This post is sponsored by Nordstrom and ShopStyle. The product selections are my own, and I only highlight and promote items that I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Sheaffer Told Me To!
TODAY WE ARE TALKING BEAUTY!
I know we talk clothes probably 90% of the time on this blog, but today we’re talking BEAUTY!
We all know that Nordstrom’s beauty department is pretty much unrivaled. The brands it carries are top notch, and it’s where I purchase the great majority of my beauty products all year long.
BUT THE ANNIVERSARY SALE? THAT’S WHEN THE NORDSTROM BEAUTY DEPARTMENT REALLY SHINES.
It’s the beauty offerings during the NSALE that are consistently some of my favorite purchases each and every year.
NSALE BEAUTY FINDS
This year’s beauty deals did not disappoint! So much great stuff!
ANASTASIA DELUXE BROW KIT
This brow kit is from Anastasia, who is known as the brow guru. With the 3 products included in this set you can outline, shade, fill and detail your brows for a defined, but natural look. The set is a $68 value, but right now you can grab it for ONLY $39!
The kit includes the following:
– Brow Wiz Mechanical Brow Pencil: An ultraslim mechanical pencil that shapes, defines and fills in your brows to create a polished look.
– Brow Definer: A brow tool designed with a versatile, retractable, thick triangular tip.
– Clear Brow Gel: A clear brow gel that defines and holds brows beautifully in place all day long and won’t flake, either.
It wasn’t until last year that I started filling in my brows, but once I started, I’ve never looked back. To be honest, I should have started years and years ago because it’s unbelievable the difference it makes.
In the picture below, my eyebrow on the right is filled in, and my eyebrow on the left isn’t so you can see the difference. (This pic was obviously taken before I’d done my other makeup.)
Filled in brows create a much more polished look. In fact, I think it makes such a difference that I find myself filling in my brows just about every single day, even the days I don’t leave the house and don’t wear a full face of makeup. The pencil and the definer help me color in and shape the brow, and the brow gel helps set them.
I just feel better when my brows are filled in!
MAC LIPWEAR SET
This lip set was one of my favorite purchases from this year’s sale! It’s a $57 value for ONLY $35.
It’s a limited-edition three-piece lip kit featuring a lip pencil, lipstick and a lipglass in a new midtone pink hue. Actually, it’s not nearly as pink as I thought it was going to be based on the color on the site, but I prefer the actual color.
It actually looks quite pink on me here, but I think that must be because of my pink sweater. Now don’t get me wrong, the products definitely have pink tones, but in real life I think of the color as more of a dark pink (not bright) or a spiced pink. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
AMBIENT LIGHTING ESSENTIALS PALETTE
I’ve been talking about my full-size Ambient Lighting Palette for over a year now. I think it’s a wonderful palette that gives such a pretty glow. But last time I talked about it, it was sold out. I know many of you were disappointed and wished you had made the purchase earlier, so I was THRILLED to see this essentials palette in the sale.
The palette includes:
-Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light: A universal finishing powder that recreates the most exquisitely flattering light on any skin tone.
– Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat: A blush combining the custom effects of Ambient Lighting Powder with a spectrum of modern hues for multidimensional, soft-focus color.
– Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light: A cool bronze shade fused with Diffused Light to mimic a ray of warm sunlight.
This limited-edition palette will define, enhance, and give you a lit-from-within glow. The colors are beautiful.
BEFORE AND AFTER!
I’ve got more products to review, but before I get to those reviews…
Everybody loves a good before and after pic, so here’s one for you!
On the right, I’m wearing several beauty products that were from the sale including Supergoop Glow Screen (set already sold out in the sale, but still available HERE), the Ambient Lighting Palette, the Anastasia Deluxe Brow Kit, and the MAC lipwear set in pink. I’m also wearing this eyeliner (a duo in the sale right now!) and this mascara.
The sweater, earrings, and necklace are all included in the sale too.
RIKI 10x LIGHTED MIRROR
Okay, back to some more products!
This Riki 10x lighted mirror is an item I picked up during the sale a couple of years ago. It’s worth every single penny at full price, so it’s an amazing deal during the sale at $80 OFF! It’s got LED lights, a magnifying mirror attachment, and a cell phone clip. And it’s so thin that I travel with it.
