OUTFIT INSPIRATION COLLAGES
I’ve got some more fall outfit inspiration for y’all!
Today I’ve done just 4 collages…. but all 4 are SUPER cute! #ifidosaysomyself
You’ll see how I’ve mixed and matched items to change up the look of an entire outfit with just 1 or 2 pieces.
This mock neck sweater has such a cool vibe. I love this beautiful “nutmeg” color, but it also comes in black and cream. Click through to see it on the model to get a better idea of the fit. I’ve styled it here with the Wit and Wisdom cords I first featured a couple of weeks ago. They have the Ab Solution technology and are stretchy, so I’m betting they are quite comfy. I’m loving this all neutral outfit with the only pop of color coming from the earrings.
All of the accessories here are the same, but I changed out the cords for our favorite jeans, and I created an edgier look with the black sling bag and Chelsea boots.
For this third look, every single thing in this 3rd outfit is the same in the 2nd outfit, except for the sweater! All I did was change the sweater, and it’s a totally different look!
And here’s the same sweater and the same jewelry with the cords from Outfit #2. And I threw in the mules I’ve been highlighting for weeks now.
4 GREAT fall looks, don’t ya think?
Carter’s high school’s Homecoming was last Thursday, right before our fall break. All the kids went to the game, we left town the next morning to head to the ranch, and then some of the kids got together on Monday night since they didn’t have school on Tuesday. (Our high school does Homecoming differently than most high schools, and they don’t have a Homecoming dance.)
Some of the kids had dates, some of them didn’t, but this cute group met up to eat in downtown McKinney. We took pics of everybody (they were all super sweet to indulge us mamas), they walked around a bit, and then they headed to Arcade 92 on the square for some more fun! The mamas ate and walked around too (leaving them alone except for the paparazzi moments), and it was a great night!
READER FEEDBACK AND QUESTIONS
I love hearing from you guys all week long, but I of course especially love it when I get messages that y’all love what I love! Haha!
I will say that most of the time I find that I get similar messages from y’all (like one week everybody will e-mail/comment about the same thing), and I always think even if just three people ask the same question, that probably means that lots of other people have the same question or feelings.
Here are some questions/comments that I’ve received over the last couple of weeks in case some of y’all are wondering the same things:
- I’ve had a couple of people already ask if I was going to do TEACHER GIFTS for Christmas with Accessory Concierge! The answer is HECK YES! We are working together again, and the gift this year is FABULOUS. I’m sooooooooooooo excited about it. We did scarves the last 2 years and earrings or bracelets for several years before that, BUT THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE SO GOOD. It’s a unique gift that literally EVERY LADY ON YOUR LIST would be excited to receive. So yes, it’s going to be good for teachers, but it’s also going to be a great $20 gift option for every single lady you know. How’s that for a teaser, y’all! Oh, one more thing, the item will come packed in a gift box with a sweet little note on it, so you won’t even have to worry about wrapping it!
- Tons of you ladies ordered this sweater, and I’m so excited that everybody seems to love it as much as I do because I got lots of messages about it. Stephanie W. sent me a message that said “Sheaffer, this sweater is one of my favorite items that I’ve ever ordered from your blog and I’ve ordered a lot. Just ask my husband. The color combo is really happy, and you were right that it is very flattering. It’s still 90 degrees where I live, but I can’t wait to wear this sweater.” Yay, Stephanie! I love it for so many reasons, but first and foremost is the fact that it truly is so dang flattering!!! The V with the color blocking will make your waist appear smaller than it is. And do you see how the color blocking appears on the arm as well? It really slims down the arms too! It’s like a magical sweater. And the colors are happy, vibrant, and just plain fun. It’s super soft, and I know it’s going to become a fast favorite for me as soon as the weather cools down. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
- Do y’all remember when I featured these drawstring ponte pants in outfit inspiration collages last month? I told y’all I was going to dedicate a post to them several weeks ago, but they sold out when people bought them up from the first post, so I haven’t done the post yet. I’ve received lots of messages about these pants asking when the heck I’m going to talk about them again since all of you that bought them want to see how I styled them. WELL, I have good news and bad news. The pants are still sold out, BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY GETTING A RESTOCK! I have a post all planned where I style them 3 ways, but I’m waiting for the restock to publish the post. I LOVE the pants, I know lots of y’all want the pants, and I want you to be able to immediately grab them when I post about them.To get y’all excited about the restock, here’s one of my outfit collages with the pants. They’re from Wit and Wisdom, they are an awesome ponte fabric (which means they are so stretchy and comfy), and they are DARLING. They will be great for those of you that work in an office environment, but you can see here that I also think they look great styled casually with sneakers. I promise to post about them just as soon as they are available again!
- denim jacket / white tee / drawstring ponte pants / beaded stud earrings (daisy flower) / woven bag / gold bracelet stack (matte gold tone) / rainbow stripe bracelet stack / sneakers (white/tan perf)
- I’ve received TONS of questions recently about when the Colleen Rothschild Illuminating Tinted Eye Cream is going to get a restock! The last time I asked my contact I was told “hopefully mid October“, so even if it’s running late I’m thinking it should be available again by the end of the month! I’ll be sure to let y’all know! I would say that this eye cream was definitely my favorite new product for the entire year.
I know I’ve probably talked about this miracle spray several times before, but I’m talking about it again today because it saved several pieces of clothing for me THIS WEEK. One of my favorite tees got red pasta sauce on it, and a short sleeve sweatshirt that I wear all the time had an olive oil spot on it. This spray took the stains right out, just like it always does! I’m kicking myself for not getting before and after pics, but I just didn’t think about it. Next stain, I’M TAKING PICTURES. To be honest, I don’t ever remember a stain that didn’t come out with this spray!
SOME AMAZON PIECES
I think this lace crochet chiffon blouse is gorgeous. It has a super swingy fit, the sleeves are sheer with Swiss dots, and there’s pretty lace detail on the neckline too. I’m wearing it casually here, but I think it would also look great with boot cut jeans and heels! For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
This navy button down blouse is a super relaxed fit button down, and I totally dig it. It’s perfectly drapey and has a great casual vibe. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium.
Another great fall outfit combo. How pretty is the camel with the rust?
This cardigan has almost 20,000 reviews, and the majority are 5 stars!
This is a cardi that’s great for running around town, but it’s definitely nice enough for the office as well. I’ve had this one for a couple of years now, and it still looks awesome. It’s light weight, and it’s an open design that lays perfectly. For size reference, I’m wearing a medium. This one comes in 21 colors. It’s a great buy and a perfect closet basic.
I’m totally smitten with this pretty blush sweater! It’s incredibly soft, has a deep v neck, and a blousy fit with voluminous sleeves. I’m wearing a medium here, but I definitely need a small. I LOVE the color and how soft it is, so I’m definitely going to order the small. Notice the drapey sleeves and the pretty pleats before the fitted cuffs!
That’s all for today, y’all! Have a wonderful weekend with your people!