Y’all. I’M STRAIGHT UP GIDDY.
Remind me to breathe and please fetch me a Dr. Pepper and a taco. It’s GO TIME.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Icon Access Begins NOW.
I’m shopping the sale in store LIKE A FREAKING MACHINE today, so I’ll definitely have more picks for you after I’m able to physically try on the items. Here’s just a peek at some of the best items in this incredible sale!
*FYI, if you’d rather be shopping Amazon Prime Day, click HERE. My Prime Day post is hopefully going to go live at 6:00 a.m. CST.
WHAT’S CAUGHT MY EYE
The items I’m highlighting today are ones that I have my eye on! I either have these things on my wish list and I’m moving them to my cart today, or I know they are at my local store and I’ll be trying them on today.
Now listen, this collage is a great guide for me, but it’s not set in stone. I won’t be buying and keeping everything in this collage, but these are the items that initially caught my eye online. I also know there will be stuff in the store tomorrow that I’ll end up loving (that’s not even on this collage), but I always start with a list and go from there. On the flip side, there will be things I try on from this collage that I end up not loving, which is just how it goes.
LOOK HOW CUTE EVERYTHING IS! There are sooo many great staples, and I’m totally dying over the denim loafer mules and the pink tweed coat!!! There are several pairs of Mother jeans in the sale, and I hope to fall in love with a pair. I know I’ll definitely end up with a new pair of Wit and Wisdom jeans as well.
1) v-neck sweater / 2) heart bracelet / 3) earrings / 4) tailored blazer / 5) crossbody bag / 6) lip gloss trio / 7) sneakers / 8) booties / 9) loafer mules / 10) hair texturizing spray / 11) belted dress / 12) tweed coat / 13) Mother ankle jeans / 14) Wit and Wisdom faded black jeans (I need a petite in these!) / 15) Barefoot Dreams lounge set
And I cannot wait another second to try on this Barefoot Dreams lounge set. It looks so stylish and insanely comfortable. I plan on treating myself to it for sure!
FALL OUTFIT PLANNING
Y’all know I love styling outfits and creating these inspiration collages, so I thought it would be fun to create outfits made up of pieces just from the Anniversary Sale! I hope to create lots of these outfit collages during the course of the sale, but I have 4 to get us started today.
Today the collages are built all around this $39.99 v-neck sweater. IT IS A PERFECT CLOSET STAPLE, and the below collages are going to show you 4 different ways to style it, although I’m quite sure I could make at least 20 more outfits with the same sweater. This is the “brown shitake”, but it also comes in green sea glass, dark grey heather, purple wonder (a really pretty lilac), and the rust pecan that is a beautiful fall color.
I kept the sweater, the jewelry, and the tweed bag….
And I think pairing the sweater with the faded black jeans and the denim mules gives it a bit of an edgy vibe!
It’s so cute worn super casually with sneaks and “diamond” studs too! If you don’t have a pair of really sparkly and pretty studs, grab these. And these sneakers are a great option instead of Golden Goose.
I love this neutral color with the pink coat and pink earrings! I’m dying over these booties, and the Madewell bag with the pink colorblock strap is adorable.
TRIED AND TRUE FAVORITES
In order to streamline your shopping, I thought I would go ahead and post yesterday’s post again. These are all of my tried and true favorites. Most of these items are ones I’ve had and loved FOR YEARS. We’re talking tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with.
These are items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with. If you don’t have something on this list that you’re interested in, GET IT. You won’t be disappointed!!!
1) blardigan / 2) pajamas / 3) must have throw / 4) SPANX faux leather leggings / 5) 10x lighted LED mirror / 6) Donna Karen deodorant / 7) makeup setting spray / 8) must have undies / 9) long sleeve tee / 10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / 11) On Cloud sneakers / 12) Hanky Panky thong / 13) Natori bra / 14) must have strapless bra / 15) Natori bra
1) blardigan / I probably get a blardigan every 2-3 years during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, MAKE THIS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. If you’re new here, I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 10 years ago, and I’ve never looked back. Click HERE for all of the Barefoot Dreams items in the sale. And if you already have one for yourself, consider grabbing some as gifts. They make THE BEST gifts for moms, mother-in-laws, grandmothers, sisters, pretty much anybody.
2) pajamas / I love and adore the Nordstrom pajamas. I buy a pair in the sale every couple of years. Actually, I just buy a new pair if there’s a new pattern I really love. Well, I love and adore this blue floral, so I’ll be adding to cart this year.
