Well, I don’t know how it happened, but it’s here.
Thanksgiving is literally just around the corner, and Christmas isn’t far behind.
The holiday season sneaks up on me every year, although I have NO IDEA how it did this year. I’m just so dang excited to have something to look forward to even though it’s going to be quite a bit different. We aren’t doing any big gatherings, and I’m very sad that we aren’t going to get to see some of our loved ones, but I’m still grateful to have some traditions and JOY to look forward to.
Today I’m sharing a sweater that would be great for Thanksgiving day, and I’m also sharing a beautiful salad that really would be a perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. In addition to the salad, I’m also sharing some kitchen items from Macy’s that I have and love. And at the end of the post, I’ve got a great gift guide for loved ones that like to spend time in the kitchen. And today Macy’s launched their EARLY BLACK FRIDAY SALE! You can get an additional 20% OFF tons of items with the code SCORE. Many of the items in today’s post qualify!
LET’S START WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL SALAD.
And I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s just as delicious as it is pretty.
Here’s what you’ll need for the salad….
INGREDIENTS: salad greens (Just get whatever you like, I went for a mixed green and arugula combo.), a can of mandarin oranges, a package of pomegranate arils, walnuts, sliced almonds, goat cheese (I used a honey goat cheese!), 1/4 of a purple onion, and 2 avocados
We’ll talk about the ingredients for the dressing in just a minute.
I didn’t really follow a recipe. I looked up festive salads on Pinterest, and I combined several ideas together, and then added some ingredients of my own (like the honey goat cheese). Sure, I could have bought a pomegranate and sectioned some Clementine oranges myself…but a can of mandarin oranges and this cup of fresh pomegranate arils made life so easy.
Before getting started on the salad, I whipped up the dressing.
A little honey…
And some poppy seeds.
My goodness it was delicious.
Recipe for poppy seed dressing: 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar, 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup light mayo, 1 1/2 Tbsp honey, 1 Tbsp poppy seeds, 1 Tbsp milk to thin out if needed.
This salad dressing shaker is an unassuming little gadget, BUT IT’S AWESOME. It’s airtight, water tight, and leak proof. And it’s ONLY $16.99 right now! I love that you make the salad dressing in it and then you can store it in your fridge as well. It has a 1 handed open and close lever which allows you to both shake and pour easily.
After the dressing was done, it was time to start chopping up some of the salad ingredients.
I chopped 1 1/2 avocados into chunks, and then I cut 1/3 of a large onion into slivers.
I also crumbled up a small log of honey goat cheese.
And then I sprinkled the avocado and onion with salt and pepper. I think a lot of people forget to season their salad ingredients, but it makes such a difference.
Here’s the 5 piece knife set I pulled from above. It’s so cute and the knives are incredibly sharp. The reviews are EXCELLENT and the price is UNBELIEVABLE. The set is regularly $40, but it’s ON SALE for $27.99, and right now you can get an additional 20% OFF with the code SCORE! Grab one set for yourself and one as a gift.
Here’s what you need to know about the set:
- The set includes:
- 8″ Chef’s knife with blade guard
- 8″ Slicing knife with blade guard
- 7″ Santoku knife with blade guard
- 5″ Serrated Utility knife with blade guard
- 3.5″ Paring knife with blade guard
- High-quality stainless steel blades
- Nonstick ceramic coating for easy slicing
- Color coding helps reduce risk of cross-contamination
- Each knife includes a matching blade guard
- Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
- Stainless steel/ceramic
And here’s a good look at the 5 piece wooden salad set. It’s functional, it’s beautiful, and I’m so happy to have it. AND IT’S ON SUPER SALE! It’s regularly $144, but it’s already on BLACK FRIDAY special for 60% OFF! Right now you can get this set for ONLY $56.99!!! (Important: The link for the salad set defaults to the entire collection, so scroll down just a bit for this 5 piece set and click on it.)
Time to assemble the salad!
Just layer everything in!
I love crunchy nuts in a salad.
