IT’S HERE! IT’S FINALLY HERE! STARTING TODAY, EVERYBODY CAN OFFICIALLY SHOP THE NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE!
I know many of y’all have been waiting for this day for a sweet forever. I’m sending you all sorts of positive thoughts that the items you really want are still available! But listen, if they’re not, I want to encourage you to keep checking back. Returns continue to roll in every single day, and when returns roll in, often times a small number of previously sold out items pop back onto the site. I’ve gotten lucky several times before because I was a dedicated stalker, so don’t be afraid to check back frequently! #beastalker
And if you thought that items were going fast before, they are going to absolutely FLY off the shelves today now that everybody can shop. So my suggestion to you is this: hit “checkout” as soon as possible. If you put stuff in your cart and wait till this evening, there will be some stuff that is gone. Remember, standard shipping is FREE, so you can place several orders and still never pay for shipping. #protip
Before we get to today’s outfits, I want to list out a handful of items that are still available that I 1000% recommend you throw in your cart right this very second. Do it before everybody else does and they’re gone.
YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
* The best blanket in the history of blankets. Like EVER. And don’t get just 1, get at least 2. It’s incredibly soft, so warm, comes in tons of colors, and it launders beautifully. I’ve washed mine countless times and it still looks and feels brand new. And it makes THE BEST GIFT for all ages. Your college son, your 90 year old grandma, EVERYBODY will love it. I’ve had readers that say they have bought as many as 18 over the years for themselves and to give out as gifts. (There are only 3 colors left, so hurry!)
* If you don’t have a blardigan, this is your year. I know it’s expensive, BUT IT’S WORTH IT. #treatyoself Part blanket, part cardigan, and the softest and coziest thing you will ever put on your body.
* Everybody needs these black pants, but you HAVE TO HAVE THEM if you work in an office. Please please believe me. I get my regular size (4R – NOT petite), but some do size down.
SHOP THE SALE
Both of these jackets are perfect for fall when it’s just starting to get chilly and you need a layer. I’m wearing a medium in both. The suede moto jacket on the left is buttery soft and a bit oversized with a bit of stretch. It comes in 4 colors. The leather moto jacket has a bit more structure and is a bit more fitted. If broad through the shoulders and chest, you might consider sizing up because of the tailored fit.
This v-neck sweater is an awesome closet basic that you will find yourself reaching for all fall long because you can style it so many ways. And at only $39.99 it’s a total steal. The deep v is very flattering, and the sweater is lightweight and soft. You’ll for sure want to grab it in 1 color, but grab 2 if you can! (It already sold out in the hummus and it’s almost sold out in grey already). This rust color looks to be fully stocked and is PERFET for fall! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium for a relaxed fit. The small definitely fit, but I preferred the slouchy look of the medium (my regular size). I would suggest sizing down if between sizes.
v-neck sweater / suede moto jacket (on left) / leather moto jacket (on right) / beaded hoop earrings / beaded necklace / pave heart necklace / Kut slim ankle jeans in petite (regular sizing HERE) / Chestnut booties
This puff sleeve suede jacket was one of the things that caught my eye as soon as the sale items were released. It reminds me of the styling of a great denim jacket, but it’s suede. And you can’t see in my picture, but it has the cutest little puff sleeves. I’m wearing a medium here, but I felt like it was too snug, so I think most will want to size up in this jacket.
What’s that? Cashmere for $80? SIGN ME UP! There aren’t many sizes and colors left in this sweater, so grab one for yourself if your size is available. I love grabbing a new color of one of these sweaters every year in the sale. And although they have great basics like black, grey, and hummus…. this beautiful pink was a no brainer for me. I love it with jeans, but it also looks great with a dressy pant. It’s not fitted, but it’s not slouchy either, it’s just a great fit. It’s soooo soft and lightweight. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
These are the booties I was wearing in the 2 pics above.
These booties were the most comfortable and most flattering bootie option I tried on. These are the mushroom, but I ended up getting them in the Chestnut Suede. The cut-outs are so cute and really lengthen your leg. And yes, they are super comfy and you will be able to wear them for hours and hours without any complaints. True to size for me.
I showed this cardigan in blush last week, but here’s the cream! It’s long with an open front and a relaxed fit. It’s super soft and a medium weight, so it is warm. It definitely runs large, so size down. I’m wearing an x-small here.
Here’s the same cardigan in blush.
Longtime readers know that I think a great military jacket is essential for everybody to have in their closet. It’s such a great transition piece, and I wear mine all fall and all spring long. This one has a really cute fit, and it also comes in navy and a really light blush. It’s got an internal drawstring which allows you to cinch in the waist, and it’s long enough to cover your backside. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. Right now it’s only $49.99! What a deal!