3) must have throw / If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. I actually recommend that you put at least 3 in your cart. If you don’t keep them all for your own home (which you might), they also make EXCELLENT gifts. And if you only have 1, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, graduation gifts and house-warming gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. And at only $19.99, you won’t be able to beat this deal.
4) SPANX faux leather leggings / I got these 3 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up for sure. I wear a small in Zella leggings, but I wear a medium in these. Actually, at 5’4″, I wear the medium petite. I wore the regular mediums for years, but I grabbed the petites when they were on sale last fall. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE!
5) 10x lighted LED mirror / I bought this during the sale 3 years ago, and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
6) Donna Karen deodorant / I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT. I think I told the story about my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament a couple of years ago), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. It’s true, y’all. Plus, it not only smells great, it also WORKS.
7) makeup setting spray / I’ve tried tons of makeup setting sprays, and this is by far the best I’ve ever used. Excited for the 2 pack!
8) must have undies / GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They truly are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly replacing all of their undies with these babies.
9) long sleeve tee / I own this tee in LOTS of colors. I’m not even sure how many, but off the top of my head I have it in white, black, red, hot pink, lavender, and light blue. Thinking I’m going to add the olive and purple iris to my collection this year. As soon as the temps cool down, I wear them all the time with leggings and sneakers.
10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller? These are the perfect medium wash for Fall. At 5’4″ I get the regular size (not the petites). The petite sizing in this particular pair of jeans is way too short for me. I wear my regular size 4, but most size down.
11) On Cloud sneakers / I grabbed these sneakers last fall. First of all, I love the way they look. I always love blush and grey together, and this color combo is a great kind of neutral option (with a little bit of sass). They have a slim look and they are true to size.
12) Hanky Panky thong / I’m not a regular thong wearer, but when my outfit requires it, I always wear Hanky Panky. You honestly won’t even feel like you’re wearing undies and there will be ZERO lines. They are one size fits all, which I know sounds crazy, but somehow it works because the lace is so stretchy and forgiving.
13) Natori bra / I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 7 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale). Both bras are super comfy and have perfectly rounded cups. I love how the lining is minimally padded (so it minimizes nip issues), but I wouldn’t actually considered padding at all (I don’t like padded bras). And not only do they make your boobs look great when you have clothing on, they are also pretty on their own!
14) must have strapless bra / I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 8 years or so now, maybe more. I feel like I was the only one talking about it at first, but now the whole world knows about it. And the whole world agrees with me. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
15) Natori bra / I love this bra and the #13 bra. I love them equally and don’t really reach for one over the other.
Here are some other favorites I have that didn’t make the collage, but that I still love….
Every single year Wit and Wisdom puts out a pair of stretchy black trousers that I love. They seem to differ a bit from year to year, so I’m excited to try the 2023 version. They are always super stretchy, super flattering, and super comfortable. They are always pull-on styling, but they look like a regular pair of pants.
I grab new Caslon tees every year. I mean, how can you say no to a great t-shirt that is under $13. There are many colors to choose from. I wear a medium in these tees for a relaxed fit.
Y’all know I love me some Supergoop products, and there are 3 different bundles in the sale. I absoutely swear by both the Unseen Sunscreen and the Glow Screen.
I own this Free People tunic in hunter green, but I’m completely smitten with this nutmeg. I LOVE wearing it with my SPANX faux leather leggings (also in the sale) and either boots or sneakers. Size wayyyyyyyy down. I wear an XS and it’s still roomy.
Everybody needs a pair of black jeans. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know that 95% of my jeans are from Wit and Wisdom (and for good reason). The brand is my favorite denim brand HANDS DOWN. I wear my regular size 4 in these too, but again, some size down. (To keep these their great black color, I turn them inside out when I wash them. Also, unless they are visibly dirty, don’t wash them every single time I wear them. I typically wash them about every 3-4x I wear them.)
GREAT SALE CATEGORIES
Click HERE for all of the Wit and Wisdom denim options in the sale. SO MANY awesome jeans, many just under $50!
Click HERE for all Barefoot Dreams pieces in the sale.
Click HERE for all of the Zella pieces in the sale.
Click HERE for all of the Beauty exclusives.
Click HERE for all the Mother jeans in the sale.
That’s it for today, y’all. I hope today’s post was a great way to get you started.
I understand that this sale is completely overwhelming, but it is my goal to make it more manageable (and more fun)! I would love it if you would leave a comment telling me what your favorite items are and/or if there are certain things you would like to see me review that you didn’t see on today’s post!