Y’all, summer is almost here, and I couldn’t be more excited!!! Bring on later mornings, days by the pool, and backyard barbecues with friends. This girl is READY!
In addition to just regular summer days, we’ve got Memorial Day right around the corner, and July 4th will be here before we know it as well.
I don’t know about y’all, but on Memorial Day I like to dress in red, white, and blue to honor those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms. And on July 4th, I like to be festive!
Honestly, there’s not much I love more than a great red, white, and blue outfit.
Lucky for y’all, I’ve already been shopping around. I’ve got several pieces I’m highlighting today that will help us all dress patriotically for the upcoming holidays and the rest of the summer.
1) USA tee / 2) silver star necklace / 3) earrings / 4) navy and white cotton tank / 5) navy America tee / 6) red gingham bag / 7) smocked top / 8) red and white stiped midi dress / 9) evil eye khaki bag / 10) red square neck dress / 11) navy and white puff sleeve top / 12) red tie front cami / 13) striped ruffle sleeve top / 14) navy stripe bow sandals / 15) American flag hat / 16) white cover up / 17) navy and white cover up / 18) red swimsuit / 19) blue and white swimsuit / 20) blue and white striped tote / 21) red, white, and blue bikini
1) USA tee / I love a graphic tee, and this simple USA tee is a great heathered red with a flag.
2) silver star necklace / This silver star necklace is one of my favorites. I wear it all year long, but you will definitely find me wearing it on Memorial Day and the 4th.
3) earrings / TALK ABOUT FESTIVE! Even if all you’re wearing is a white tee and denim shorts, these earrings will kick your outfit up several notches straight to FESTIVE.
4) navy and white cotton tank / This tank is simple and cute. I love a nautical stripe.
5) navy America tee / The “America” graphic on this tee is adorable.
6) red gingham bag / This is a great big tote that will be able to hold ALL THE THINGS.
7) smocked top / Okay, this top is soooooooo me. Pair it with white jeans, cognac sandals, and red earrings for a super cute outfit for whatever 4th party you’re attending.
8) red and white stiped midi dress / Maybe you have an event that requires more than a swimsuit or cut-offs. This dress would be fabulous.
9) evil eye khaki bag / For under $30, this bag will add some whimsy and fun to your outfit!
10) red square neck dress / This dress is feminine and flirty with a great square neck and little ruffle sleeves. It’s light and airy, and it has pockets!
11) navy and white puff sleeve top / This is a top that I will obviously wear all year long, but it could be totally festive with white cut-offs and a bright red lip.
12) red tie front cami / Darling. This top is DARLING.
13) striped ruffle sleeve top / The sleeves on this are dramatic. I haven’t tried it on yet, so it might be too aggressive, but I think I’m going to have to give it a whirl.
14) navy stripe bow sandals / These are officially called “off-white”, but they are sooooooo much more than “off-white”. The stripes and the bow have me smitten. I think these would be great with the red square neck dress (#10).
15) American flag hat / I own this hat, and I love this hat. I’ll show it on me below.
16) white cover up / This simple white cover up is under $22. I love how bright and fresh the white is, but it also comes in royal blue and apple red!
17) navy and white cover up / I’m sorry, but this might be one of the cutest cover-ups I’ve ever seen. The overall fit, the tassel tie, and the tie dye pattern! I LOVE it all! And right now it’s on SUPER SALE.
18) red swimsuit / I don’t think my boobs will look good in this swimsuit, BUT I WISH MY BOOBS WOULD LOOK GOOD IN THIS SWIMSUIT. I love it so much. It comes in navy, olive, and black as well.
19) blue and white swimsuit / The ruffles and the stripes are too cute. The modest fit looks like it would be perfect for a mom playing with her kids. Everything will stay where it needs to be. Ha!
20) blue and white striped tote / I have (and LOVE) this tote in the bright multi-color stripe, but I really love the nautical vibes of this blue and white striped one. It’s perfect for the beach.
21) red, white, and blue bikini / Now, listen….you will never see me in a bikini. But if you were to ever see me in a bikini, it might be this bikini. I think it’s totally adorable. Oh wait! I found a 1 piece HERE! If you want to see how the suits look on, there are pics on the site of real life ladies in the 2 piece (look for the pics in the reviews), and the 1 piece has a video of a model wearing it. It’s so flipping cute!
MORE AMERICANA INSPIRATION…
And because my love for a festive outfit runs deep (and always has), I have some previous outfits to share with y’all! I checked the links and only posted main items that are still currently available, so shop away!
A simple white tee with my must have denim short is made instantly festive with my new flag hat! I’ll be wearing this hat all year, but it’s going to be PERFECT for the 4th and Memorial Day. The hat link actually has probably 50 or so hat options on it, so go check them out if you’re a baseball cap kinda girl!
Ruby Woo is a red lipstick that I found probably 4 or 5 years ago now when I was looking for a bright red lip color before July 4th.
This particular red is supposed to look great on all types of skin tones and with all different hair colors. And it’s definitely a blue red, which is great, because I don’t love a red that leans orange.
Notice that I’m also wearing the silver star necklace (#2) here.