These are the sneakers I’m wearing in the 3 pictures above.
I was really tempted by the black pair, but I ended up buying the neutral pair. They will go with everything. They are cute with both skinny jeans and straight leg jeans. If you don’t have a pair of street sneakers you love, you really need to grab a pair. These DV sneakers are a much more affordable option than a Golden Goose, and they are actually more comfortable! True to size for me.
I love a good poncho. Always have, always will. This one is a wool/cashmere blend, but it feels all cashmere to me. I don’t tolerate wool well, and this one isn’t itchy at all! It looks like this color is sold out, but it’s still available in olive, light grey, and black. I’m not wearing a top under it in the pic, but it definitely needs a top under it because it’s totally open on the sides. I would recommend wearing just a close-fitting and lightweight tee with it. I think it would be great with my SPANX faux leather leggings (I wear a medium petite) and the above sneakers for a cute and sporty look.
This is the same v-neck sweater I showed in rust above (with the moto jackets), but here it is in green seaglass. It’s a great sweater. Again, I’m wearing a medium.
For those of you that (like me) still like wearing skinny jeans, I’ve got a great pair for you from Wit and Wisdom! They are mid-rise, super soft, and they have the Ab-Solution power mesh panels that hold and mold you. They are really stretchy, but they fit snugly, which makes them very flattering. These are a great length on me, but I wouldn’t mind if they showed just a bit more ankle. For size reference, I’m wearing my regular size 4 (not petite). Size down if between sizes.
Here’s another cardi, but this one is longer, thinner, and dressier than the cream and pale blush one earlier. I love it with jeans, but this would also be great for the office. For size reference, I’m wearing the x-small here, but I need a small.
Here are the mules I’m wearing in the skinny jeans pics directly above. They would also look great with straight leg jeans and my must have black pants.
I grabbed both the cognac and the denim. I’m obsessed. The slim toe, the chain, the fabrics…OBSESSED. The cognac suede is gorgeous and classic, and I love the edgy vibe of the denim pair! They also come in black and cream leather and a taupe suede. True to size for me.
See! Here are the loafer mules with straight leg jeans too!
I know everybody is going crazy over these straight leg jeans, but they are currently sold out. If you just have to have them, check on them consistently (liks several times a day), and you might get lucky with a return in your size!
This tweed crossbody bag is FABULOUS. The colors, the tweed, the size, the chain straps…I love it all.
This cropped sweatshirt is super soft and super cute, but sadly it’s no longer available in this color. There is still 1 colorway left that’s dark grey with coral accents. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Y’all know the 7/8 leggings are a favorite of mine and have been for years, AND LOOK AT THIS COLOR!!!! I threw these babies in my cart so fast. The 7/8 length are my favorite length. I love how they hit me right at the ankle without any extra fabric. They are high waisted and boast supportive mesh that sucks you in, and they have a side pocket for your phone! I wear a small in Zella leggings.
This running skort is absolutely adorable. It’s a flouncy little skirt, but it’s got shorts underneath, so you don’t ever have to worry about giving an unintentional show. 🙂 I was drawn to the purple, but it also comes in a fun and vibrant tangerine. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
I’m obviously drawn to this lilac color (which is funny, because purple is usually my least favorite color), and I LOVE these running shorts. These are super lightweight with a built-in liner and side slits that are super cute. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium in the shorts.
Look at me choosing this lilac color again. I don’t even know who I am.
I love this pullover in this color, but it also comes in ivory and olive too. It’s an oversized fit and will obviously look great with leggings too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
These are the sneakers I am wearing in all of the athleisure outfits above.
There are lots of On Cloud sneakers in the sale and I really do love several of the options, but I decided on these white ones! I already have the pink and grey pair in the sale, and I have another brightly colored pair, so I liked the idea of adding these all white ones to my closet. They are the only sneakers I wear right now.
The salesman shared that most people size up a 1/2 in this style, so I did.
These ribbed pajamas only have 2 colors left, so grab a pair fast. OMG this set is comfy. It’s loose fitting, soft, and pairs perfectly with a blardigan (of course).
And I have three outfit inspo collages for you today too, all perfect for business casual environments.
This one is with my must have black pants. Don’t they look great with a cream cable knit sweater and this pink herringbone coat?!? And the mules!!!
Again, these pants are pull on styling. They don’t have a zipper, but they do have a button and some sturdy hook and eye closures. They are so soft, so comfy, and so flattering. I wear my regular size 4 (not petite), but most size down. And although they look like a classic work pant, they feel like you are wearing pajamas! SERIOUSLY. Everything you see in the collage is included in the sale.
