Today’s post is one of my favorite posts each and every month. Today I’m going to share your Top 12 picks from December.
Not surprisingly, many of y’alls Top 12 picks are in my top picks for the month as well. All 12 items I’m featuring today are items that I added to my own closet or makeup drawer, and because of that, they are items that you will continue to see on the blog (as long as they are in stock). The picks that made this month’s top list are from Nordstrom, Walmart, Vuori, Accessory Concierge, and HSN.
So, what were our favorites for the month? Let’s look and see…
1) plaid coat / 2) performance joggers / 3) scarves / 4) Elemis set / 5) colorful cardigan / 6) Dyson cordless vacuum / 7) pajamas / 8) Mother jeans at Nordstrom (same jeans at Amazon HERE) / 9) booties / 10) leopard slippers / 11) makeup palette / 12) zip up hoodie
1) plaid coat / THIS COAT IS DARLING. And not just kind of darling. SERIOUSLY DARLING. I wore it to church on Christmas Eve and felt so festive!
The coat is fully lined and beautifully made. The plaid is just so good, and the cranberry color paired with the dark black and heathered black makes me absolutely swoon. I love the cut, I love the fit, and I LOVE THE VIBE.
Because truly, this coat is a vibe.
For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. The small felt tight across my back and my shoulders, so I went with the medium. Otherwise, a small would have been good everywhere else.
My black sweater is ON SALE and is quite literally the perfect basic black sweater. It’s perfect on its own and the perfect layering sweater as well. Have I mentioned it’s perfect? Because it is.
I think it looks great with jeans and booties…and I’ll even casual it up with jeans and sneakers.
But you know, it’s also dressy enough to wear with church clothes or even a little black dress.
I’m going to say it again. This coat is so good.
2) performance joggers / These joggers were in y’alls Top 12 for the month, and they were in my personal Top 10 for the entire year! You can find them at Vuori (linked to Vuori below) and you can also find them in certain colors at Nordstrom HERE. Yes, they are expensive. But I’m here to tell you they are 1000% worth it.
I love all of the Vuori pieces I have tried, but the joggers are really the star of the show for most. I would imagine that they are probably Vuori’s star product as well. What makes me think this? WELL, there are over 20,000 reviews for these babies. And the overwhelming majority are 5 stars.
The Performance Joggers have a slim but relaxed fit with a slightly cropped leg, side pockets, and drawstring. They are designed with Vuori’s softest premium stretch fabric, and trust me when I say that they’re going to be your new go-to.
I had heard that the Performance Jogger was famous for being the gateway product to the brand, and I definitely found that to be true. Once you purchase the joggers and start wearing them, you will have an undeniable need to try more pieces from the brand. I can vouch for that because they definitely made me a believer.
I wear a small in the joggers.
They are actually awesome for just lounging around your house, but they are definitely my grocery store uniform as well.
And if you’re going on a road trip, YOU NEED THESE JOGGERS.
Actually, if you are going on any kind of trip, you need them. They’re so cute paired with a denim jacket as well.
Here are the black ones…THESE BABIES ARE LEGIT.
Here’s one more jogger outfit for you.
3) scarves / Once again, my teacher gifts post was one of the most popular posts of the year. Just look at all of these beautiful scarves. Lots of them are sold out and they are no longer on special, but some of them are still available.
4) Elemis set / This set includes the Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Pads that I already use AND LOVE, and it also includes the Resurfacing Facial Wash!
Several influencers I follow (and trust) have been recommending these Resurfacing Pads for years. I was always interested when they would sing their praises, but I had some similar pads from a different product line that I loved that kept me from trying the Elemis pads. Well, when the Elemis pads went on sale back in March, I finally tried them and instantly fell in love. Now I use my other pads several nights a week and still use and love them, but I have started using the Elemis pads each morning. They wake up my face, they get off every little bit of skincare from the night before and any oils that might have accumulated overnight, and they just leave me feeling incredibly refreshed. After using them I moisturize, apply sunscreen, and then apply makeup as normal.
So here’s how it happened…
When I’m searching for items to order for future posts, sometimes I just randomly scroll sites, but sometimes I search for specific items (ex. long sleeve cream sweater). Other times I write my favorite brand names in the search box. So, one day when typing in brand names, I typed in “Treasure and Bond”. I was scrolling through all the items available when this sweater instantly caught my eye. I clicked on it, and I saw that it was actually from the little girl’s department. I was so disappointed! But then, I saw it was available in size 14/16, and I thought it was worth a try. And I have to say, I might could even size down! It’s a super relaxed fit, which I like, but if you prefer a less oversized you could just size down.
The open front styling and the multicolor design just spoke to me.
So who is with me? Who is willing to take a gamble on grabbing something from the kid’s department? Haha! (fyi: It’s not really a risk, because as you know, Nordstrom has FREE shipping and FREE returns!)
