golfer, these are the moisture wicking shorts he needs. Chris doesn’t golf but he still owns and loves these shorts.
13) LED grill light / Chris spends a lot of time grilling both at home and at the ranch, and when grilling at night he often has Carter hold a flashlight for him. He needs this grill light!
14) anti gravity patio chair / Chris already owns a couple of these chairs that he keeps at the ranch house. They are perfect for front porch sitting and are incredibly comfortable. They are sturdy, strong, and fold up and down very easily.
15) BBQ tool set / I feel like a BBQ tool set is a gift that all father’s need to receive at one time or another. Maybe this is this year for your hubby or dad. Haha!
16) digital thermometer / Every dad needs a digital thermometer. The end.
17) flat top grill / If you’re looking to really spoil your dad or hubby this year, what about a flat top grill! We have one of these at the ranch, and it’s AWESOME. The regular grate can be used for burgers, steaks, chicken, and all of the normal grill items. And then you can use the flat top for fajitas, breakfasts, hibachi, and I’m sure tons of other foods I can’t think of right now. We love loading up the flat top with bacon, hashbrowns, sausage, and eggs for big country breakfasts when we are feeding a crowd at the ranch!
A FAVORITE SUMMER DIP
This is one of the easiest dips you’ll ever make. I’ve shared it before, but now that it’s summer, it deserves another mention. It’s delicious AND it’s beautiful, so I love taking it to gatherings because it’s a real crowd pleaser.
This isn’t even really a recipe as much as it is instructions for how to assemble it.
DIRECTIONS: Buy a container of your favorite hummus and spread it out on the bottom of your dish. Top with any chopped veggies you like. This time I used cherry tomatoes, green onions, and kalamata olives. I’ve also used red peppers, avocado, and cucumbers. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Sprinkle with Everything But The Bagel seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze a little fresh lemon juice on top.
MY GOSH IT’S GOOD.
I like serving it in a pie plate because I like how it encourages the perfect ratio of hummus on the bottom to fresh veggies on top. Don’t use too deep of a dish, or you’ll end up with more hummus than you probably want in each bite.
Every month as I’m compiling and writing my monthly Amazon hauls, there are usually a couple of outfits that get left off purely because I run out of steam when writing the posts. Today I’m going to share some of those outfits that got cut purely because of time.
You saw these stretch denim shorts a ton in May’s Amazon haul, and y’all are LOVING them. So stretchy, so comfy, and such a perfect pair of shorts for casual summer days. But you didn’t see them with this crewneck tee before. Sadly, it’s sold out now, but the v-neck tee is still available, which is what I get more requests for anyway!
I love the black tee with the white shorts and white sandals!
I didn’t make a big deal about the above raffia hoop earrings in May’s post because they were sold out by the time the post went live, BUT NOW THEY’RE BACK! So, NOW I’M GOING TO MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE FABULOUS. You get both pairs (the neutral and the multicolor) for UNDER $13.
These 5″ shorts have Ab-Solution technology and a great amount of stretch with an awesome fit.
- Mid rise 5″ Short
- Inseam: 7″ Cuffed to 5″
- 54% Cotton, 25% Rayon, 19% Polyester, 2% Spandex
You’ll see on the model online that these shorts are cuffed twice, but I prefer this pair cuffed once, although the versatility is nice. They are so soft, so comfy, very stretchy, and did I mention comfy? For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4.
This lace sleeve tee is a waffle knit material, and the sleeves are lace. I like that it’s more than just a regular ol’ tee. This color is better suited for fall (it’s a really deep red), but it does come in several summer color options. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This swiss dot dress comes in tons of colors, but I loved the idea of the classic black. I do think the light pink and the light blue would be so pretty for summer. It is lined, which is so nice. I’m wearing the small here, but it’s too tight in the chest, so I definitely need the medium. The wedges I’m wearing with it are too brown and too chunky, it definitely needs a more neutral shoe.
Here’s the same dress in red (in a medium).
COLLEEN STAFF FAVORITE PICKS
This weekend Collen has awesome specials on just a handful of staff favorites.
One of the awesome deals is for THE RADIANG CLEANSING BALM! And you know the Radiant Cleansing Balm is THE product from Colleen Rothschild that I cannot live without. I’ve been screaming and shouting about it for about for around 8 years now. The balm is what I refer to as the gateway product for the Colleen Rothschild brand. If you try it, you’ll fall in love with it, and you will be compelled to try out more products. It’s what happened to me.
The Cleansing Balm totally changes the taking off your makeup game, and I’m telling you, you won’t even dread washing your face at night. I KNOW. That’s a big claim, but I stand behind it. Under the jar of the balm, you see a muslin cleansing cloth that comes with it. Made with 100% cotton, the Colleen Rothschild Muslin Cleansing Cloths provide a gentle way to exfoliate and enhance the overall cleansing experience. I just pop my cloth in the wash every several days.
This balm truly has a cult following. This regular size tub will last most people around 6 months, so it’s truly an incredible value, especially at this price.
For those of you that haven’t tried it yet, it’s different than any other cleanser I’ve ever used. First of all, I apply it to a dry face. I scoop out a small amount of the balm with dry hands and slather it on to my dry face. As I rub it on my face, the heat from my hands changes the balm into more of an oily texture and it just feels incredibly luxurious. It melts my makeup away (even the most stubborn eye makeup), leaves my skin feeling so soft and so hydrated, and the light citrus smell is PERFECT.
And here’s the kicker, it’s so gentle that you can even open your eyes as you are using it!
Another staff favorite that is also one of my personal favorites is the Protect and Perfect Styling Cream. It’s ON SALE for ONLY $22 right now and will last you months and months. It’s 100% worth it.
Whenever my hair is just damp, I apply it before I start drying it. My hair isn’t super damaged, but after adding all of the CR hair products to my regimen (except for the shampoo), I will say I have even more shine and more bounce. Also (and very importantly), it smells AMAZING.
WEEK IN REVIEW
AS ALWAYS, I LIKE TO DO A QUICK REVIEW OF THE WEEK ON FRIDAYS, JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED ANYTHING FROM EARLIER IN THE WEEK AND ARE INTERESTED IN CLICKING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST.
Monday’s post was all about some FABULOUS SUMMER ACCESSORIES! I teamed up with Accessory Concierge and have a pair of earrings, several necklaces, and a bracelet that are seriously PERFECT for summer! Head to the post to see the pieces styled in tons of looks.
Click HERE for the STMT Summer Collection.
AND GREAT NEWS! You can use the code STMTSUMMER20 for 20% OFF the entire collection.
1) Colleen Rothschild Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask / 2) True Colors bracelet / 3) yellow floral maxi skirt / 4) Tropic Like It’s Hot tote / 5) H-band slide sandals / 6) faux diamond ring / 7) flutter sleeve dress / 8) Supergoop! Glow Oil / 9) frayed hem denim shorts / 10) Flower Beauty bronzer / 11) Here Comes The Sun tee / 12) Kendra Scott white hoop earrings
That’s all for today, y’all! Have a wonderful weekend with your people!