These may be less than ideal circumstances for all of the influencers out there :), but this week we are all going to be shopping both the NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE and AMAZON PRIME DAY. I cannot believe that they both fall this week, BUT HERE WE ARE.
Think of me as your ALL THINGS SALE tour guide and rely on me to find you all the best deals this week! I’m here to help, y’all.
I mean, I might be seeing cross-eyed by Thursday, but we sure are going to have a lot of fun between now and then. 🙂
NORDTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE PREP
LADIES! IT’S ALMOST HERE!
If you’re an Icon, you can shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale tomorrow morning. If you’re an Ambassador, you can shop the sale on Wednesday, and if you’re Influencer Level (which has nothing to do with actually being an influencer), you can shop on Thursday.
And as always, I will be your Anniversary Sale Tour Guide! I hope to be a really great resource to you and my plan is to make shopping the sale FUN. You should probably eat some tacos and get some really restful sleep. And don’t forget to hydrate. Preparation is key. Haha!
I’ve got a collage for you today to help you get an initial game plan.
Today is all about items that are in the sale that I already own and love! Seriously, these aren’t things that I just own, THESE ARE THINGS I STRAIGHT UP LOVE. Everything you see is from years past and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND all of the items. If there are things on this collage you don’t already own, then I think you should consider putting them at the top of your list. They are TRIED AND TRUE for a reason.
ITEMS I OWN AND LOVE
These are tried and true items that I can really stand behind and have lots of experience with. If you don’t have something on this list that you’re interested in, GET IT. You won’t be disappointed!!!
1) blardigan / 2) pajamas / 3) must have throw / 4) SPANX faux leather leggings / 5) 10x lighted LED mirror / 6) Donna Karen deodorant / 7) makeup setting spray / 8) must have undies / 9) long sleeve tee / 10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / 11) On Cloud sneakers / 12) Hanky Panky thong / 13) Natori bra / 14) must have strapless bra / 15) Natori bra
1) blardigan / I probably get a blardigan every 2-3 years during the sale. IT’S TRADITION. If you’ve never treated yourself to a blardigan, MAKE THIS THE YEAR. They are seriously the absolute softest thing you will EVER put on your body. If you’re new here, I call it a blardigan because it’s part blanket and part cardigan. I got my first one around 10 years ago, and I’ve never looked back. Click HERE for all of the Barefoot Dreams items in the sale. And if you already have one for yourself, consider grabbing some as gifts. They make THE BEST gifts for moms, mother-in-laws, grandmothers, sisters, pretty much anybody.
2) pajamas / I love and adore the Nordstrom pajamas. I buy a pair in the sale every couple of years. Actually, I just buy a new pair if there’s a new pattern I really love. Well, I love and adore this blue floral, so I’ll be adding to cart this year.
3) must have throw / If you know, you know. If you don’t know, YOU NEED TO KNOW. Put at least 1 in your cart to try, but I promise you will end up coming back for more. I actually recommend that you put at least 3 in your cart. If you don’t keep them all for your own home (which you might), they also make EXCELLENT gifts. And if you only have 1, the people in your house will be fighting for it. We own MANY, and I’ve given sooooooooooo many as gifts! They’re great for Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, graduation gifts and house-warming gifts! I had readers last year that said they bought 10 and knocked out their Christmas lists for extended family. And at only $19.99, you won’t be able to beat this deal.
4) SPANX faux leather leggings / I got these 3 years ago and think they are AWESOME. Size up for sure. I wear a small in Zella leggings, but I wear a medium in these. Actually, at 5’4″, I wear the medium petite. I wore the regular mediums for years, but I grabbed the petites when they were on sale last fall. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH MORE!
5) 10x lighted LED mirror / I bought this during the sale 3 years ago, and it was one of my favorite purchases all year long. I leave it on my bathroom counter and use it every day. I also use it when I film hair and makeup instastories because it has a magnetic phone holder that makes hand free videos a breeze. It’s also the perfect mirror to travel with. It’s thin enough to throw in my suitcase, and it’s so much better to do makeup while on trips with this mirror instead of using the terrible bathroom lighting.
6) Donna Karen deodorant / I will buy this deodorant 3 pack every single year that it’s in the sale, and it better be in the sale every year. I get that it’s a total bougee move to wear deodorant that’s this expensive, but I can’t help it. I LOVE IT. I think I told the story about my friend Meagan complimenting how I smelled one day (we were working side by side while volunteering at the Manda Strong Golf Tournament a couple of years ago), and I was like “Thank you, it’s my armpits“. It’s true, y’all. Plus, it not only smells great, it also WORKS.
7) makeup setting spray / I’ve tried tons of makeup setting sprays, and this is by far the best I’ve ever used. Excited for the 2 pack!
8) must have undies / GET THESE UNDIES. Get them now. Please. I beg you. Just try them. They truly are MUST HAVES. If you’ve already been converted to these undies, then I know you stock up every year during the sale! Most people that try these end up slowly replacing all of their undies with these babies.
