Get excited, because today I’ve got some super fun and totally affordable summer items to highlight!
I don’t know about y’all, but we are summering hard over here. Like HARD hard. We’re only a couple of weeks in, but we are living it up! Lots of grilling, lots of hanging in the pool, lots of late nights (like starting movies at 10:00 and going to bed at midnight), and lots of late mornings too. We’re reallllllllllly good at Summer.
I did a post like this last year and it was super popular, so I wanted to throw together another short list of fun items that can help you kick off summer!
So, pour yourself a lemonade (add a little something “extra” if you wish), and see if there’s anything you need to treat yourself to today! I mean, just a little YOU MADE IT TO SUMMER gift for yourself. #youdeserveit
1) ruffle sleeve dress / 2) sunglasses / 3) striped bag / 4) yellow maxi skirt / 5) blue lounge set / 6) tassel necklace / 7) straw square bag / 8) H-band slide sandals / 9) raffia hoop earrings / 10) embroidered dress / 11) lip mask / 12) orange peplum tee
1) ruffle sleeve dress / I have this dress in red and absolutely LOVE IT. This green is so fresh and summery. Click HERE if you want to see it on. It’s fun, flirty, feminine, and DARLING. If you have a large chest, size up one.
2) sunglasses / I’ve had these sunglasses for at least 3 years now, and I’m still obsessed. I have them in this tortoise and the black (you can get a 2 pack for only $20). I love the round large frames and think they look great on. They are very similar to the Karen Walker sunglasses that are $190!
3) striped bag / This bag is so flipping cute. First of all, it’s a great size. I find that so many straw totes are HUGE. I don’t want huge, and this size seems perfect. AND THE STRIPES! Come on, the stripes are so cute and I love the colors.
4) yellow maxi skirt / At the end of May, I featured a gorgeous linen maxi skirt. It was a beautiful yellow floral pattern and y’all loved it, but it was pretty expensive at almost $100. I had a Facebook commenter that asked me to find an Amazon dupe, so I ordered this one! It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow, so I’ll show it on Friday’s post. Fingers crossed we love it! Oh, wait! I found this green option from Target for just $32! It’s obviously not yellow, but I feel like it’s a super similar vibe. It only has 4 ratings, but they are all 5 STARS!
5) blue lounge set / I love a great lounge set. Like I realllllllllllllllly love a great lounge set. This one has excellent reviews, comes in several colors, and from the looks of the pictures on the site can totally be worn around town if styled correctly!
6) tassel necklace / There are several tassel necklaces on this one link, but this one is the “multi6”. It’s fun, colorful, and I think it will be a great addition to your summer wardrobe.
7) straw square bag / Okay, this is a big bag (see pics on site for scale), but I still really love it. It’s a modern take on a classic straw tote, and I think the square handle is so chic.
8) H-band slide sandals / I have these sandals, I LOVE these sandals, and I can’t believe how affordable they are. They are designer inspired and look much more expensive than they actually are. And the footbeds are cushioned, so they are comfy! I recommend sizing up a 1/2.
9) raffia hoop earrings / I was wearing these earrings in tons of outfit pics on my May Amazon haul, but I didn’t make a big deal about them because they were out of stock by the time I posted. Well, there’s been a RESTOCK! WooHoooo! Click HERE to get to the May Amazon haul to see they styled in lots of different outfits.
10) embroidered dress / Beautiful color options, embroidery, and a ruffle skirt? SIGN! ME! UP! After reading reviews, I’m going to size up.
11) lip mask / Y’all know I’ve been screaming and shouting about this lip mask for years. I absolutely cannot live without it. Like the thought of running out of it makes me panic. It sounds like I’m being dramatic (and perhaps I am! ha!), but it’s true.
12) orange peplum tee / I have this peplum tee in 3 colors already, but this orange one seems pretty perfect for summer. I think it would be adorable with the #7 tassel necklace, a pair of denim shorts, and the #8 sandals.
OTHER UNDER $40 SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOT JUST AMAZON):
*I’m DYING over this dress. It has excellent ratings. How in the world is it only $30? It’s from the new Tabitha Brown collection at Target, and the response is all super positive. Pretty much everything in the collection has awesome ratings.
*Also from Target, these braided sandals are fabulous. I love the chunky heel. They would look great with the dresses above.
*Supergoop Glow Screen Sunscreen – I’ve talked about this several times before because I started using it and loving it last summer. However, this year I figured out it’s the perfect sunscreen for Carter’s face as well. It’s so easy to apply and it absorbs immediately. Chris tried it too and loves it. It really is the best sunscreen for your face.
*This swing blouse from Old Navy looks adorable. I love the swingy fit and the tie in the back.
*This flutter sleeve plaid mini dress from Old Navy is super cute. I do wish it came in other colors, but the silhouette is darling.
*I’m dying over these pom pom earrings from Loft! They look designer to me (like something you’d see on Shopbop), but they are totally affordable!
*This designer inspired handbag is under $40. I saw another influencer talking about it and had to order it myself. I get it this week and I’ll show you my Friday Amazon haul!
*I already got this kitchen towel set in and all 3 designs are SO FLIPPING CUTE! I haven’t taken a picture of them in my kitchen yet…but trust me, you need them.
And before you go, I’ve got a handful of UNDER $25 items that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND, even though they didn’t make it to the collage.
*In preparation for the 4th, I ordered these beaded star earrings for only $12! They’ll be so cute with a red, navy, or white tee and denim shorts!
*This drawstring t-shirt dress is ON SALE for $20! The red basil color is great for now, but it will transition to early fall as well.
*I have and love these chino shorts, and they are on sale for $15. I got them on sale too, so I grabbed them in 3 colors. I have sisal (khaki), panther (grey), and alpine tundra (olive).
That’s it for today!
So I’m curious, do you have any under $40 summer essentials that we need to know about? I love when y’all tell me to!