Then drizzle the dressing all over.
I’m not gonna lie, this is a salad to be proud of. Haha!
Trust me. You want to make this salad.
And you don’t have to stick to the recipe, make it your own!
This would also be delicious with raspberries and candied pecans! Or figs and blackberries!
Yep, you should probably show up to Thanksgiving with this salad and in this sweater. The sweater is cashmere, it’s beautiful Thanksgiving colors, and it’s 50% OFF right now! And y’all know I love the flats, and they are 40% OFF right now.
Buddy and Charlie definitely think so.
One more look at the gorgeous salad.
Now, before you go, I’ve got some really great ideas for anybody in your life that loves to spend time in the kitchen. Macy’s is a wonderful gift giving destination for so many people in your life, but they really hit it out of the park with kitchen items. So many of the items featured in the collage below are included in the BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS that went live today! Like the 22 piece tools of the trade set (#1) that is regularly $64.99, and right now it’s ONLY $19.99! That’s 66% OFF!
If you see anything you are even slightly interested in, click on it to see if it’s included in the incredible BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS.
1) tools of the trade 22 piece set / 2) 3 tiered wooden stand / 3) Le Creuset Cast Iron Oven / 4) cookbook stand / 5) Instant Pot / 6) nonstick 5 piece bakeware set /7) hammered copper salt and pepper grinder / 8) wood cheese paddle / 9) ceramic cutlery set / 10) wood with slate charcuterie board / 11) air fryer toaster oven / 12) charcuterie board / 13) Melamine 3 piece bowl set / 14) NutriBullet /
1) tools of the trade set / This set has 22 pieces that everybody needs in the kitchen! Do you have a kid setting out on their own or somebody that’s just purchased a new home? This would make a great and super functional gift.
2) 3 tiered wooden stand / I love a tiered stand, and I love dreaming of all the ways to style a tiered stand.
3) Le Creuset Cast Iron Oven / These Le Creuset items are pricey, but those that have them sing their praises.
4) cookbook stand / This cookbook stand would look great just sitting out on your counter with your favorite cookbook
5) Instant Pot / I don’t have one of these yet, because to be honest they kind of scare me, but I know I need to get over it because everybody that owns one loves it.
6) nonstick 5 piece bakeware set / This 5 piece set contains all of my most used basics.
7) hammered copper salt and pepper grinder / These salt and pepper grinders are so pretty!
8) wood cheese paddle / I have several wooden boards in my kitchen. Some I use when serving food, others I just lean up against my backsplash for decoration.
9) ceramic cutlery set / This is the set I featured in the post above. These knives have excellent reviews and would make such an awesome gift.
10) wood with slate charcuterie board / This board is gorgeous. I love the slate detail and that you can label the items that you are serving.
11) air fryer toaster oven / I love our air fryer and use it almost daily. The one complaint I have about our air fryer? It’s too small. The one in the collage has over 3,000 5 STAR REVIEWS and is quite a bit bigger. I’m thinking of taking the plunge.
12) charcuterie board / I like having charcuterie boards in varying sizes and shapes. I don’t have one like this yet.
13) Melamine 3 piece bowl set / This set of 3 bowls is highly rated. I can’t think of 1 lady on my list that wouldn’t be excited to receive these bowls.
14) NutriBullet / I have this NutriBullet and love making smoothies with it. It’s worked great with consistent use for over a year now.
Also, you can click HERE to see the other early Black Friday deals that are already happening. And don’t forget, so many items are on sale AND an additional 20% OFF with the code SCORE!
* Tons of men’s and women’s coats are 60% OFF HERE.
* You can find kid’s puffers for $16.99 HERE.
* Select tarte products are 50% OFF HERE.
But seriously, just go look around yourself to see all of the incredible deals!
I’m curious to know. What’s your favorite Thanksgiving side? I’m ALL ABOUT the homemade cornbread dressing, but I love having something fresh and green like the salad I highlighted today to help counteract ALL THE CARBS. Haha!