9) long sleeve tee / I own this tee in LOTS of colors. I’m not even sure how many, but off the top of my head I have it in white, black, red, hot pink, lavender, and light blue. Thinking I’m going to add the olive and purple iris to my collection this year. As soon as the temps cool down, I wear them all the time with leggings and sneakers.
10) must have itty bitty boot cut jeans / LADIES. If you haven’t tried the itty bitty boot cut jeans yet, what in the world are you waiting for? Do you not want to look 5 pounds thinner and 2 inches taller? These are the perfect medium wash for Fall. At 5’4″ I get the regular size (not the petites). The petite sizing in this particular pair of jeans is way too short for me. I wear my regular size 4, but most size down.
11) On Cloud sneakers / I grabbed these sneakers last fall. First of all, I love the way they look. I always love blush and grey together, and this color combo is a great kind of neutral option (with a little bit of sass). They have a slim look and they are true to size.
12) Hanky Panky thong / I’m not a regular thong wearer, but when my outfit requires it, I always wear Hanky Panky. You honestly won’t even feel like you’re wearing undies and there will be ZERO lines. They are one size fits all, which I know sounds crazy, but somehow it works because the lace is so stretchy and forgiving.
13) Natori bra / I’ve owned and loved this bra for years, and I named it a MUST HAVE over 7 years ago. I know there are many of you that only wear this bra or this bra (also available in the sale). Both bras are super comfy and have perfectly rounded cups. I love how the lining is minimally padded (so it minimizes nip issues), but I wouldn’t actually considered padding at all (I don’t like padded bras). And not only do they make your boobs look great when you have clothing on, they are also pretty on their own!
14) must have strapless bra / I’ve been talking about this strapless bra for at least 8 years or so now, maybe more. I feel like I was the only one talking about it at first, but now the whole world knows about it. And the whole world agrees with me. I’m telling you, it is the most comfortable strapless bra you have ever OR WILL EVER put on your body. I’m not being dramatic. You’ll even find yourself wearing it when you don’t even have to wear a strapless bra. It’s that good. You won’t have to tug or pull on it, and it will give you a nice and rounded shape.
15) Natori bra / I love this bra and the #13 bra. I love them equally and don’t really reach for one over the other.
Here are some other favorites I have that didn’t make the collage, but that I still love….
Every single year Wit and Wisdom puts out a pair of stretchy black trousers that I love. They seem to differ a bit from year to year, so I’m excited to try the 2023 version. They are always super stretchy, super flattering, and super comfortable. They are always pull-on styling, but they look like a regular pair of pants.
I grab new Caslon tees every year. I mean, how can you say no to a great t-shirt that is under $13. There are many colors to choose from. I wear a medium in these tees for a relaxed fit.
Y’all know I love me some Supergoop products, and there are 3 different bundles in the sale. I absoutely swear by both the Unseen Sunscreen and the Glow Screen.
I own this Free People tunic in hunter green, but I’m completely smitten with this nutmeg. I LOVE wearing it with my SPANX faux leather leggings (also in the sale) and either boots or sneakers. Size wayyyyyyyy down. I wear an XS and it’s still roomy.
Everybody needs a pair of black jeans. If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know that 95% of my jeans are from Wit and Wisdom (and for good reason). The brand is my favorite denim brand HANDS DOWN. I wear my regular size 4 in these too, but again, some size down. (To keep these their great black color, I turn them inside out when I wash them. Also, unless they are visibly dirty, don’t wash them every single time I wear them. I typically wash them about every 3-4x I wear them.)
AMAZON PRIME DAY PREP
I scoured the site for some EARLY PRIME DAY DEALS and found some really great items for awesome prices. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that all of these objects are still on sale come Monday morning.
I have AND LOVE the Shark handheld vacuum and the Elemis pads. If you don’t have them, you should totally consider grabbing them ON SALE. The olive tree is 52% OFF and my sister can vouch for its quality. She has it and loves it. I just added the soft leopard throw and mixing bowl set to my cart.
Other current deals…
I own and love this tea towel set. Such great neutrals, and I love the texture.
I bought these gorgeous boxes for Conner as a house-warming present last year when they moved into their new home. She loves them. The boxes and the tea towel set are both from Creative Co-Op. I love so much of their stuff, and there’s a ton of it on sale right now HERE.
I’m completely obsessed with my Delsey luggage, and this 2-piece set is ON SALE!
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK
Tomorrow I’m shopping the Nordstrom Sale IN STORE all day long, but I will still have 2 scheduled blog posts that go out early Tuesday morning: 1 for Nordstrom AND 1 for Amazon.
I’m posting Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week and will be covering ALL THINGS Nordstrom and Amazon on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday will focus on just Nordstrom.
I’ll also have Facebook posts that are scheduled all throughout the day each and every day. I’m hoping to have links on instastories too, but I’m gonna be honest, I’m not sure how I’m going to get it all done. Haha! FINGERS CROSSED.
Don’t forget to carb load ladies, this week is big. 😉