It’s hard to tell in pics, but the pants below have a large plaid pattern that is subtle and totally chic. They’re from Wit and Wisdom too, and they are super stretchy and comfy with pull-on styling as well, but these will give you an alternative so you don’t have to wear the plain black ones every single day. Because I’m telling you, you aren’t going to want to wear anything else but these stretchy pants. Pants with a regular button and zip are going to feel like a prison. Hahaha! 🙂
And again, everything shown is available in the sale.
Get excited, because I have one more pair of stretchy pull-on pants for you. Pants that are perfect for the office, but would actually be comfortable enough to sleep in as well. No, I’m not kidding. These are a tiny check, and I love how classic they look styled with all black and gold.
I’ll be showing all of these pants on me later this week, but I wanted to go ahead and feature them today!
STILL IN STOCK…
And once again, in an effort to streamline you’re shopping, here are some of my other favorites that are STILL IN STOCK!
This cardi is longer, thinner, and dressier than the warmer and thicker blush and cream cardigans above. I love it with jeans, but this would also be great for the office. For size reference, I’m wearing the x-small here, but I need a small.
If you don’t yet have a pair of itty bitty boot cut jeans, you better fix that right now! Wit and Wisdom has done it again, y’all! These jeans will make you feel 5 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller than you actually are. They are so stretchy, so forgiving, and incredibly flattering. Pair them with a heel or chunky booty and you will have legs for days! I’m wearing my regular size 4 (NOT petite), but the majority of people size down in these because they are sooooo stretchy and forgiving. But don’t worry, if you get the right size, they absolutely hold their shape throughout the day.
The heart bracelet is sold out, but this colored bracelet stack is DARLING and still available!
This denim dress surprised me in the best way. I thought it might be stiff, but it wasn’t at all. It’s actually quite comfy. I didn’t leave the store with this dress, but I can’t stop thinking about it, so I’m going to order it. I think it’s one of those dresses that would just be great to have in your closet. I’d wear it to church, but it’s western enough that it would also be great for a concert or a theme party (without being too over the top). And again, I’d wear it to church or even just a fun dinner out! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
I grabbed these boots for myself last night. I think they are beautiful, and they will be a great pair of boots to just have on hand. I really wish I would have had something like this for my Nashville girl’s trip earlier this year. They would of course be awesome with skinny jeans, and if styled with the dresses above, you’d be ready for a country concert!
These Wit and Wisdom black pants are one of my favorite items in the sale this year (and every year). I look forward to reviewing these every single year for y’all, and the feedback from those of you that try them is always GOLD! Y’all are always absolutely floored at how awesome they are.
So these look like a typical work pant, BUT THEY’RE NOT. They’re soooooooooo much better.
They are stretchy enough that you just pull them on, which tickles me to no end. They don’t have a zipper, but they do have a button and some sturdy hook and eye closures (I think that’s what they’re called anyway). But even though you’re pulling them on like pajama pants and they are just about as comfy as pajama pants, you are ready for the office! I wear my regular size 4, but most definitely size down. (I own these in 2s as well, but I do prefer how the 4s fit me.) The styling of these pants has changed throughout the years, and I love everything about this year’s version. One year they had a stretchy built in belt, one year the front pockets were faux, but this year’s version has real pockets and belt loops (but no belt). EVERYBODY needs a pair of these black pants, but if you work in an office, these are going to be life changing for you. And I’m not even being dramatic.
This blouse is from CeCe, a brand that has tons of great blouse options for the office.
This blouse is super feminine and pretty with the floral print, the airy and fluttery cap sleeves, and the smocked neckline with the tiny ruffle. I also think this blouse would look great with ankle jeans and booties or boot cut jeans and heels. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
The detailing on this sweater is lovely. The little eyelet lace collar, the pleated sleeves, and the pearl accents on the cuff are so pretty! I need a medium in this sweater. (I’m wearing a large here because they didn’t have a medium in store. You can’t really tell in the picture, but a smaller size would fit me better. It was just too big across the shoulders and there was too much fabric around the middle. I think this would be a lot of fun to style this with skinny ankle jeans and heels for a night out!