The Ruby Woo on it’s own is a bit harsh for my liking, so I recommend a gloss on top. The gloss you see below is now sold out, so I would recommend this Rose Glow gloss in it’s place.
This swing peplum tee is so cute, so flattering, and so soft! It’s great on it’s own, but it will be great layered under cardigans and jackets as well in the fall. I LOVE THIS TEE. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Look how cute the soft pleats are on the peplum!
This tee is lighter blue and it’s got a v neck for those of you that prefer that. This one comes in solids, patterns, and stripes. You need to check out all of the options! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This babydoll peplum top is a dark navy. I actually have this tee already in red and in blush from year’s past, so I knew I would like the style and fit. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This is the same babydoll tee as above, but in royal blue instead of navy. I obviously like it a lot, which is why I keep ordering it year after year. It has EXCELLENT reviews and comes in tons of colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Since most people will be spending time in the sun on Memorial Day and the 4th, I thought I would review a couple of awesome products.
The Unseen Sunscreen IS AMAZING. I used it for the very first time last summer, and I became an immediate fan. It’s weightless, invisible, scent free, and gives incredible coverage and protection for your face. My skin absorbs it very quickly (like IMMEDIATELY!) and there is NO TRACE of it. It’s not oily or greasy, it gives a matte finish, and it doesn’t leave any white residue behind either. I think it goes on like a primer! It’s velvety in texture and it totally just glides on your skin, both under and even over your makeup. Also, from reading reviews it seems it’s awesome for people with super sensitive skin. I’m telling you, the product is absolutely incredible.
I used to only use Supergoop Glow Screen as my “foundation” when I knew I was going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time.
I’ve come to love the product so much that I’m now wearing it every single day that I apply make-up in the spring and summer. I love the color, the glow, and the level of coverage it gives! And please don’t let the “GLOW” in the name scare you. It’s very subtle and just really pretty! And the SPF is just a huge bonus. Sometimes I wear it on it’s own, and sometimes I combine it with 1 or 2 other products.
See!!! The Glow Screen just makes my skin look healthy and glowy, with a bronzy finish!
If you’re a regular reader of the blog, you might remember this cover up from a couple of years ago in black. I thought the black was great and I wore it all summer long, so last year I knew I wanted to add a new color. I chose this bright “watermelon red”. It’s one size fits all, and I never understand how that works, but I’ve seen it on a variety of body types and it looks great on everybody.
My swimsuit is from last year. It’s light blue gingham and I LOVE THE FIT. This year they have it in light pink.
And please notice the accessories…
The tote I’m carrying is the multicolor version of #20 in today’s collage.
We’ve talked about sunscreen, so let’s talk about self-tanners now!
I’ve tried TONS of self tanners over the last 10 or so years. TONS.
I would say the great majority I’ve tried have been a big ol’ fail. Some were too difficult to apply, some weren’t a pretty color, and some were super streaky.
First of all, I LOVE the color. It’s a really pretty bronzy brown and I think it looks very natural. Like you just got back from the beach! Secondly, it is SO EASY to apply. See the mousse on the mitt below? Because of the color, you can see exactly where you are applying it! So if you miss a spot, you know and can correct it immediately.
Now, if you haven’t used the mousse before, the self-tanning mitt is ESSENTIAL for an easy and smooth application. It keeps your hands clean, and it really does make the application just about flawless. It helps you evenly distribute the mousse and it helps to blend it beautifully.
So if you’re like me, you definitely need to self tan as you get ready for summer….but you also need to get your heels ready.
This pedi tool is amazing.
You charge it with a USB charging cord, and it comes with 2 different roller heads. It removes calluses and dry cracked skin in a safe way. I’m telling you. BABY’S BUTT SOFT. I also use it on the side of my big toe that tends to get rough as well. I’m HIGHLY RECOMMENDING this pedi tool. It’s UNDER $15 right now and worth twice that!
(Now, if you want to get suuuuuuuuuuuuuper aggressive with your feet prep for summer, grab yourself this foot peel mask. I got it for myself this summer (used it last summer with incredible results), but I haven’t gotten up the nerve to use it yet! I have some events coming up where I will want to be wearing sandals, and I want to wait until those are over before starting the peel. As I’ve mentioned before, you must be patient, you must soak your feet each night, you will think it’s not working, AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR FEET WILL START PEELING OFF OF YOUR BODY. It will be disgusting. It will be magnificent. And you will be left with brand new feet. FOR REAL)
LOOK HOW CUTE!
The tee is soft with a great fit. It’s not boxy, but not too tight either. I’m wearing a medium and definitely needed the room in the chest. Such a cute and easy outfit for a festive 4th!
Does this peplum tee look familiar? I first showed it to you in blush HERE, and then you saw it in two shades of blue earlier in today’s post. The blush tee became a fast favorite in my everyday life, so I hopped on to grab some more colors, and the red called to me.
I sized up to a medium, but you will see in stories that a small would have been plenty big, so you can just stick to your regular size.
That’s all for today. I hope this post inspired you to grab some festive and patriotic gear for your upcoming summer and holiday plans.
I’ll actually see you back here tomorrow for an extra post this week!