Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from May.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). And what’s extra great about this favorites list is that all but one of the items are UNDER $100, the majority are under $80, several are under $50, and there are even a couple under $30! The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Amazon, Colleen Rothschild, and Accessory Concierge.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) Colleen Rothschild Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask / 2) True Colors bracelet / 3) yellow floral maxi skirt / 4) Tropic Like It’s Hot tote / 5) H-band slide sandals / 6) faux diamond ring / 7) flutter sleeve dress / 8) Supergoop! Glow Oil / 9) frayed hem denim shorts / 10) Flower Beauty bronzer / 11) Here Comes The Sun tee / 12) Kendra Scott white hoop earrings
1) Colleen Rothschild Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask / The Quench and Shine Restorative Hair Mask is BACK, baby! I’m soooooooooooo excited. It’s been sold out for a sweet forever (I think it’s been almost a year), BUT IT’S BACK! And you guys responded by adding it to cart IMMEDIATELY. I don’t blame you one bit. I love this stuff, and my hair missed it.
You will notice a major difference in your hair after the very first use, and after repeated use (I use it 2x-3x a week) you will NEVER want to go without it. I’m telling you, your hair will be so soft…so shiny…and it will look so healthy. It’s a truly amazing product. I would give it 100 stars if I could. I know those of you that have been missing it as much as I have are already hitting ADD TO CART.
Use the code STMT20 to save 20% off the mask and anything else you want to throw in your cart from Colleen Rothschild!
2) True Colors bracelet / I highlighted the bracelet in the collage, but it’s really the entire STMT Summer Collection at Accessory Concierge that made the Top 12! Click HERE to see the post I dedicated to the collection, and make sure you use the code STMTSUMMER20 for 20% OFF all of the pieces in the collection.
Here are some shots of the necklaces and the bracelets that I’ve collected over the last several weeks. The pieces are SO MUCH FUN and SO EASY to style!
And look at the scallop detail! Love!
Here I’ve layered two of the Chasing Rainbow necklaces with the True Colors necklace. #pilethemup
This flutter sleeve dress is adorable, flirty, and feminine. AND IT HAS POCKETS. #enoughsaid It’s like a gauzy material, so it’s lightweight and quite comfortable. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium here (because they didn’t have a small in this color in store). I prefer the fit of the small on me.
And although the pieces look great with all sorts of patterns and colors, they look most amazing on white! The colors really pop!!
Click HERE to see the collection styled in lots more outfits.
3) yellow floral maxi skirt / I didn’t use to be a maxi skirt person. Until I met this maxi skirt. And now I can safely and proudly say I AM A MAXI GIRL.
The skirt is a pull on with an elasticized waistband in the back, so you don’t have to mess with any silly zippers.
And I’m sorry, but this graphic floral pattern is to die for.
And the yellow is gorgeous. It’s not too sunshiny, it’s not too mustardy, it’s just a beautiful and perfect yellow.
The skirt has a real retro vibe to it. I love it so much.
4) Tropic Like It’s Hot tote / The tote is FABULOUS. I mean, tell me “Tropic Like It’s Hot” didn’t make you smile. And then tell me you didn’t sing it in your head. I mean, I know I did. #snoopdog4evah It’s a great size, it’s big enough to hold tons of items, but it’s not too big that if you stuff it full that it will be too heavy to carry. Check out other bags from the same maker HERE. There are tons of cute options!
5) H-band slide sandals / I had been wanting to try a white sandal, but I didn’t want to spend a lot of money on them. These were the perfect option for me! They’ve got a bit of cushion on them, and I walked all day in them with no problem. They come in several colors. For size reference, I sized up a 1/2.
I styled these slide sandals in TONS of outfits this month. Here are just a few….
I’m obsessed with this peplum tee. I have it in blue (for Carter’s school colors), red (to wear on patriotic holidays), white (because DUH), and blush (b/c I can rarely say no to blush). For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. And let’s talk about these stretch denim shorts. There are tons of shorts on this one link, and these are the A1 Cape Blue (you choose this option from a drop down box). First and foremost, they are SUPER stretchy. Like reallllllllllly stretchy, so they are super comfy. You can see there is definitely some distressing, and I like the interest it gives. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. The striped tote makes the outfit even cuter and it’s perfect for the pool and/or beach.
Here are the stretch denim shorts again, but this time they are styled with a classic white tee.
This v-neck comes in several colors, a couple of stripes, and there are even a couple of 2 pack options. It’s an awesome tee. I actually like it better than the Madewell tees I’ve worn for years because it has a bit more weight to it. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I’ve got a great puff sleeve tee for you. My name is Sheaffer, and I love a puff sleeve.
This lilac and white floral is summer perfection, but it comes in other colors as well. It’s soft, comfy, and stretchy. It’s lightweight and feels great on.
- 56% Cotton, 38% Modal, 6% Elastane
6) faux diamond ring / I talked about this on ig stories earlier this month, but I wanted to show these bad boys on the blog too! Now that summer is here, I’ve received a handful of requests lately for travel rings now that everybody is traveling again! I thought it was a fun request, so I ordered several from Amazon and found these two that look perfect together.
Here’s a side view of the above ring. Notice the hidden halo.
SERIOUSLY GORGEOUS. So sparkly!