This dress is pricey even during the sale, but there’s no doubt it’s beautifully made. It just feels expensive, do you know what I mean? The green floral pattern is gorgeous, and the cut and fit are so good. It’s got a drawstring waist and it buttons on the top. The tiered ruffle skirt is my favorite part. You could dress this up with heels and wear it to a summer wedding, it would look great with wedges too, but I also love it with the booties. It would look awesome with tall boots as well. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
One of my other personal favorite purchases of the sale, I liked this zip up hoodie when I saw it on the hanger, but I absolutely fell in love with it after slipping it on. It’s not heavy at all, and I love the feel of the fabric. It’s so soft and stretchy and just feels great. It comes in black too. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Actually, I bought all 4 pieces I’m wearing here!
Y’all. This year’s blardigan is lightweight, incredibly soft as always, and just as dreamy as ever. If you’re new around these parts, I call these Barefoot Dreams pieces “blardigans” because they are part blanket/part cardigan. I’m telling you, there’s nothing softer out there. If you don’t have one, you need one. Period. The end. I’m wearing the “driftwood” here, but it comes in 4 colors. For size reference, I’m wearing a small.
This year’s version doesn’t have a hood, and it’s longer than any of the others I own. I also think it’s lighter weight than most of them. If you don’t have a blardigan yet, I should tell you that you will wear it ALL YEAR LONG. Most people say they wear it just about every day after they get home. I like to say it’s like wearing a hug. Also, when you can grab them at the sale price, keep in mind that they make EXCELLENT GIFTS. Over the years I’ve given a blardigan to my mom, MIL, sister, SIL, Chris’s grandmother, an extra special one of Carter’s teachers, and a whole lot of friends and others. I’ve found that they are the perfect thing to give to somebody going through a tough time (like a cancer diagnosis). Remember, they are like giving a hug. The person you give one too will think loving thoughts about you each and every time they put it on. Haha! If I give it to somebody that’s going through a hard time, I like to tell them that when they put it on they need to think of it as a hug from me, and I want it to remind them that I’m praying for them.
I first purchased THIS BRA several years ago during the sale, and it’s become a tradition to get a new one every year. It’s expensive when not on sale ($72), but I have found that it’s SO WORTH the money. Grabbing it at the sale price at $48.90 is a no brainer. I named it a MUST HAVE several years ago, and I know so many of you are believers now too! If you doubt me, just check out the online reviews. The cups are perfectly rounded, it has just the right amount of lining, and the material is oh so comfy. And look how pretty the straps are! Click HERE for the bra. True to size for me.
I discovered the THESE UNDIES 4 years ago during the sale, and now they have a cult following. (They are called “girl briefs”, but they are definitely for women.) They stay in place without digging into the skin, rolling down, etc. Plus, they are pretty with the lace detailing. And I’m telling you, you can barely even tell you have them on! I wear a small, so they are true to size for me. I initially bought 1 pair to try several years ago, and then I immediately hopped on and purchased 3 more. Since my initial purchase, I’ve probably purchased 20 additional pair over the years. When I found myself sad when they were all in the laundry, I started grabbing several pair every time they were on sale. Life’s too short to wear undies that you don’t love. You can quote me on that. Needlepoint it on a pillow.
OH…and very important…I DO NOT HAND WASH THESE UNDIES (even though it says to)! Who in the world would do that? I just wash them with everything else!
OH! AND CHECK THIS OUT! The strapless bra that I’ve been raving about for 8 years now (and have turned so many of y’all onto) is NOW IN THE SALE! My friend Meagan finally bought one a couple of years ago, and she kept texting me about it saying things like “My saggy boobies have been perfectly happy and supported since 7 a.m. They feel confident again!” And days later “I’ve decided I only want to wear the strapless bra. Always.” YEP, THAT’S RIGHT. So many of us wear this strapless EVEN WHEN WE DON’T HAVE TO WEAR A STRAPLESS. That’s pretty much unheard of, y’all! Sizing tips: Some buy their regular size, and some size up in the band or the cup.
Click HERE for this strapless. Even if you are large chested, you need to try this bra. And you see it also comes with detachable straps. You can wear them straight, you can criss cross them in the back, or you can of course take them off all together.
This year SPANX sent me this pair of undies, and ohhhhhhhemmmmmmgeeeeeeee they are fantastic. They give tummy control for the days you might need that based on what you’re wearing, but they’re incredibly comfortable, and the lace makes them pretty! For size reference, I wear a small.
If you are a Hanky Panky devotee, don’t you worry! My favorite regular rise thongs can be found HERE. (But my goodness, don’t open the link with kids around!)
If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times….this blanket is one of THE BEST VALUES OF THE ENTIRE SALE.