Five stages of dimming gives you full control of the level you want to see, while the 10X magnifying mirror helps you get up close and personal with lashes and brows and for detail work, especially around the eyes.
CASHMERE MIST DEODORANT TRIO
I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT, and this pack will last me the entire year. I know I’ve told y’all the story of my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament last year), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. 🙂 Plus, it not only smells great, it also really works!
It goes on so smoothly, it doesn’t leave any white residue, and it smells amazing.
And I think this goes without saying, but this deodorant trio comes with 3 full-size deodorants. It’s an incredible deal.
Have you ladies heard of Arcona? I hadn’t, but the brand reached out and sent me some of their products just a couple of weeks ago.
The packaging is beautiful, and I really enjoyed trying both products.
There’s a duo of the exfoliating cleansers in the sale as well as a duo of the toner pads.
The Double Cranberry Gommage Set is an exfoliator that cleanses, tones and decongests enlarged pores, leaving skin visibly clearer and more refined. I feel like it’s kind of a combination of a clay mask and an exfoliating mask. I cleansed my skin before using it, and then rubbed it all over my face in circular motions (being careful to avoid my eyes). I rinsed my face after with warm water, and they I patted it dry with a washcloth. My skin feels SO soft, SO clean, and SO fresh after using it.
The Toner Pads feel great when using them. They infuse skin with protective antioxidants to leave it glowing and refreshed, while removing dirt, oil and makeup. They help protect and clarify skin with cranberry extract, which contains vitamins, phytonutrients and essential fatty acids, and assist in neutralizing free radicals thanks to grapeseed extract. White tea extract and rice milk nourish and restore skin. After using the pads, I felt like my skin was totally refreshed!
Both products have a strong fruity scent, so keep that in mind if you are bothered by scents. I find the scent pleasant, but I could see how some might be sensitive to it.
If you are already familiar with the Arcona brand, sound off in the comments!
NEULASH BROW ENHANCING SERUM AND EYELASH SERUM
I know there are tons of you that buy at least one of these products EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. I get it, when you see results, you become devoted to a brand.
This year the packaging and the tubes themselves have a new look, but they are the same great products. I was thrilled when Neulash sent me both boxes!
I shared at the beginning of today’s post how my eyebrows have become sparse in areas, so I’m really hoping this Nuelash Brow Enhancing Serum is going to help. I know it will, but I also know that I have to be more consistent with its use. And it is a fantastic deal during the sale.
I swipe it on right after I swipe on the Neulash Eyelash Serum.
Months ago I had decided to keep both on my bedside table because I thought it would be easier to remember to use them after I got in bed, but that didn’t work for me either. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to remember because it literally only takes like 20 seconds to apply both! Just a little swipe swipe and let the serums do the work.
T3 LUXE BRUSH SET
This four-piece brush set will help you elevate your styling game! I grabbed it for myself, but it would also make an excellent gift.
The set includes the following:
– Shower Comb: a comb featuring wide teeth that helps disperse liquid products evenly through strands while detangling hair in the shower.
– Detangling Brush: a brush designed to help release knots in wet hair to leave strands detangled and ready for dry styling.
– Smooth Paddle Brush: a professional styling brush designed with a vented body and a paddle shape that allows air to circulate freely for fast blow drying.
– Volume 2.5 Round Brush: a round brush featuring an aluminum and ceramic barrel and vented body to allow air to flow freely, allowing for smooth, soft, shiny results.
How to use: Before drying, prep hair with the Shower Comb and Detangling Brush. In the shower, use your fingers to distribute liquid products through wet hair, then use the Shower Comb to help evenly spread products from root to tip while detangling. After showering, towel-dry your hair, and brush through with the Detangle Brush while your hair is still wet, beginning at the bottom and working your way toward your roots. Once your hair is knot-free, rough-dry hair until it’s 80% dry, and begin styling. To achieve a blow-out look, use the Volume 2.5 Round Brush, placing the barrel underneath a section of dry hair at the roots and pulling down. Direct the airflow of your dryer at the brush. When you reach the ends, roll your hair back up to your head and hold. Release and move on to the next section. For a smooth, straight look, place the Smooth Paddle Brush underneath a section of hair at the roots and pull down, directing airflow at the brush.
T3 1.25 INCH CERAMIC CURLING IRON
Y’all know I’m a hot rollers girl. Always have been, and probably always will be.