7) flutter sleeve dress / This DARLING ruffle sleeve dress is one of my favorite new finds from May. It’s lightweight, soft, feminine, and flirty. Notice the double ruffle sleeve, the deep v neck, and the way it lays so nicely. You’ll see that not all of the reviews are raving like mine, but I really do love this dress. I do agree with some reviewers that it would be best suited for those that aren’t super busty, but it’s actually okay on me. I did size up to a large in order for it not to be too tight in the bust. I would prefer a medium everywhere else, but I still think that the fit is flattering. The dress is lined, which is awesome. It comes in 12 colors (this is the A-floral Red), but I love the green, the mustard, the black, and the blush!
8) Supergoop! Glow Oil / The Supergoop Glow Oil was a product recommended to me by my sister. Even though I use and love several Supergoop products, I wasn’t familiar with the Glow Oil, so I was excited to try it.
I thought it was an oil to use on your skin just to make it look healthy and hydrated. But when using it for the first time, I saw that it said SPF 50 on the bottle, so I realized it was an actual sunscreen as well! It makes my skin so glowy, it looks so healthy, and it provides sun protection! And somehow, even though it’s an oil, I don’t feel greasy after applying it. It has a light melon scent that I love, but I really just love the way it makes my skin look.
A faded medium wash and raw hems add a casual look to these shorts that flatter with ‘Ab’solution powermesh panels to shape and lift in all the right places.
- 5″ inseam; 22 1/2″ leg opening; 10″ front rise; 14 1/2″ back rise
- Zip fly with button closure
- 63% cotton, 36% polyester, 1% spandex
They are stretchy, comfy, and have the Ab-Solution technology that we all know and love. I originally ordered these in my regular size 4, but I felt like they were too tight. I sized up to a 6 and like the fit much better.
Here are a couple of outfits with the shorts…
This embroidered top is adorable with the shorts and will be perfect for July 4th weekend.
The red is a perfect shade of red, the embroidery work is gorgeous, and the split neck sleeves are so flattering. This top has no give, so keep that in mind when choosing your size. I’m wearing a medium, and I still think it’s a little tighter than I would like right through the chest.
Use the code STMT10 for 10% OFF the top!
And listen, I’ll obviously be wearing this top all the time, but you can bet your fireworks I’ll have it on come July 4th.
This ruffle sleeve tee is my perfect idea of an elevated tee. I love the color, and I love the pleated and ruffle sleeve. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
10) Flower Beauty bronzer / A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had just learned that Drew Barrymore has a makeup line that is carried by Amazon. It’s called Flower Beauty, and it’s SUPER reasonably priced and has great reviews. I asked for those that had tried her products to sound off in the comments, and several people left awesome feedback about the line that encouraged me to order some products!
I tried the Flower Beauty line. Just the lipstick but I loved it. I forgot about this line and need to try other things. – Jeanine
I have just recently started trying some Flower Beauty products and have been impressed with every single one so far. My favorite so far is the Heatwave Luminous Bronzer in Sunrise! I have light to medium skin tone and this is a cooler toned bronzer, not orangey or super warm, and it gives the most beautiful color, like that lightly sunburned/sunkissed browny pink color that you get during vacation…LOL I don’t know how to describe it any differently! It is slightly luminous but NOT glittery. – Jackie
My favorite brow pencil is Flower Beauty’s Draw The Line. Fills in & doesn’t run! – Vanessa
Hi Sheaffer! I have used and LOVED the following Flower Beauty products: Shimmer & Strobe highlighter palette, Forever Wear Long Wear eyeliner pencil (Color: Forever Brownstone) (it really does last all day!), and the Light Illusion Full Coverage concealer (Shade: Light). I definitely recommend all of those! – Laura
I’ve used Flower Beauty for a few years now. The spiced petal lipstick is a perfect dupe for Pillow Talk and the light illusion perfecting powder is great! – Becky
So based on the above recommendations, and after taking a look at all available Flower Beauty products, I ordered 5 different Flower Beauty items. I didn’t love the eyeliner, and one of the lipsticks I got was way too pink, but I LOVE the other 3 products I ordered (seen below). I also included some of my other current Amazon beauty products.
lipstick ( berry more )/ berry mauve lip gloss (linger)/ eltaMD tinted sunscreen / Flower Beauty luminous bronzer (sunrise) / Flower Beauty Day Glow highlighting glaze (stunner) / NYX brow gel / Flower Beauty eyebrow pencil
I had full makeup on this day, but as always, I started with my eltaMD tinted sunscreen. Ever since getting the IPL, I apply it ever single morning. There are many days that it might be all I wear. It’s approved by my dermatologist, and I will never go without it.
I’m also wearing this luminous bronzer in sunrise, WHICH MADE THE TOP 12 LIST! The reader above was right. It’s a nice cool pinky brown color. It’s so good and gives such a pretty sun kissed glow. I then used the Day Glow highlighting glaze on my cheeks and love the illuminating effect it gives.
The Flower Beauty eyebrow pencil is awesome, but I have one complaint. It’s the pencil on one end, and the spoolie brush on the other end, but it’s important you don’t get the caps messed up and try to put the spoolie cap on the pencil end….because it’s shorter and will crush the pencil. I’m speaking from experience.
11) Here Comes The Sun tee / The Here Comes The Sun tee is soooooooo soft and comes in 12 colors. It’s not just this graphic tee that made the Top 12, it’s just that the graphic tees post was super popular.
And I’m telling you, these Democracy 5″ denim shorts are fabulous. Stretchy, comfy, and a little bit longer than I’m used to (which I’ve been looking for!)…but still flattering and not overwhelmingly long. The H band slide sandals are awesome and true to size.
12) Kendra Scott white hoop earrings / I’ve been wearing these earrings all month long. I love how the white and gold really stand out with my hair as the background. Here are a handful of times I’ve styled them…
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at May’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!