6) Dyson cordless vacuum / I think I’ve been talking about this vacuum for a couple of years now, and I will continue to talk about it every single time I see it on sale. If you don’t have a cordless vacuum, PLEASE TREAT YOURSELF TO ONE, especially because THIS ONE IS CURRENTLY ON SALE. It’s so freeing to vacuum your house without being shackled to a cord. (Yes, I’m fully aware I sound super dramatic right now, BUT I’M TELLING YOU. You will seriously improve your quality of life.) I’m not sure why it has bad reviews on HSN right now, because we’ve never had any issues with ours. I’ve linked it on HSN, I’ve linked it on QVC, and I even think I’ve linked it on Amazon before. But the HSN price is the best out there right now.
7) pajamas / Let’s talk about my pajamas. They deserve some serious love and attention. The pjs might look like your standard issue flannel pajamas, but they’re not. They’re SO MUCH BETTER than that. They are ofter than soft, they’re stretchy, and they are a velour knit. Velour knit is a fabric that apparently I’ll wear every day of the week. #justsaynotoflannel
I love them so much, this is actually my 2nd pair. I showed you my other pair last month, and I’ve worn them countless times (and washed them several times) since sharing them with y’all. Great news, they launder perfectly. For size reference, I’m wearing a small
I’m basically begging you to treat yourself to a new pair of pajamas. I promise you won’t regret it. #imnotabovebegging #pleasetrustme #theywillmakeyousohappy #thisismetellingyouto
Here’s the other pair I own…
The jeans have caused quite a bit of fanfare over the last month or so. They are the most expensive jeans I’ve ever owned, and I’m IN LOVE. I’ve heard tons of influencers sing the praises of Mother Jeans for a while now, and I finally took the plunge. It helped that I had credit on Amazon, and that’s where I found them! They’ve got stretch in them, but they still have structure. They hold their shape, and they make me feel great. For size reference, I’m wearing the 27.
This classic cardigan is an awesome Amazon find! I can of course wear it open over a tee like a cardigan is most often worn, but I think it looks great all buttoned up like this! It’s simple, but also classic, and at the same time a little bit sassy?!? I’m not sure if that makes sense or not, but I really love it. It’s very soft, it has excellent reviews, and it comes in 5 other colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
9) booties / These booties I’ve been wearing all fall long are now SALE ON SALE! All of my booties from last year are suede, so I was excited to add a leather pair to my closet. (It’s always great to have a leather option for rainy days, plus I just love how the leather looks so polished.) They come in bone and black as well, but I knew I would get the most wear (and bang for my buck) out of this beautiful cognac color. I’ve found that cognac looks great with regular denim (all color washes), with black denim, with white denim, and with gray denim. #cognacforthewin These have a 3-inch block heel, a pointy toe, and a bit of a western vibe. For size reference, I sized up a 1/2 in these.
10) leopard slippers / If you don’t own a great pair of slippers that you love putting on at the end of the day, FIX THAT RIGHT NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALE. If you aren’t a fan of leopard, there are solid color choices HERE.
I own several pairs of slippers, and I think that pretty much all slippers are good, but these slippers are exceptional. They hug my feet, they keep them quite warm, AND THEY’RE DARLING. They only come in whole sizes, and I definitely recommend sizing up if you’re a half size.
11) makeup palette / For the life of me, I cannot find my pictures of the palette I featured this month. (We are at the ranch right now, and I didn’t bring it so I can’t take new pics.) I’m legit still using my first Ambient Light palette that I highlighted back in the summer and still have months and months to go with it before I switch to the new one (which won’t be new anymore by the time I start using it). Click HERE for the one that is currently available.
12) zip up hoodie / This is my favorite new jacket. I mean, I don’t really know that this should be considered a jacket because it’s super lightweight, but I do know that I LOVE IT.
Like I really reallllllllly love it.
This vibrant “cherry crush” color is so great, but it also comes in “oat milk” which is a perfect neutral. To be honest, I love it so much I’m seriously considering grabbing it in the oat milk too. I’ve already worn the cherry crush 3 times, so I know I would get my money’s worth out of it.
First of all, the jacket is so flattering. And I’m sorry, but if something is truly flattering, I’m pretty much always going to want it in at least 2 colors. Haha! 😉
A soft cotton-rich knit keeps you comfy on slightly chilly days in a relaxed zip-up jacket with an exaggerated spread collar.
It’s 96% cotton, 3% spandex, and 1% polyester which means it’s super comfy, lightweight, and has a bit of stretch.
I’m telling you, you need to grab this for yourself. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
A PERSONAL FAVORITE
And although this didn’t make y’alls Top 12 list, this Utility Sherpa Jacket was in my Top 3 for the month. I wear it with joggers too, but I like it better with the leggings than I do with the joggers because I like pairing the oversized jacket with the slim leggings.
It’s warm, it’s cozy, and it’s cute. It’s not too long, but I really love that it is long enough to cover my backside. It’s my favorite jacket to wear when we walk the dogs when it’s definitely chilly outside, but it’s not cold enough for like a full-blown puffer. It’s a very relaxed fit, and I would say that it runs quite large. I’m wearing a small here, and I actually think an x-small might be even better.
And here it is with the joggers that DID make y’alls Top 12 list. Again, I wear a small in the joggers.
That’s it for today, y’all! I hope you enjoyed getting a look at December’s Top 12 pics. What were your personal favorites? Sound off in the comments!