HOWEVER, I’ve been wanting to mix it up. So after hearing tons of rave reviews over the last several years, I finally grabbed this T3 curling iron during the sale! It’s $56 OFF right now!
I do think there’s a bit of a learning curve when first using it, but I’m figuring it out.
It gives loose and tousled curls, which I love.
The hinge on this curling iron is tight, but I’ve figured out a way to lessen the pressure when pulling my hair through it. This results in the tousled curls that i prefer.
- I always turn the curling iron away from my face, and I’ve found the 2nd heat setting is plenty hot for my hair. I think the highest heat would be too damaging.
- Sometimes I like to curl small sections (like you see below), but I also do larger sections every so often. When the curls are varying sizes, it just seems more natural to me and gives a more relaxed look.
I think this type of curl really makes my new highlights stand out, and I’m really enjoying the change.
BEST BEAUTY DEALS
Here are some of the other BEAUTY DEALS that caught my eye this year!
1) Ambient Lighting Essentials Palette / 2) Chloe Parfum Set / 3) lighted makeup mirror / 4) Supergoop Unseen and Play Sunscreen Set / 5) Anastasia Deluxe Brow Kit / 6) Maria Madesco drying duo / 7) Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Cheeks Set / 8) Lash Idole and eyeliner set / 9) T3 1.25 inch ceramic curling iron / 10) Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eyeshadow Trio / 11) T3 Luxe brush set /12) NuFace Starter Kit /13) Cashmere Mist deodorant trio / 14) MAC lipwear set / 15) Supergoop Glow Duo
1) Ambient Lighting Essentials Palette / Y’all know I have the bigger version of this ambient lighting palette, and I’m OBSESSED. I was happy to see this smaller version included in the sale. It’s a great buy.
2) Chloe Parfum Set / I’ve got to be honest. I’ve never smelled this perfume. I picked it based on the packaging alone. So I mean, take this recommendation for what it’s worth. Haha! But I do love the packaging.
3) lighted makeup mirror / This I have AND LOVE. I bought this last year during the sale 2 years ago and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting
4) Supergoop Unseen and Play Sunscreen Set / The Unseen Sunscreen is a relatively new favorite of mine. I started using it last summer and never stopped.
5) Anastasia Deluxe Brow Kit / I basically fill in my brows every single day now. Even if I’m just at home and not wearing make-up, I still feel better if my brows are filled in. This set has fantastic reviews.
6) Maria Madesco drying duo / A set of two blemish-fighting products from Mario Badescu that are fast-acting, effective spot solutions to help treat acne.
7) Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Cheeks Set / This set includes this beautiful and glowy blush and a highlighter. It’s an $80 value, but you can grab it for only $54 right now.
8) Lash Idole and eyeliner set / I use and love the mascara. If you like a dark and dramatic line, you’ll love this eyeliner too.
9) T3 1.25 inch ceramic curling iron / If you’re a regular blog reader, you know I use hot rollers. In fact, I’ve been using hot rollers for over 20 years. Well, I’m going to try something new. I ordered this curling iron for myself and I’m excited to give it a whirl!
10) Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eyeshadow Trio / I’ve become a recent fan of cream eyeshadow sticks. This looks like a great set.
11) T3 Luxe brush set / This 4-piece brush set from T3 includes a paddle brush, round brush, detangling brush and shower comb. I ordered this for myself.
12) NuFace Starter Kit / This petite, portable microcurrent facial toning device is FDA-cleared for facial stimulation and gently works to stimulate the larger surface areas of the face to provide a five-minute facial lift. As we age, our body’s natural current begins to slow down (just like our metabolism), leading to sagging skin, loss of contour and wrinkles. Microcurrent mimics this natural current and goes beyond skin deep to tone facial muscles while improving contour and skin tone, and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
13) Cashmere Mist deodorant trio / I talk about my deep obsession with this deodorant above. AND YES, I’M OBSESSED with a deodorant.
14) MAC lipwear set / The set includes lipliner, lipstick, and a gloss. You can choose neutral or pink.
15) Supergoop Glow Duo / Well, it’s been two years now of me screaming and shouting about the Supergoop Glow Screen. I’ve actually never tried the Glow Stick, but I’m assuming that it’s awesome as well.
And don’t forget to check out the GIFTS WITH PURCHASE happening right now!