IT’S ON SALE for ONLY $19.90 y’all, it’s soft as all get out, it looks pretty (I love the fringe!), and it launders great. Certain colors are already sold out, so you might want to grab them fast before they’re all gone. Buy SEVERAL for your own home (just to keep your family from fighting over it), and then buy them as gifts too. It makes a FANTASTIC Christmas present for anybody on your list. Seriously, ANYBODY and EVERYBODY. It’s also a great graduation present. STOCK UP ON THESE BABIES.
Throw one over the back of your couch, throw one on the foot of your bed, and pile them up in a great basket. You’re going to want to have plenty on hand or your family will fight over them. I’m not even kidding.
Click HERE for the throw.
Oh, and they launder perfectly and don’t lose any of their softness.
I asked people on Facebook how many they had purchased, and several people had purchased over 8. There were even a couple of ladies that had purchased as many as 20 over the years for themselves and gifts!
ITEMS I OWN AND LOVE
These are tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with. If you don’t have something on this list that you’re interested in, GET IT. You won’t be disappointed!!!
1) blardigan / 2) pajamas / 3) must have throw / 4) SPANX faux leather leggings / 5) 10x lighted LED mirror / 6) Donna Karen deodorant / 7) makeup setting spray / 8) must have undies / 9) long sleeve tee / 10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / 11) On Cloud sneakers / 12) Hanky Panky thong / 13) Natori bra / 14) must have strapless bra / 15) Natori bra
1) blardigan / I probably get a blardigan every 2-3 years during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, MAKE THIS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. If you’re new here, I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 10 years ago, and I’ve never looked back. Click HERE for all of the Barefoot Dreams items in the sale. And if you already have one for yourself, consider grabbing some as gifts. They make THE BEST gifts for moms, mother-in-laws, grandmothers, sisters, pretty much anybody.
2) pajamas / I love and adore the Nordstrom pajamas. I buy a pair in the sale every couple of years. Actually, I just buy a new pair if there’s a new pattern I really love. Well, I love and adore this blue floral, so I’ll be adding to cart this year.
3) must have throw / If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. I actually recommend that you put at least 3 in your cart. If you don’t keep them all for your own home (which you might), they also make EXCELLENT gifts. And if you only have 1, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, graduation gifts and house-warming gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. And at only $19.99, you won’t be able to beat this deal.
4) SPANX faux leather leggings / I got these 3 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up for sure. I wear a small in Zella leggings, but I wear a medium in these. Actually, at 5’4″, I wear the medium petite. I wore the regular mediums for years, but I grabbed the petites when they were on sale last fall. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE!
5) 10x lighted LED mirror / I bought this during the sale 3 years ago, and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
6) Donna Karen deodorant / I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT. I think I told the story about my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament a couple of years ago), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. It’s true, y’all. Plus, it not only smells great, it also WORKS.
7) makeup setting spray / I’ve tried tons of makeup setting sprays, and this is by far the best I’ve ever used. Excited for the 2 pack!
8) must have undies / GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They truly are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly replacing all of their undies with these babies.
9) long sleeve tee / I own this tee in LOTS of colors. I’m not even sure how many, but off the top of my head I have it in white, black, red, hot pink, lavender, and light blue. Thinking I’m going to add the olive and purple iris to my collection this year. As soon as the temps cool down, I wear them all the time with leggings and sneakers.
10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller? These are the perfect medium wash for Fall. At 5’4″ I get the regular size (not the petites). The petite sizing in this particular pair of jeans is way too short for me. I wear my regular size 4, but most size down.
11) On Cloud sneakers / I grabbed these sneakers last fall. First of all, I love the way they look. I always love blush and grey together, and this color combo is a great kind of neutral option (with a little bit of sass). They have a slim look and they are true to size.
12) Hanky Panky thong / I’m not a regular thong wearer, but when my outfit requires it, I always wear Hanky Panky. You honestly won’t even feel like you’re wearing undies and there will be ZERO lines. They are one size fits all, which I know sounds crazy, but somehow it works because the lace is so stretchy and forgiving.
13) Natori bra / I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 7 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale). Both bras are super comfy and have perfectly rounded cups. I love how the lining is minimally padded (so it minimizes nip issues), but I wouldn’t actually considered padding at all (I don’t like padded bras). And not only do they make your boobs look great when you have clothing on, they are also pretty on their own!
14) must have strapless bra / I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 8 years or so now, maybe more. I feel like I was the only one talking about it at first, but now the whole world knows about it. And the whole world agrees with me. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
15) Natori bra / I love this bra and the #13 bra. I love them equally and don’t really reach for one over the other.
That’s all for today, ladies! I hope some of the items on your wish lists were still in stock and you were able to grab them!!!
Now I’m going to go and take a nap. 😉